Does anyone know how to configure SNMP on solaris 10?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

under 10,

daemon is under /usr/sfw/bin/snmpd
configureaiton file is under /etc/sma/snmp/snmpd.conf

while 9 it is using /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx, /usr/lib/dmi/snmpXdmid
configuration is under /etc/snmp/conf/snmpd.conf

solaris 10 can't understand snmpd.conf from solaris 9.

What I want is I want NetPulse talk to Solaris 10 through snmp by a
rocommunity.

Please advise

0
Reply steeles 10/6/2006 2:16:54 AM

See related articles to this posting

On 2006-10-06, steeles <steeles@gmail.com> wrote:
> under 10,
>
> daemon is under /usr/sfw/bin/snmpd
> configureaiton file is under /etc/sma/snmp/snmpd.conf
>
> while 9 it is using /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx, /usr/lib/dmi/snmpXdmid
> configuration is under /etc/snmp/conf/snmpd.conf
>
> solaris 10 can't understand snmpd.conf from solaris 9.
>
> What I want is I want NetPulse talk to Solaris 10 through snmp by a
> rocommunity.
>
> Please advise

My notes on this:

Solaris 10

Install the SUNWsmmgr, SUNWsmcmd, SUNWsmagt and SUNWsmdoc packages.

cd /etc/sma/snmp
cp snmpd.conf snmpd.conf.dist
vi snmpd.conf
	set rocommunity
	set syslocation and syscontact
	Add a line for sysdescr

Edit /etc/ipf/ipf.conf to allow UDP access on port 161 from the
management stations:

	pass in quick proto udp from XXXXXXXXXXXXX to any port = 161
	pass in quick proto udp from XXXXXXXXXXXXX to any port = 161

Restart the firewall:
	svcadm restart ipfilter

Start it:
	/etc/rc3.d/S82initsma start
	(if this returns an error
		/etc/rc3.d/S82initsma: /usr/bin/zonename: not found

	then you will need to edit /etc/rc3.d/S82initsma - find the line
	that reads:

		ZONENAME=`/usr/bin/zonename`

	and change it to:

		if [ -x /usr/bin/zonename ]; then
		        ZONENAME=`/usr/bin/zonename`
		else
		        ZONENAME=.
		fi
	)

HTH

Ceri
                                                  -- Moliere
0
Reply Ceri 10/6/2006 3:04:37 PM
comp.unix.solaris 25796 articles. 88 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

SNMP Configuration in Solaris 10
Dear All, Can anybody tell how to configure SNMP in solaris 10. The older versions of Solaris we are editing the file: /etc/snmp/conf/snmp.conf. and restarting the service /etc/init.d/S76.snmpdx. But, how can we achieve it in Solaris 10. Please guide me. Thanks in advance.. Jins Thomas. ...

Configuration snmp Solaris 9 and 10
I installed netsnmp in Solaris 9 x86, the configuration archive is very vacant has few commentaries and almost no configuration, alguem can give one to me help of as to use the command snmpwalk in the Solaris? Another doubt is if I can substitute the archive of configuration of the net-SNMP of the solaris for one of linux? the net-SNMP in linux allows to use an addressing of arvore MIB pra execution of scripts, in the solaris is possible? Weder ...

anyone know where to get a gdb pkg for solaris 10
I would prefer for AMD64, but I have a sparc system I can work with too. I am guessing I can just build one for sparc, but do i have to do something special for amd64 (solaris 10 build 69)? Thanks. ~S shea martin wrote: > I would prefer for AMD64, but I have a sparc system I can work with too. > I am guessing I can just build one for sparc, but do i have to do > something special for amd64 (solaris 10 build 69)? > > Thanks. > > ~S Hi, gdb is part of the gcc package which you can get from www.blastwave.org FCS Solaris 10 is now available for download much better than...

VPN configuration for Solaris 8 and Solaris 10
Hi all, Would anybody happen to have a working configuration handy? I need to set up a Solaris 8 and 10 machine (two machines) to offer a duplicate of the console(s) via the VPN. Both are double-headed (two monitors). Thanks. Boris. Boris Epstein <borepstein@gmail.com> wrote: > Would anybody happen to have a working configuration handy? I need to > set up a Solaris 8 and 10 machine (two machines) to offer a duplicate > of the console(s) via the VPN. Both are double-headed (two monitors). I'm afraid what you're asking for isn't clear. You seem to be asking for t...

Sendmail on Solaris 10 u8 10/08 configuration problem
I have been configuring a Ultra 20 M2 with Solaris 10 u8 10/08 loaded from scratch on a new hard disk. Since the installation will include a Mailman mail server, I wanted to give sendmail a thorough checkout before proceeding. I had already set up three user accounts on the machine a couple of weeks ago. After changing DOMAIN to solaris-antispam (Sun STILL ships with relaying enabled) in main.mc, I did a quick check of the aliases file and added a couple for local use, then ran newaliases. Sending mail to any of the user accounts from another ISP, I got a "loops back to me" fa...

Boot Solaris Configuration Assistant in old Solaris x86 10 3/05
For reasons I'll not go into I'm forced to reinstall the old OS Solaris x86 10 3/05. It's been ages since I used this and after install I remember the x86 Configuration Assistant boot options screen which says something like: Running Configuration Assistant bootpath /pci@ (etc,etc) .....(etc) ....(etc) Type b [file name] etc or i <ENTER> or <ENTER> Select (b) boot or (i)interpreter And, if you don't type the correct thing, this boot menu loops on and off the screen for ever. Now, I seem to remember ages ago I used to type b kern...

SNMP and Solaris 10
I want to add SNMP to my Solaris 10 05/08 boxes. I installed SUNWsmmgr, SUNWsmcmd, SUNWsmagt, and SUNWsmdoc bash-3.00# /etc/init.d/init.sma start svcadm: Pattern 'svc:/application/management/sma:default' doesn't match any instances What am I missing? -- * John Oliver http://www.john-oliver.net/ * ...

New to Solaris: Installed Solaris 10: Keyboard mappings are all screwy: don't know why: help please
Hi all. I am relatively new to Unix. Not quite a newbie but close. Recently I installed Solaris 10 for x86. I pretty much accepted all the defaults on install. The system has come up perfectly except for a single thing. The 'keyboard mapping' is all screwed up. For example: <|> key is <~> key. When I press the <~> key I get a <?>. Can't even find the </> key. Here's what I've done with no effect: Changed the TERM environment variable to VT100 and exported it Changed the 'terminal character encoding' via the [Set Character Encod...

Solaris 10 Ldap Configuration
I am having a issue with Soalris 10 Client authentication. Same configuration works with Solaris 8 but not with Solaris 10. Solaris works with Development ldap server, which is not protected. Development Server ldaplist -l passwd skumar |grep user userPassword: {crypt}lYG6RxiiLYViA userDevices: laptop:latitude d610,043155 userDevices: rsa token: 000027334220 userDevices: blackberry: 201d3726 6462439926@tmomail.net(l) Production Server ldaplist -l passwd skumar |grep user userDevices: laptop:latitude d610,043155 userDevices: rsa token: 00002...

Solaris 10 RAID Configuration
I am installing Solaris 10 onto an x86 box (Dell PowerEdge 2300) with 5 hdd's. The box will be for experimental purposes...so I don't have any specific read/write criteria or performance issues to be concerned with. Essentially, I am playing around, but do want to use the box after for general file storage, testing scripts and such. My disk capacities are: disk 0 - 18GB disk 1 - 9.1GB disk 2 - 9.1GB disk 3 - 4.5GB disk 4 - 4.5GB I want to use RAID, and was thinking of using RAID 1. Is it possible to make (disk 1) + (disk 2) a logical drive, and then use that logical drive as the ...

SNMP agents on Solaris 10
Solaris 10 (6/06) seems to have two distinct SNMP daemons: snmpdx, which belongs to SUNWsasnm, and snmpd, which belongs to SUNWsmagt, and which is in fact Net-SNMP's daemon. I assumed that the Net-SNMP snmpd was something which was there to support some speficic application, probably one of these management console thingies which I never use. but looking at the documentation (http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-3000) it looks like no, it's just a version of Net-SNMP which Sun are shipping. Does anyone know if that's right? Why are there two daemons? is snmpdx on the way out? ...

Solaris 10 snmp subagent ?
Prior to Solaris 10, an snmpget bulk request, a V2 request, would fail with no reponse. On S10 I'm finding the request is translated to a V1 get_next request and passed to my subagent. The subagent handles two trees, and the object requested in not in tree 1, so the subagent response is for the first oid in tree2. With debugging enabled, snmpdx notes the 'Get-Next issued in the subtree 1 supported by my_agent returned a response in subtree 2 by my_agent. However, the response is returned to the remote requestor using the oid of the original request, not the oid from tree2. The subage...

configuring DNS on Solaris 10
Hi, I understand that, this group is for Linux.But,there might be someone who can help me. I am new to Solaris(migrating from Windows to Solaris).I have installed Solaris 10 on my PC. I have internet connection of VSNL(India) at my home.They have provided me a router. I have done full installation.Also all drivers necessary for networking are installed properly. I get dynamic IP address while connecting to internet. I want to configure DNS. But, I don't know how to configure it. My problem is ,I don't know what should I enter during configuration of DNS. For Name Service I selecte...

Configuring ipmon in Solaris 10
I can't find any configuration or runtime file for (base system) IPMON, and I want to change its runtime configuration. I am taking a guess that something like 'ipmon.conf' in /etc/ipf might work? > I can't find any configuration or runtime file for (base system) IPMON, and I > want to change its runtime configuration. Most changes to ipmon like log level or facility, etc are done in ipf.conf. -- Groetjes, Peter ..\\ PGP/GPG key: http://www.catslair.org/pubkey.asc On Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:29:23 +0000, Lion-O wrote: >> I can't find any configuration or runti...

snmp problem on solaris 10
Hi all, I get the following result: interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.1 = lo0 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.2 = bcme0 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets.1 = 0 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInOctets.2 = 0 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInUcastPkts.1 = 263926996 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInUcastPkts.2 = 143827372 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets.1 = 0 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets.2 = 0 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutUcastPkts.1 = 263926996 interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutUcastPkts.2 = 101605720 All the In/Out's Octets are zero. I cannot see why. Do you have any hi...

Solaris SNMP sample configurations
Does anyone have any sample configuration for Solaris SNMP? Please note, I am NOT looking for Net-SNMP configuration or looking to go to Net-SNMP. We currently have a Solaris server running Solaris 9 and running an an LDAP server that has some dependencies on the Solaris SNMP. With that being said, we would like to configure SNMP to gather process load, disk space and network utilization. Sun's documentation is pretty lean on the subject. Any links, confs or information would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Benjamin Schmaus ...

solaris 10 snmp question
Hello I want to send snmp traps on disk space usage. Can someone please give me a pointer on where to look at to configure this. Thanks Am 08.11.2011 12:43, schrieb brumik: > Hello > I want to send snmp traps on disk space usage. > > Can someone please give me a pointer on where to look at to configure > this. > > Thanks I dont know if this is possible but i used nagios for this matter. Just use DatacenterManager: http://java-apps.org/content/show.php/DatacenterManager?content=144298 You're welcome! Op 08-11-11 wk 45 12:43, brumik schreef: > Hello > I wan...

How to configure preinstalled Solaris 10
Let me start off by saying I'm new to Solaris coming from an HP-UX/FreeVSD/OpenBSD/Linux background. I just received an Ultra 40 workstation, which is supposed to have Solaris 10 preinstalled. The machine came W/O a few of the ordered items (extra disk, memory etc, but most importantly keyboard and mouse). I scrounged up a keyboard ad mouse, and there was a bit of confusion as the video card had 2 outputs. In any case, I do remember seeing some sort of selection menu pop up briefly, but while I was still trying to figure out what to choose there, it timed out and continued. Now, when I...

The SSH configuration in Solaris 10
Hello... I reinstalled my Solaris 8 box with Solaris 10, and of course I forgot to back up the ssh configuration :( If my memory is correct I installed the ssh-software by following a document I found on www.sun.com a couple of years ago... Well.. Previously I was able to connect to the server by using an ssh2-client I downloaded from ftp://ftp.ssh.com/pub/ssh (wintendo version).. When I try to connect to the server, the ssh-client says: Server responded "Key exchange failed.". Key exchange with the remote host failed. This can happen for example if the remote host computer ...

Configuring ipf on Solaris 10
Hello, I have a problem setting up ipfilter on my computer. Maybe someone in this newsgroup could help me with this. PRODUCT: Solarix 10 (x86) GA SUMMARY: IPF does not seem to work DESCRIPTION: I use the open source networking driver from Masayuki Murayama (http://homepage2.nifty.com/mrym3/taiyodo/eng/index.htm) for my National Semiconductor DP83815 ethernet card. It works very well. I am able to establish DSL connections to my ISP with pppd and pppoe. Now I try to block traffic on certain ports eg. 111 (sunrpc) with ipfilter. However I am unable to get it working. I have only one compu...

Anyone knows where the Solaris 8 MUs are?
With the new Sun Studio 11 available, I wanted to upgrade one of my compilation servers (Solaris intel). Unfortunately it is a Solaris 8 01/01 so I am not able to use the Blastwave supplied Subversion client due to the fact that libsendfile is missing. Well, when I tried to install samba, it displayed a link to a page where I was supposed to get S8 MU7 (http://access1.sun.com/Products/solaris/mu/data/S8_MU7/Solaris8_MU7.html) but when I try download the file, the file is not found :( Does anyone know where I can get the MU? or have they been dropped? Trond HI, trond.norbye@no.thalesgroup....

configuring crypt_md5 for php on solaris 10
Hi I'm having some issues with the crypt(md5), I have been moving some passwords from a php4 and linux based server to a solaris machine with php5. The passwords are not readable, and some investigation points to the default salt length being 2 compared to 13 on the other machine. How do I set the default salt length, is it somewhere in php.ini? Also assuming I set the default salt length will the passwords become useable again or is there some random data on the old server I need to capture before that will work. Any help is appreciated. Regards, Bob "Robert Easthope" <...

Anyone tried out Solaris 10 yet?
Does it: (1) Still install solaris 7, 8 and 9 packages? (2) Still place all its binaries in the same locations? (3) come with softdeps (logging) activated on filesystems with performance comparable with FreeBSD UFS+softdeps? (4) Have virtual consoles (vtys) (5) Run on sun4m? Say a sparcstation with 64mb ram? Also what are its minimum system requirements. I remember solaris 9 had 64mbram and sun4m, and 2gb disk as minimums. Does Solaris 10 come with much more bloat? In article <2f57764a.0403030607.6a5407e6@posting.google.com>, ghazan@ghazan.haider.name (Ghazan Haider) writes: > Does...

configuring DNS on Solaris 10 221369
Hi, I am new to Solaris(migrating from Windows to Solaris).I have installed Solaris 10 on my PC. I have internet connection of VSNL(India) at my home.They have provided me a router. I have done full installation.Also all drivers necessary for networking are installed properly. I get dynamic IP address while connecting to internet. I want to configure DNS. But, I don't know how to configure it. My problem is ,I don't know what should I enter during configuration of DNS. For Name Service I selected DNS. On next screen it asked me domain name. What should be the domain name?Is it any...