UNIX Shell Scripting Tutorial

Hi everyone, I created a shell scripting tutorial, I hope it's ok to
post it here.  If anyone has any suggestions about it, please post
them, especially about the advanced section, I'm looking for more ideas
for it.

Thanks!

Tutorial: http://www.dreamsyssoft.com/shell_prog.jsp

0
iban

iban wrote:
> Hi everyone, I created a shell scripting tutorial, I hope it's ok to
> post it here.  If anyone has any suggestions about it, please post
> them, especially about the advanced section, I'm looking for more ideas
> for it.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tutorial: http://www.dreamsyssoft.com/shell_prog.jsp

Three comments:

1. To find text in a string one usually prefers regular expressions:
\ls | sed 's/\..*//'

2.
The many \/ look confusing so in this case take another delimiter:
sed "s%/home/%/user/local/home/%" ...

3.
Save this as an executable file "up.sh".

Maybe you should refer to Heiner's http://www.shelldorado.com/
this is *really* good!

--
Michael Tosch @ hp : com