Accessing windows 7 share from Solaris using "windows network (smb)"

Help needed!  I can not successfully login to Windows 7 box from
Solaris 10 (Sparc).  I can see the windows box from Network Places in
Solaris 10.  The problem starts when I try to login.  The usrname/
passwd keeps failing.  I am using the the same usrname/passwd that I
use to login to the windows 7 box locally.  What I am I doing wrong
here?  Any/All suggestions are welcomed!!  Thanks in advance.

In article <ba1d0cbf-919d-41b5-b876-9fc5e85ff231@e21g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>,
Solarys  <blayrwilson@comcast.net> wrote:
>Help needed!  I can not successfully login to Windows 7 box from
>Solaris 10 (Sparc).  I can see the windows box from Network Places in
>Solaris 10.  The problem starts when I try to login.  The usrname/
>passwd keeps failing.  I am using the the same usrname/passwd that I
>use to login to the windows 7 box locally.  What I am I doing wrong

I would start by trying to connect to a guest share via smbclient(1)
and then an authenticated share.
The command line interface should aid your debugging.

John
groenveld@acm.org
0
groenvel (550)