64 bit or 32 bit OS

I have a preinstalled solaris machine,
$ uname -a
SunOS sun_machine 5.9 Generic_117171-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise

$ uname -X
System = SunOS
Node = sun_machine
Release = 5.9
KernelID = Generic_117171-07
Machine = sun4u
BusType = <unknown>
Serial = <unknown>
Users = <unknown>
OEM# = 0
Origin# = 1
NumCPU = 2

1. how to know whether the OS is 32-bit or 64-bit?  and whether the release
is Maintenance Update 5 or later? or earlier?

2. how to limit the sizes of varios log files ?

Thanks.

0
newbie

"newbie" <cd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a preinstalled solaris machine,
> $ uname -a
> SunOS sun_machine 5.9 Generic_117171-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise
>
> $ uname -X
> System = SunOS
> Node = sun_machine
> Release = 5.9
> KernelID = Generic_117171-07
> Machine = sun4u
> BusType = <unknown>
> Serial = <unknown>
> Users = <unknown>
> OEM# = 0
> Origin# = 1
> NumCPU = 2
>
> 1. how to know whether the OS is 32-bit or 64-bit?  and whether the
> release
> is Maintenance Update 5 or later? or earlier?
>
> 2. how to limit the sizes of varios log files ?
>
> Thanks.

To check whether it's 32 or 64 bit:
isainfo -kv

The release info should be in /etc/release

Not sure about limiting size of log file - I usually write a script to
rotate them weekly.

0
Mike
2/24/2006 8:30:55 AM
Mike Ingram <mjingram@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not sure about limiting size of log file - I usually write a script to
> rotate them weekly.

man logadm

toomas
0