Does anyone know how to configure SNMP on solaris 10?

under 10,

daemon is under /usr/sfw/bin/snmpd
configureaiton file is under /etc/sma/snmp/snmpd.conf

while 9 it is using /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx, /usr/lib/dmi/snmpXdmid
configuration is under /etc/snmp/conf/snmpd.conf

solaris 10 can't understand snmpd.conf from solaris 9.

What I want is I want NetPulse talk to Solaris 10 through snmp by a
rocommunity.

Please advise

0
steeles

On 2006-10-06, steeles <steeles@gmail.com> wrote:
> under 10,
>
> daemon is under /usr/sfw/bin/snmpd
> configureaiton file is under /etc/sma/snmp/snmpd.conf
>
> while 9 it is using /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx, /usr/lib/dmi/snmpXdmid
> configuration is under /etc/snmp/conf/snmpd.conf
>
> solaris 10 can't understand snmpd.conf from solaris 9.
>
> What I want is I want NetPulse talk to Solaris 10 through snmp by a
> rocommunity.
>
> Please advise

My notes on this:

Solaris 10

Install the SUNWsmmgr, SUNWsmcmd, SUNWsmagt and SUNWsmdoc packages.

cd /etc/sma/snmp
cp snmpd.conf snmpd.conf.dist
vi snmpd.conf
	set rocommunity
	set syslocation and syscontact
	Add a line for sysdescr

Edit /etc/ipf/ipf.conf to allow UDP access on port 161 from the
management stations:

	pass in quick proto udp from XXXXXXXXXXXXX to any port = 161
	pass in quick proto udp from XXXXXXXXXXXXX to any port = 161

Restart the firewall:
	svcadm restart ipfilter

Start it:
	/etc/rc3.d/S82initsma start
	(if this returns an error
		/etc/rc3.d/S82initsma: /usr/bin/zonename: not found

	then you will need to edit /etc/rc3.d/S82initsma - find the line
	that reads:

		ZONENAME=`/usr/bin/zonename`

	and change it to:

		if [ -x /usr/bin/zonename ]; then
		        ZONENAME=`/usr/bin/zonename`
		else
		        ZONENAME=.
		fi
	)

HTH

Ceri
                                                  -- Moliere
0
Ceri

VPN configuration for Solaris 8 and Solaris 10
Hi all, Would anybody happen to have a working configuration handy? I need to set up a Solaris 8 and 10 machine (two machines) to offer a duplicate of the console(s) via the VPN. Both are double-headed (two monitors). Thanks. Boris. Boris Epstein <borepstein@gmail.com> wrote: > Would anybody happen to have a working configuration handy? I need to > set up a Solaris 8 and 10 machine (two machines) to offer a duplicate > of the console(s) via the VPN. Both are double-headed (two monitors). I'm afraid what you're asking for isn't clear. You seem to be asking for t...

SNMP Configuration in Solaris 10
Dear All, Can anybody tell how to configure SNMP in solaris 10. The older versions of Solaris we are editing the file: /etc/snmp/conf/snmp.conf. and restarting the service /etc/init.d/S76.snmpdx. But, how can we achieve it in Solaris 10. Please guide me. Thanks in advance.. Jins Thomas. ...

Sun Solaris Certification
Dear all: I am wondering what will be the right decision regarding Sun Solaris Certification, should I take Solaris 9 certification or should I go for Solaris 10. As I am quiet new in the Solaris field, question arises in my mind, if I get training on Solaris 10, can I easily work on Solaris 9 or Solaris 8 environment ? If any company works on Solaris 9 boxes, whom he will give preference first, Solaris 9 Admin or Solaris 10 Admin, or it does not matter on Solaris version ? Thanks in advance. Best reagrds zaki <shamim.zaki@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162158973.912696.111680...

Configuration snmp Solaris 9 and 10
I installed netsnmp in Solaris 9 x86, the configuration archive is very vacant has few commentaries and almost no configuration, alguem can give one to me help of as to use the command snmpwalk in the Solaris? Another doubt is if I can substitute the archive of configuration of the net-SNMP of the solaris for one of linux? the net-SNMP in linux allows to use an addressing of arvore MIB pra execution of scripts, in the solaris is possible? Weder ...

How-to upgrade from Solaris 10 08/07 to Solaris 10 10/98
Hi, on a M4000 host... How can I upgrade from Solaris 10 08/07 to Solaris 10 10/98... we don't need Live upgrade... so OK boot cdrom -u is it OK? Regards. Hi, > on a M4000 host... How can I upgrade from Solaris 10 08/07 to Solaris > 10 10/98... we don't need Live upgrade... so is it OK this procedure? ... OK boot cdrom - nowin select upgrade .... do I must select networked system? or can I skeep it so when Solaris reboot use my "on-disk" configuration? Regards. ...

Question: C2 Security Configuration for general Unix and Solaris/Trusted Solaris (Auditing)
While reviewing the DoD 5200.28-STD "DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE TRUSTED COMPUTER SYSTEM EVALUATION CRITERIA" document and looking over "Security Requirements for Automatic Data Processing (ADP) Systems," for Federal systems requiring C2 compliance I realized that I do not understand the distinction between Solaris and Trusted Solaris. On the issue of Accountability(auditing) 1. Can Unix machines using only the syslogd facility meet 'C2' or higher? 2. Does Trusted Solaris offer any system resource advantage (CPU and Disk utilization) over Solaris usi...

Boot Solaris Configuration Assistant in old Solaris x86 10 3/05
For reasons I'll not go into I'm forced to reinstall the old OS Solaris x86 10 3/05. It's been ages since I used this and after install I remember the x86 Configuration Assistant boot options screen which says something like: Running Configuration Assistant bootpath /pci@ (etc,etc) .....(etc) ....(etc) Type b [file name] etc or i <ENTER> or <ENTER> Select (b) boot or (i)interpreter And, if you don't type the correct thing, this boot menu loops on and off the screen for ever. Now, I seem to remember ages ago I used to type b kern...

Why would a solaris 10 u3 not be upgradeable to solaris 10 u4?
Trying to upgrade to solaris 10 8/07 but not having much luck. my setup is a mirrored boot with a solaris 10 and solaris express installed on sparc. nothing to special. It will not upgrade my solaris 10 of CD or jumpstart. It sits on 0% Solaris 10 Software [Initializing... ] for about an hour then tells me its failed. Any ideas? ...

solaris 9 AND solaris 10
hi *, Can <subject> be installed together on one sparc ultra 5? rthanks for any help. Yes. On two disks, easily. On one disk it's more involved, but IIRC is do-able, providing you slice things up properly and don't try to do things like share /, /usr etc. Alternatively, investigate LiveUpgrade which makes the whole process a lot easier. -Mark ...

solaris 8 to solaris 10
Hi, all, We are trying to upgrade our oracle database server which is running Oracle9i from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10, I will appraciate if any gurus had such experience to share to give me some suggestions or head up. Thanks a lot. So far, I know I will need to break the Sun Volume Manager controlled root mirror, and do the oracle excutable relink. Do I have to upgrade to Solaris 9 then to 10? ( I prefer to go to 10 directly ). Do I need to implement the latest recommended patch to Solaris 8 then upgrade? Thanks a lot for any advice In article <db922e37-d400-4239-aab0-29cb07fddb3d@t54g20...

solaris 8 to solaris 10
Hi! I'm searching any suggestion about upgrade solaris 8 to solaris 10. All about this procedure. Problem? Tips? People said to erase all the mirror (disksuite). People said to install all the reccomended patch under solaris 8 and then migrate. People said......... Many thks for the help! I have some problem to do this procedure.... Jup wrote: > Hi! > I'm searching any suggestion about upgrade solaris 8 to solaris 10. > > All about this procedure. > Problem? > Tips? > > People said to erase all the mirror (disksuite). > People said to install all t...

anyone know where to get a gdb pkg for solaris 10
I would prefer for AMD64, but I have a sparc system I can work with too. I am guessing I can just build one for sparc, but do i have to do something special for amd64 (solaris 10 build 69)? Thanks. ~S shea martin wrote: > I would prefer for AMD64, but I have a sparc system I can work with too. > I am guessing I can just build one for sparc, but do i have to do > something special for amd64 (solaris 10 build 69)? > > Thanks. > > ~S Hi, gdb is part of the gcc package which you can get from www.blastwave.org FCS Solaris 10 is now available for download much better than...

Process Scehduling in Unix version Sun Solaris (I know this is the linux group but I couldnt find a sun solaris one)
I just needed to find out how processes are scheduled in Sun's solaris and an outline of the scheduling algorithm - I've looked on the web without anyluck - couldnt find anything specific. "Amerz" <amerdeep@gmail.com> writes: > I just needed to find out how processes are scheduled in Sun's solaris > and an outline of the scheduling algorithm - I've looked on the web > without anyluck - couldnt find anything specific. > Assuming oyu mean threads too, then you didnt look very hard - first search gives this: http://www.google.de/search?q=solaris+ke...

New to Solaris: Installed Solaris 10: Keyboard mappings are all screwy: don't know why: help please
Hi all. I am relatively new to Unix. Not quite a newbie but close. Recently I installed Solaris 10 for x86. I pretty much accepted all the defaults on install. The system has come up perfectly except for a single thing. The 'keyboard mapping' is all screwed up. For example: <|> key is <~> key. When I press the <~> key I get a <?>. Can't even find the </> key. Here's what I've done with no effect: Changed the TERM environment variable to VT100 and exported it Changed the 'terminal character encoding' via the [Set Character Encod...

SN#20552 Running Solaris 8 and 9 Applications on Solaris 10 with Solaris Containers
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 127 Issue 1 2008-09-01 Article 20552 from section "BigAdmin" BigAdmin XPerts Session The BigAdmin XPert sessions all BigAdmin community members to interact with experts who will answers questions for the whole community to see. In a recent session, Jeff Victor was the expert and the topic was, "Running Solaris 8 and 9 Applications on Solaris 10 with Solaris Containers". Jeff Victor authored the Sun BluePrints document "Solaris Containers Technology Architecture Guide", &qu...

Upgrading Solaris 10 11/06 to Solaris 10 08/07
Hello, normally when I install a new version of Solaris. I use a full automatic installation and call cfengine later on to do the system configuration. But at the moment I am in an environment where cfengine does not exist. So I would like to know if there is a way to tell Solaris that it should install the newest available version of the installed packages and new extra dependencies. Or is there any other update mechanism to lift a system from Solaris 10 11/06 to Solaris 10 08/07 without reinstalling it manually. Thomas Thomas Glanzmann <sithglan@stud.uni-erlangen.de> writes: ...

Jumpstart solaris 10 b69 and solaris 10 b72 on an Ultra 30
I am trying to jumpstart a Sun Ultra 30 using Solaris 10 b69 (b72 gives the same results) from a Linux jumpstart server. I have scripts for all this (soon to be release opensource!) but ...although I can get b55, beta5(b60) and b63 and b55 to work b63 and b72 do not work! since this is an Ultra 30 I went to http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Devices/Boot_PROM/BootPROM_Sun4u.html and ran Patch 105930-06 with no problems. Even now it does not boot. - bpgetfile shows all parameters can be retreived ok. - nfs mounts all work - pfinstall shows the profile is ok - I've checked the rule...

Solaris 10 (build 63) upgrade fails on Solaris 8 as well as Solaris 9 sparcs
Hello Using the Solaris 10 build 63 for sparc. Tried to do upgrades on the following two machines. 1. E4500 Solaris 8 (117350-11 Kernel level) Entire Distribution OEM support cluster, OBP 3.2.30. 2. Ultra 2 Solaris 9 Entire Distribution and OEM support cluster. On both machines the upgrade starts when I put the CD 1 and and reaches to the point where I have to select whether I want to do "Initial Install" or "Upgrade". When I check upgrade it starts initializing the system and halfway through I get the follwoing error "Could not reinitialize the sy...

Keepalive in Solaris Express and Solaris 10
Is there any way to discover when features introduced in Solaris Express will find their way into Solaris 10 or 11? The one I'm particularly interested in is the per-socket TCP keepalive tunables which were introduced in Solaris Express 4/05. I'd be grateful for any information on availability of this feature in Solaris 10. J. J. Farrell wrote: > Is there any way to discover when features introduced in Solaris > Express will find their way into Solaris 10 or 11? > > The one I'm particularly interested in is the per-socket TCP keepalive > tunables which were intro...

Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 upgrade
Hi All, We have a v440 Machine running solaris 8 and we are planning to upgrade the OS to solaris 10. No Vxvm is used and all the disks including the root disks are mirrored using solaris disk suite. Can any one please help me out by directing me to some documentations providing some plan of action if any one have done this thing earliear. Thanks Alok 9886606557 alok wrote at 25.08.2009 07:10 > We have a v440 Machine running solaris 8 and we are planning to > upgrade the > OS to solaris 10. No Vxvm is used and all the disks including the root > disks > are mirrored using sola...

Solaris 9 vs. Solaris 10?
I recently changed my x86 version of Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 at home, and so far I really like what I see. I never installed Solaris 9. What were the major differences between Solaris 9 and Solaris 10? - Scott Smith: scott.smith@iphouse.com MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/choppersmith S. Smith <scott.smith@iphouse.com> wrote: > > I recently changed my x86 version of Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 > at home, and so far I really like what I see. > > I never installed Solaris 9. What were the major differences between > Solaris 9 and Sol...

Solaris 9 or Solaris 10 for newbie?
Soon I'll be receiving my first Sun workstation (W2100z) with Solaris 9 and Java Desktop 2 preinstalled. As a user fairly new to Solaris - I've been using Linux as main OS since last August, Windows for years prior to that - would I be best off utilizing the preinstalled Solaris 9 or installing Solaris 10? I've been leaning towards Solaris 10 and just wanted some 'professional' inputs on the idea. My primary goal is learning Solaris and I won't mind reinstalling Solaris 10 later in the year when all the other features are fully integrated [ZFS, Janus, etc.]. I'v...

Live upgrade failure: Solaris 10 -> Solaris 10 update 1.
I'm trying to update my Ultra 80 from Solaris 10 to Solaris 10 update 1. This is what I did. 1) downloaded the DVD image parts 2) Unziped and created the iso image. The md5 checksum agrees with one I found on the web. (Why don't Sun put them on a web page???) % /usr/local/bin/md5sum /mnt2/sol10-u1.iso 3993081fd5d8cde9c065f5ff584a8d17 /mnt2/sol10-u1.iso 3) Put the DVD iso on a SPARC 20, 4) used lofiadm on the SS20 to make the iso available as a file system. 5) Shared the file system. 6) created the boot environment solenv2, which went without problems. This used another disk syst...

Installing Solaris 10 or Solaris 9
Hi there, I have an old Sun Box, is an Ultra SPARC-IIi 300MHz, right now I am using Solaris 9. I have a two parts question, first one is, can I install Solaris 10 on this machine?, maybe is just to outdated for it. Second question is, can I download all the Solaris 9 software from "www.sun.com" as DVD, into a Windows XP box, them burn them as a DVD, will it work on my Sun Box?, or once I download them in to the Windows box, do I have to expand each zip file, them burn them into a DVD, and again the same question will it work on the Sun Box? Thanks. Alfonso G. Urroz "Alfonso...

Web resources about - Does anyone know how to configure SNMP on solaris 10? - comp.unix.solaris

configure script - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A Configure script is an executable script designed to aid in developing a program to be run on a wide number of different computers. It matches ...

CloudNex correctly configures NetSuite for retailer
IT consultant and NetSuite solution provider, CloudNex has implemented a NetSuite configuration for local fashion designer and retailer, Briggins. ...

Cydia Tweak: How To Configure A Touch ID Grace Period For Your iPhone 5s
... Into A Paid Subscription , and Facebook’s Paper Launches In The App Store, Brings A More Elegant News Feed To iOS . Cydia Tweak: How To Configure ...

Configure - Apple
Get free shipping on iMac with Retina 5K display from the Apple Online Store. It packs 14.7 million pixels into its 27-inch display, and it features ...

Xcode Continuous Integration Guide: Configure Bots to Perform Continuous Integrations
Provides guidelines and examples for using Xcode continuous integration features.

Apple TV to get automatic "touch to configure" setup via Bluetooth 4.0, iOS 7
Apple appears to be using a novel device setup method to ease initial configuration of Apple TV under iOS 7, using an NFC-like touch without ...

Model brain with 2.5 million neurons configures itself to solve problems
Chris Eliasmith, et. al Over the last few years, the meteoric rise of computing power has allowed us to build ever-larger collections of model ...

Time to configure your McLaren 650S
Filed under: Car Buying , Convertible , Coupe , Performance , McLaren If you're like us, Friday afternoons are the bane of your existence - ...

Customize and configure your PC with Windows Tweaker 5.0
Windows is a highly configurable operating system, with hundreds of settings and options available. But taking full advantage of this can be ...