I used to receive data in mail from users. I used to read those data
and load that into a ORACLE table. However I am not able to delete
those mails after reading and loading it.

Currently I delete them manually when the mail file grow very big

Is there a way we can delete these mails after we read it using shell
script ?

0
chittaranjan

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Importing mail from Unix mail file
I receive e-mail from a pop3 server. When I was having trouble with the server, I had to download one large mail file from the server (instead of getting the individual messages through pop3). Now, I would like to have the messages in that large mail file read by Eudora, so that they are treated as incoming mail (i.e., read individually, run through Spamnix, and run through my filters). Is this possible? Thanks, Gabriel "G.R. Toro" <toro@riskengXYZ.com> wrote: > I receive e-mail from a pop3 server. When I was having trouble with the > server, I ha...

Check Mail returns no mail when in fact there is mail
On my laptop which connects to an SBC DSL internet connection via a wireless network in our home, both Eudora 6.2 and 7.0 (I downloaded 7.0 in hopes it would fix this problem) checks for mail, retrieves none and tells me I have no new mail. In fact, there is mail which I can retrieve through a browser on the laptop or on our desktop computer. I have all account settings set identical to the Eudora program on our desktop computer (which connects directly to the DSL without utilizing the wireless connection). I can send mail from the laptop just fine using Eudora. I get no error...

problem to delete a mail in Mail
Hello i'm using Mail 1.2.5 i have a problem with a mail... when i select it, Mail is searching for something and it never stops... so i have to shut down Mail :( how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... thanks FabienM "FabienM" <FabienM@badadress.fr> writes: > how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? > that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... double-click on the bar which seperates the list of messages from the body ...

problem to delete a mail in Mail
Hello i'm using Mail 1.2.5 i have a problem with a mail... when i select it, Mail is searching for something and it never stops... so i have to shut down Mail :( how can i configure Mail so that it won't display the content of the mail ? that way i think i will be able to delete the mail... thanks FabienM ...

Deleted mail being queued and mailed
I'm using 5.1 and have just started having trouble after reading a message and hitting the trash can, the trashed message is queued for mailing and it's not being deleted. Paul Rumpty <snotzalot@delphiforums.com> wrote: > I'm using 5.1 and have just started having trouble after reading a message > and hitting the trash can, the trashed message is queued for mailing and > it's not being deleted. Are you saying that supposedly deleted received messages are being queued as outgoing messages instead of going to the trash? Or are you talking a...

Mail and mail directories
I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both directories seem to contain identical copies of all my folders. Is there a configuration option that will ensure that pine maintains only one such directory? Thanks Jay *** Jay Gopalakrishnan (nspmjayg@math.ufl.edu.nsp) wrote in comp.mail.pine...: :) I use pine to access my mail (via login to an IMAP server). Pine seems :) to create two directories <home>/Mail and <home>/mail, and both :) directories seem to contain identical cop...

/var/mail -vs- /var/spool/mail
Would be better to have: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Apr 19 12:18 /var/mail -> spool/mail drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 72 Apr 19 12:18 /var/spool/mail or: drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 72 Apr 19 12:18 /var/mail lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Apr 19 12:18 /var/spool/mail -> ../mail -- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- | Phil Howard KA9WGN | http://linuxhomepage.com/ http://ham.org/ | | (first name) at ipal.net | http://phil.ipal.org/ http://ka9wgn.ham.org/ | ------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Junk mail in Mail
With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to training mode to tell Mail what is junk? Because after training mode, I still get some junk mail & mark it as junk, & I'm wondering if Mail remembers that, as if it were in training mode. On 2007-05-29 13:28:36 -0400, One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> said: > With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail > remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to > training mode to tell Mail wha...

Mail.app deletes mail when deleting account
In Mail.app, in Preferences, in the Accounts panel, there is a list of accounts. I had a POP account there I no longer in use. I used the Remove button to delete the old account. But I didn't mean for it to delete all mail that had been recieved earlier into that email address. Yet that seems to be what happened. At least I can't find the mail anywhere in any of my mailboxes or in my_home/Library/Mail. There were a number of messages organized into various folders. Now they are gone. These mail messages were not sitting on a server, they were on my Mac. Is Mail supposed to do ...

mails in the mail queue
Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the queued mails will be delivered. Thanks for advices! Bridge wrote: > Is there a way to generate some mails in the mail queue(without > delivering them)? I want to see when starting sendmail daemon, the > queued mails will be delivered. sendmail -odq your@address < some.mail See man sendmail and doc/op/op.* about DeliveryMode. -- A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting. Q: Why do I not get an answer to my question(s)? A: Because ...

Mail erases mail?
Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from that account promptly disappeared! Is there any way to get it back? -- John Rethorst jrethorst at post dot com In article <noone-B571F2.18450825092004@comcast.dca.giganews.com>, John Rethorst <noone@nowhere.net> wrote: > Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs > > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from > that account promptly disap...

Web resources about - How do I delete mail from mail file /var/mail/su after reading mails - comp.unix.shell

The Oracle, Reading - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
51°27′12″N 0°58′21″W  /  51.45328°N 0.97239°W  / 51.45328; -0.97239 Coordinates : 51°27′12″N 0°58′21″W  /  51.45328°N 0.97239°W  / 51.45328; ...

Newsela helps students improve their literacy by reading the news
According to the National Assessment of Educational Progress, nearly two thirds of students in the U.S. are not reading at their grade level. ...

Dallas Fed Region Activity Plunges to Lowest Reading Since 2009; Production Collapsed
... that things got worse at a decreasing rate. Dallas Region Collapse The Dallas Fed General Activity Index plunged to -34.6 from a revised reading ...

Weekend Reading: Robert Skidelsky: The Optimism Error
**Robert Skidelsky**: [The Optimism Error](http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/economy/2016/01/optimism-error): "When a slump threatened... ...

Your printer went on a shopping spree while you were reading this
The first devices using Amazon's Dash Replenishment program can now begin reordering their own supplies.

5 steps to easy reading on your iPhone
Stop squinting your way through articles and emails.

Recommended Reading: The brilliance of David Bowie
'Heroes,' Heavenly Bodies and David Bowie's Untouchable Brilliance Bomani Jones, Playboy I've followed the work of ESPN's Bomani Jones long enough ...

Food: Reading About It Is What's Instead Of Dinner
You will have to pry the word "stock" from my cold, dead hands. Eating food is a critical part of every man's self-care routine , but did you ...

Here Are Five Articles About Mexico's Drug War That Are Actually Worth Reading
Sean Penn has admitted that his article for Rollingstone fell short of his expectations. “Let me be clear: my article has failed,” he allowed. ...

Univision Buys Controlling Stake in the Only News Outlet Worth Reading, The Onion
According to NPR, Univision just acquired a controlling stake in The Onion , the parent site of the only worthwhile website on the entire internet. ...