pipeline and telnet

Hi all
I have a question
when I use
cat| telnet ip
I got error:
cat: -: Resource temporarily unavailable

but cat|cat|telnet ip
or
cat|telnet ip|cat
can work fine

I  do not want to know how to reslove this problem
I just want to know what cause the command `cat|telnet' fail

thx

waker
0
reg

Similar artilces about - pipeline and telnet:

Where can I find any material about Athlon pipeline?
I need some material about Athlon pipeline. It is best the material includes the function of each pipeline stage and how to deal with the data and control hazards. If you have any information, please tell me. Your help will be appreciated!! xgong1@uic.edu (Leonmi) wrote in message news:<afda138f.0311021502.6f2d84a9@posting.google.com>... > I need some material about Athlon pipeline. It is best the material > includes the function of each pipeline stage and how to deal with the > data and control hazards. If you have any information, please tell me. > Your help will be apprec...

Can ping but cannot telnet ("no route to host")
Hi to all, I use Linux since 1998, but I'm relatively new to the management of the network configuration. I hope this is the right newsgroup for my question. I've installed a knoppix (that is, a debian (!)) on a PC with a public IP address, say xxx.yyy.zzz.70 (the server). From another PC on the same net (xxx.yyy.zzz.71) i can ping, telnet, ssh the server. Also, apache and samba seems to work fine. But if I try to connect from my home, I cannot connect via telnet (it says "no route to host") or ssh; also apache don't reply. Hovewer, I can ping the server and tracerout...

pipeline encoding
My locale is set to UTF-8. The command: python -c "print u'\u03A9'" gives me the desired result and doesn't produce any error. But when I want to redirect the output to a file I invoke: python -c "print u'\u03A9'" > file.txt I get an error: File "<string>", line 1, in <module> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u03a9' in position 0: ordinal not in range(128) How to cope with it? -tt. Tomasz Toczyski schrieb: > My locale is set to UTF-8. The command: > python -c "print ...

[News] Mozilla Firefox 4.0 in the Pipeline

cannot telnet to FR serial interface from outside
I am setting up a Cisco router 1840 with the external serial interface is a fractional T1 with frame-relay encapsulation ( which connects to an ISP ). All the internal PCs can access to the Internet fine. From my office ( outside of this router ), I can ping to the ip address of the external interface but I can not telnet or ssh into. There is no access-list. The configuration for the serial interface is as follows :( x1.y1.y1.t1 is the default gateway ) interface Serial0/0/0 ip address x.y.z.t 255.255.255.252 ip nat outside ip virtual-reassembly encapsulation frame-relay IETF service-mo...

pipelining data between pipeline functions
hello, database version is 10.2.0.3 i'm trying to use pipeline function for transferring and transforming data. some questions arise ... Type definitions might look like this: create type lwps_type as object (LWPS_ID NUMBER , ...) / create type lwps_type_set as table of lwps_type; / pipeline function might look like this: CREATE OR REPLACE function pfms_vgr_2nd(p_invals in sys_refcursor) return lwps_type_set pipelined is out_rec lwps_type:=lwps_type(null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null ,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null); --in_rec pfms_vgr...

telnet immediatelly timesout if run from cron
Hi all, I need to test timeout of a server which accepts telnet connections. The script in question is very simple: - set the time out value on the server - open a telnet connection, and wait for it to timeout - see how much time has passed, compare the values When I run this test, everything seems to work fine. The test needs to run on Solaris, HP-UX, and Linux. Things fall apart, when I run the same thing from a cron! The opened telnet immediately get closed with "Connection closed by foreign host." On top of that, this happens only on Linux and HP-UX and not on the Solaris ma...

CCF interface vs Telnet
MCP Users -- Our platform is MCP on a Unisys NX6830 soon to be converted to a Libra 690. We're currently running Powerbuilder applications using a CCF interface with a custom written Java method and socket connection to a direct window. We're also running Powerbuilder applications using a Telnet interface which signs on to a Unisys usercode that also connects to a direct window. Both applications are communicating with the exact same Cobol transaction processors running under different window names. It appears that the CCF connections are considerably slower than the Telnet connect...

Pipeline FFT implementation
Hello, I'm interesting in implementation of pipeline FFT with use of R2^2SDF element. Suppose that there is 256 - points FFT - we mus't create 3 sequences of twiddle factors W1(n), W2(n), W3(n). I can't figure out what's the sequence order of twiddle factors? thanks for any advice ...

How to Remove Object names from pipelined output?
I have an export routine the exports huge amounts of data with xml tags. I've used pipeline to reduce resource usage,but the object names are displayed in the output. I need to remove these object names. A sample of my output is below. SQL> select somePackage.fct from dual; EXTRACTTABLETABLE(EXTRACTTABLE(EXTRACTROW(1, '<record><timestamp>1119904208950</ timestamp><field1>field one</field1><field2>field2</field2> <field3>field3 <field3><field4>recordversion<field4><field5> field5</field5><field6>...

Pipeline stages of the Multiplier core (ISE Coregen)
Hello friends I can't understand how the Pipeline stages affect the multiplier core? I tested 1 stage and 4 stages. The result is given with 1 clock for 1 stage, and 4 clocks for 4 stages. When i decrease the clock frequency, no difference is happened. But as i increase the clock frequency for 4 stages,the result is given with 5 clocks! why? what is benefits of 4 stages in comparison to 1 stage? --------------------------------------- Posted through http://www.FPGARelated.com Generally, more pipeline stages means higher maximum operating clock stages. This is because of re...

Linux Telnet Server -> RS-232 -> Commodore 64?
Google newsgroups had quite a few hits on the subject of telnet and serial communications, but I couldn't quite find a topic specific to my sitation. Here is my objective: Host a telnet session on my linux box, and transparently route the user to my C64 BBS (subsequent telnet connection requests are blocked until the serial port is free again). Data going to the BBS is converted from the telnet protocol to the rs-232 protocol (according to the parameters specified by this specialized telnet server). Data coming back from the BBS is converted from rs-232 protocol to telnet. This is done...

telnet from Java
hi, Say I am using a Windows machine, can I use Java to programmatically telnet to a unix machine? Here's what I did: String[] cmd = new String[3]; cmd[0] = "cmd.exe"; cmd[1] = "/c"; cmd[2] = "telnet unixMachine"; process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(cmd); PrintWriter pr = new PrintWriter(process.getOutputStream()); pr.print("username"); //print username to process pr.print("password"); //print password to proce...

pipelining
Hello everyone I urgently some help with this code. I am trying to implement the following pipeline and i keep getting this error Erro:ENOENT can anybody please help me to get this code working #input is the command line def handleCommandLine(input) # it splits the pipeline into an array command = input.split('|').map{|c|word_list(c)} i = 0 while i< command.length commands = command.at(i) execute(commands) i +=1 end end def execute(commands) rd, wr = IO.pipe if fork.nil? # child rd.close $stdout.reopen...

Graphics pipeline split
hi , I currently working on a graphics subsystem called which aims takes off from Mesa 6.0 and is mainly targetted for mobile clients with low battery power,graphics hardware limitations and even cpu andmemory limitations. The idea is to split the graphics pipeline, viz., the vertex stage, per fragment stage and also do lighting and texture calculations separately . Then the option provided is to render these stages either on the client or on the server. Who decides? an external intelligence agency which is continously tracking the mobile systems capabilities in terms of battery powe...

dot1x, radius and telnet authentication
Hi, i have setup radius dot1x authentication following guides online. However i can no longer login with telnet to the switch, i do not have the correct password (however before enabling dot1x the cisco/Cisco username/password worked). How can i get telnet to authenticate against the username/password cisco/Cisco whilst authorising ports with dot1x control. My config is below: ! version 12.1 no service pad service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime no service password-encryption ! hostname Switch ! aaa new-model aaa authentication dot1x default group radius enable secret ...

IP address of remote end of telnet session
Hi, I have been searching Google for a way to determine the ip address (not the resolved name) of the remote end of a telnet session, but did not come accross a working, simple way to accomplish this. But I did find many people asking the question, so I figured I share the solution I came up with: S_TTY=$(who am i | awk ' { print $2; } ') S_IP=$(last -i $S_TTY -n1 | head -1 | awk ' { print $3; } ') S_IP will contain the ip address. This may not be not a perfect and portable solution, but it works fine for me (on RH 7.x). / Lars On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:05:29 GMT, Lars O...

[UNIFACE-L:4233] Telnet CTRL-C trap
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005E_01C393D0.601D00E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello all, I have a question that I was wondering if somneone can help me with. We run our system on a Unix box, through a Telnet session. We have certain processes that run at the end of the day. Now when these processes run, there are "clever" system users that press <ctrl-C> in these terminal windows. This causes anything running on the telnet session to exit, and puts the...

FAQ 8.31 Can I use perl to run a telnet or ftp session? #17
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq8.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 8.31: Can I use perl to run a telnet or ftp session? Try the "Net::FTP", "TCP::Client", and "Net::Telnet" modules (available from CPAN). http://www.cpan.org/scripts/netstuff/telnet.emul...

Pipelines and I/O Redirection
Dear All, I am trying to understand the example used by tdlp.org for I/O Redirection = in Unix. The example reads as follows (on the next line you can find my und= erstanding of what is happening - could you please let me know if I am on t= he right track?): exec 3>&1 =20 In my understanding this sends any output to file descriptor 3 to file desc= riptor 1 (standard output). ls -l 2>&1 >&3 3>&- | grep bad 3>&-=20 This would start off two processes and each will get the file descriptors o= pen in the current shell. T...

Opcom messages from failed telnet connections.
Hi. Using : $ tcpip sho ver HP TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version V5.5 - ECO 1 on a COMPAQ AlphaServer DS20E 666 MHz running OpenVMS V8.2 $ We have a number of TNA devices created like: $ Telnet/create 10.32.141.43 9100 1111 - /prot=none - /time=(noidle,recon=0:0:15) This example creates TNA1111: These devices points to different equipment on the factory floor (port 9100 i used by Zebra label printers, if I'm not wrong). Now, if the equipment is shut off for some reason, we get a number of logs in operator.log like : %%%%...

nested telnet
I have a question on nested telnet sessions; if I am connected to <system1> via rlogin, I then telnet to <system2> and then from there telnet to <system3>, by executing the telnet 'close' command I loose all telnet sessions and dropped back to <system1>......how can I drop back one telnet level in this nested setup from <system3> to <system2> terry433iid <terry433iid@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have a question on nested telnet sessions; if I am connected to > <system1> via rlogin, I then telnet to <system2> and then from there >...

Define a segmented pipeline block in simscape ?
Hi, My question is how to define a segmented pipeline block with simscape language in Pneumatic domain ? You know the number of segments used is variable and depends on the user input so the number of equations and variables is variable. How can I deal with it ? Can I use matrix or arrays with variable dimensions in simscape language? such as Array[n] , n equals the number of the segments. Best wishes, li min Does anyone has a good idea? "li min" <limingph@gmail.com> wrote in message <ho05dk$egf$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > My question is how to d...

Charter Pipeline Long Beach CA. Modems?
Thinking about trying this and losing my home landline/DSL. Which is the best modem to buy and is this service worth messing with? Timotao wrote: > Thinking about trying this and losing my home landline/DSL. Which is > the best modem to buy and is this service worth messing with? I think so, but I'm on the other coast. You might try reading at the link below, and/or pose your question to CA users there. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/charter Charter techs visit/post there and will advise you on the choice of modems as well. I'm using the modem they gave ...

how to open telnet ?
Hi, I need to open telnet on my cisco, for configuration, because SQM don't work correclty. I can connect a laptop in console mode to open the telnet, byt 'im newbie .... How to open telnet on my configuration (new configuration) in command lines ? Thanks for your help Hi, > How to open telnet on my configuration (new configuration) in command > lines ? conf t line vty 0 4 password TOPSECRET login end write mem -- Jens Okay, thanks Maybe it necessary to create ACL, or NAT ? Sorry for newbies questions :) Thanks "Jens Bretschneider" <news@jens-bret...