Unix shell

Hi all,

We offer free shells with web hosting and a spam-filtered email account.
 - 50MB storage space (more available upon request)
 - Domain hosting available upon request
 - Access via SSH, SFTP, and POP3-ssl
 - Instant messaging clients for IRC, AIM, MSN, ICQ, Yahoo!, Gadu-Gadu,
 Jabber, and Lily
 - FastTrack (KaZaA), SoulSeek, and BitTorrent clients
 - Optional trainable server-side spam detection is also included.

We also have a few vhosts for fans of IRC.

Instant accounts available at: http://silenceisdefeat.org/

Anyway, I hope this is an acceptable place to let you guys know.  If it
isn't, please tell us via the email addresses on our site.

Thanks

web hosting, shell provider, unix shells, bnc shell, ircd provider, shell hosting, bnc shells, irc shells, ircd shells, unix shell account, irc shell, irc, eggdrop shell, irc vps, irc shell, linux vps
http://www.hostrazor.net/ web hosting, shell provider, unix shells, bnc shell, ircd provider, shell hosting, bnc shells, irc shells, ircd shells, unix shell account, irc shell, irc, eggdrop shell, irc vps, irc shell, linux vps -- questo articolo e` stato inviato via web dal servizio gratuito http://www.newsland.it/news segnala gli abusi ad abuse@newsland.it ...

can I run unix shell command in the ModelSim shell?
Hi, Just wonder if I can run unix shell command in the Modelsim shell, expecially those time/date command? Thanks. clinton__bill@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi, > Just wonder if I can run unix shell command in the Modelsim shell, > expecially those time/date command? ModelSim uses Tcl as its scripting language so (almost) anything you can do from Tcl can be done in ModelSim. Tcl has a variety of shell and file interaction commands available. Of course, if you want to execute Unix commands, you need to be running on a Unix (or Cygwin) system. Note that Tcl commands are NOT direct...

unix shells
I have compiled a program called mk, and it's internal routines work with unixlib in a taskwindow happily enough. However the wheels fall off when a recipe wants to 'fire up' a child process for calling the gcc commands. It's a little confusing, because it echos the command perfectly to it's running Taskwindow, but errors with mk fork Invalid argument Looking inside a bit further, I think the error comes from a program unix.c where there also is reference to /bin/sh Should I be trying to map this to a new Taskwindow with Set UnixFS$/bin/sh Taskwindow or some redirection? Ron M In message <534c5a1151.beeb@ron1954.woosh.co.nz> Ron <beeb@woosh.co.nz> wrote: > I have compiled a program called mk, and it's internal routines > work with unixlib in a taskwindow happily enough. > However the wheels fall off when a recipe wants to 'fire up' a > child process for calling the gcc commands. > It's a little confusing, because it echos the command perfectly > to it's running Taskwindow, but errors with > mk fork Invalid argument > > Looking inside a bit further, I think the error comes from a > program unix.c where there also is reference to /bin/sh > > Should I be trying to map this to a new Taskwindow with > Set UnixFS$/bin/sh Taskwindow or some redirection? > > Ron M I have tried changing the command gcc to the coreutils cp, in case it is a heap/wimpslot issue but look...

Unix Shell
I'm new to RUBY, but am familar with other scripting languages, PHP, Perl, Wscript, etc. I'd like to be able to run items from the shell such as ls -l > dirlisting.txt. Just an example. Can I do this? I would have just used the search on these forums, but unfortuantely when I click Search I get "The page cannot be found". Hope they can get this fixed so I won't have to ask every little question. Thanks in advance. -Greg -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Greg Johnson wrote: > I'd like to be able to run items from the shell > such as l...

US-NJ-Jersey City: UNIX Developer, UNIX, Shell scripting, SwiftAlliance Access; (45335553540)
US-NJ-Jersey City: UNIX Developer, UNIX, Shell scripting, SwiftAlliance Access; (45335553540) ============================================================================================= Position: UNIX Developer Reference: SMC01885 Location: Jersey City NJ Duration: 7M Skills: Knowledge of SwiftAlliance Access. Exp in upgrading/migrating Swift Alliance Access, Swift Alliance Gateway, SwiftNet Link. Knowledge of Compliance and Watchlist filtering applications like Mircosoft. Knowledge of B...

US-NJ-Jersey City: UNIX Developer, UNIX, Shell scripting, SwiftAlliance Access; (45335857612)
US-NJ-Jersey City: UNIX Developer, UNIX, Shell scripting, SwiftAlliance Access; (45335857612) ============================================================================================= Position: UNIX Developer Reference: SMC01885 Location: Jersey City NJ Duration: 7M Skills: Knowledge of SwiftAlliance Access. Exp in upgrading/migrating Swift Alliance Access, Swift Alliance Gateway, SwiftNet Link. Knowledge of Compliance and Watchlist filtering applications like Mircosoft. Knowledge of Banking, payment and messaging systems. Exp with Unix, shell Scripting, MQ Series, Oracle, Crystal Reports and WebSphere. Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyze a problem. own the problem and follow thru to resolution. Production support experience with critical systems. Good written and oral communication skills. Scope: Knowledge of Banking, payment and messaging systems. Experience with Unix, shell Scripting, MQ Series, Oracle, Crystal Reports and WebSphere. Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyze a problem. own the problem and follow thru to resolution. Production support experience with critical systems. Good written and oral communication skills. Please send your...

US-NJ-Jersey City: UNIX Developer, UNIX, Shell scripting, SwiftAlliance Access; (45335814411)
US-NJ-Jersey City: UNIX Developer, UNIX, Shell scripting, SwiftAlliance Access; (45335814411) ============================================================================================= Position: UNIX Developer Reference: SMC01885 Location: Jersey City NJ Duration: 7M Skills: Knowledge of SwiftAlliance Access. Exp in upgrading/migrating Swift Alliance Access, Swift Alliance Gateway, SwiftNet Link. Knowledge of Compliance and Watchlist filtering applications like Mircosoft. Knowledge of B...

US-NJ-Jersey City: UNIX Developer, UNIX, Shell scripting, SwiftAlliance Access; (45335557609)
US-NJ-Jersey City: UNIX Developer, UNIX, Shell scripting, SwiftAlliance Access; (45335557609) ============================================================================================= Position: UNIX Developer Reference: SMC01885 Location: Jersey City NJ Duration: 7M Skills: Knowledge of SwiftAlliance Access. Exp in upgrading/migrating Swift Alliance Access, Swift Alliance Gateway, SwiftNet Link. Knowledge of Compliance and Watchlist filtering applications like Mircosoft. Knowledge of Banking, payment and messaging systems. Exp with Unix, shell Scripting, MQ Series, Oracle, Crystal Reports and WebSphere. Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyze a problem. own the problem and follow thru to resolution. Production support experience with critical systems. Good written and oral communication skills. Scope: Knowledge of Banking, payment and messaging systems. Experience with Unix, shell Scripting, MQ Series, Oracle, Crystal Reports and WebSphere. Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyze a problem. own the problem and follow thru to resolution. Production support experience with critical systems. Good written and oral communication skills. Please send your...

US-NJ-Jersey City: UNIX Developer, UNIX, Shell scripting, SwiftAlliance Access; (45335832409)
US-NJ-Jersey City: UNIX Developer, UNIX, Shell scripting, SwiftAlliance Access; (45335832409) ============================================================================================= Position: UNIX Developer Reference: SMC01885 Location: Jersey City NJ Duration: 7M Skills: Knowledge of SwiftAlliance Access. Exp in upgrading/migrating Swift Alliance Access, Swift Alliance Gateway, SwiftNet Link. Knowledge of Compliance and Watchlist filtering applications like Mircosoft. Knowledge of B...

US-NJ-Jersey City: UNIX Developer, UNIX, Shell scripting, SwiftAlliance Access; (45335557609)
US-NJ-Jersey City: UNIX Developer, UNIX, Shell scripting, SwiftAlliance Access; (45335557609) ============================================================================================= Position: UNIX Developer Reference: SMC01885 Location: Jersey City NJ Duration: 7M Skills: Knowledge of SwiftAlliance Access. Exp in upgrading/migrating Swift Alliance Access, Swift Alliance Gateway, SwiftNet Link. Knowledge of Compliance and Watchlist filtering applications like Mircosoft. Knowledge of B...

irb and unix shells
Can you use irb in place of shells like bash or rc? > Can you use irb in place of shells like bash or rc? not really, but kinda, yeah. you can do "system ('any unix command')" from inside irb really easily, and you could also set up a method which automatically took any input you gave irb and passed that along to system, but you wouldn't get tab-completion, you'd have to manually print the strings you received back - they come back with newline escape sequences rather than newlines - and I really don't know how you would be able to get system (or backticks, ...

databases from unix shell
My name is uday kiran and i am student who completed M.Tech in cs. Currently i am in bangalore i am having some doubts in unix and c++ and i request u to clarif my doubts . 1) How can we call database querys and connect to database from unix shell programming . Can this be possible. if so how . This question is asked in many interviews . I am not able to find out the answer any where . So please tell me some ways of accessing database from unix shell scripting . 2) Sir how can we access database from c and c++ .. This is also asked in interviews . can u suggest me some good books regardi...

unix shell script
Hi all, I am in need of a shell script which will cat all the audit files into one log and then email. Thanks. Muddu "muddu" <mudassar.dba@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156371761.252866.267670@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I am in need of a shell script which will cat all the audit files into > one log and then email. > "cat *.aud" will merge all files together. You can redirect it to a file and/or email. Thank you very much for your hint. Regards. Muddu Bob Jones wrote: > "muddu" <mudassar.dba@gmail.com> wrote in message > news:1156371761.252866.267670@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > Hi all, > > > > I am in need of a shell script which will cat all the audit files into > > one log and then email. > > > > "cat *.aud" will merge all files together. You can redirect it to a file > and/or email. ...

Unix without shell
Another thread (on find ... -exec ...) got me thinking about "pure Unix", i.e. Unix without a shell. I realize that, with the exception of the occasional find ... -exec ..., and maybe at login time, I don't know of any other instance in which I interact with Unix without some shell's intervention. In fact I don't have a very clear idea of where the shell ends and Unix begins. I want to remedy this situation. I'm sure it's a royal pain to deal with Unix without the services of a shell, but I would like to experience it first hand. Is it possible? I suppose...

free unix shells
Are there any free unix shell accounts out there that someone can use to practice shell scripting etc? On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, nick wrote: > Are there any free unix shell accounts out there that someone can use > to practice shell scripting etc? Yes: your own computer. Download Solaris (free) and install it. -- Rich Teer, SCNA, SCSA, OpenSolaris CAB member President, Rite Online Inc. Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638 URL: http://www.rite-group.com/rich nick wrote: > Are there any free unix shell accounts out there that someone can use > to practice shell scripting etc? > Why not just by a cheap Sun box on e-Bay? Some come with Solaris installed or you can buy a Solaris 10 media kit for $40 or download it for free. For that matter, I have an old Ultra 5, 360MHz Sparc, 256MB, ~9GB disk, CD-ROM, floppy I'd part with. You'd have to find a Sun keyboard and mouse for it and a monitor. I bought it to practice newly acquired Sysadmin skills and have since upgraded to a trio of Ultra 10s. nick wrote: > Are there any free unix shell accounts out there that someone can use > to practice shell scripting etc? In addition to what others have suggested (buying a cheap Sun or running Solaris x86 on your PC), take a look at the HP testdrive http://www.testdrive.hp.com/ There you will find free accounts on machines running Linux, HP-UX, tru64, FreeBSD etc. You will have to read the conditions of their use, but I can't see anyone complaining abo...

How to Access Unix Shell
In a python program, I want to do a Unix directory list and then append selected files to each other which, as you know, is just "cat filename2 >> filename1." How do I escape into the shell and then return, bringing with me a directory list? Where can I find some examples of mixing shell commands and Python? "Neale" <nhirsh2@ieee.org> wrote in message news:2d7af4f8.0406131648.42868c63@posting.google.com... > In a python program, I want to do a Unix directory list and then > append selected files to each other which, as you know, is just "cat >...

Linux/unix Shell

Unix shell in a web broswer??
Hi For those of you who know what JS/UIX is, its a UN*X-like OS for standard web-browsers. Its actually pretty cool, but very limited, heres a link: http://www.masswerk.at/jsuix/ was wondering if you guys know if it is possible to expand the code into some thing more, behaving more like a natural shell allowing the user to upload files to the server using the shell in the web-broswer, and also doing some programming.......... Post me your thoughts. Chris "chutsu@gmail.com" <chutsu@gmail.com> writes: > Hi > For those of you who know what JS/UIX is, its a UN*X-like OS ...

pscp Unix to Unix
I'm using the pscp command to get a file from a Unix ftp server. Here's the command: pscp -v -P 22 -pw MYPASSWORD -batch MYUSER@some.location.edu:/src// file.txt file2.txt Here's the trace: Server version: SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_4.5 We claim version: SSH-2.0-PuTTY_Release_0.60 Using SSH protocol version 2 Doing Diffie-Hellman group exchange Doing Diffie-Hellman key exchange with hash SHA-256 Host key fingerprint is: ssh-rsa 2048 71:8a:33:8d:e7:41:95:45:c2:f2:77:ff:27:aa:0a:bb Initialised AES-256 SDCTR client->server encryption Initialised HMAC-SHA1 client->server MAC algorithm Initialised AES-256 SDCTR server->client encryption Initialised HMAC-SHA1 server->client MAC algorithm Using username "MYUSER". Keyboard-interactive authentication refused Sent password Access denied Access denied Disconnected: Unable to authenticate When I run this command in a Unix box, it gives me the error above, but it works fine in a Windows box. Any idea? Tong <txiong21@gmail.com> wrote: > Using username "MYUSER". [...] > When I run this command in a Unix box, it gives me the error above, > but it works fine in a Windows box. Any idea? The most obvious thing that springs to mind is that Unix user names are rarely in upper case. Does the Unix box send the user name in lower case? -- Simon Tatham "My heart bleeds. <anakin@pobox.com> (That's how it works.)" -- Gareth Taylor On Jun 9, 6:07=A0pm, Simon Tatha...

UNIX shell script question
I try with a UNIX shell script to do some actions in each subdirectories. Here is my script: #!/bin/sh DIRS=`ls -Q` for userdir in $DIRS do #do some action on each dir echo $userdir done My problem is that I have directories with whitespaces in their name. For example I have the following directories: test 1 test 2 test 3 test 4 I get the following output: "test 1" "test 2" "test 3" "test 4" I would expect the following: "test 1" "test 2" "test 3" "test 4" In the variable DIRS I get the fol...

unix version of unix
I need to install version of clipper under Solaris intel platform . Where can I find it easily downloaded and easily exapnded ? "hpy_awad@yahoo.com" <ehab_aziz2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7ecaee57.0402032342.679c3b02@posting.google.com... > I need to install version of clipper under Solaris intel platform . > Where can I find it easily downloaded and easily exapnded ? I use FlagShip. It's an excellent product. But not free! It is available for Sun Solaris. Visit www.fship.com -- Norman Perelson http://www.shopkeeper.co.za mailto:norman@shoso.co.za ...

Create user in Unix shell
I am using a version of Unix, and was wondering how to create a new user. How might I go about doing this? On 2004-06-03, Matthew wrote: > I am using a version of Unix, and was wondering how to create a new > user. How might I go about doing this? Which version of Unix? There are different methods in different versions (and even in the aame version). Read the man pages for adduser, useradd and vipw. -- Chris F.A. Johnson http://cfaj.freeshell.org/shell =================================================================== My code (if any) in t...

Question about unix shell accounts
What is the cheapest unix shell account for getting online via the Commodore? Are there any good, free shell accounts that permit dialup access? I've looked at both Iglou.com and Eskimo.com. I think one charges $15 a month (not sure). Do free ones exist? Or ones that accept one-time fees and then are free? Paul dunric@yahoo.com wrote: > What is the cheapest unix shell account for getting online via the > Commodore? Are there any good, free shell accounts that permit dialup > access? > > I've looked at both Iglou.com and Eskimo.com. I think one charges $15 a > month (not sure). > > Do free ones exist? Or ones that accept one-time fees and then are > free? > > Paul > Why not make your own? Setup something on your pc ( I'm assuming you are using one to get here .. ) and connect to that.. <dunric@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1109805704.198988.302880@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > What is the cheapest unix shell account for getting online via the > Commodore? Are there any good, free shell accounts that permit dialup > access? If you have a high speed Internet account, the cheapest way of getting shell access is to get an old PC (even a 386 or 486) and put a Linux distribution on it. Then you can connect to your PC via a serial cable, log in, and text surf to your heart's content. Jim Jim MacKenzie wrote: > <dunric@yahoo.com> wrote in message > news:1109805704.198988.3028...

Download Unix Shell Script
Hi, Is there any Unix Shell Scripts tool free to download for windows vista OS. I want to install and practice Unix shell scripts. Thanks JK Gopal wrote: > Hi, > > Is there any Unix Shell Scripts tool free to download for windows > vista OS. I want to install and practice Unix shell scripts. You may want to install the Cygwin package, where you'll find the bash shell included. Then you can also download ksh from kornshell.com. (Haven't tried that on Vista, though, but that works for XP at least.) Janis On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:08:06 +0100, Janis Papanagnou wrote: > Gopal wrote: >> Hi, >> >> Is there any Unix Shell Scripts tool free to download for windows vista >> OS. I want to install and practice Unix shell scripts. > > You may want to install the Cygwin package, where you'll find the bash > shell included. Then you can also download ksh from kornshell.com. > (Haven't tried that on Vista, though, but that works for XP at least.) > > Janis Yes, for tinkering with a Unix-like environment under Windows, Cygwin is definitely the way to go. While it does have a few limitations, it nonetheless does provide as near a complete Unix-like environment as you're likely to find anywhere, and you really can do a whole lot with it. As a Unix-learning environment for those not quite ready to take the plunge and trash their Windows installation and go ahead and install a real Unix, it can't be ...

Web resources about - Unix shell - comp.unix.shell

Ghost in the Shell (manga) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) serving as an interquel. Each series was later published as its own tankōbon volume by Kodansha . The plots features a collection of scenarios ...

Cans, bottles, now shells? Mussel recycling gives Port Phillip Bay .... muscle
These days bottles, cans, newspapers, printer cartridges, even mobile phones, can be recycled. Now it seems shells can be added to the list. ...

Royal Dutch Shell plc (RDS.A) Stock Upgraded At Goldman Sachs - BidnessEtc - Oil & Gas - By Muhammad ...
Bidness Etc does an in-depth analysis on Goldman Sachs\' upgrade. On Friday, Goldman Sachs upgraded Royal Dutch Shell plc. (ADR) ( NYSE:RDS.A ...

Huayi And Tencent Take Over Hong Kong Shell, Plan Acquisitions
China Money Network Huayi And Tencent Take Over Hong Kong Shell, Plan Acquisitions China Money Network Chinese movie studio Huayi Brothers ...

Shell faces further suit over Nigeria oil spills
Oil giant Shell is being sued again by two Nigerian communities over spills in the Niger Delta with claims that could run into "millions of pounds." ...

The Latest: Turkey again shells IS targets inside Syria
PARIS (AP) — The Latest on Syria's conflict (all times local):

Apple’s new iPhone SE crams the latest specs into a tiny shell
With its new iPhone SE, Apple is packing its latest features and technologies into a compact shell to provide those who prefer smaller screens ...

Shell Company That Sold House To Rubio Dissolved 9 Months After Sale
Shell Company That Sold House To Rubio Dissolved 9 Months After Sale

Japanese Icon Takeshi ‘Beat’ Kitano Boards ‘Ghost In The Shell’
Takeshi ‘Beat’ Kitano has joined the cast of Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks' Ghost in the Shell alongside Scarlett Johansson . Rupert Sanders ...

'TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan' kicks some shell on May 24th
If you're a fan of Raphael, Donatello, Leonardo and Michelangelo the heroic green Turtles that is, not the artists we've got some good news for ...