Any way to access an outside UNIX shell from inside firewall?

Sorry if this is off-topic. I have some free UNIX shell accounts at
e.g. rootshell.be, cyberspace.org. But our company firewall only
allows outbound access through HTTP and FTP ports (maybe plus a few
others). I can't telnet or ssh to them.
http://m-net.arbornet.org/login/ offers a Web-based Java applet for
shell access. But that doesn't work either probably because the applet
simply does a telnet. Is there a way to access those UNIX shells?
Thanks.

Yong Huang
0
yong321

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 16:17:50 -0800, Yong Huang wrote:

> Sorry if this is off-topic. I have some free UNIX shell accounts at
> e.g. rootshell.be, cyberspace.org. But our company firewall only
> allows outbound access through HTTP and FTP ports (maybe plus a few
> others).

Ask yourself why? If they have (or think they have) a good reason and you
use som trick to circumvent it you may find yourself fired.

> I can't telnet or ssh to them.

Do you need to in your work? If so you should be able to get that firewall
opened up a little bit.

> Is there a way to access those UNIX shells?

Do you have access to an outside machine? Set it up to listen for
ssh on the ftp port. ssh into it, telnet or ssh or whatever out to your
real destination.

--
NPV

"the large print giveth, and the small print taketh away"
                                Tom Waits - Step right up

0
Nils