How to send multiple files from unix to lotus notes

Hi
I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
create junk character for second file embedded in body,

Please help.

uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt > gaurav1.txt;uuencode
get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt > get_env_parm.txt2.txt;cat
get_env_parm.txt2.txt gaurav1.txt | mailx abc@xyz.org

Thanks
Gaurav ( Guru )

0
Guru

Guru wrote:
> Hi
> I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
> notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
> create junk character for second file embedded in body,
>
> Please help.

[reformatted code for clarity]
> uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt > gaurav1.txt
> uuencode get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt > get_env_parm.txt2.txt
> cat get_env_parm.txt2.txt gaurav1.txt | mailx abc@xyz.org

There seems to be some extra information necessary to separate the
attachments.

If I send attachments my mail client creates some additional header
information and separated attachments, each with its own header data.

---<snip>---

[...mail header...]
To: [mail address]
Subject: two attachments

--------------060708080201020404090309

--------------060708080201020404090309
  filename="NAME 1"

[here is attachment 1]

--------------060708080201020404090309
  filename="NAME 2"

[here is attachment 2]

--------------060708080201020404090309

---<snip>---

Janis

> Thanks
> Gaurav ( Guru )

0
Janis
9/7/2007 9:31:40 AM
> Hi
> I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
> notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
> create junk character for second file embedded in body,

Try using "mutt" (www.mutt.org).

Regards,
   =Adrian=

0
Adrian
9/7/2007 11:41:28 AM
On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:52:21 -0700, Guru
  <guru1309@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
> notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
> create junk character for second file embedded in body,
>
> Please help.
>
> uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt > gaurav1.txt;uuencode
> get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt > get_env_parm.txt2.txt;cat
> get_env_parm.txt2.txt gaurav1.txt | mailx abc@xyz.org
>
> Thanks
> Gaurav ( Guru )

Perhaps if you add a blank line between the uuencoded files.
{ uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt
  echo
  uuencode get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt; } | mailx abc@xyz.org
Or use whatever MIME tools are available, like mutt or mpack.
Do you really need to encode a plain text file?  (maybe you do, if it
contains non-ASCII characters or lines longer than 80 characters).

--
Imitation is the sincerest form of television.
		-- Fred Allen
On 9 8 ,   8 05 , Bill Marcum <marcumb...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:52:21 -0700, Guru
>

>   <guru1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
> > notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
> > create junk character for second file embedded in body,
>
> > Please help.
>
> > uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt > gaurav1.txt;uuencode
> > get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt > get_env_parm.txt2.txt;cat
> > get_env_parm.txt2.txt gaurav1.txt | mailx a...@xyz.org
>
> > Thanks
> > Gaurav ( Guru )
>
> Perhaps if you add a blank line between the uuencoded files.
> { uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt
>   echo
>   uuencode get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt; } | mailx a...@xyz.org
> Or use whatever MIME tools are available, like mutt or mpack.
> Do you really need to encode a plain text file?  (maybe you do, if it
> contains non-ASCII characters or lines longer than 80 characters).
>
> --
> Imitation is the sincerest form of television.
>                 -- Fred Allen-         -
>
> -         -

Try using Mime-Version: 1.0; Content-type: multipart/mixed;
boundary="frontier"

#cat body_gen.html
From:  moon_ils-se@yahoo.com.hk,
To:   moon_ils-se@yahoo.com.hk,
cc: moon_ils-se@yahoo.com.hk,
bcc: moon_ils-se@yahoo.com.hk,
Subject: A simple html test

cat body_gen.html > send.tmp
echo "\n\n" >>  send.tmp
uuencode top.txt file.txt >> send.tmp
uuencode top.txt file2.txt >> send.tmp
cat send.tmp  | sendmail $ME <- Your Address

0
moonhk
9/11/2007 8:04:24 AM
On Sep 11, 5:04 am, moonhk <moon_ils...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:
> On 9 8 ,   8 05 , Bill Marcum <marcumb...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:52:21 -0700, Guru
>
> >   <guru1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi
> > > I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
> > > notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
> > > create junk character for second file embedded in body,
>
> > > Please help.
>
> > > uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt > gaurav1.txt;uuencode
> > > get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt > get_env_parm.txt2.txt;cat
> > > get_env_parm.txt2.txt gaurav1.txt | mailx a...@xyz.org
>
> > > Thanks
> > > Gaurav ( Guru )
>
> > Perhaps if you add a blank line between the uuencoded files.
> > { uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt
> >   echo
> >   uuencode get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt; } | mailx a...@xyz.org
> > Or use whatever MIME tools are available, like mutt or mpack.
> > Do you really need to encode a plain text file?  (maybe you do, if it
> > contains non-ASCII characters or lines longer than 80 characters).
>
> > --
> > Imitation is the sincerest form of television.
> >                 -- Fred Allen-         -
>
> > -         -
>
> Try using Mime-Version: 1.0; Content-type: multipart/mixed;
> boundary="frontier"
>
> #cat body_gen.html
> From:  moon_ils...@yahoo.com.hk,
> To:   moon_ils...@yahoo.com.hk,
> cc: moon_ils...@yahoo.com.hk,
> bcc: moon_ils...@yahoo.com.hk,
> Subject: A simple html test
>
> cat body_gen.html > send.tmp
> echo "\n\n" >>  send.tmp
> uuencode top.txt file.txt >> send.tmp
> uuencode top.txt file2.txt >> send.tmp
> cat send.tmp  | sendmail $ME <- Your Address

I have the same problem.
Has anybody successfully sent an e-mail with more than one attachment
using uuencode?
Notes can just recognize the first attachment. GMail is even worst, it
doesn't recognize any attachment.
[]'s Paulo Silvestre Schmitt.

0
wpghost
9/21/2007 12:53:38 AM
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 00:53:38 -0000, wpghost@gmail.com
  <wpghost@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the same problem.
> Has anybody successfully sent an e-mail with more than one attachment
> using uuencode?
> Notes can just recognize the first attachment. GMail is even worst, it
> doesn't recognize any attachment.
> []'s Paulo Silvestre Schmitt.

Use MIME, send each file in a separate email, or tar or zip the files.

--
I have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it.
		-- Edgar Allan Poe

How to search several directories for duplicate files?
I wish to search several directories for duplicate files. This could involve several thousands of files. I'm not sure how to best do this in Linux rather than Windows. I Googled and found a (very) little information on a program(?) called 'samefile', available as an rpm, and a script 'dupfiles'. I haven't tried 'samefile' as yet, but 'dupfiles' seems to work OK, at least on a small number of files. It works by first finding identical sized files and then running md5sum on those of the same filesize. I have no idea how 'samefile' works. Doe...

Send a SNMP Trap
hy, I'm using wengsoft snmp implementation to send a snmp trap. But the information sent by the trap isn't as I would expect. My code: static void sendTrap(String contextID, String contextName) throws java.io.IOException { // Create SNMP message object, it may contain one of the following // protocol data unit : GET, SET, TRAP, GET-NEXT. snmpMessage = new SnmpMessage(); // create a Set Protocol Data Unit. trapPdu = new SnmpGetSetPdu(); trapPdu.setMsgType(AsnObject.SNMPV2_TRAP); trapPdu.setReqId(1); snmpMessage.setPdu(trapPdu); snmpMessage.setSnmpVersion(3); ...

[JW] file position indicater after appending
Hi. Questions about a file opened with the mode string "ab+": #1 Suppose that there is only one stream associated with a file, that is, there is no other process to use the file and no other stream associated with the file in the same program. What's the value of the file position indicator after writing (appending) to a file opened with the mode "ab+"? Reading some relevant wordings like - the file position indicator is maintained by subsequent reads, writes, ... - all output takes place as if characters were written by successive calls to the...

Sending out a probe
TCP-IP question: From the manual: " TCP keep alive (TCPKEEPALV) - Help Specifies the amount of time, in minutes, that TCP waits before sending out a probe to the other side of a connection. The probe is sent when the connection is otherwise idle, even when there is no data to be sent. " Because we have frequent disconnects on the Telnet sessions we have had a sniffer running on one of the PC's on which we expected the probe to come in. But we have never seen some kind of bit coming in from the AS400. Do we do something wrong or should we open some po...

scipad treat sci file as sce file
Hi, While debugging the code I found that if you want to set breakpoints in a sci file define in multiple lines, scipad will think that file has file extension .sci. For example, function in=single(x, y, ... z) u=x; endfunction If you want to set a breakpoint at u=x, scipad will compain it does not support the feature for sce file. Thanks Frank <yixiaodafang@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 1136601637.194074.61430@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > While debugging the code I found that if you want to set breakpoi...

open a html file in a browser
Hi! I have a button and i want to open a html site(in a browser) if the user clicks on the button. How can i do that? Thx Szurilo -- View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/open-a-html-file-in-a-browser-tf4906179.html#a14050213 Sent from the wxWidgets - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com. --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org documented here http://biolpc22.york.ac.uk/wx/docs/html/wx/wx_miscel...

import a plexon file into MATLAB.mat
Please let me know any tools to import a plexon file into MATLAB.mat. How about sigTOOL? Thank you so much in advance. Best, Jongil Dear Jongil sigTOOL supports Plexon files via Neuroshare. If you do not want to use sigTOOL, you can simply use its ImportNS function: see menu_ImportPLX for details of how to call it. Alternatively, use the sigTOOL GUI to batch import your plexon files. Regards Malcolm Lidierth "Jongil Lim" <jongil_lim@hotmail.com> wrote in message <hplcgd$5a4$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Please let me know any tools to import a plexon file i...

send mail in FMP with Exchange Server ?
Hi, For the Send Mail script in FileMaker vers. 9.0 , it works perfectly if my syst�me is win XP with the Outlook Express installed. And when I put this DB in a winXP with an account of Exchange Server, the Send Mail script doesn't work ! Is this normal or do I have to do something ? Thanks for your help Hi Eric, in FM 7 the problem is that there must be the email program be mentioned in the options of Internet Explorer (in our case). So we are working with Lotus Notes and by default the corresponding email program is outlook express. So open e.g. Internet Explorer then Tools /...

rsh and core files
Hi, I trying to run a script remotely for automated testing from a machine running HPUX on one running Linux. I'm using remsh on the HPUX machine and I assume the rshd daemon is handling the request on the Linux machine. This script spawns processes on the Linux machine and sometimes those processes crash. However, I never see any core files. I know that the spawned processes are crashing because when I run the script locally on the Linux machine, I can see them crash and get core files. Is there something I can do to make sure those core files are produced on the Linux machine whe...

Problems with send /delete command
I have Kermit running on Linux Release 9 and have the following lines in my script (This first logs me onto a remote server running Linux 7.3 and has Kermit): set host /pty ssh -e none l root xxx.xxx.xx.xxx if fail stop 1 minput 30 "password:" ">" if < \v(minput) 1 stop 1 "MINPUT = \v(minput)" switch \v(minput) { :1, echo PASSWORD INPUT OK lineout xxxxxxxxxx input 30 "#" if fail stop 1 PROMPT INPUT FAILED :2, echo PROMPT INPUT OK lineout "kermit -x" input 20 "KERMIT READY TO SERVE..." rcd...

Send mail
I want to send an email with attachment using mpack.(UNIX/LINUX/AIX). Is there a startup param like "mailx -r" where you can change the senders address? ...

Problem with Arcview 8.2 and tif files
When I open a project containing a tiff file it is not visible, I get a problem when checking the data source, which says 'data source not found', btw the visible box is ticked and so is tiff under the raster tab in the options menu. So I decided to remove the layer and try and add it manually but this time it says 'Invalid raster dataset. Failed to create raster layer' I have successfully added it to Illustrator using Mapublisher and it georeferences fine, so my question is, is there some setting I am missing or has something corrupted. It worked fine before wh...

Reading text file with wierd file extension?
Hi Folks, Python newbie here. I'm trying to open (for reading) a text file with the following filenaming convension: "MyTextFile.slc.rsc" My code is as follows: Filepath = "C:\\MyTextFile.slc.rsc" FileH = open(Filepath) The above throws an IOError exception. On a hunch I changed the filename (only the filename) and tried again: Filepath = "C:\\MyTextFile.txt" FileH = open(Filepath) The above works well. I am able to open the file and read it's contents. I assume to read a file in text file "mode" the parameter is scanned for a ".txt&q...

Re: File match to field #2
The Fed column in the RETURN dataset acts as what I called a 'pointer' since it indeed points to a file name. Any solution that relies on specific names of files will fall apart when changes occur in platforms, directories, etc.=20 =20 Assuming that you really do mean Fed1, Fed2, ... physical files instead of SAS datasets, are you looking for a way to convert the files to SAS datasets and then to join them to RETURN on key AAA? I'd recommend piping the files thru a Data step view into a SQL view that you can join to RETURN on AAA. SAS SQL should create a hash index of AAA in RETURN...

Sony Clie Voice Recorder File Format
I was wondering if anyone could help me with playing the Sony Clie Voice Recorder files on my PC. The files play just fine on my handheld, and use MS Import/Export to transfer them to my PC. They have a .WAV extension, but Windows Media Player can't read it. Does anyone know how to transfer the file to a standard WAV format? Thanks! ...

Help: pickle module unable to load "rb" mode files in linux
--047d7bd6ae800c18e304d961eb13 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Hi, hope you can help me on it.. with open(pickle_f, 'r') as fhand: obj = pickle.load(fhand) This works on linux but not in windows until I use "rb" mode while creating file object. Surprisingly, the "rb" mode is not working on Linux.. raising EOFError. Why is this happening? --047d7bd6ae800c18e304d961eb13 Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <div dir=3D"ltr">Hi, hope you can help me on it..<div>...

US-MI-Lansing: UNIX Systems Admin, 3+yrs exp. w/ AIX/Linux or Solaris SW and HW; (45306057618)
US-MI-Lansing: UNIX Systems Admin, 3+yrs exp. w/ AIX/Linux or Solaris SW and HW; (45306057618) ============================================================================================== Position: UNIX Systems Admin Reference: SMC01459 Location: Lansing MI Duration: C-P Skills: 3+yrs exp as a UNIX Systems Administrator with strong knowledge of AIX and Linux or Solaris operating system and hardware. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45306057618. ...

sending eMail Attachment
Hy, does anybody know a simple, easy to use package to send a binary file as an eMail attachemt over the local unix/linux sendmail service. I want to write a procedure like: proc sendFileViaEmail {to subject text fileList} { # build whats neccessey in file ..... write_file file $emailbody #send exec cat file | sendmail -t } tx TAB Tillmann Basien wrote: > Hy, > does anybody know a simple, easy to use package to send a binary file as an > eMail attachemt over the local unix/linux sendmail service. > I want to write a procedure like: > > proc sendFil...

Sending errors from psql to error file
Hello, I am trying to migrate a client from one database to another. Basically we designed a web application for them using Postgresql but we have made many changes to the design of our application since version 1. Now they want to upgrade. So basically I have to pg_dump their current data and then import it into our new schema. Now, of course I realize that there are going to be errors. But they have a lot and I mean a lot of data. I don't want to have to sit there and watch the import go by, I want to run a command and then look in a file for any errors after the import i...

directory/file copy over ftp
This is my first time working with the ftplib from Python. I am trying to copy files from the directory. Do you know how? ...

capturing multiple points within multiple polygons
Hi, I'm no expert with ArcView. I am trying to capture point data that lies within specific polygons. The problem is, I have around 300 000 points and around 100 000 polygons. Ideally I guess I am looking for a sort of discrete join... where, after they are identified by the capture, the points will eventually refer to the polygon in which they lie... Is this possible? Any help would be great! On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:58:02 -0800, Travis Kennedy <travisjohnkennedy@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm no expert with ArcView. I am trying to capture poin...

Problem sending faxes through VoIP
Hello every one! I have a problem sending faxes through VoIP This is what we have: PBX with VoIP Card --- Cisco --- E1 --- (Internet VPN) --- T1--- Cisco --- PBX The cisco router has activate the QoS, to priority the communication saving 512 kbps of bandwidth, for the matching VoIP ports. The voice and faxes work fine, but when the bandwidth is over use, the voice is not affected but the faxes can not communicate even when the QoS is saving bandwidth for them. I been trying with traffic-shape, fax passthrough , fax relay and other options, but no one fix the problem. I figure out that t...

How to parse the jdbc driver name from the jdbc .jar file
Hi, Is there any safe method which can get the right jdbc driver class name out? I used to use "driver.class", but there maybe many XXXDriver.class in a single jar file. -Bruce What database are you trying to access using Java? SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, ??? In fact, I am trying to implement a general purpose wrapper for various databases. The design is to put the a jdbc driver into a folder named "drivers", and my program would register the jdbc driver class right and provide user a list of current jdbc driver names. You can scan jar-file and find all classes which ...

file writable ...
Hello, we use the command "file writable" to test if a directory is writable, so that we are sure, that it is possible to create a set of files. In past times we had no troubles with this procedure. Now one tester installed WinZip 9 had suddenly there are troubles, perhabs not caused by tcl. Our ZIP-Archives are mostly built by WinZip 8. If such an archive is unzipped by WinZip 8, than "file writable" returns on one of the new directories that it is writable (1). And we are able to create new directories, new files, etc. inside this tested directory. If such an archive ...

US-TX-Austin: Configuration Eng., C/C++,windows,unix,clear case,GUI, command lin (45351157606)
US-TX-Austin: Configuration Eng., C/C++,windows,unix,clear case,GUI, command lin (45351157606) ============================================================================================== Position: Configuration Eng. Reference: ZYD00010 Location: Austin TX Duration: Skills: Design and develop advanced SCM system using Rational ClearCase UCM/Windows. Migrate the current (UCM) project repository to a new repository.Work with IT, the ClearCase server �owners�, to ensure our SCM needs are met. Customize Clea...