configuring xclock

Recently upgraded to Solaris 9, and trying to figure out how to
replace my OWclock, which I had set up to give me nice little box with
Zulu time, digital format, showing seconds.

Trying to figure out how to configure the x resources or the command
line to get xclock to show me what I need... specifically, a display
format other than the standard 'date' or 'date +%C' output.  I need
output that looks (ideally) like
'date "+ %y/%j%n%T"'

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.
0
lewis

Lewis wrote:
> Recently upgraded to Solaris 9, and trying to figure out how to
> replace my OWclock, which I had set up to give me nice little box with
> Zulu time, digital format, showing seconds.
>
> Trying to figure out how to configure the x resources or the command
> line to get xclock to show me what I need... specifically, a display
> format other than the standard 'date' or 'date +%C' output.  I need
> output that looks (ideally) like
> 'date "+ %y/%j%n%T"'
>
> Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

You can't.  The man page clearly states your only options are "-analog"
and "-digital".  No resources are listed for further formatting.
You'll need another clock app to get the kind of control over the
format you want.  Don't know of one off the top of my head.

                                 Chris Mattern

0
Chris
2/10/2004 9:55:26 PM
Lewis wrote:
> Recently upgraded to Solaris 9, and trying to figure out how to
> replace my OWclock, which I had set up to give me nice little box with
> Zulu time, digital format, showing seconds.

If you have another machine running an older Solaris, copy
the openwindow's clock program to your machine, it should work fine.
It should also be in the Solaris 8 CDs (or older)

0
Oscar
2/10/2004 11:02:06 PM
lewis@city-net.com (Lewis) writes in comp.unix.solaris:
|Recently upgraded to Solaris 9, and trying to figure out how to
|replace my OWclock, which I had set up to give me nice little box with
|Zulu time, digital format, showing seconds.
|
|Trying to figure out how to configure the x resources or the command
|line to get xclock to show me what I need... specifically, a display
|format other than the standard 'date' or 'date +%C' output.  I need
|output that looks (ideally) like
|'date "+ %y/%j%n%T"'

It's undocumented, but if you're in any locale other than C it will
honor the CFTIME environment variable, so you can do something like
	env LC_ALL="en_US" CFTIME="%y/%j %T" xclock

(%n will just insert a space, not a line break - you can't get it
to go to multiple lines in the Solaris version.)

Alan Coopersmith                              alanc@alum.calberkeley.org
http://www.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/       aka: Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
Alan
2/11/2004 12:23:49 AM
Alan Coopersmith <alanc@alum.calberkeley.org> writes in comp.unix.solaris:
|It's undocumented, but if you're in any locale other than C it will
|honor the CFTIME environment variable, so you can do something like
|	env LC_ALL="en_US" CFTIME="%y/%j %T" xclock

There should be a -d or -digital on the end of that of course.

Alan Coopersmith                              alanc@alum.calberkeley.org
http://www.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/       aka: Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
Alan
2/11/2004 2:20:30 AM
Alan Coopersmith <alanc@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote in message news:<c0c3he$1nkf$1@agate.berkeley.edu>...
> Alan Coopersmith <alanc@alum.calberkeley.org> writes in comp.unix.solaris:
> |It's undocumented, but if you're in any locale other than C it will
> |honor the CFTIME environment variable, so you can do something like
> |	env LC_ALL="en_US" CFTIME="%y/%j %T" xclock
>
> There should be a -d or -digital on the end of that of course.

Thanks, Alan, that answer works for me.  I put together a shell script,

#!/bin/sh
env TZ=Zulu LC_ALL="en_US" CFTIME="%y/%j %T" xclock -d -update 1 &

which gives me just what I need.  Thanks again!
0
lewis

Configuring SPSS group in Outlook
Hi, Is it possible to read the SPSS news messages from outlook express. I use outlook for reading Microsoft newsgroups and tried to configure this one by mentioning server name as comp.soft-sys.stat.spss but Im getting a meesage that server could not be found. Could anybody please guide me. Regards, Hari India On 24 Aug 2004 10:15:06 -0700, excel_hari@yahoo.com (Hari) wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to read the SPSS news messages from outlook express. I > use outlook for reading Microsoft newsgroups and tried to configure > this one by mentioning server nam...

How to configure a network device with dynamic IP address?
I would like to develop an embedded device that has an Ethernet interface connected to a home or corporate LAN. As part of the requirement, the user should be able to configure the device via a web page or alike, just like we configure a router with a computer. Say you type in "http://192.168.1.1", and get into a page for configuration, modify the settings then save it to the router. I would like to know how to make my device configurable in a similar manner. For now assume my device has a static IP address, and the user and the device are in the same local network. Is ther...

How to configurate the counter buffer ?
I would like to count edges evenments with a counter on DAQPad6020E. The frequency of the evenement is about 300Hz. With a continu read of counter I lose some evenments. That why I think to use the counter with a buffer, but I don't know how to configurate the differents paramater of the differents VI (read buffer, buffer config, ...). Someone could explain me ? Thank you Christophe ...

emacs configuration
Hi! I have lost my emacs configuration when I migrated from RH9 to FC2. I do not remember what was default for Emacs in RH9, but in FC2 I miss the ability to mark text with the keyboard. I used to press Ctr+Space to start marking and then used the arrow keys to mark chunks of text. Can anyone post here or email me the code I can put in .emacs which will fix this? I also miss binding the Go to Line function to, say F6. Or do you have a cool programming setup for emacs, which you can share? I am interested in basic useful things, which can easily be set up on other machines, not...

US-AL-Huntsville: SAP SEM Configuration Analyst: SAP BW Apps., SAP R/3 (FICO); C (45282857643)
US-AL-Huntsville: SAP SEM Configuration Analyst: SAP BW Apps., SAP R/3 (FICO); C (45282857643) ============================================================================================== Position: SAP SEM Config. Analyst Reference: SMC01100 Location: Huntsville AL Duration: C-P Skills: 4+yrs configuring and implementing SAP BW applications. Data Warehousing, SAP R/3 or mySAP configuration experience. Exp with SEM and ABAP. Knowledge of SAP R/3 (FICO). Exp with Crystal Decisions, or othe...

Kerberos configuration file
I'm trying to configure Kerberos for use with Oracle9i Database through ASO (Advanced Security Option) and Windows 2000 Server with Active Directory. When trying to get the initial ticket with the okinit utility there's always the error message: "Improper format of configuration file". So i reviewed my krb5.conf file a few times but i can't find the mistake. Here's the content of the file: [libdefaults] default_realm=MYCOMPANY.LOCAL [realms] nkk-1gje43lrh5h.mycompany.local={kdc=mycompany.local} [domain_realm] ..mycompany.local=MYCOMPANY.LOCAL "mycompany.local&q...

minimal bind configuration caching/proxy
Hello. I've been following the list for a couple of days. I fear my understanding will never come. I'm a Gentoo user. Unfortunately, there was nothing for a named.conf to start with. I've played around, gleaned some bits from google searches.... Tested with this suggested method: "From one terminal: tcpdump dst port 53 From another terminal: ping -c 4 google.com ping -c 4 google.com If you see domain queries being sent when you do the second ping, then you are not caching." With this test, it seems to be working. As the entire subject of DNS appears...

GDB debugger with different configurations
Hello, I try to use GDB for MPC. The communication seems to be OK with my board..... Now, I wish to use my GDB debugger, Already installed, on my Redhat v9.0 machine ! The problem is that the GDB on redhat has beem configured for "..i386-redhat-linux-GNU.." but absolutely not for MPC8xx family. - How can I configure my GDB for MPC8xx family ? I would like to avoid downloading another version of GDB, compile.... re-install ... :-) - Is there a way to switch rapidely between 2 or 3 configurations of GDB ? (like for instance "i386-redhat..2/ MPC8xx ? Thanks ...

Configuring Sent From Address
I'm a Windows guy who has been thrown into the Solaris world, so please bear with me. I have a new install of Solaris 9 running sendmail. The senders address is displayed as: user@hostname.domain.com; where hostname is the name of the Solaris Server. I would like it to read user@domain.com. I tried to figure out the sendmail.conf file and I nearly got sick reading it :-) Any help is appreciated. Thank you Patrick patlav@gmail.com wrote: > I'm a Windows guy who has been thrown into the Solaris world, > so please bear with me. > I have a new install of Solaris 9 r...

how to configure fax server configuration
hi friends, I want to configure Fax Server means one pc have facilty to send fax using modem. but my other 500 client would be send fax using this 2003 server. so any body know about. please start this topic and give some solution. in further work i have find fax server is available in windows 2003 server i have installed. it provides fax sharing. when i am installing fax on other machine it ask. you need to restart fax service. when i am restarting it it ask for modem installed on machine. that thing i do not want. modem is installed on one machine other machine should be conn...

How to configure firewall for telewest broadband?
Hi I installed Kerio on a friends pc that is connected to telewest cable broadband. Where at home I have to add almost every website I visit to the list of allowed sites, on his pc every site seemed to work fine without being added. Pop-ups were appearing too. Can anyone suggest what is wrong? I wondered whether it needed to be setup differently as the cable modem is connected via a network connection. Does this mean the modem is acting as another pc rather than a peripheral deveice and needs a different setup? Thanks D "dogbreath3@hotmail.com" <dogbreath3@hotmail.com> in...

Configuring Oracle for JDBC
Configuring Oracle for JDBC I am trying to set up a Linux (I am using Fedora Core 4) server with Oracle 10g on it but can't seem to be able to connect to it using JDBC. I don't know how to get my machine to respond to a specific name, but can ssh into it from within my own network by using: ssh jmecc@192.168.0.110 so I am trying the same with my JDBC connection string: "jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.0.110:1521:test" I modified the listener.ora file to LISTENER = (DESCRIPTION_LIST= (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=jbox.jdomain)(PORT=1521)) (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=ipc)...

configure file of samba (1 PDC, 2 Server)
any one can tell me how to configure 3 linux boxes( 1 samba PDC, 2 samba server) with all account, profiles saved in PDC "Louis" <noteasy2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bdev95$r6l2@imsp212.netvigator.com... > any one can tell me how to configure 3 linux boxes( 1 samba PDC, 2 samba > server) with all account, profiles saved in PDC > > You are kidding right? Read the man's and check the Samba sight. It covers it all. ken k ...

BDE Configuring ...
I am running P10 on a Vista machine and can't seem to figure out how to get the changes to the configuration to be implemented when Pardox is run. I have local share set to "on" and need the default table language to "paradox ascii" ... these are the settings shown in the BDE configuration file, but table language and sharing still defaults to "ansii" and share off ... help! On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:16:40 -0600, "David Farmer" <dafarmer@hotmail.com> wrote: >I am running P10 on a Vista machine and can't seem to figure out ...

pgsql-server/. configure configure.in #17
CVSROOT: /cvsroot Module name: pgsql-server Changes by: momjian@svr1.postgresql.org 04/04/26 16:08:58 Modified files: . : configure configure.in Log message: Fix vpath for thread test. ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 3: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your message can get through to the mailing list cleanly ...

HPSBMA02279 SSRT071298 rev.1

Latex configuration
I have a quick question for the group. I have a Solaris box being used by multiple users for most users latex uses the article.cls file from "/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/". However for one user the file is found in "/usr/local/tex/texmf/tex/latex/base/". A few other files are similarly different and the user cannot compile some files that others can. What could be causing the user this problem? He does not appear to have a configuration file in the home dir, and the TEXINPUTS variable is not being set. Thanks for your help, Rob Rob wrote: > I have a qu...

SAS/ACCESS to OLE DB Configuration
Users: I have Windows XP , Microsoft SQL Database, SAS/ACCESS to OLE DB, and SAS 9.1.3. I would like to configure the SAS/ACCESS to OLE DB on my pc. I would appreciate for any help (instructions) as to how to configure the OLE DB on my pc. Second, which is more efficient: SAS/ACCESS to ODBC vs SAS/ACCESS to OLE DB? Thanks, Doyle ...

Configure Public & Private DNS Server
I need to configure 2 DNS server in my network. 1 will handle the public addresses and one for the company's network. Can someone direct me to the right place to find articles on the proper way of doing that? In article <1114623293.302878.132830@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, No_Spam wrote: >I need to configure 2 DNS server in my network. 1 will handle the >public addresses and one for the company's network. Can someone direct >me to the right place to find articles on the proper way of doing that? Not quite clear - is that one outside for the world to see, and one i...

[Uniface-L] Uniface 7 and QA Run Configuration
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPartTM-000-5f783622-00aa-44e9-9159-854f78df48e2 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C4D7EE.887CD3FA" ------_=_NextPart_001_01C4D7EE.887CD3FA Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi; I found your contact from Google research, I try to get some Information about QA Run, would you please help me. 1.What type is script language is used in QA RUN tool ??? 2. Does QA Run support the browser Mozilla ?? 3. Do...

[tao-users] RE: [ace-users] XML service configuration no longer works with ACE/TAO 5.4.5/1.4.5
Hi Lothar > � � ACE VERSION: 5.4.5 Thanks for using the PRF form. Could you try to find the problem and send us patches to fix this? Regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT Postbus 101 2650 AC Berkel en Rodenrijs The Netherlands www.theaceorb.nl / www.remedy.nl > > � � HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > uname -a > Linux janus 2.6.11.4-20a-default #1 Wed Mar 23 21:52:37 UTC > 2005 x86_64 x86_64 > x86_64 GNU/Linux > > � � TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: > � � COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEV...

DS700 RAS configuration
Slightly OT but I figure the odds of finding a person who has done it are better here than elsewhere. We're in the process of moving a (VMS! Alpha) customer from frame relay to VPN site-to-site tunnels for their WAN. We need to provide a certain level of backup access, and rather than defaulting to some damn peecee RAS I'm looking at using a spare DS700-08 (NAS 2.2 software) with a few modems as the backup. I've not been able to test anything since the DS700s are not currently free (they would be upon converting). The last time we tried it briefly using a DS700-08, NAS 2.3a, an...

How to AUTOMATICALLY configure CPAN?
I am trying to create a fully scripted (inside a makefile) install of perl-5.10.1. Most of the things work, except that CPAN insists on configuring itself and gets into an infinite loop of saying inanities like "you did not allow me to connect to internet, so I will not connect to internet". As you did not allow me to connect to the internet you need to supply a valid CPAN URL now. Please enter the URL of your CPAN mirror CPAN needs access to at least one CPAN mirror. I thought that I could just put CPAN/Config.pm in the right place, but apparently, it is not wor...

Network Configuration Question
Somewhat new to networking, but can't seem to get this thing running. I susupect either a bad NIC, or cable, or hub. I THINK my settings are correct, but ... All the machines run XP Pro... ---cable modem-----NIC (set to DHCP) ---machine 1-----NIC (192.168.0.1 and set as gateway) | | | machine 2 ----- hub 192.168.0.2 | 192.168..0.1 as gateway | | 802.11g Wireless Hub / ...

Configuring BST/GMT without *Configure
Is there a way to *Configure GMT/BST without using *Configure? An ARM proggy of mine is falling over on machines with non UK territories. Thanks Jon. Hi, On 30 Dec 2003, Jon Ripley wrote: > Is there a way to *Configure GMT/BST without using *Configure? The DST bit is stored in the CMOS RAM. You can alter the CMOS RAM with OS_Byte 162 (PRM 1-365). According to StrongHelp, the DST bit is stored in bit 7 of CMOS byte 220.. http://www.drobe.co.uk/show_manual.php?manual=/sh-cgi?manual=OS%26page=os_bytecmos220> The bit is high when BST/DST is configured, and low when GMT is configured...