Copied a file using Webdrive to my unix system and now i can't access even after chmod??

I try to do a chmod +x filename  and I get a can't access filename

I do a chmod 711 filename, and seemingly it seems to go just fine...

What gives?

0
BookerT

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008, BookerT wrote:
> I try to do a chmod +x filename and I get a can't access
> filename

What do you mean by "access filename"?

chmod +x give you access to execute a file, assuming the file is
actually a program or a script.

chmod +r give you access to read the content of a file.

chmod +w give you access to write into a file.

--
                              (stephan paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo
On 2008-10-01, BookerT <chipw@mierbo.com> wrote:
> I try to do a chmod +x filename  and I get a can't access filename
>
> I do a chmod 711 filename, and seemingly it seems to go just fine...
>
> What gives?

What are the permissions of the directory?  What were the permissions of
filename before you did chmod +x?

0
Bill