CDE and command mode switch ???

We have Solaris 9 installed on SUN Ultra SPARC computer.  This computer is
server and boot up as "command mode" (NO window).  On Solaris 8 I can type
"openwin" go to window mode.  On Solaris 9, I use "dtlogin" go to window mode.
The problem I have is how to go back from CDE to command mode without reboot?

Thanks.

0
aaa

HI,
aaa wrote:
> We have Solaris 9 installed on SUN Ultra SPARC computer.  This computer is
> server and boot up as "command mode" (NO window).  On Solaris 8 I can type
> "openwin" go to window mode.  On Solaris 9, I use "dtlogin" go to window mode.
> The problem I have is how to go back from CDE to command mode without reboot?
>
> Thanks.

if you logout will it reboot then?

Otherwise you can always enable "window mode", as root #
/usr/dt/bin/dtconfig -e

/michael

0
Michael
10/3/2003 9:04:21 PM
aaa <leed@shell.cais.com> writes in comp.unix.solaris:
|On Solaris 9, I use "dtlogin" go to window mode.
|The problem I have is how to go back from CDE to command mode without reboot?

Select command line login from the dtlogin window.

(If you prefer working more like you did in S8 with "openwin",
 add /usr/openwin/bin to your path and run xinit, which is what
 openwin called with options to run the OpenWindows desktop.
 "xinit /usr/dt/bin/Xsession" should start CDE this way.)

Alan Coopersmith                              alanc@alum.calberkeley.org
http://www.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/       aka: Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
Alan
10/3/2003 10:55:42 PM
When I logout it shoe CDE login screen.  What I want is logout go back to
command line.

thanks

In article <pvlfb.31396$dP1.95469@newsc.telia.net>, Michael Laajanen says...

>HI,
>aaa wrote:
>> We have Solaris 9 installed on SUN Ultra SPARC computer.  This computer is
>> server and boot up as "command mode" (NO window).  On Solaris 8 I can type
>>"openwin" go to window mode.  On Solaris 9, I use "dtlogin" go to window mode.
>> The problem I have is how to go back from CDE to command mode without reboot?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>if you logout will it reboot then?
>
>Otherwise you can always enable "window mode", as root #
>/usr/dt/bin/dtconfig -e
>

>/michael

0
aaa
10/3/2003 11:38:35 PM
aaa wrote:

> When I logout it shoe CDE login screen.  What I want is logout go back to
> command line.

There's a menu option for that on the CDE login screen.

   - Logan

0
Logan
10/4/2003 12:18:42 AM
On 3 Oct 2003 13:13:52 -0700, aaa <leed@shell.cais.com> wrote:

>We have Solaris 9 installed on SUN Ultra SPARC computer.  This computer is
>server and boot up as "command mode" (NO window).  On Solaris 8 I can type
>"openwin" go to window mode.  On Solaris 9, I use "dtlogin" go to window mode.
>The problem I have is how to go back from CDE to command mode without reboot?

Try /usr/dt/bin/dtconfig -kill

-- Ton
0
Ton

hyphen in math mode
Hi everyone, How to get a normal hyphen in math mode. Now I used something like $\alpha_{\mbox{O-P}}$, however, the subscript O-P is at same size of normal O-P. And if I wrote it like $\alpha_{\mathrm{O}\mbox{-}\mathrm{P}}$, now, O and P is ok, however, hyphen is also at the same size of normal font. What's your suggestion? Thanks in advance! Best wishes, Jinsong Jinsong.Zhao@gmail.com wrote: > Hi everyone, > > How to get a normal hyphen in math mode. Now I used something like > $\alpha_{\mbox{O-P}}$, however, the subscript O-P is at same size of > normal O-P. And if I...

Where is mount command ?

Association operating in asynchronous mode and order of responses?
Does anybody knows if an SCP that receives multiple requests has the freedom to sent the responses in any order? Or do they need to be in FIFO order? Victor Hello Victor, if you meant many request by one association of one client, i think dicom doesnt let client to do new request before previous one is finished.. And it is better to do in order according to presentation context id.. if client and server are your implementation and wont work another dicom based applications, you are free to do whatever you want.. Another implementation can expect your requests in order as in ...

In-rush messages to console hang CDE
Hi: The console message (/var/adm/message) is used to log program errors. If there is an in-rush of message to the console and the CDE is not login, the console message will slow down the entire machine. The messages also flash the whole monitor. Is this a bug or configuration error? Regards Yoong ...

Make the switch from IE to Safari
I'd like to do a little poll. Who here uses Safari as their default browser on their Mac? I've done a bit of statistic searching, but only come up with ones from Feb 2003. Does anyone know of any up-to-date stats on Safari usage? Thanks sheds, Paul. "Paul Neave" <paul@FAKEneave.com> writes: > Who here uses Safari as their default browser on their Mac? The Mac I have here as a test platform is OS9, so no. I'm not a great fan of KHTML anyway, though it seems about even with Mac/IE. > I've done a bit of statistic searching, but onl...

Command & Conquer 3 on PC Gamer cover
More later when I actually read the preview. lol "Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:1147488201.857967.271760@d71g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > More later when I actually read the preview. lol Are we talking C&C Tiberium universe? Or Red Alert universe? Or shitty generals universe? I pray for the first but would be happy with the second. Ceo- It is the TIBERIUM universe! Hooray! 'bout time. "Carl" <me@theworld.universe> wrote in message news:YYOdnbzE5JhuFvjZRVnyuA@bt.com... > It is the TI...

Macintosh Hide Matlab Command
I'm using Matlab R14sp1 on the Macintosh with macintosh key bindings for edit windows. The key binding for finding selected text in an edit window is command+h. This is the same key binding that hides the MATLAB application under the MATLAB menu and it overrides the edit command+h key binding. How can I disable the hide MATLAB key binding? Unfortunately Cmd-H is now an OS keybinding for hiding applications. I don't know any way that it can be disabled. You can also use Cmd-F3 for Find Selection. I will investigate removing Cmd-H. Thanks! Christina Ahrens The MathWorks, Inc. ...

Command or Query to list all connected DAQ devices
Hi, &nbsp; I am looking for a simple query or function in labview to scan for connected DAQ devices and list them. Example: With VISA drivers, there is a function "find resources" when passed appropriate query string will return with the list of Ports (or devices connected). Is there any similar command that can be used for connected DAQ devices? I can look in MAX and see all devices connected under "NI-DAQmx Devices". However, my aim is to get that list in Labview via a query or function. your input is appreciated. &nbsp; Thanks, SS You use a couple of DAQmx prop...

"cannot open display" error with Xwin32 connecting to Sun/CDE and AIX/CDE
I'm using Xwin32 under windows to connect to different kind of Unix systems. When connecting to Linux (KDE and Gnome) I don't have any problem ; but well while connecting to Sun or Aix system running CDE : I get "cannot open display" error. The problem seems to become from the CDE environment (any parameter I need to modify for ?). All other things seem to be fine (DISPLAY, ...). While I broadcast the network to see the different systems to connect to, I see all the SUN and AIX systems but I can not connect to (but well to Linux systems). Does any body have some trick ? Reg...

SET NOCOUNT ON; Multiple Recordsets; ADO Command Text
MS-SQL 2000, Access 2003, ADO 2.8 Please, consider the SQL string in the following code: Dim r As ADODB.Recordset Dim r2 As ADODB.Recordset Set r = CurrentProject.Connection.Execute( _ "SET NOCOUNT ON " _ & "SELECT * FROM FFDBATransactions" _ & "; SET NOCOUNT ON " _ & "SELECT * FROM [4060148Transactions]") Set r2 = r.NextRecordset Debug.Print r.GetString(adClipString, 1, vbTab, vbNewLine) Debug.Print r2.GetString(adClipString, 1, vbTab, vbNewLine) Set r = Nothing that is: "SET NOCOUNT ON " _ & "SELECT * FROM FFDBATransac...

FAQ 3.12 Where can I get perl-mode for emacs? #22
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq3.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 3.12: Where can I get perl-mode for emacs? Since Emacs version 19 patchlevel 22 or so, there have been both a perl-mode.el and support for the Perl debugger built in. These should come with the standard Emacs 19...

How do I get LV to go to Edit mode when I stop a VI? It use to.
Recently, my LV stopped going directly to Edit mode when I stopped a vi. I can find any setting to set this. <OL><LI>Make sure that you have not selected <B>Change to Run Mode</B> from the Operate menu. (Shortcut Ctrl-M)</LI> <LI>Make sure that the file is not <B>Read-Only</B>.</LI></OL> I found the answer in the Options, Miscellaneous. The "Open VIs in Run Mode" must be UNCHECKED. Somehow it had gotten checked. ...

Re: Clear command #2
I can't actually answer your question, but anyway, Ctrl + E is easier than typing 'clear' and then pressing ENTER. Kind Regards, John Chapman Sydney, Australia Howard Alper wrote: > Hi, > > In the past, when I entered "clear" into the command window, all text in > the intended window (log or output) would disappear. However, after > accidentally hitting certain keys, when I now type "clear" I am asked if I > want to delete the information in the window. I don't understand what I > did to affect this change in how the "clear&q...

Redifining "\chapter" command ? by LaTeX newbie
Hello Texnicians, The \chapter command prints " Chapter + Number" followed by name..etc. But i would like to change the "\chapter" command so that i get the Chapter Number on a separate page followed by the chapter name...etc in the next page. Is it possible to accomplish the same without fiddling with the Commands? Thank you Mysterman. Mysterman wrote: > The \chapter command prints " Chapter + Number" followed by name..etc. > > But i would like to change the "\chapter" command so that i get the > Chapter Number on a separate page follo...

Possible switch to Filemaker
I am considering moving an application to Filemaker from Microsoft Access and have a number of questions regarding Filemakers compatability with some of the things my app does in Access. I have absolutley zero knowledge of how Filemaker works! I'll list some of the things I use in access and hopefully somone will be able to tell me if Filemaker has a corresponding function. Left() Mid() and Right() for selecting part of a string. The various events, AfterUpdate and OnClick being two of the main ones Modules with mathematical calculations which can be called from various parts of the d...

configure command
Hi!!I've a problem:when I configure Mplayer with command ./configure the system gives me the following error: bash: ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied Why?Is there somebody that can help me? I thank you in advance!! Pasquale Antonino <paki.antonino@libero.it> wrote: > Hi!!I've a problem:when I configure Mplayer with command ./configure > the system gives me the following error: > bash: ./configure: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied Does /bin/sh exist? Is it executable? Des the line in the configure script really say &quo...

LISTRIGHTS command
Hello everyone, one can use the LISTRIGHTS command to list the rights granted to a specific user, e.g. C: a001 LISTRIGHTS ~/Mail/saved smith S: * LISTRIGHTS ~/Mail/saved smith la r swicd S: a001 OK Listrights completed Does IMAP provide any means to list the rights for _all_ identifiers? It's hard to imagine that you have to right them all down!? Best regards, Oliver Block The answer to your question is to be found in RFC 4314. If you purpose to write a program that transmits IMAP commands, you MUST read the RFCs. If you are still confused after reading RFC 4314, please re-ask yo...

Customizing CDE
I want to customize my DECwindows/Motif CDE. Pointers to the docs which answer my questions would be very welcome; I have found documents which apply to the pre-CDE version of DECwindows, but I don't want to use the old version because I really like being able to switch between workspaces. 1. I want to add a Mozilla button to the workspace manager toolbar. How can I do this? Preferably for all users but just my account would be a start. 2. I want to start 3 Mozilla sessions (different profiles) automatically when I first log in, just for my own account. Each one should be in a diff...

New MMAIL command to merge spool files
A new MMAIL command, <b>MRGJOBSPLF</b>, allows to merge in a single spool file the *SCS spool files of a given job which are in *READY status. In this way one may significantly reduce the number of spool files attached to an e-mail message sent through MMAIL commands. Read about it at page http://mmail.easy400.net/mmailh/othutils.htm#03bx . ...

QUESTION - Standby database under 8i
Hey, all. I have established a manually recovered standby database under 8i on AIX 5.2.0.2. All is working swimmingly: I've automated the process which archives my redo from the primary, to ship a copy of the compressed redo files to the standby server, as well as the process of taking the standby out of read only mode, applying the accrued redo, etc. Just out of curiosity, I attempted an insert on a table while the db was in read only mode. I expected an error message indicating that the db was in read only mode, but instead I got the following: ERROR at line 1: ORA-01552: cannot use ...

Reading DOS command line parameters and output of images
Hello, I made an executable from a m-file. Now I want to pass some variables from the DOS command line into the program like: test.exe -i input.dat -o output.txt et cetera. How can I call these variables in the program? Another problem concerns the output of graphics with e.g. the meshc (meshgrid) command. Right now the executable just opens a Matlab image viewer. I would like to automaticly save the image with a specific filename in a format like jpg or gif, is this possible? I searched the help-topics and forums to find a solution but couldn't find anything usefull. Your help would be ...

glDrawBuffers
Hello again. I'm getting a little confused over the glDrawBuffers function. Is glDrawBuffers a state change or... Is glDrawBuffers a command that draws everything sent so far? I'm asking becauseit seems to swap between the two. I have a small fragment shader that creates a texture and a normal map using fractals. Using the with the following highly cut down code:- GLenum drawBuff[] = {GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT1_EXT}; glDrawBuffers(2, drawBuff); DrawTextureShader(&manager->shaders->progBark); // --- render the 2D quad that ma...

using find command to search in current directory only
Hello I am trying to use the find command to search for only in the current working directory. There are no mindepth or maxdepth options when I do a man on the find command. Are there any workarounds to this? I am using HP-UX 11. TIA 2004-06-9, 06:05(-07), Stevan Popovic: > I am trying to use the find command to search for only in the current > working directory. There are no mindepth or maxdepth options when I do > a man on the find command. > > Are there any workarounds to this? [...] find . \( -name . -o -prune \) ... or: find /some/dir/. \( -name . -o -prune \) ... ...

command line arguments
i need help pretty bad for this from the command line >csend string1 4233 "string2" how can i copy string1, or string2 to a char* or a string. for argument 4 (string2) char temp[256]; strcpy(temp, argv[4]); this doesn't work ------------ int i; char temp[256]; for(i=1; argv[4][i] != '"'; ++i) { temp[i] = argv[4][i]; } temp[i] = '\0' neither does this - gives a seg fault on this line for(i=1; argv[4][i] != '"'; ++i) how do i do it. and why don't these techniques work On Sat, 08 May 2004 15:42:03 GMT in comp.lang.c++, "A...

building a command string
Hi All, I am trying to build a set of functions to make it easier to search through large sets of file names. For example, I want to turn this (BASE): find . -iname "*.java" | grep -i FirstTerm | grep -i SecondTerm into this (TARGET): fjg FirstTerm SecondTerm. Where I have a generic function that will search on any file extension it is given, and a set of extension specific helpers. Here is my attempt so far. # Helper for ".java" files. fjg() { fXXXgBase java "$@" } # Generic function for any file extension. fXXXgBase() { command='find . -iname "...