  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi all
I have a question
when I use
cat| telnet ip
I got error:
cat: -: Resource temporarily unavailable

but cat|cat|telnet ip
or
cat|telnet ip|cat
can work fine

I  do not want to know how to reslove this problem
I just want to know what cause the command `cat|telnet' fail

thx

waker
0
Reply reg 2/22/2008 2:19:55 AM

See related articles to this posting
comp.unix.shell 14979 articles. 25 followers. Post

Telnet
My company builds a product that has a dual slot architecture for redundancy. Each slot has 2 significant Ethernet interfaces; one for network connectivity and one for connectivity between slots. Only one of the slots is accessible from the network at a time (the other is meant to be a backup). The two slots communicate via a common Ethernet backplane and each slot has a different IP address (10.0.0.9 and 10.0.0.10). I am trying to build a script with Ruby that allows me to first telnet into the active slot using it's network address (easy - mission accomplished) but then to also telne...

pipelining data between pipeline functions
hello, database version is 10.2.0.3 i'm trying to use pipeline function for transferring and transforming data. some questions arise ... Type definitions might look like this: create type lwps_type as object (LWPS_ID NUMBER , ...) / create type lwps_type_set as table of lwps_type; / pipeline function might look like this: CREATE OR REPLACE function pfms_vgr_2nd(p_invals in sys_refcursor) return lwps_type_set pipelined is out_rec lwps_type:=lwps_type(null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null ,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null); --in_rec pfms_vgr...

telnet from spawned telnet process
I have an expect script that spawns a telnet process, logs into a router and then tries to use the router's telnet to connect to a unix box. Manually, this works fine. However, when I put the same logic into the expect script, it does not work correctly. I log into the router fine but then when I send the telnet command from the router, nothing happens. I would expect to be prompted for the unix box user id/passwd but instead the router prompt comes right back with no prompt, no error messages nothing. The send command is: send "telnet 106.40.6.52\r" My scripts are runni...

telnetting without a telnet module
Hello everyone, i was wondering if anybody knew how to "telnet" to another machine to get a file, but the machine that i am using and the machine i am targetting both do not have the telnet module. Thanks Howard Use HTTP Post "Howard" <hychen@us.ibm.com> wrote in message news:d09fa638.0311071221.35836f15@posting.google.com... > Hello everyone, > i was wondering if anybody knew how to "telnet" to another machine > to get a file, but the machine that i am using and the machine i am > targetting both do not have the telnet module. Thanks ...

D3 Telnet or not to Telnet, That is my question
I am new to the D3, CUBS (Columbia Ultimate - Collection Software), and the Pick environment. Our current system is running on a Linux box using serial connections for 100+ users in two locations. The majority of my users have PC's in which they use ProComm plus to access the Linux box. A few are still on terminals. My goal is to move all users to telnet sessions. We have a secure T1 line between our two office locations. I've noticed with telnet sessions d3 does not release the port when a session is closed. I found the d3 -dcdon flag to help. THE BIG QUESTION: Can a...

telnet
I am trying to write a script to take some info from a few variables and use that info to telnet to a device and run a few commands, then pipe the output to a file and name it. This would be placed into a loop and run a number of times producing a number of files. I have not been able to see if php can facilitate this. Can someone tell me how they would go about this? mark v. wrote: > I am trying to write a script to take some info from a few variables > and use that info to telnet to a device and run a few commands, then > pipe the output to a file and name it. This would be placed ...

telnet
Hi everyone, I suspect the ISP has blocked port 25 of the IP I used, so I would like to test it from a host outside the ISP network. Does any one know where I can find a free telnet login account such that I can ping and traceroute back to my server to confirm it? Or any other newsgroup appropriate for this question? Appreciate for your reply. Rgds, wd On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:11:43 +0800, wd wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I suspect the ISP has blocked port 25 of the IP I used, so I would like to > test it from a host outside the ISP network. Does any one know where I can &...

Telnet
Guys i've set up VPN between three sites - but i'm having problems telnetting a server in one of the remote sites - i can send pings but not telnet (to an AS400 so port 23) AS400 is on 10.1.1.0 network Anyone got any ideas? interface ethernet0 auto interface ethernet1 auto nameif ethernet0 outside security0 nameif ethernet1 inside security100 fixup protocol ftp 21 fixup protocol h323 h225 1720 fixup protocol h323 ras 1718-1719 fixup protocol http 80 fixup protocol ils 389 fixup protocol rsh 514 fixup protocol rtsp 554 fixup protocol sip 5060 fixup protocol sip udp 5060 fixup protocol...

telnet
Hi ! can someone tell me the differences between the telnet terminal, VT100, VT220 ... or indicate me a document that explains the argoment ? Thank you! Galvano Italy On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:58:56 GMT, GALVANO <NOSPAMgalvano@libero.it> wrote: > Hi ! can someone tell me the differences between the telnet terminal, > VT100, VT220 ... or indicate me a document that explains the argoment ? > http://www.cs.utk.edu/~shuford/terminal/dec.html -- It is often the case that the man who can't tell a lie thinks he is the best judge of one. -- Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhea...