VPN SCO unixware 7.1.3 or 7.1.4

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to setting up a vpn on
unixware.  Would like to use a basic linksys type router with vpn ..
any help or direction would be appreciated

0
jpg1 (9)

"crayzeetrayn" <jpg@jdconsulting-usa.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone point me in the right direction as to setting up a vpn on
> unixware.  Would like to use a basic linksys type router with vpn ..
> any help or direction would be appreciated

The linksys worked fine for me.  Have you read the accompanying help info in
the linksys?
The only caution that I can give you is use different subnets on each end.
Ask specific questions here....

Ron

0
ron2132 (103)
5/19/2007 4:46:50 PM
On May 19, 12:46 pm, "Ronald Marchand" <r...@rojomar.com> wrote:
> "crayzeetrayn" <j...@jdconsulting-usa.com> wrote in message

> > Can anyone point me in the right direction as to setting up a vpn on
> > unixware.  Would like to use a basic linksys type router with vpn ..
> > any help or direction would be appreciated
>
> The linksys worked fine for me.  Have you read the accompanying help info in
> the linksys?
> The only caution that I can give you is use different subnets on each end.
> Ask specific questions here....
>
> Ron

What linksys router did you use?

0
jpg1 (9)
5/20/2007 8:14:58 PM
> On May 19, 12:46 pm, "Ronald Marchand" <r...@rojomar.com> wrote:
>> "crayzeetrayn" <j...@jdconsulting-usa.com> wrote in message

>> > Can anyone point me in the right direction as to setting up a vpn on
>> > unixware.  Would like to use a basic linksys type router with vpn ..
>> > any help or direction would be appreciated
>>
>> The linksys worked fine for me.  Have you read the accompanying help info
>> in
>> the linksys?
>> The only caution that I can give you is use different subnets on each
>> end.
>> Ask specific questions here....
>>
>> Ron
>
> What linksys router did you use?

I used BEFSX41's on both ends with fixed addresses. Did set up one with only
one fixed address.

Ron

0
ron2132 (103)
5/20/2007 11:07:39 PM
On May 20, 7:07 pm, "Ronald Marchand" <r...@rojomar.com> wrote:
> "crayzeetrayn" <j...@jdconsulting-usa.com> wrote in message

> > On May 19, 12:46 pm, "Ronald Marchand" <r...@rojomar.com> wrote:
> >> "crayzeetrayn" <j...@jdconsulting-usa.com> wrote in message

> >> The linksys worked fine for me.  Have you read the accompanying help info
> >> in
> >> the linksys?
> >> The only caution that I can give you is use different subnets on each
> >> end.
> >> Ask specific questions here....
>
> >> Ron
>
> > What linksys router did you use?
>
> I used BEFSX41's on both ends with fixed addresses. Did set up one with only
> one fixed address.
>
> Ron

Help me with this here .. What I want do do is setup the vpn so that I
may access the
unixware box remotely, update programs, data, etc.  Can the vpn and
unixware be set
to provide a "login" at the unixware end as if I was a terminal
connected internally?

0
jpg1 (9)
5/21/2007 4:22:43 PM
On Mon, May 21, 2007, crayzeetrayn wrote:
>On May 20, 7:07 pm, "Ronald Marchand" <r...@rojomar.com> wrote:
>> "crayzeetrayn" <j...@jdconsulting-usa.com> wrote in message

>> I used BEFSX41's on both ends with fixed addresses. Did set up one with only
>> one fixed address.

We've used many LinkSys BEFP41s as well.

>Help me with this here .. What I want do do is setup the vpn so that I may
>access the unixware box remotely, update programs, data, etc.  Can the vpn
>and unixware be set to provide a "login" at the unixware end as if I was a
>terminal connected internally?

That's what rational VPN boxes do (I don't know what things like PPTP do).

Assuming that the VPN box is the router/default gateway for the sites
involved, all that's necessary is to identify the IP address of the
UnixWare box at the remote clients so they request connections to that box.

It's a bit more complicated in a case such as we have here where our main
connection is via a T1, connected to a Linux box, and the VPN box is not
the primary default route.  In this case, we have some static routes for
external VPN connections on the box that handles NAT for our internal
network so that it knows to route private VPN connections through the
appropriate box without doing NAT instead of sending it to the box with the
T1.  In our case this is a bit more complicated as some of our VPN
connections go through a LinkSys, and others through a Linux box using
IPSec.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill@Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software, LLC

Democracy must be sometihng more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what
to have for dinner -- James Bovard
0
bill5504 (468)
5/21/2007 6:21:49 PM

>> > What linksys router did you use?
>>
>> I used BEFSX41's on both ends with fixed addresses. Did set up one with
>> only
>> one fixed address.
>>
>> Ron
>
> Help me with this here .. What I want do do is setup the vpn so that I
> may access the
> unixware box remotely, update programs, data, etc.  Can the vpn and
> unixware be set
> to provide a "login" at the unixware end as if I was a terminal
> connected internally?

You should have said that, what you really wanted, then.

There are several different ways of implimenting a vpn, each with different
features and limitations or problems, and you have to know what the job is
that needs doing before anyone can say how to do it. Asking how to set up a
vpn is like asking how to set up a network.

In this case, now that we know what you really want, you don't need or want
_any_ vpn for that.
You just want to enable ssh on the unixware box and set up very trivial
routing so the uixware box can be reached from the internet via ssh.
Thats both far simpler to set up, and far more reliable to keep working
without lots of attention, than any form of vpn.

I'm more familiar with OpenServer than Unixware so I can't say in exact
detail how to enable ssh on Unixware.
On your version it might already be installed, or might need to be
installed. I do know if it needs to be installed there is a package that
makes it simple.
I could google it and tell you in less time than it's taking to write this,
but that means so can you.

1) Tell the unixware box the correct default gateway and dns servers for
your lan (just like you have to tell pc's if you werent using dhcp for
them.)
I don't know where the default gateway is defined in unixware but now you
can just google that easy. The dns is defined in /etc/resolv.conf

2) Tell your router (at the unixware box site) to forward tcp port 22 in to
the unixware box's lan ip.

3) [ assuming the site does not have a static public ip ] Create a
dyndns.org account and hostname for this site and configure the account
details into the DDNS page in the router.

4) Install and/or enable ssh onthe unixware box.
I don't know if that particular version of unixware ships with ssh and all
you need to do is enable it, or if you have to find a package and install
it, but either way I know it's simple to google it. You just needed to know
that thats what you want.

5) Install PuTTY and FileZilla on your pc at home (or anywhere) and use them
to connect to the dyndns.org hostname you created, or static ip or hostname
if they have that.
Putty provides a terminal emulator (and file transfer but command line like
dos ftp)
FileZilla provides gui file transfer.

Details of exactly how to use putty and filezilla or any other terminal
emulator or file transfer util, and/or recommendations what other terminal
emulators might better meet your needs (since putty is merely a good free
one, but lacks important features several commercial ones have) are really a
whole conversation of their own and beyond the scope of this post.

Atually you could have remote terminal and file access right now via telnet
and ftp, as they are basic parts of the system that are already installed
and enabled from the first minute, but that wouldn't be as secure as a vpn.
ssh on the other hand is secure like a vpn, and requires only plain old
basic routing and no special client-side router or network address space
setup.
You would still use the same putty and filezilla on the pc whether you used
telnet & ftp or ssh.
There are even java terminal emulators and file upload/download cgi's that
would allow you to have remote access from any client pc purely via web
browser from anywhere including random pc's you have no control over like
internet cafe's and kiosks if you wanted.

Brian K. White    brian@aljex.com    http://www.myspace.com/KEYofR
filePro  BBx    Linux  SCO  FreeBSD    #callahans  Satriani  Filk!

0
brian109 (760)

crayzeetrayn schrieb:
> Can anyone point me in the right direction as to setting up a vpn on
> unixware.  Would like to use a basic linksys type router with vpn ..
> any help or direction would be appreciated

You can do VPN without Linksys using IPsec on UnixWare (UnixWare 7.1.4
or UnixWare 7.1.3 with Update Pack 4).
Some links:
<http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/NET_ipsec/roadwarrior.html>
<http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/NET_ipsec/ipsec_top.html>

Tunneling via OpenSSH should also be possible for some situations.

Andreas
0
ak120 (26)
5/23/2007 11:49:12 AM
I have been trying to get this working (finally go the ok).  I am
following the guidelines from the following links
<http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/NET_ipsec/roadwarrior.html>
<http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/NET_ipsec/ipsec_top.html>

But when I try to invoke the ipseckey -f /etc/inet/ipsec.conf
command .. it just sits there and hangs .. any ideas?

Thanks
Jay

0
jpg1 (9)
7/19/2007 11:48:10 PM
k got past that previous problem .. now i get this when starting
racoon
err.c: failed to parse configuration file.

Help
Thanks
Jay

0
jpg1 (9)

Giving away: Unixware 7.1.0, 7.1.1, 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 media, SDK and updates
I'm cleaning-up and need to give away or throw-out all my unixware media: 7.1.0 - 7.1.3, the software development kit and updates. I've already sold-off the licenses so this is the media only! Please respond to ftarz@mindspring.com if you are interested. You pay the shipping of your choice. ...

UnixWare 7.1.4 UnixWare 7.1.3 : ppp buffer overflow
iDEFENSE has identified a Buffer Overflow vulnerability in SCO Unixware ppp prompt. Local exploitation of a buffer overflow vulnerability in the ppp binary, allows attackers to gain root privileges. This could lead to the execution of arbitrary code with root privileges, as ppp is setuid root by default. More: http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/414069 -- Regards, Weird (Harold Stevens) * IMPORTANT EMAIL INFO FOLLOWS * Pardon any bogus email addresses (wookie) in place for spambots. Really, it's (wyrd) at airmail, dotted with net. DO NOT SPAM IT. Kids jumping ship? Looking to hire an old-school type? Email me. ...

Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines
Hi, I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. Have got all the commands / scripts for AIX, Solaris and HP-UX but not for SCO. Many thanks, Steve Button On 2 Aug 2005 04:06:58 -0700, "Steve Button" <steve0504@pointers-uk.net> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO >5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the >info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, >disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, >tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). > >Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this >info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for >some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. > Is version 5.7.1.1 UnixWare 7.1.1? I've never seen Unixware in any form, but on SCO OpenServer there is a command called "hw" which will detail most if not all of what y...

Re: Audit of Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO 5.7.1.1 machines (fwd)
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Steve Button wrote: > I'm trying to perform an Audit of several Unixware 2.1.3 and SCO > 5.7.1.1 (yes, really!) and I need to get the commands to grab all the > info about the systems. This is things like number of disk controllers, > disks, size of disks, amount of memory, CPUs, software installed, NICs, > tape drives, volume groups (if approprate). > > Is there a bunch of commands somewhere that I can use to get all this > info. I've been googling around, and looking through this group for > some of the morning but I'm not having much luck. > > Have got all the commands / scripts for AIX, Solaris and HP-UX but not > for SCO. Take a look at the UnixWare 7 FAQ at http://www.zenez.com/cgi-bin/ou8faq/faq How do I document my UW 7 System? (HW, SW...) http://www.zenez.com/tmp/ou8faqz/cache/248.html Good Luck, -- Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com> ZENEZ 1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah 84047 ...

UnixWare 7.1.4 and MySQL-4.1.12 and 4.1.X downloads.
Hello, For any one that tried to download mysql-4.1.11 or mysql-4.12 for UnixWare 7.1.X I am sorry. I messed up the permissions. I placed the binaries on the ftp server but forgot to check the permissions on the files. I have now fixed them. Sorry for the inconvience. Please note that UnixWare 7.1.12 needs the Berkeley DB libraies found at ftp://ftp.zenez.com/pub/zenez/prgms/bdb-4-mysql-4.1.12-uw7.tar.gz These need to be gunzip, gmake install, and a LD_LIBRARY_PATH added to use them. An other option is once you have installed them you can create a link from them to /usr/lib/. This version does fail one test the KILL test. I have included the messages from the failure for you information. kill [ fail ] Errors are (from /home/mount/zensco/local/zenez/build/mysql-4.1.12/mysql-test/var/log/mysqltest-time) : /home/mount/zensco/local/zenez/build/mysql-4.1.12/client/.libs/mysqltest: At line 31: query 'select 1' succeeded - should have failed with errno 2006... /home/mount/zensco/local/zenez/build/mysql-4.1.12/client/.libs/mysqltest: At line 41: Result length mismatch (the last lines may be the most important ones) Below are the diffs between actual and expected results: ------------------------------------------------------- *** r/kill.result Fri May 13 15:04:03 2005 --- r/kill.reject Tue May 31 09:38:47 2005 *************** *** 6,12 **** 0 kill @id; select 1; - Got one of the listed errors select ((@id :=...

verifiing 8.1.7.4.1 upgrade to 8.1.7.4.x
I have upgraded our test 8.1.7.4.1 database to 8.1.7.4.13. I would like to verify this fact. In the readme it does state that all the products will not display the version number 8.1.7.4.13, because it's a cummulative patch. I would like to see at least one file with the version number greater than 8.1.7.4.1 querying the database, v$instance still yields 8.1.7.4.1 Any ideas? thanks Try (might need as SYS) column comp_name format a35 column status format a20 column version format a11 select comp_name, status, substr(version,1,10) as version from dba_registry order by comp_name; HTH tED "Ivette Dumois" <ivettedumois@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:654ecf81.0404151414.267764e3@posting.google.com... > I have upgraded our test 8.1.7.4.1 database to 8.1.7.4.13. I would > like to verify this fact. > > In the readme it does state that all the products will not display the > version number 8.1.7.4.13, because it's a cummulative patch. > > I would like to see at least one file with the version number greater > than 8.1.7.4.1 > > querying the database, v$instance still yields 8.1.7.4.1 > > Any ideas? > > thanks Ivette Dumois wrote: > I have upgraded our test 8.1.7.4.1 database to 8.1.7.4.13. I would > like to verify this fact. > > In the readme it does state that all the products will not display the > version number 8.1.7.4.13, because it's a cummulative patch. > > I wo...

rpm Problems on SCO UnixWare 7.1.1
I am having problems using the rpm v. 3.0.6 that comes with UnixWare 7.1.1. Whenever I give it any command other than --help, --showrc, or --version I get: rpm: only one major mode may be specified I have rpm working fine on AIX and Tru64, and of course Linux. I sure did not expect to run into any problems with rpm on SCO. What do I need to do to get this thing working. Our company needs rpm support very badly as we distribute our Java apps in noarch rpms, and we have to support SCO UW 7.1.1 platforms. Some of the commands that I have tried are: rpm -qa rpm -qpi filename.noarch.rpm rpm -qpl f...

C.7.6.3.1.4 Pixel Data and C.7.6.2.1.1 Image Position And Image Orientation
Dear All, How should I reconcile the definitions of image coordinates in the "Pixel Data" and "Image Position and Image Orientation" sections of the 2009 DICOM standard? "Pixel Data" says that the pixels are labelled: (1,1) (1,2) (1,3) (1,4) etc. (2,1) (2,2) (2,3) (2,4) etc. etc. i.e. (row starting at 1, column starting at 1) But the formula on the "Image Position And Image Orientation" section it say is said to determine "The mapping of pixel location (i, j)" but WHERE i Column index to the image plane. The first column is index zero. and j Row index to the image plane. The first row index is zero. Should the image data be considered to be indexed from 0 or from 1? Should the pixel coordinates (i,j) be (row, col) or (col, row)? Many thanks, Dr Chris Rodgers University of Oxford. -- QUOTE from the standard -- ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/2009/09_03pu3.pdf C.7.6.3.1.4 Pixel Data Pixel Data (7FE0,0010) for this image. The order of pixels sent for each image plane is left to right, top to bottom, i.e., the upper left pixel (labeled 1,1) is sent first followed by the remainder of row 1, followed by the first pixel of row 2 (labeled 2,1) then the remainder of row 2 and so on. For multi-plane images see Planar Configuration (0028,0006) in this Section. C.7.6.2.1.1 Image Position And Image Orientation .... The Image Plane Attributes, in conjunction with...

how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1
hi, i like to know how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1? it need any patches?.if so mail me to--snaren_dba@yahoo.com -- Posted via http://dbforums.com I use oracle 817 on a unixware 711 with maintenance pack 3. I only had problems with tmp free space during installation, if you don't have a big tmp volume try to link Oracle install directory outside. Greetings. snaren_dba <member32299@dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<3143890.1058980488@dbforums.com>... > hi, > i like to know how to install oracle 8.1.7 on unixware 7.1.1? it need > a...

== DB Replication from 7.3.1 to 7.3.1 ==
# Have tried to prevent asking here but have spent many hours on this topic already # Actually, I'm a big Postgres fan, but replication on a MySQL box did work # out-of-the-box without any matters :-| I'd like to setup a "Hello, World database replication" between two 7.3.1 installations on two Linux hosts. The Master is running on port 5432, the slave is running through a Socket. I'm using DBMirror.pl on the client side which is being included in the core distribution since 7.3 at contrib/dbmirror. First of all, there seems to be a bug or feature that prevents it can...

prngd not seeded error on sco unixware 7.1.1
I have downloaded the latest versions of ssh-3.4.p1 and prngd-0.9.22 as well as ssl-0.9.6e and zlib-1.1.4 . After installation and starting sshd I receive the error that prngd is not seeded and sshd bails. I have tried various things to get this working, included defining the config file and seed file within the start up of prngd . Another option was putting my linking my egd-pool to /dev/urandom. This actually produced a different effect, instead of bailing the program actually started to do the key generation, but just hung there with that, not doing anything. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to make suggestions. Thanks in advance Bob ...

== DB Replication from 7.3.1 to 7.3.1 ==
# Have tried to prevent asking here but have spent many hours on this topic already # Actually, I'm a big Postgres fan, but replication on a MySQL box did work # out-of-the-box without any matters :-| I'd like to setup a "Hello, World database replication" between two 7.3.1 installations on two Linux hosts. The Master is running on port 5432, the slave is running through a Socket. I'm using DBMirror.pl on the client side which is being included in the core distribution since 7.3 at contrib/dbmirror. First of all, there seems to be a bug or feature that prevents it can...

tcl on Sco Unixware 7.1.3
Does anyone have any experience with tcl running on SCO Unixware 7.1.3? I have used tcl in the Windows world, but I am new to tcl in the Unix world. The documentation says the program (tcl executable) is called tclsh in Unix, but I am unable to find it on our Unix box. I am also unable to find "source" on our Unix box. Tcl version 8.0 is installed on the Unix box and when I type "tcl" at the prompt is puts me into tcl. I also have a file called "tclsh8.0" in the /usr/local/bin directory. Is that the tcl shell (executable program) for this version? Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ricci "Ricci Graham" <rlmgraham@swbell.net> wrote in message news:Nud1f.4412$Zs3.1508@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net... > Does anyone have any experience with tcl running on SCO Unixware > 7.1.3? I have used tcl in the Windows world, but I am new to tcl in > the Unix world. > > The documentation says the program (tcl executable) is called tclsh > in Unix, but I am unable to find it on our Unix box. I am also > unable to find "source" on our Unix box. > > Tcl version 8.0 is installed on the Unix box and when I type "tcl" > at the prompt is puts me into tcl. I also have a file called > "tclsh8.0" in the /usr/local/bin directory. Is that the tcl shell > (executable program) for this version? I'd assume that the tclsh8.0 is the file that's...

Problem:installing oracle 7.2.3 on unixware 7.1.1 error!!!!!!
I installing the oracle 7.2.3 on unixware 7.1.1 . What I do is following the install manual, ( 1.mount oracle cd-rom on /mnt directory 2.su - oracle oracle>mkdir $ORACLE_HOME/link oracle>/mnt/start.sh oracle>$ORACLE_HOME/link/orainst/orainst when the orainst intsaller ready to install the oracle to UNIX os,the erorr is FILE NOT FOUND..... but have some problems when running the orainst ...

building GCC 3.3.2 or 3.2.3 on Unixware 7.1.1
Has anybody done this successfully? I'm running into problems with the C++ library. AFAICT, the compiler is built ok (bootstrapping all succeeds), but the C++ library chokes. It seems to mostly be complaining about the 'volatile' keyword in pthread.h. I'm using binutils, btw. The ccs based build fails to bootstrap for me. Best regards, Brent Brent Eagles wrote: > Has anybody done this successfully? > > I'm running into problems with the C++ library. AFAICT, the compiler is > built ok (bootstrapping all succeeds), but the C++ library...

Cannot print to Windows 7 shared printer over VPN from Unixware 7.1.4
Hey, I have a home PC running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with a shared printer attached to it. I connect to the office through the Sonicwall Global VPN Client and am able to connect to our office server (running Unix). I have the shared printer configured on the Unix server but cannot print to it through the VPN. It can see my home Windows 7 PC, but cannot establish a connection to print. smbclient -L command shows "session setup failed: NT_STATUS_OK" To troubleshoot I also tried printing from a Windows XP machine at the office, as well as a Windows 7 machine and both worked. I have had this layout working perfectly when I used to use Windows XP, and I am guessing that there is a security option in Windows 7 that is not allowing this (I had turned off the Win 7 firewall, but didn't help). I hope this is enough information. Thanks in advance for your suggestions, Adam Wolfie wrote: > Hey, > > I have a home PC running Windows 7 Pro 64bit with a shared printer > attached to it. I connect to the office through the Sonicwall Global > VPN Client and am able to connect to our office server (running Unix). > I have the shared printer configured on the Unix server but cannot > print to it through the VPN. It can see my home Windows 7 PC, but > cannot establish a connection to print. > > smbclient -L command shows "session setup failed: NT_STATUS_OK" > > To troubleshoot I also tried printing from a Windows XP machine at th...

ULTRIUM TAPE DRIVES ON SCO UNIXWARE 7.1.4
I have an Ultrium drive that appears to need a firmware upgrade to solve a problem re cleaning light on when drive does not need cleaning. It is on a box running UnixWare 7.1.4. HP tells me SCO is not supported for the utilities they use to upgrade the firmware. Has anyone run into this issue, or been able to upgrade firmware with UnixWare. Ron Kirschner wrote: > > I have an Ultrium drive that appears to need a firmware upgrade to solve a > problem re cleaning light on when drive does not need cleaning. It is on a > box running UnixWare 7.1.4. > > HP tells me SC...

Sco Unixware 7.1.3 hangs in installation during loading of IDE
Hello, i'm mostly a linux person, so I have some experience in unix. I don't even know where to start with unixware though. I boot, anwser a couple questions in the installer, and when it comes to detecting and loading the drivers, it hangs as 90% when loading "IDE". I press crtl-alt-esc and it looks like it detected everything, it just seems to hang. How can i fix this? I have a Maxtor 120 gig hd, and also some sata hd which i don't use. i don't know if thats the problem. ...

Re: Puzzle: Converting 1-10 to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 #7
Hey Toby - What no regex? No hash? How about a proc format wrapped in a call execute? Data _Null_; Length NewString $ 200 ; String = '1-10,21,22,30-35,40,41' ; call execute ( "proc format; value numstr " || String || " ='Nums'; run ;"); Do _K = input(Scan( String , 1 , ',-' ),best12.) To input(Scan( String , -1 , ',-'),best12.); if put(_K,numstr.)='Nums' then NewString = CatX( ',' , NewString , _K ) ; End; Put NewString= ; run; Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Toby Dunn Sent: Friday, October 03, 2008 1:55 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Puzzle: Converting 1-10 to 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 Data _Null_ ; Length NewString $ 200 ; String = '1-10,21,22,30-35,40,41' ; Do I = 1 To ( 1 + CountC( String , ',' ) ) ; TempA = Scan( String , I , ',' ) ; If Find( TempA , '-' ) Then Do ; Start = Input( Scan( TempA , 1 , '-' ) , Best12. ) ; Stop = Input( Scan( TempA , 2 , '-' ) , Best12. ) ; Do K = Start To Stop ; NewString = CatX( ',' , NewString , K ) ; End ; End ; Else Do ; NewString = CatX( ',' , NewString , TempA ) ; End ; End ; Put NewString= ; Run ; On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 16:27:44 -0400, Paul Walker <walker.627@OSU.EDU> wrot...

Runtime 7.1 and Runtime 7.1.1
Hi,all &nbsp; I wrote VI sequencer that can run different VI's. I was built this sequencer to exe in LabVIEW&nbsp;7.1.1 and it work as executable and run VI's in run-time engine 7.1.1 Now i have some VI that was wrote in LabVIEW 7.1 and executable can't run it, because VI opened with error: &nbsp; "VI has an error of type A340. Full development version of LabVIEW is required for fix the errors" &nbsp; But when i open this VI in LabVIEW 7.1.1 it hasn't errors and only it opened as changed VI (with star) because there is different LV version. &nbsp;...

Oracle Update 8.1.7.0.0 -> 8.1.7.4.1
I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLISH (French Keyboard) to 8.1.7.4.1 Everything looks fine, the services were started - but in the Event Log I have a lot of errors of oradim.exe (.. can't read memory ..) and also when startin tools like sqlwplus.exe i get the same error. Any suggestions??? Please help me! Regards, Stephan buckenmaier@tka-presta.thyssenkrupp.com (Stephan@TKA-Presta) wrote in message news:<ba9d45ff.0401282332.127ac2f0@posting.google.com>... > I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLISH (French > Keyboard) to 8.1.7.4.1 > Everything looks fine, the services were started - but in the Event > Log I have a lot of errors of oradim.exe (.. can't read memory ..) and > also when startin tools like sqlwplus.exe i get the same error. > > Any suggestions??? > Please help me! > > Regards, > Stephan No suggestions by anyone I am afraid, as your post provides nothing to work on apart form vague clues like 'lot of errors of oradim.exe' We need *exact* errors, not *paraphrased* ones. We didn't look over your shoulder when it happened, did we? Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA sybrandb@yahoo.com wrote in message news:<a1d154f4.0401290213.913f792@posting.google.com>... > buckenmaier@tka-presta.thyssenkrupp.com (Stephan@TKA-Presta) wrote in message news:<ba9d45ff.0401282332.127ac2f0@posting.google.com>... > > I had to Update ORACLE 8.1.7.0.0 on a W2K Server ENGLI...

Patching Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1
Hello, my configuration is Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 Many thanks for your attention -- Sitta many thanks!!!! Have a nice work "Rauf Sarwar" <rs_arwar@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1106137485.286119.307110@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > Sitta Davide wrote: >> Hello, >> my configuration is >> >> Windows 2K Server SP4 and Oracle 8.1.7.0.0. >> >> Where can i find a patch to upgrade to Oracle 8.1.7.4.1 >> >> >> Many thanks for your attention >> >> -- >> >> Sitta > > http://metalink.oracle.com > > Regards > /Rauf > ...

Looking for GCC 3.3.2 on Unixware 7.1.1
I need to install GCC 3.3.3 on our Unixware 7.1.1 server and the quickest way would be to install a package. I have had google, but not found anything. I have downloaded the source, but need to upgrade my binutils first - all being time consuming. Does anyone know where I could get such a package? Even a package for a recent version of binutils would be appreciated as compiling 2.14 is proving "interesting" at the moment. Any help appreciated. JR Julian Regel <news@NOSPAMwhite-tower.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.09.18.14.46.03.568974@NOSPAMwhit...

SCO Unixware 7.1.4 .. Setting up incoming access thru internet
I have never done this on a unixware box so can anyone help get me started? I have an account that has finally decided to allow me to setup access to their Unixware box thru the internet. They currently have a broadband connection that pc's are using. They have a Unixware box that we want to connect to their router and then they want me to setup the system so that I and other software people that they work with can access the system thru the internet. I know that this information request is very general but can someone help get me started? Thanks Jay On 12 Apr, 13:51, "crayzeetrayn" <j...@jdconsulting-usa.com> wrote: > I have never done this on a unixware box so can anyone help get me > started? > > I have an account that has finally decided to allow me to setup access > to their Unixware box thru the internet. They currently have a > broadband connection that pc's are using. They have a Unixware box > that we want to connect to their router and then they want me to setup > the system so that I and other software people that they work with can > access the system thru the internet. > > I know that this information request is very general but can someone > help get me started? > > Thanks > Jay As a start see: http://uw714doc.sco.com/en/HW_network/CONTENTS.html for details on how to setup a LAN connection John On Apr 13, 11:51 am, jbol...@sco.com wrote: > On 12 Apr, 13:51, "crayzeetrayn&...

Web resources about - VPN SCO unixware 7.1.3 or 7.1.4 - comp.unix.sco.misc

UnixWare - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
UnixWare is typically deployed as a server rather than desktop . Binary distributions of UnixWare are available for x86 architecture computers. ...

UnixWare 7.1.3 Review
OSNews is Exploring the Future of Computing with news on desktop, server, mobile, and specialty operating systems and new computing technology. ...

Ask Slashdot: Finding Legacy UnixWare Installation Media?
... Unisys server in production that hosts a legacy system and are attempting to virtualize it. Unfortunately we don't have a generic UnixWare (2.1.2) ...

Univerzitní křesťanské hnutí - Unlap - Seitenverzeichnis - Facebook
Results from the Seiten directory for Univerzitní křesťanské hnutí - Unlap. Search Facebook for more Seiten with names like Univerzitní křesťanské ...

Open Directory - Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix
about dmoz - dmoz blog - suggest URL - update listing - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Operating_Systems/Unix Description ...

SCO official defends Linux sales after suit was filed
The SCO Group's product management director, Erik Hughes, says the company continued to sell its Linux products for over two months after suing ...

Cisco Technical Forums
Find ANY word Find ALL words Find EXACT phrase Help Aironet Power Supplies VoIP Gateways Cisco Repair Refurbished Cisco Cisco CPQRGs New ...

An IBM, Sequent deal would drive Monterey
Rumors of a possible merger with IBM drive Sequent's stock price up, but technology analysts aren't convinced a deal is sensible or imminent. ...

SCO puts disputed code in the spotlight
Technology launches take second place at SCO's confab to a defense of the legal battles against Linux, as the company displays the lines of code ...

Games on a Plane [ 2 ]
If you've flown on a major airline in the past few years, chances are you've seen your share of in-flight games. But who is behind all these, ...