Does anyone know how to configure SNMP on solaris 10?

under 10,

daemon is under /usr/sfw/bin/snmpd
configureaiton file is under /etc/sma/snmp/snmpd.conf

while 9 it is using /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx, /usr/lib/dmi/snmpXdmid
configuration is under /etc/snmp/conf/snmpd.conf

solaris 10 can't understand snmpd.conf from solaris 9.

What I want is I want NetPulse talk to Solaris 10 through snmp by a
rocommunity.

Please advise

0
steeles

On 2006-10-06, steeles <steeles@gmail.com> wrote:
> under 10,
>
> daemon is under /usr/sfw/bin/snmpd
> configureaiton file is under /etc/sma/snmp/snmpd.conf
>
> while 9 it is using /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx, /usr/lib/dmi/snmpXdmid
> configuration is under /etc/snmp/conf/snmpd.conf
>
> solaris 10 can't understand snmpd.conf from solaris 9.
>
> What I want is I want NetPulse talk to Solaris 10 through snmp by a
> rocommunity.
>
> Please advise

My notes on this:

Solaris 10

Install the SUNWsmmgr, SUNWsmcmd, SUNWsmagt and SUNWsmdoc packages.

cd /etc/sma/snmp
cp snmpd.conf snmpd.conf.dist
vi snmpd.conf
	set rocommunity
	set syslocation and syscontact
	Add a line for sysdescr

Edit /etc/ipf/ipf.conf to allow UDP access on port 161 from the
management stations:

	pass in quick proto udp from XXXXXXXXXXXXX to any port = 161
	pass in quick proto udp from XXXXXXXXXXXXX to any port = 161

Restart the firewall:
	svcadm restart ipfilter

Start it:
	/etc/rc3.d/S82initsma start
	(if this returns an error
		/etc/rc3.d/S82initsma: /usr/bin/zonename: not found

	then you will need to edit /etc/rc3.d/S82initsma - find the line
	that reads:

		ZONENAME=`/usr/bin/zonename`

	and change it to:

		if [ -x /usr/bin/zonename ]; then
		        ZONENAME=`/usr/bin/zonename`
		else
		        ZONENAME=.
		fi
	)

HTH

Ceri
                                                  -- Moliere
0
Ceri

Anyone? Anyone?
The following runs slow, as you might expect. I'm open to advice. .. . . def GetTotalPages(self): self.PPIPrinterWidth = 100 #whatever self.PPIPrinterHeight = 100 #whatever self.screenscale = 1.0 #whatever bitmap = wxEmptyBitmap( PrinterDefinition['PageWidth'] * self.PPIPrinterWidth ,PrinterDefinition['PageHeight'] * self.PPIPrinterHeight) DC = wxMemoryDC() DC.SelectObject(bitmap) self.page_total = 0 while self.DoDrawing(DC) <> False: self.page_total += 1 return ...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Johnny- > > > > ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 > > > > > > > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > > > > Solaris10 X86 > > > > TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: > > > > COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): > > > > Compiler: SUN CC 5.6 > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ > > > > I don't think the DOC group supports this compiler anymore.. More > > particularly this compiler is buggy and you may land up with ...

Get Solaris OS installation Time duration.
Hi all, I need to take the time duration for Solaris installation to several SPARC server, instead of manually time taking, is there anywhere in Solaris system that will tell me how long time it takes for installation? Please help. I also need to take time for EIS-DVD patch updating process at - setup-standard.sh - unpack-patches - install_all_patches If taking time manually I afraid I might miss it when the installation is done. Please help. Thanks TK wrote: > Hi all, > > I need to take the time duration for Solaris installation to several > SPARC server, instead of manually...

Say, did anyone notice?
Vista apparently shipped last night. The response was muted, to say the least: http://www.niallkennedy.com/blog/archives/2007/01/windows-vista-launch-san-francisco.html -jcr In article <2007013010131450073-jcrnospam@nospammaccom>, John C. Randolph <jcr.nospam@nospam.mac.com> wrote: > Vista apparently shipped last night. What's Vista? :) -- Sandman[.net] On 2007-01-30 10:28:47 -0800, Sandman <mr@sandman.net> said: > In article <2007013010131450073-jcrnospam@nospammaccom>, > John C. Randolph <jcr.nospam@nospam.mac.com> wrote: > >...

Lubuntu to become an official Ubuntu derivative with 11.10
(from OMGUbuntu!) After what seems like an eternity of waiting, the light-weight LXDE based Ubuntu spin ‘Lubuntu’ has been granted ‘official’ Ubuntu family status. Lubuntu 11.10 will be the first fully supported release, with its desktop packages made available in the Ubuntu repositories for users to install alongside their chosen desktop environment - as is currently the case with Kubuntu and Xubuntu. It is hoped the move will see Lubuntu achieve greater visibility within the community and beyond. Lubuntu is a lightweight Linux distribution based on Ubuntu that is aimed at computers...

Where can I find websites to know how to use Emacs to send and recieve emails?
Hi,I am interested in sending Email, using Emacs. I have not been able to find a website that explains how to send and read emails, and how to create an address book for Emacs. Could you give me any suggestions on that? Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day. >>>>> "takashi" == takashi <twakeshi@telus.net> writes: takashi> Hi,I am interested in sending Email, using Emacs. http://www.gnus.org is the home page for gnus. it's my favorite of the emacs email subsystems. a lot of other people seem to like, too. -- no toll on...

anyone in the USA
I stumbled over a box of thermal paper, still boxed, unused, maybe a little stale but VERY usable (Not gonna tell you when these were ordered, but I do have a 24 year old receipt) Originally 2 rolls fax paper, But a single cut with a hand held hacksaw and ta-da 2 rolls of 2040 thermal printer paper per roll of this stuff. basicly I'll send them for the postage costs should anyone want them. I have 4 boxes of 2 rolls which equates to 4 rolls of timex printer paper (unless you want them for the full size then that only 2 rolls of thermal fax paper) Let me know if interested. back th...

Several questions about Cisco devices and SNMP
Hello guys! I am implementing auto-discovering application based on SNMP protocol. Each network device (typically Cisco router or switch) is presented in my system in terms of templates. Templates specify the general structure of device class (number of interfaces, required attributes, etc). Thus, all registered devices are empty. The problem lies in filling all required attributes (interface's index, name, description). It's not a problem in simplest case - I can get these values via SNMP. All what should I know is OID. Suppose I want to fill three attributes for each of 26 interfac...

Anyone with a T22?
My husband recently purchased a T22 on ebay. The machine is in like new condition, but I have one problem... It was running win98se, so I purchased a win2k disk and installed it onto the laptop. Now I need the Thinkpad T22 drivers. I've downloaded and tried to install from IBM's site, but I've had no luck getting the video drivers to properly install. Anyone out there have an IBM T22 disk with the win2k drivers that I could borrow? Or anyone willing to make a copy of their disk and send it to me? I'd certainly appreciate it. Thank you, Brigitte Brigitte wrote: > My...

TiVo Expects to Top 10 mln Subscribers in 3-4 Years
NEW YORK, March 5 (Reuters) - TiVo Inc. (NASDAQ:TIVO) on Friday said it expects subscribers to its television recording service to increase dramatically and revenues to grow as much as 80 percent annually over the next three to four years, fueled by growing consumer acceptance of the technology. At a meeting with analysts, Chief Executive Michael Ramsey said he expects the service, which lets users customize `qtelevision viewing by recording shows on a built-in computer hard drive for playback later, to have more than 10 million subscribers -- up from its current total of 1.3 millio...

Re: What does colon after equal sign mean? #10
But the colon operator can work between two variables truncating the longer to length of the shorter during comparison... If a =: b; Both of these keep the observation: data test; a='a'; aa='aa'; if a=:aa; run; data test; a='a '; aa='aa'; if trim(a)=:aa; run; hth Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160 -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Gerhard Hellriegel Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 9:24 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: What does colon after equ...

Anyone want a Rescue on Fractalus cassette?
I recently purchased some software from a guy who threw this in as a bonus. While much appreciated, I unfortunately do not have a tape drive for my 8- bits. So, if anyone wants it, give me a yell. I have no way of knowing for sure that it works, but it's in excellent condition in its original hard case with instruction manual. -- Slor Despite all prevention efforts, Slor <slor@comcast.net> wrote in news:Xns9560AB2E4ACA7emuslor@130.133.1.4: > I recently purchased some software from a guy who threw this in as a > bonus. While much appreciated, I unfortunat...

Anyone at University of Waterloo ?
I'm an italian CS student, and I was looking for the following paper: Lewis Denver Baxter The Complexity of Unification (Supervisor: T. Pietrzykowski) The only places where I've found it are acm.org (but the links to purchase a copy go nowhere) and University of Waterloo Library: http://trellis1.tug-libraries.on.ca/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=1&ti=1,1&Search%5FArg=unification%20and%20complexity&SL=None&CNT=25&Search%5FCode=CMD%2A&PID=13251&SEQ=20061217030349&SID=1 I'm only intersted in an algorithm that the author uses to prove that the Subsumption ...

Solaris 9 Format Problem
Hello, Sun newbie here. I have a SparcStation 20 with an HDD that's too small to install Solaris 9 to. I just got an IBM 9.1 GB drive that is detected, but I can't install Solaris to it. I've read on Usenet that the problem that I'm having can be resolved by labelling the disk. I boot into single-user mode, then run format. I choose the drive (#0), then it asks for a type. I choose Autodetect (#0) and it asks to format the drive to 512-byte blocks. This takes a while, but it works. Then, I try to label: partition> label Ready to label disk, continue? y Warn...

need help to install existing disk onto new 10.20 LVM
I've got an HP 740 with hp/ux 10.20 system running LVM. I have an external scsi hd that used to be on a different HP 10.20 LVM system that has data on it I need. I would like to add it without losing the data. SAM sees this disk as "unused". I am not a sysadmin and know just enough to be dangerous (obviously, or I wouldn't be in this spot.) I would really appreciate a little guidance here. I'm afraid that I will wipe out the data if I take a wrong step. I don't have any other system to use to extract this data. The running HP system is a fresh install and ...

Does anyone have C library implementations?
Send me, if you have implementations for stdio.h, pls... maths_fan@mail.ru (maths_fan) wrote: >Send me, if you have implementations for stdio.h, pls... Google is your friend. And what is your C question? Please read the c.l.c welcome-message http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/bchambless0/welcome_to_clc.html and the c.l.c-faq http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html before posting here. Thank you. -- Irrwahn (irrwahn33@freenet.de) On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 05:13:09 -0700, maths_fan wrote: > Send me, if you have implementations for stdio.h, pls... http://www.gnu.org/directory/...

Has anyone...
got php and asp.net to run under IIS. If so, have you gotten php, asp.net and sharepoint to run under IIS? On 17 jul, 17:52, The Hajj <hajji.hims...@gmail.com> wrote: > got php and asp.net to run under IIS. If so, have you gotten php, > asp.net and sharepoint to run under IIS? it's a kind of poll? On Jul 17, 9:15=A0pm, Claudio Corlatti <corla...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 17 jul, 17:52, The Hajj <hajji.hims...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > got php and asp.net to run under IIS. If so, have you gotten php, > > asp.net and sharepoint to run under IIS? > &...

[ciao-users] container configuration
CIAO VERSION: 0.4.6 TAO VERSION : 1.4.6 ACE VERSION : 5.4.6 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Win XP Professional, Winsock 3.10.0.103 THE $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h FILE: #include "config-win32.h" CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/bin/MakeProjectCreator/config/default.features (used by MPC when you generate your own makefiles): ssl=0 qos=1 cidl=1 rwho=0 sctp=0 boost=1 AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: Deployment and Configuration of CIAO Components DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: OTHER : Configuring Container Properties ...

interpro usa (i know) because i've kept track of them
the agent i dealt with resigned i felt sorry it was im sorry i met him i'm ok with him my problem is i never had enough self assertion don't make me look up dictionary.com if assertion is spelt wrongly so it is assertation? ...

Anyone help with emulating Java URLConnection?
Hi, I have to emulate a "file upload" to a Java Servlet which is done with the class URLConnection. The java source basically does URLConnection conn = theurl.openConnection("https://somesite"); w = conn.getOutputStream(); w.write(...) A thing I'm unclear of is if this connection is actually encrypted over SSL. The other thing is if this just sends the bytes or also any HTTP headers I can think of three possible solutions: Use fopen: - I would have to recompile PHP for that and also it says: "failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable...

US-CA-Temecula: Sr. Project Eng., 10+yrs exp., CA Professional reg. (RCE/GE); Pe (45342658837)
US-CA-Temecula: Sr. Project Eng., 10+yrs exp., CA Professional reg. (RCE/GE); Pe (45342658837) ============================================================================================== Position: Sr. Project Eng. Reference: SMC01815 Location: Temecula CA Duration: Perm Skills: Masters degree in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical specialty. 10+yrs exp in managing public works, commercial, residential land development and construction projects. CA Professional registration (RCE / GE) is required ...

anyone has basic site??
hey, does anyone has a basic ruby on rails site with a db like a blog or eshop, so i can learn how this really works i m used to program php, a lot of difference, all the path stuff is an other system thanks in advance On Sep 24, 2005, at 8:51 AM, Nick wrote: > hey, > > does anyone has a basic ruby on rails site with a db like a blog or > eshop, > so i can learn how this really works You could try looking at a Rails tutorial, like: http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/01/20/rails.html There was a site created for last weeks Ruby Quiz: http://www.rubyquiz.com/qui...

Samba printing on Panther (OS X 10.3) foobar?
I used to share out a printer from my Mac (10.2) successfully. But now everything's foobar now that I've upgraded to Panther (10.3). An initial print job from Windows client works ok, but the job never gets out of the queue. The log.smbd file is filled with: ERROR: NULL dest in safe_strcpy Before I give any more details, I wanted to get a feel for whether this has been a common experience in upgrading to Panther. OK, these error messages don't seem to matter. I print to a 2nd color printer attached to Panther and I get these same error messages, but the job ...

Macintosh Classic- anyone? Anyone? Buehler?
Mother in law is a packrat and never disposed of my wife's Mac Classic. Cute little bug with a 5" screen and dot matrix printer. Other than a computer recycler, would anyone have a use for this? If there was a computer museum this would be a candidate. On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:11:30 -0400, Dave O wrote (in article <1159539090.450301.22640@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>): > Mother in law is a packrat and never disposed of my wife's Mac Classic. > Cute little bug with a 5" screen 9". All classic format Macs except the Color Classic had 9" screens. >...

Configuration Problem with call manager
Hello, First a bit of information on what we are using: Cisco Call manager 4 7940 series telephones, These phones have two incoming lines that can be used. Now we have the following situation: Caller A has an active telephone call. On the same number(second line) she is getting an second incoming call(Caller C). Now we want to create the following situation: 1. Caller A can hear that she is getting an second incoming call.(Fixed) 2. Caller C can hear that caller A has an other line(e.g. busy tone) 3. The phone of Caller A registers the phone call as an missed call(Fixed) Part 1 we alrea...