Apache 2.2 and PHP

I have upgraded to Apache 2.2 and php5.0.4  (both from SUNFREEWARE) and
am now getting errors:

httpd: Syntax error on line 110 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
API module structure `php5_module' in file
/usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so is garbled - perhaps this is not
an Apache module DSO?

This has been reported at various places but there has been NO
answer... Any EXPERT know how to resolve?

Yes,the libphp5.so exists with the same rights as all the others in the
MODULES directory.

Thanks
Carl

0
carlvh407 (24)

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Carl Hilton wrote:

> I have upgraded to Apache 2.2 and php5.0.4  (both from SUNFREEWARE) and
> am now getting errors:

Have you tried the versions from Blastwave?

> httpd: Syntax error on line 110 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> API module structure `php5_module' in file
> /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so is garbled - perhaps this is not
> an Apache module DSO?
>
> This has been reported at various places but there has been NO
> answer... Any EXPERT know how to resolve?

ARe you sure that the PHP module was complied for use with Apache 2.2?
I recently built Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.1.2 from scratch, and they work
together well.  That might be an option for you?

President,
Rite Online Inc.

Voice: +1 (250) 979-1638
0
Rich
2/13/2006 6:50:39 PM
"Carl Hilton" <carlvh@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>I have upgraded to Apache 2.2 and php5.0.4  (both from SUNFREEWARE) and
> am now getting errors:
>
> httpd: Syntax error on line 110 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> API module structure `php5_module' in file
> /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so is garbled - perhaps this is not
> an Apache module DSO?
>
> This has been reported at various places but there has been NO
> answer... Any EXPERT know how to resolve?
>
> Yes,the libphp5.so exists with the same rights as all the others in the
> MODULES directory.
>
> Thanks
> Carl

Have you read this notes?
[quote]
php-5.0.4-sol10-sparc-local.gz The PHP scripting language - installs in
/usr/local/php. PHP requires that libiconv. libxml2, zlib, and either
libgcc-3.3 or gcc be installed. PHP is used with apache 2 and mysql which
should also be installed along with any packages they may require. PHP needs
configuration. php.ini related files are in /usr/local/php/doc/php along
with other documentation. php.ini needs to be installed in
/usr/local/php/lib. The libphp5.so file is installed in
/usr/local/apache2/modules. The following two lines
LoadModule php5_module        modules/libphp5.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

need to be placed in your httpd.conf file in their appropriate
places.[/quote]

0
DragonsLord
2/13/2006 8:57:59 PM
Yes, I have read the notes. and Yes, I have all the required products
and modifications to my config files.

0
Carl