Compilation problems with Forte6update2 compiler !!

Hi All,

I am trying to compile c++ code in Forte6 update 2 compiler in
Solaris5.10. I am facing some compilation errors like " Error: Could
not find a match for" templates. But the same code works
fine in VC8.0 and gcc compilers.

Can you please let me know whether I am missing any compiler options?

Please let me know if there is any work around for this.

Thanks in advance !

Regards
Satish.

0
satish.lvr (42)

On 2008-03-31 11:02:06 +0100, satish.lvr@gmail.com said:

> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to compile c++ code in Forte6 update 2 compiler in
> Solaris5.10. I am facing some compilation errors like " Error: Could
> not find a match for" templates. But the same code works
> fine in VC8.0 and gcc compilers.
>
> Can you please let me know whether I am missing any compiler options?
>
> Please let me know if there is any work around for this.

According to
<http://developers.sun.com/sunstudio/support/matrix/index.jsp> Forte 6
is not supported on Solaris 10.

Install Studio 12 - it is free and is more standards compliant than
earlier compilers.

Cheers,

Chris

0
Chris
3/31/2008 12:04:15 PM
On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 03:02:06 -0700 (PDT), satish.lvr@gmail.com
   <satish.lvr@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to compile c++ code in Forte6 update 2 compiler in
> Solaris5.10. I am facing some compilation errors like " Error: Could
> not find a match for" templates. But the same code works
> fine in VC8.0 and gcc compilers.
>
> Can you please let me know whether I am missing any compiler options?
>
> Please let me know if there is any work around for this.

Try using a compiler that is actually supported on Solaris 10, like Sun
Studio 12.

A bientot
Paul
--