  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hi all
I have a question
when I use
cat| telnet ip
I got error:
cat: -: Resource temporarily unavailable

but cat|cat|telnet ip
or
cat|telnet ip|cat
can work fine

I  do not want to know how to reslove this problem
I just want to know what cause the command `cat|telnet' fail

thx

waker
0
Reply reg 2/22/2008 2:19:55 AM

See related articles to this posting

comp.unix.shell 15067 articles. 25 followers. Post

Telnet
My company builds a product that has a dual slot architecture for redundancy. Each slot has 2 significant Ethernet interfaces; one for network connectivity and one for connectivity between slots. Only one of the slots is accessible from the network at a time (the other is meant to be a backup). The two slots communicate via a common Ethernet backplane and each slot has a different IP address (10.0.0.9 and 10.0.0.10). I am trying to build a script with Ruby that allows me to first telnet into the active slot using it's network address (easy - mission accomplished) but then to also telne...

pipelining data between pipeline functions
hello, database version is 10.2.0.3 i'm trying to use pipeline function for transferring and transforming data. some questions arise ... Type definitions might look like this: create type lwps_type as object (LWPS_ID NUMBER , ...) / create type lwps_type_set as table of lwps_type; / pipeline function might look like this: CREATE OR REPLACE function pfms_vgr_2nd(p_invals in sys_refcursor) return lwps_type_set pipelined is out_rec lwps_type:=lwps_type(null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null ,null,null,null,null,null,null,null,null); --in_rec pfms_vgr...

telnet from spawned telnet process
I have an expect script that spawns a telnet process, logs into a router and then tries to use the router's telnet to connect to a unix box. Manually, this works fine. However, when I put the same logic into the expect script, it does not work correctly. I log into the router fine but then when I send the telnet command from the router, nothing happens. I would expect to be prompted for the unix box user id/passwd but instead the router prompt comes right back with no prompt, no error messages nothing. The send command is: send "telnet 106.40.6.52\r" My scripts are runni...

telnetting without a telnet module
Hello everyone, i was wondering if anybody knew how to "telnet" to another machine to get a file, but the machine that i am using and the machine i am targetting both do not have the telnet module. Thanks Howard Use HTTP Post "Howard" <hychen@us.ibm.com> wrote in message news:d09fa638.0311071221.35836f15@posting.google.com... > Hello everyone, > i was wondering if anybody knew how to "telnet" to another machine > to get a file, but the machine that i am using and the machine i am > targetting both do not have the telnet module. Thanks ...

D3 Telnet or not to Telnet, That is my question
I am new to the D3, CUBS (Columbia Ultimate - Collection Software), and the Pick environment. Our current system is running on a Linux box using serial connections for 100+ users in two locations. The majority of my users have PC's in which they use ProComm plus to access the Linux box. A few are still on terminals. My goal is to move all users to telnet sessions. We have a secure T1 line between our two office locations. I've noticed with telnet sessions d3 does not release the port when a session is closed. I found the d3 -dcdon flag to help. THE BIG QUESTION: Can a...

Telnet
Hi i am now doing some struts application.now i am in need to set up a telnet connection.i am told to use TelnetIO class.but i am unaware of it.if anyone has any idea pls do guide me. Thanks in advance Help yourself with this JavaDoc http://thm.askee.net/Telnet/Documentation/Source/socket/TelnetIO.html Amit :-) Hi Anusree, Help yourself with this javadoc http://thm.askee.net/Telnet/Documentation/Source/socket/TelnetIO.html Amit :-) ...

telnet
I am trying to write a script to take some info from a few variables and use that info to telnet to a device and run a few commands, then pipe the output to a file and name it. This would be placed into a loop and run a number of times producing a number of files. I have not been able to see if php can facilitate this. Can someone tell me how they would go about this? mark v. wrote: > I am trying to write a script to take some info from a few variables > and use that info to telnet to a device and run a few commands, then > pipe the output to a file and name it. This would be placed ...

telnet
Hi, I want to make a program what connect through telnet protocol to a router, and run commands for configure the router. I read over sockets and I made the program above, but it don�t work fine. After this, I read document in Internet about this, and I believe that I have to implement the protocol. But I don�t know. Someone can help me. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <errno.h> #include <string.h> #include <netdb.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #define PORT 23 ...

telnet
Hi everyone, I suspect the ISP has blocked port 25 of the IP I used, so I would like to test it from a host outside the ISP network. Does any one know where I can find a free telnet login account such that I can ping and traceroute back to my server to confirm it? Or any other newsgroup appropriate for this question? Appreciate for your reply. Rgds, wd On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:11:43 +0800, wd wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I suspect the ISP has blocked port 25 of the IP I used, so I would like to > test it from a host outside the ISP network. Does any one know where I can &...

Telnet
Guys i've set up VPN between three sites - but i'm having problems telnetting a server in one of the remote sites - i can send pings but not telnet (to an AS400 so port 23) AS400 is on 10.1.1.0 network Anyone got any ideas? interface ethernet0 auto interface ethernet1 auto nameif ethernet0 outside security0 nameif ethernet1 inside security100 fixup protocol ftp 21 fixup protocol h323 h225 1720 fixup protocol h323 ras 1718-1719 fixup protocol http 80 fixup protocol ils 389 fixup protocol rsh 514 fixup protocol rtsp 554 fixup protocol sip 5060 fixup protocol sip udp 5060 fixup protocol...

telnet
Hi ! can someone tell me the differences between the telnet terminal, VT100, VT220 ... or indicate me a document that explains the argoment ? Thank you! Galvano Italy On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:58:56 GMT, GALVANO <NOSPAMgalvano@libero.it> wrote: > Hi ! can someone tell me the differences between the telnet terminal, > VT100, VT220 ... or indicate me a document that explains the argoment ? > http://www.cs.utk.edu/~shuford/terminal/dec.html -- It is often the case that the man who can't tell a lie thinks he is the best judge of one. -- Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhea...

Telnet
Hi, I have a Linux - Embedde machine wich runns some ADC and stores the data on an NFS server. This machine I can access by means of telnet. My question: Can I from inside an m File run something like a telnet window to open an connection to that linux thing and send commands? Thanks Andreas Andreas <a.galatis@gsi.de> wrote: > Hi, > I have a Linux - Embedde machine wich runns some ADC and stores the > data on an NFS server. This machine I can access > by means of telnet. My question: Can I from inside an m File run > something like a telnet window to open an connection ...

telnet
Hi, &nbsp;&nbsp;I have a question on how to pass measured values from labview to a seperate database using telnet. I have tried on establishing the connection with the database using telnet using telnet line client.vi, and im able to do that successfully. Can anyone suggest me on this with some example Vi's if possible. &nbsp; Thanks in advance, &nbsp; Regards, Navin ...

Telnet
After being in a nursing home for 6 months,,,,I'm finaly back home,,,, and got my Cable Modem yesterday up and running.,,,Yeah!!!! Regards, Paul Casey Seattle's ONLY! Adult over 18 BBS! >>>----------> 1 Line at 206-783-7979 <----------<<< >>>-----> 1 Cable Modem Line at Telnet://wakawaka.dns2go.com <-----<<< >>>-----> Web-Site http://www.serv.net/~wakawaka <-----<<< -------------------------- --------------------------------- Paul's Waka Waka BBS Modem L...

telnet
Hi everyone, I suspect the ISP has blocked port 25 of the IP I used, so I would like to test it from a host outside the ISP network. Does any one know where I can find a free telnet login account such that I can ping and traceroute back to my server to confirm it? Or any other newsgroup appropriate for this question? Appreciate for your reply. Rgds, wd you can try www.freeshell.org, besides a free shell account, you can test connectivity of your box from the outside (they give you access to various unix command)...I am not sure if they allow telnet but you might ...

Telnet
Happy New Year Group, The port for telnet on our 3000 is set to a different value then 23, but it is set to 23 on our 9000. When I try to telnet from the 3000 to the 9000 I get the following message: Trying... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host telnet> If I switch the port for telnet to 23 on the 3000, it works great. My question is, can I run telnet on two different ports on either box so that I can maintain my non-standard port on the 3000, but still allow telnet to run between the two boxes? If not, is there another way to make this work? Thanks in advance, Pa...

Telnet
How do you use the DOS command-line telnet from DOS prompt on a Windows XP or 9x computer? As soon as I type in Telnet, Windows kicks in (always so helpful) and starts up some windows telnet application. I don't see the point in having a GUI for accessing telnet, when telnet will only give you access to the command line of the machine. I know how to use the Unix telnet, so I'm guessing the DOS one will be similar...if I can get Windows to sit still... On 17 Feb 2005 13:31:13 -0800, DJ Craig <spit@djtricities.com> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Ho...

telnet
i would like to connect to sip box from linux through telnet,and i want to ring the phone which is connected to the sip box what r the commands and configurations. Telnet can also be used to verify that a certain port is open on a host machine: telnet host port# Cheers, Mori ...

telnet
I am issuing "set host" to get connected to other computer through kermit. When i issue set host <ip>, it should idealy prompt for "login" and then followed by "password". But when i issue set host <ip> it issues "password prompt"(plz refer below) and then when i try to enter the root password, it flashes login incorrect . After this it gives login prompt. can i get a solution where i get login first and then password prompt START: for reference (/root/) C-Kermit>set host /connect /network-type:tcp/ip 192.1...

telnet
Hi everyone, I suspect the ISP has blocked port 25 of the IP I used, so I would like to test it from a host outside the ISP network. Does any one know where I can find a free telnet login account such that I can ping and traceroute back to my server ? Appreciate your suggestion. Rgds, wd Phone to you ISP and ask them , but it sounds strange to close SMTP port ( e-mail send ( port 25 ) , not telnet port ). Arkady "wd" <dwu2@i-cable.com> wrote in message news:bjmark$77q1@rain.i-cable.com... > Hi everyone, > > I suspect the ISP has blocked po...

telnet
IN REAL SENSE, WHAT IS TELNET? There is very few material available about TELNET. If anybody knows more about TELNET,Please reply...... haresh <hareshkachariya@gmail.com> wrote: : IN REAL SENSE, WHAT IS TELNET? : There is very few material available about TELNET. : If anybody knows more about TELNET,Please reply...... All your data are belong to us......PLONK! j. p.s. ANOTHER POS post from that new POS domain, 'Gmail.com' On Nov 3, 3:44 am, "haresh" <hareshkachar...@gmail.com> wrote: > IN REAL SENSE, WHAT IS TELNET? > There is ...

net::telnet to ms telnet server
i need to connect to a microsoft telnet server via net::telnet (and io::pty). i can connect and communicate successfully via the telnet command in linux after setting the following: (these are from memory so the syntax may be off but the options are correct) environ term vt100 set echo off mode character i can connect successfully via net::telnet & io::pty but cannot communicate with the ms telnet server. setting net::telnet to the same options as above does not work the same as a manual telnet connection. after much frustration, head scratching (and banging), i finally realized ...

Enable root access to telnet with krb5-telnet
Hello All, I would like to enable root login access to telnet on Fedora Core 6. I am able to telnet to using a normal user, but not as a root user. 1) making changes to /etc/securetty with adding pts/0, pts/1 etc did not help. 2) Removing the /etc/securetty file did not help. 3) Commenting out the auth entries in /etc/pam.d/login did not help. 4) If I disable krb5-telnet and install telnet-server rpm, the telnet as root works on local system but a remote putty access is not working. My requirement is: I would like to login as root when telnet to my remote Fedora Core6. "Yes, I know. tel...

Spawn a telnet session from a spawned telnet session
Is this possible? So basically my situation is I start my test on ComputerA, I telnet to ComputerB. I need to telnet from computerB to computerC, but when I spawn a new telnet session it is from computerA. ComputerB has an interface to ComputerC, so it has to come through this computer. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Robert rsaye@verizon.net (Robert Saye) writes: > Is this possible? So basically my situation is I start my test on > ComputerA, I telnet to ComputerB. I need to telnet from computerB to > computerC, but when I spawn a new telnet session it is from computerA...