Compiling with 64-bit libcrypt on Solaris x86

I am running Solaris 10 x86 10/08 on an X2200M2 using Sun Studio 12 C
compiler.

I am compiling a 64-bit shared library and need to use the 64-bit
libcrypt library.
When I compile in 32-bit  mode, I use the "-l crypt" option on my
compile command.
This same option for a 64-bit mode compilation gives me the error:

ld: fatal: library -lcrypt: not found

I noticed the following symlinks under the /usr/lib directory:

/usr/lib/libcrypt.so -> libcrypt_d.so
/usr/lib/libcrypt_d.so -> ./libcrypt_d.so.1

The corresponding symlinks are not under /usr/lib/amd64.

I have been able to get my 64-bit compile to complete successfully by
using the
compile option "-l crypt_d".  Is this the proper way to handle this
issue?  Anyone
have a better (or correct) way of getting this 64-bit compile to work?

0
dennis

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 04:48:44 -0700 (PDT), dennis <ham_bone_19@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am running Solaris 10 x86 10/08 on an X2200M2 using Sun Studio 12 C
> compiler.
>
> I am compiling a 64-bit shared library and need to use the 64-bit
> libcrypt library.

> I have been able to get my 64-bit compile to complete successfully by
> using the
> compile option "-l crypt_d".  Is this the proper way to handle this
> issue?  Anyone
> have a better (or correct) way of getting this 64-bit compile to work?

My guess is that the lack of the libcrypt.so symlinks is an oversight
(man libcrypt just mentions linking with -lcrypt). So I guess that
-lcrypt_d is the right approach.

A bientot
Paul
--