How to send multiple files from unix to lotus notes

Hi
I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
create junk character for second file embedded in body,

Please help.

uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt > gaurav1.txt;uuencode
get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt > get_env_parm.txt2.txt;cat
get_env_parm.txt2.txt gaurav1.txt | mailx abc@xyz.org

Thanks
Gaurav ( Guru )

0
Guru

Guru wrote:
> Hi
> I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
> notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
> create junk character for second file embedded in body,
>
> Please help.

[reformatted code for clarity]
> uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt > gaurav1.txt
> uuencode get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt > get_env_parm.txt2.txt
> cat get_env_parm.txt2.txt gaurav1.txt | mailx abc@xyz.org

There seems to be some extra information necessary to separate the
attachments.

If I send attachments my mail client creates some additional header
information and separated attachments, each with its own header data.

---<snip>---

[...mail header...]
To: [mail address]
Subject: two attachments

--------------060708080201020404090309

--------------060708080201020404090309
  filename="NAME 1"

[here is attachment 1]

--------------060708080201020404090309
  filename="NAME 2"

[here is attachment 2]

--------------060708080201020404090309

---<snip>---

Janis

> Thanks
> Gaurav ( Guru )

0
Janis
9/7/2007 9:31:40 AM
> Hi
> I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
> notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
> create junk character for second file embedded in body,

Try using "mutt" (www.mutt.org).

Regards,
   =Adrian=

0
Adrian
9/7/2007 11:41:28 AM
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:52:21 -0700, Guru
  <guru1309@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
> notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
> create junk character for second file embedded in body,
>
> Please help.
>
> uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt > gaurav1.txt;uuencode
> get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt > get_env_parm.txt2.txt;cat
> get_env_parm.txt2.txt gaurav1.txt | mailx abc@xyz.org
>
> Thanks
> Gaurav ( Guru )

Perhaps if you add a blank line between the uuencoded files.
{ uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt
  echo
  uuencode get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt; } | mailx abc@xyz.org
Or use whatever MIME tools are available, like mutt or mpack.
Do you really need to encode a plain text file?  (maybe you do, if it
contains non-ASCII characters or lines longer than 80 characters).

--
Imitation is the sincerest form of television.
		-- Fred Allen
On 9 8 ,   8 05 , Bill Marcum <marcumb...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:52:21 -0700, Guru
>

>   <guru1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
> > notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
> > create junk character for second file embedded in body,
>
> > Please help.
>
> > uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt > gaurav1.txt;uuencode
> > get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt > get_env_parm.txt2.txt;cat
> > get_env_parm.txt2.txt gaurav1.txt | mailx a...@xyz.org
>
> > Thanks
> > Gaurav ( Guru )
>
> Perhaps if you add a blank line between the uuencoded files.
> { uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt
>   echo
>   uuencode get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt; } | mailx a...@xyz.org
> Or use whatever MIME tools are available, like mutt or mpack.
> Do you really need to encode a plain text file?  (maybe you do, if it
> contains non-ASCII characters or lines longer than 80 characters).
>
> --
> Imitation is the sincerest form of television.
>                 -- Fred Allen-         -
>
> -         -

Try using Mime-Version: 1.0; Content-type: multipart/mixed;
boundary="frontier"

#cat body_gen.html
From:  moon_ils-se@yahoo.com.hk,
To:   moon_ils-se@yahoo.com.hk,
cc: moon_ils-se@yahoo.com.hk,
bcc: moon_ils-se@yahoo.com.hk,
Subject: A simple html test

cat body_gen.html > send.tmp
echo "\n\n" >>  send.tmp
uuencode top.txt file.txt >> send.tmp
uuencode top.txt file2.txt >> send.tmp
cat send.tmp  | sendmail $ME <- Your Address

0
moonhk
9/11/2007 8:04:24 AM
On Sep 11, 5:04 am, moonhk <moon_ils...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:
> On 9 8 ,   8 05 , Bill Marcum <marcumb...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:52:21 -0700, Guru
>
> >   <guru1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi
> > > I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
> > > notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
> > > create junk character for second file embedded in body,
>
> > > Please help.
>
> > > uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt > gaurav1.txt;uuencode
> > > get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt > get_env_parm.txt2.txt;cat
> > > get_env_parm.txt2.txt gaurav1.txt | mailx a...@xyz.org
>
> > > Thanks
> > > Gaurav ( Guru )
>
> > Perhaps if you add a blank line between the uuencoded files.
> > { uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt
> >   echo
> >   uuencode get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt; } | mailx a...@xyz.org
> > Or use whatever MIME tools are available, like mutt or mpack.
> > Do you really need to encode a plain text file?  (maybe you do, if it
> > contains non-ASCII characters or lines longer than 80 characters).
>
> > --
> > Imitation is the sincerest form of television.
> >                 -- Fred Allen-         -
>
> > -         -
>
> Try using Mime-Version: 1.0; Content-type: multipart/mixed;
> boundary="frontier"
>
> #cat body_gen.html
> From:  moon_ils...@yahoo.com.hk,
> To:   moon_ils...@yahoo.com.hk,
> cc: moon_ils...@yahoo.com.hk,
> bcc: moon_ils...@yahoo.com.hk,
> Subject: A simple html test
>
> cat body_gen.html > send.tmp
> echo "\n\n" >>  send.tmp
> uuencode top.txt file.txt >> send.tmp
> uuencode top.txt file2.txt >> send.tmp
> cat send.tmp  | sendmail $ME <- Your Address

I have the same problem.
Has anybody successfully sent an e-mail with more than one attachment
using uuencode?
Notes can just recognize the first attachment. GMail is even worst, it
doesn't recognize any attachment.
[]'s Paulo Silvestre Schmitt.

0
wpghost
9/21/2007 12:53:38 AM
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 00:53:38 -0000, wpghost@gmail.com
  <wpghost@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the same problem.
> Has anybody successfully sent an e-mail with more than one attachment
> using uuencode?
> Notes can just recognize the first attachment. GMail is even worst, it
> doesn't recognize any attachment.
> []'s Paulo Silvestre Schmitt.

Use MIME, send each file in a separate email, or tar or zip the files.

--
I have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it.
		-- Edgar Allan Poe