chown gives error: Invalid argument.

I can change the ownership of files and folder in the users home
directory.

bash#  chown -R arn:root /export/arn/Scripts

It report no error.

Now I mount a windows partition(fat32 filesystem) on

bash# mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c0d0p0:C /export/arn/winDocs

Then try to change ownership of some files and folders inside that
drive(currently mounted).

bash# chown ar:root /export/arn/winDocs/Documents/The\ Internet\
resources/Sun\ Solaris/RBAC.PDF
chown: /export/arn/winDocs/Documents/The Internet resources/Sun
Solaris/RBAC.PDF: Invalid argument

Happens for every files and folders there...
Why is it invalid argument?
0
Unix9N (13)

chown gives error: Invalid argument. #2
I can change the ownership of files and folder in the users home directory. bash# chown -R arn:root /export/arn/Scripts It report no error. Now I mount a windows partition(fat32 filesystem) on bash# mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c0d0p0:C /export/arn/winDocs Then try to change ownership of some files and folders inside that drive(currently mounted). bash# chown arn:root /export/arn/winDocs/Documents/The\ Internet\ resources/Sun\ Solaris/RBAC.PDF chown: /export/arn/winDocs/Documents/The Internet resources/Sun Solaris/RBAC.PDF: Invalid argument Happens for every files and folders there... Why is...

ioctl program giving invalid argument error
I am trying to successfully run the following program that I downloaded from the net.I have commented some part.The program compiles and executable is formed fine.But when I give the command line arguments on giving -s option I get the error of invalid argument :- #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/socket.h> #include <netinet/in.h> #include <arpa/inet.h> #include <sys/ioctl.h> #include <errno.h> #include <netdb.h> //#include "nlist.h" #include <net/if.h> #include <netinet/if_ether.h> e...

ipseckey fails on Solaris 8 with Invalid argument error
I am trying to implement IPSec on Solaris 8 between 2 servers and get an Invalid argument error when I run ipseckey. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The following pkgs have been installed: NSCPcomdo SUNWamid SUNWcrman SUNWcry64 SUNWcryrx SUNWk5pkx SUNWk5pux NSCPfrcdo SUNWamidx SUNWcry SUNWcryr SUNWk5pk SUNWk5pu The string from /etc/release shows the Solaris 8 that is installed supports IPSec: Solaris 8 2/02 s28s_u7wos_08a SPARC Each server has been added to /etc/hosts on the other server. mykey: add esp spi 7924 dst host1 authalg MD5 encralg 3des a...

setting interface MTU giving error "ifconfig: SIOCSIFMTU: Invalid argument"
Hello, I have two interfaces on an OpenBSD 3.6 gateway on which I want to modify the MTU (I have just removed the MAC adresses from the output) : 1) rl0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0 "Realtek 8139" rev 0x10: irq 5 2) vr0 at pci0 dev 11 function 0 "VIA VT6105 RhineIII" rev 0x86: irq 10 On the first one, rl0, a simple "ifconfig rl0 mtu 1472" works nicely. However, on the other, it surprisingly fails with the error message : ifconfig: SIOCSIFMTU: Invalid argument I have found various people over Google having this problem, but none was able to hel...

3146 Error, and Invalid Argument Value error
I have recently upsized a client database to SQL Server. The application is used to book people onto courses at a Conference Centre/Adult Study Centre. It was originally an Access FE/BE, all written by my client. While it's not bad as an "amateur" database, it has all the expected failings of the inexperienced developer (poor table design, queries operating on whole tables, macros running hither and yon mixed with code etc.) The FE resides on a server, and all users (about four or five at most) connect to it. The BE resides on a different server. Recently, the users have be...

ipfw 'table' doens't exist? Gives "ipfw: setsockopt(IP_FW_TABLE_ADD): Invalid argument" Error
Hey, I've recently setup ipfw to attempt to block some of the abusers trying to gain access to my web server and have run into a problem. I was originally using add rules like so: add 600 deny log all from 218.0.0.0/8 to any in add 601 deny log all from 202.0.0.0/7 to any in add 602 deny log all from 219.0.0.0/8 to any in But after reading some information from newsgroups I was told it's best to use a table to deny large amounts of people as it improves efficiency, and was told to setup my ipfw.rules like so: ipfw table 666 add 218.0.0.0/8 ipfw table 666 add 202.0....

Phonon error: libv4l2: error getting pixformat: Invalid argument
Here is my code. I'm just trying to play an mp3 that I've clicked in a PyQT listwidget: @pyqtSlot() def item_clicked(self): row = self.listWidget.currentRow() song = musiclist[row] QCoreApplication.setApplicationName("Phonon") output = Phonon.AudioOutput(Phonon.MusicCategory) m_media = Phonon.MediaObject() Phonon.createPath(m_media, output) m_media.setCurrentSource(Phonon.MediaSource(song)) m_media.play() I'm running OpenSUSE Linux 12.3 Any ideas? Looking in /var/log/messages, eve...

mount gives Invalid argument
I am trying to install the latest NetBSD on an NEC780. I have the sets on a msdos partition of a 256mb compact flash card. I have set up the netbsd partitions on the card as well. I can get through the install until I try to tell it where to find the sets. I imagine I want to use the unmounted file system method and from looking at my disklabel output it would appear that the msdos partition is /dev/wd0f. I create the directory /msdos in root and issue the following command. mount -t msdos /dev/wd0f /msdos And I get the follow message mount_msdos: /dev/wd0f on /msdos: Invalid argument If anyone has any ideas on how to do this the help would be much appreciated. -- M. On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:43:51 -0400, bob wrote: > I am trying to install the latest NetBSD on an NEC780. I have the sets > on a msdos partition of a 256mb compact flash card. I have set up the > netbsd partitions on the card as well. I can get through the install > until I try to tell it where to find the sets. > > I imagine I want to use the unmounted file system method and from > looking at my disklabel output it would appear that the msdos partition > is /dev/wd0f. > > I create the directory /msdos in root and issue the following command. > > mount -t msdos /dev/wd0f /msdos > > And I get the follow message > > mount_msdos: /dev/wd0f on /msdos: Invalid argument Normally that means that mount(8) is either unhappy with the disklabel or that file syst...

Invalid argument error in IE
Hi, I have created two javascript classes in the following way. //Script tag starts here function ClassA(textBoxID, objB) { this.textBox = document.getElementById(textBoxID); this.objB = objB; //some other methods } function ClassB() { this.propertyA = "some value"; //some other methods } var objA = null, objB = null; function body_onLoad() { objB = new ClassB(); objA = new ClassA("aTextBoxID", objB); } //Script tag ends here This approach runs as expected in Firefox but in Internet Explorer, I get a script error "Invalid Argument" at a line numb...

Invalid Argument error on boot
I have a SunFire V210 which is spitting out a "Invalid Argument" error during boot. The error occurs immediately following the "normal" error messages you get when loading the volume manager on Solaris 9: WARNING: forceload of misc/md_trans failed WARNING: forceload of misc/md_raid failed WARNING: forceload of misc/md_hotspares failed Invalid Argument: Operation failed I had recently made a bunch of changes to the security configuration of the system. My guess is I fat-fingered something and didn't catch it. Any tips for finding out exactly where this is occuring?...

newbie: insertBefore, Invalid Argument error
Hey I'm trying to use javascript to dynamically add text to the web page. It should work like this: The user tryes to click on a link in the web page. The link executes a javascript method, which checks if a hidden html field has a value. If that hidden field has no value then the javascript should display a message (not using alert, but insert a html element into the code) on the web page telling the user that he need to save the form before clicking on that link.. Below is the approach I've tryed to solve this by... I just posted the code I have problem with... the check if ...

CompactDatabase fails with Invalid Argument error
Hello. For years I've been using the DBEngine.CompactDatabase code to make backups of backend databases. But now I've struck a baffling problem where I get an Invalid Argument error. This happens on an XPHome machine with both A97 and A2000 installed. I simplified the code and the error still occurs. In the following new test database containing only this procedure, dbSource refers to a brand new database with no objects which is closed. dbDest does not yet exist. On the last line I get the error message 'Invalid Argument'. The same happens if I leave the dbLangGeneral out. ...

Error: Invalid Procedure call or argument
I run a program which read emails from a text file. There is some thing invalid in one or more text file. When program is busy doing parsing it shows that error and process stop. I dont know which text file has that error. Is it possible that i can handle that error during processing some thing i mean ignore line, email so that my process will not be interrupt. Error: Invalid Procedure call or argument Run time error 5 I want to handle this error by means of skip that line, email or any thing but not to stop the parsing. Might help maybe just a little bit if you let us in on a BIG secret...

error: setsockopt SO_KEEPALIVE: Invalid argument
Hi, I'm running openssh 3.5p1 Protocol 2 on Solaris 2.6. Our users have reported problems with trying to ssh to the box eventhough the sshd is running (from inetd). It seems to be OK now, but when I checked the log in /var/log/messages I found the following error: Dec 8 11:32:08 smpl98 sshd[1851]: error: setsockopt SO_KEEPALIVE: Invalid argument Dec 8 11:32:31 smpl98 sshd[28492]: error: setsockopt SO_KEEPALIVE: Invalid argument Dec 8 11:34:49 smpl98 sshd[165]: error: setsockopt SO_KEEPALIVE: Invalid argument Dec 8 11:50:48 smpl98 sshd[4126]: error: setsockopt SO_KEEPALIVE: Inv...

Saving figure error (invalid argument)
I've searched through the newsgroup archives for an answer to my question, and I've read through FAQ 4.12, but I still can't find a solution to my particular issue. I'm trying to automate the saving of a figure as .fig. It is in a loop which changes the figure's filename with each iteration of the loop. Here's the relevant portion of code: figname = sprintf('%s_%s_%s\b\b\b\b', EEG.chanlocs(currChan1).labels, EEG.chanlocs(currChan2).labels, currfile); figname = Fz_Cz_STROOP0037 figure; saveas(gcf, figname, 'fig'); ------ Everything w...

Access Query and Invalid Argument Error
Hi, I have very serious problem with query in Access. I have, in my DB, a lot of forms with some buttons that I use to do query. When I press that buttons and query start I have "Invalid Argument" error because memo field lenght is greater than 128 char. If the type field is memo why I have this error? How I make to resolve this problem? Thanks Mara ...

mmap() ---- Invalid argument(EINVAL) error ..?
Hi I am using mmap() like this my intension is to allocate (mSize)memory with no memory protection and without file descriptor like this: pBase =(Ptr) mmap(0, mSize,PROT_NONE,MAP_ANONYMOUS,0,0); but I am getting an error Invalid argument(EINVAL). Can anybody give the correct way of doing this? I am using gcc in SOLARIS environment. Thanks, Vinu "Vinu" <vinuwarrier@yahoo.com> writes: >Hi > I am using mmap() like this my intension is to allocate (mSize)memory >with no memory protection and without file descriptor like this: > pBase =(Ptr) mmap(0, mSize,PROT_N...

ld giving error on Solaris 5.9
The details of the problem are as follows: Im trying to install the Imaging Library for Python (Imaging-1.1.6) on Solaris 5.9.When i run the python setup.py install command the installation procedure ends with the following error. ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections collect2: ld returned 1 exit status error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1 Is this happening because SUN ld is being used rather than GNU ld? I installed the binutils 1.7.11 package which contains GNU ld.Is installing this package sufficient to make gcc use GNU ld rather ...

MiKTeX 'Invalid argument' error
Please does anyone know the meaning of MiKTeX's 'invalid argument' error. M= y file compiles fine but the DVI viewer reports this error and says its a '= MiKTeX problem'. Acrobat viewer doesn't give this error and displays well. = There is no help forthcoming from the MiKTeX mailing list. I can't find any= error list/glossary in the MiKTeX manual. Please is there an alternative to MiKTeX for Windows OS users? On 18/09/2011 22:21, Ahmed Musa wrote: > Please is there an alternative to MiKTeX for Windows OS users? TL2011 works fine on Windows. -- Joseph Wright ...

error message"invalid argument"
my daughter was sending pics of my grandaughters, i right clicked on them and saved them as a screensaver to look at daily(1st twin grandchildren) now i keep getting invalid argument error and can't do it anymore can someone tell me what to do please........ On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:49:26 -0700, jjelswick@yahoo.com wrote: >my daughter was sending pics of my grandaughters, i right clicked on >them and saved them as a screensaver to look at daily(1st twin >grandchildren) now i keep getting invalid argument error and can't do >it anymore can someone tell me what to do please....

why error: "accept: Invalid argument"
when doing fork in a loop: [code] while(1) { tmp_sd = accept(sd, (struct sockaddr*)&tmp_sin, &len); if (tmp_sd == -1) { perror("accept"); exit(0); } //check client ip //fork pid = fork(); switch(pid) { case -1: perror("fork"); break; case 0: _exit(0); ...

shelve.open() and error 22: invalid argument
Hi everyone I've come across the following problem: on two different linux machines, both running python 2.5 (r25:51908), I have the same file 'd.dat'. The md5 checksums are the same. Now, on one machine the following code works >>> import shelve >>> d=shelve.open('d.dat') >>> while on the other... Traceback (most recent call last): File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module> File "local/lib/python2.5/shelve.py", line 225, in open return DbfilenameShelf(filename, flag, protocol, writeback) File "local/li...

makeconnection errors: "Invalid argument"
Having a problem I could find nothing on using Google. I'm getting a -lot- of the following errors in my maillog: i43ERpEZ018812: makeconnection (xxxx) failed: Invalid argument xxxx being almost every single mail server I try to send mail to. From one sendmail server to another it'll even do this. It'll fail the first try, and on the second try it'll go through. It doesn't do this with mail that stays on the server, but from the best I can tell (and from numerous test messages) it'll do this with every single outgoing message. Anybody know how I can fix this? Mai...

iptables
Hello everyone, Why does this entry below result in a iptables error message? iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE Results in "iptables: invalid argument" And where might I find any documentation on the error messages for iptables? Thanks Luther martin02 wrote: > Why does this entry below result in a iptables error message? > > iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE > > Results in "iptables: invalid argument" > > And where might I find any documentation on the error messages for iptables? On...

Web resources about - chown gives error: Invalid argument. - comp.unix.solaris

Argument (linguistics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In linguistics , an argument is an expression that helps complete the meaning of a predicate . Most predicates take one, two, or three arguments. ...

Self-defence argument likely for man charged with stabbing
A Macgregor man who allegedly stabbed an unknown man more than 10 times and told police he feared he would be murdered has been refused bail. ...

Sydney's lockout laws: The for and against arguments
... thousands of Sydneysiders signed a petition to end the regulations that affect the CBD, Kings Cross and along Oxford Street. Here are the arguments ...

Apple likely to invoke free-speech argument
... a key legal strategy to fight a court order to unlock an encrypted iPhone. [ The Age ] The Age - Video Apple likely to invoke free-speech argument ...

How to win an online argument: lessons from Reddit
... chance. Caitlin Dewey Disagreements are a fact of life, whether you're online or off it. But it's a fact universally acknowledged that arguments ...

Ghomeshi’s trial won’t hear from Ghomeshi, heads to closing arguments
The case will now move to closing submissions on Thursday before the judge decides Jian Ghomeshi's fate

Apple is using a straw man argument to fight the FBI
... to do with cracking encryption, but that's not what Apple wants you to believe. It's an exercise in misdirection and a classic straw man argument. ...

Trump's closing SC argument: kill 'em all
Trump's closing SC argument: kill 'em all by digby I have been writing Trump's torture and summary execution endorsements constantly since he ...

Serial Case: Closing Arguments Complete In Syed Hearing « CBS Baltimore
Closing arguments wrap up in the hearing for Adnan Syedthe Baltimore County man now wanting a new trial after being convicted of murdering his ...

Chicago Court Set To Hear Cruz Birther Arguments
... someone who was born in a foreign country to an American citizen, or someone born on American soil? Even with regard to John McCain, the argument ...