How to send multiple files from unix to lotus notes

  • Permalink
  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow


Hi
I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
create junk character for second file embedded in body,

Please help.

uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt > gaurav1.txt;uuencode
get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt > get_env_parm.txt2.txt;cat
get_env_parm.txt2.txt gaurav1.txt | mailx abc@xyz.org

Thanks
Gaurav ( Guru )

0
Reply Guru 9/7/2007 4:52:21 AM

See related articles to this posting

Guru wrote:
> Hi
> I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
> notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
> create junk character for second file embedded in body,
> 
> Please help.

[reformatted code for clarity]
> uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt > gaurav1.txt
> uuencode get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt > get_env_parm.txt2.txt
> cat get_env_parm.txt2.txt gaurav1.txt | mailx abc@xyz.org

There seems to be some extra information necessary to separate the
attachments.

If I send attachments my mail client creates some additional header
information and separated attachments, each with its own header data.


---<snip>---

[...mail header...]
MIME-Version: 1.0
To: [mail address]
Subject: two attachments
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
  boundary="------------060708080201020404090309"
X-Provags-ID: [...]==
Envelope-To: [mail address]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------060708080201020404090309
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit


--------------060708080201020404090309
Content-Type: text/plain;
  name="NAME 1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline;
  filename="NAME 1"

[here is attachment 1]

--------------060708080201020404090309
Content-Type: text/plain;
  name="NAME 2"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline;
  filename="NAME 2"

[here is attachment 2]

--------------060708080201020404090309

---<snip>---



Janis

> 
> Thanks
> Gaurav ( Guru )
> 
0
Reply Janis 9/7/2007 9:31:40 AM

> Hi
> I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
> notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
> create junk character for second file embedded in body,
>

Try using "mutt" (www.mutt.org).

Regards,
   =Adrian=

0
Reply Adrian 9/7/2007 11:41:28 AM

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:52:21 -0700, Guru 
  <guru1309@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> Hi
> I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
> notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
> create junk character for second file embedded in body,
>
> Please help.
>
> uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt > gaurav1.txt;uuencode
> get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt > get_env_parm.txt2.txt;cat
> get_env_parm.txt2.txt gaurav1.txt | mailx abc@xyz.org
>
> Thanks
> Gaurav ( Guru )
>
Perhaps if you add a blank line between the uuencoded files.
{ uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt
  echo
  uuencode get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt; } | mailx abc@xyz.org
Or use whatever MIME tools are available, like mutt or mpack.
Do you really need to encode a plain text file?  (maybe you do, if it 
contains non-ASCII characters or lines longer than 80 characters).


-- 
Imitation is the sincerest form of television.
		-- Fred Allen
0
Reply Bill 9/8/2007 12:05:03 AM

On 9 8 ,   8 05 , Bill Marcum <marcumb...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:52:21 -0700, Guru
>
>
>
>   <guru1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
> > notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
> > create junk character for second file embedded in body,
>
> > Please help.
>
> > uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt > gaurav1.txt;uuencode
> > get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt > get_env_parm.txt2.txt;cat
> > get_env_parm.txt2.txt gaurav1.txt | mailx a...@xyz.org
>
> > Thanks
> > Gaurav ( Guru )
>
> Perhaps if you add a blank line between the uuencoded files.
> { uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt
>   echo
>   uuencode get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt; } | mailx a...@xyz.org
> Or use whatever MIME tools are available, like mutt or mpack.
> Do you really need to encode a plain text file?  (maybe you do, if it
> contains non-ASCII characters or lines longer than 80 characters).
>
> --
> Imitation is the sincerest form of television.
>                 -- Fred Allen-         -
>
> -         -


Try using Mime-Version: 1.0; Content-type: multipart/mixed;
boundary="frontier"


#cat body_gen.html
From:  moon_ils-se@yahoo.com.hk,
To:   moon_ils-se@yahoo.com.hk,
cc: moon_ils-se@yahoo.com.hk,
bcc: moon_ils-se@yahoo.com.hk,
Subject: A simple html test
Mime-Version: 1.0;
Content-type: multipart/mixed; boundary="frontier"
--frontier
Content-Type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1";
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit;
<html>
<h2>An important link to look at!</h2>
Here's an <a>
href="http://www.codestore.net/store.nsf/unid/EPSD-587VVX">important
link</a>
</html>
--frontier
Content-Type: text/plan; charset="ISO-8859-1";
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit;


cat body_gen.html > send.tmp
echo "\n\n" >>  send.tmp
uuencode top.txt file.txt >> send.tmp
uuencode top.txt file2.txt >> send.tmp
cat send.tmp  | sendmail $ME <- Your Address

0
Reply moonhk 9/11/2007 8:04:24 AM

On Sep 11, 5:04 am, moonhk <moon_ils...@yahoo.com.hk> wrote:
> On 9 8 ,   8 05 , Bill Marcum <marcumb...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>
>
> > On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 21:52:21 -0700, Guru
>
> >   <guru1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Hi
> > > I want to send multiple files as attachment from unix HP to lotus
> > > notes, i am using following code, but it only sends one file and
> > > create junk character for second file embedded in body,
>
> > > Please help.
>
> > > uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt > gaurav1.txt;uuencode
> > > get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt > get_env_parm.txt2.txt;cat
> > > get_env_parm.txt2.txt gaurav1.txt | mailx a...@xyz.org
>
> > > Thanks
> > > Gaurav ( Guru )
>
> > Perhaps if you add a blank line between the uuencoded files.
> > { uuencode gaurav.txt gaurav1.txt
> >   echo
> >   uuencode get_env_parm.txt get_env_parm.txt1.txt; } | mailx a...@xyz.org
> > Or use whatever MIME tools are available, like mutt or mpack.
> > Do you really need to encode a plain text file?  (maybe you do, if it
> > contains non-ASCII characters or lines longer than 80 characters).
>
> > --
> > Imitation is the sincerest form of television.
> >                 -- Fred Allen-         -
>
> > -         -
>
> Try using Mime-Version: 1.0; Content-type: multipart/mixed;
> boundary="frontier"
>
> #cat body_gen.html
> From:  moon_ils...@yahoo.com.hk,
> To:   moon_ils...@yahoo.com.hk,
> cc: moon_ils...@yahoo.com.hk,
> bcc: moon_ils...@yahoo.com.hk,
> Subject: A simple html test
> Mime-Version: 1.0;
> Content-type: multipart/mixed; boundary="frontier"
> --frontier
> Content-Type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1";
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit;
> <html>
> <h2>An important link to look at!</h2>
> Here's an <a>
> href="http://www.codestore.net/store.nsf/unid/EPSD-587VVX">important
> link</a>
> </html>
> --frontier
> Content-Type: text/plan; charset="ISO-8859-1";
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit;
>
> cat body_gen.html > send.tmp
> echo "\n\n" >>  send.tmp
> uuencode top.txt file.txt >> send.tmp
> uuencode top.txt file2.txt >> send.tmp
> cat send.tmp  | sendmail $ME <- Your Address

I have the same problem.
Has anybody successfully sent an e-mail with more than one attachment
using uuencode?
Notes can just recognize the first attachment. GMail is even worst, it
doesn't recognize any attachment.
[]'s Paulo Silvestre Schmitt.

0
Reply wpghost 9/21/2007 12:53:38 AM

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 00:53:38 -0000, wpghost@gmail.com 
  <wpghost@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
> I have the same problem.
> Has anybody successfully sent an e-mail with more than one attachment
> using uuencode?
> Notes can just recognize the first attachment. GMail is even worst, it
> doesn't recognize any attachment.
> []'s Paulo Silvestre Schmitt.
>
Use MIME, send each file in a separate email, or tar or zip the files.


-- 
I have great faith in fools -- self confidence my friends call it.
		-- Edgar Allan Poe
0
Reply Bill 9/22/2007 12:04:54 AM
comp.unix.shell 14979 articles. 25 followers. Post

6 Replies
299 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 42

  • Permalink
  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow


Reply:

Similar Artilces:

sending files through lotus notes
Hi, I have this strange problem: In an access application I created I send reports to co-workers through E-mail I use the sendobject command and send the report as a HTML file (acformatHTML) In outlook everything works great. Files are send and recieved as an attachment. Clicking on the attachment opens a new screen with the report displayed as it was intend to be. In outlook however, the report is displayed in the "body" of the message and not as an attachment. The layout is very cluttery and hardly readable. I don't know nothing about Lotus Notes... is there a ...

sending files through lotus notes
Hi, I have this strange problem: In an access application I created I send reports to co-workers through E-mail I use the sendobject command and send the report as a HTML file (acformatHTML) In outlook everything works great. Files are send and recieved as an attachment. Clicking on the attachment opens a new screen with the report displayed as it was intend to be. In outlook however, the report is displayed in the "body" of the message and not as an attachment. The layout is very cluttery and hardly readable. I don't know nothing about Lotus Notes... is there a ...

Sending E-Mail to Multiple Receipents Using Lotus Notes
I'm trying to send e-mail to multiple recipents using Enterprise Guide where the e-mail system is Lotus Notes. When sending to one receipent, it works fine. But multiple receipents does not work. Lotus notes evidently puts the email in this type of bracket: <> So the statement: To=Receipent1.sas is put into the Lotus Notes format: <Receipent1.sas> If I try the following: To=Receipent1.sas,Receipent2.sas,Receipent3.sas Evidently, Lotus Notes puts it in this format: <Receipent1.sas,Receipent2.sas,Receipent3.sas> Has anyone been able to send out e-mail using Lotus No...

sending mail to multiple receivers using Lotus Notes R5
Hi, I'm using following code to send an email using ActiveX to control Lotus Notes R5 : DEFINE VAR msgRecip AS CHAR NO-UNDO INIT "receiver@test.com. DEFINE VAR msgReply AS CHAR NO-UNDO. DEFINE VAR msgCopy AS CHAR NO-UNDO. DEFINE VAR msgbCopy AS CHAR NO-UNDO. DEFINE VAR msgTitle AS CHAR NO-UNDO INIT "TITLE". DEFINE VAR msgBody AS CHAR NO-UNDO. DEFINE VAR msgAttach AS CHAR NO-UNDO. DEFINE VARIABLE EMBED_ATTACHMENT AS INT INIT 1454. DEFINE VARIABLE notesSession AS COM-HANDLE NO-UNDO. DEFINE VARIABLE notesDB AS COM-HANDLE NO-UNDO. DEFINE VARIABLE notesDoc...

Re: Sending E-Mail to Multiple Receipents Using Lotus Notes
Dear SAS-L-ers, Michael F. Murphy posted the following: > > I'm trying to send e-mail to multiple recipents using > Enterprise Guide where the e-mail system is Lotus Notes. > > When sending to one receipent, it works fine. > > But multiple receipents does not work. > > Lotus notes evidently puts the email in this type of bracket: <> > > So the statement: > To=Receipent1.sas > > is put into the Lotus Notes format: > <Receipent1.sas> > > If I try the following: > To=Receipent1.sas,Receipent2.sas,Receipent3.sas > > Evid...

Re: Sending E-Mail to Multiple Receipents Using Lotus Notes #2
Michael I use the following code format filename mymail email to =('name@dom.com' 'name@verizon.net' ) subject = "&Subject" ; Nat Wooding Environmental Specialist III Dominion, Environmental Biology 4111 Castlewood Rd Richmond, VA 23234 Phone:804-271-5313, Fax: 804-271-2977 Bachenot2 <Michael.F.Murphy @SCE.COM> To Sent by: "SAS(r) SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Discussion" ...

notes.ini file in Lotus Notes R5.5
Using Lotus Notes R5.5 (french version), can anyone tell me where to find a list of the possible settings of the Notes.ini file ? http://www.drcc.com/A55711/ref/notesini.nsf ...

[Send to:] How to make Lotus Notes part of right click -> Send to:
Hi I'm new in this group (as I have never worked with Notes before). But my question is: How do I make Lotus Notes one of the options, when you right-click a file on your desktop and choose "Send to:" (or Transfer to) - as the defalut topics: Desktop (as shortcut), Mail recipient, 3�" diskette etc.? Is it possible? What is the "New memo"-program called in Notes, because then I think the solution is clear. I know where to put the fanction - but not what the program is called... Thanks! /kim ...

Sending Multiple Files with storescu
In regards to Offis dcmtk's storescu: How do you send multiple files with storescu? Is there a maximum number of files that you can send? > How do you send multiple files with storescu? The storescu command line may contain multiple filenames: storescu [options] [peer] [port] [filename1] [filename2] ... > Is there a maximum number of files that you can send? The only limit is the operating system's restriction of the command line length, unless you use command files, in which case the limit is essentially the system's main memory. And here's the usual...