Gnome won't start now on NFS mounted home dirs

After rebooting hosts (Solaris 9) that previously run Gnome 2 without
problems I can't start it again. It starts on hosts that had not been
rebooted yet.
Also, some another application won't start now, so I assume it is
because of the same cause.
Here are some more information from developer who can't start his
application:

> I can start it from some non-nfs mounted dir such as /tmp.

> When starting from /home/xxxxx, it's the WatchDog (the first parent
> process) that got blocked. Truss output shows
>
> fcntl(4, F_SETLKW, 0x0013C264)  (sleeping...)
>

> dbx stack is:
>
> (dbx) where

> =>[1] _private_fcntl(0x4, 0x7, 0x13c264, 0xfebc2dd0, 0x5, 0x0), at
> 0xfed1bd7c
>
>  [2] _fcntl(0x4, 0x7, 0x13c264, 0xfed3c000, 0x2, 0xffbff8d4), at
> 0xfed15d0c
>
>  [3] fcntl(0x4, 0x7, 0x13c264, 0x6f636b00, 0x81010100, 0xff00), at
> 0xfebce5f4
>
>  [4] CCnROT::cleanup(0x13c200, 0x102, 0x180, 0x2, 0x1, 0x0), at

0xb0c4c

>>  [5] CCnROT::init(0x13c200, 0x0, 0x102, 0x0, 0x4, 0xff30a0c4), at
>> 0xb0824
>>
>>  [6] CROTInitializer::CROTInitializer(0x1138f4, 0x10f998,
0xff01a014,
>> 0xda400, 0x14788, 0x13c200), at 0xb1c48
>>
>>  [7] __STATIC_CONSTRUCTOR(0xb1be0, 0xda618, 0xda5b9, 0x1138e0,

0xda651,

>> 0x113800), at 0xb1dbc
>>
>>  [8] 0xc2de4(0x10f998, 0x10f800, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0), at 0xc2de3

May some latest patches applied to file server (Solaris 8) affect NFS
such a way? Do I need to patch all my Solaris 9 hosts because, say, Sun
decided to correct some locking issues in NFS implementation?

0
fox (4)

Print Spooler won't start; dependent on lexbces.exe but that won't start either; So why?
Windows XP Home SP2 I have two Lexmark printers installed (or at least I used to). Actually, I have the Lexmark folders in Program Files, but the printers don't seem to be installed anymore. The printers are Lexmark 640 series Lexmark 2400 series They pretty much worked until just now. In the Printer and Faxes folder I only see the Add Printer and nothing else. When I try to start Add Printer, I get an alert saying the Printer Spool service isn't running. When I go to (run) services.msc , I find that Print Spooler is stopped. (It's stopped and) It won'...

NFS mount won't mount at boot, but mount -a works fine.
I'm trying to get an NFS share to mount at boot time, but it won't. However, mount -a works just fine. I've tried playing with the retry= option with no luck. nsswitch.conf is hosts: files dns, and I have an entry for the host in /etc/hosts. The client machine is SUSE 8 (2.4 kernel), the server is SUSE 9 (2.6 kernel). My fstab entry looks like this: storage01:/array/ /home/array nfs rw,auto,sync Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks, Brian On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:03:55 +0000, BT wrote: > I'm trying to get an NFS share to mount at boot time, but it won&#...

Willie won't, Willie won't, won't go!
Ah yes, some 70s nostalgia tunes. ...

database layouts won't print, now database won't open
using Mac OS 10.3.4, filemaker pro 7. working with a database converted from filemaker 3. Everything seemed to be fine. Created a new table and imported data into that from another Filemaker 3 database (someone else created these). Layouts were created very easilly. I go to print a layout (label) and choose ALL and it will only print one record, no matter what I put in the print dialogue box. Open other databases and they all printed fine in similar layouts. Tried to "recover' it, thinking it was somehow corrupted (the woman was having a hard time printing it. I thought it was...

Files won't display, directory won't delete, drive won't format
After having a few slow-access problems, I ran a virus scan (McAfee) on my D: drive (second HDD, 15Gb). To my surprise, the scan listed a directory and files which I didn't recognise: I didn't note any full pathnames, but a typical one was something like D:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21... Dd159.zip . I wondered if this was anything to do with the Recycle bin, despite the fact that I'd emptied it immediately before the scan. No viruses were detected, but when I ran an error check I got the message "the scan could not be completed". As a precaution I decided to ba...

HELP: Classic Won't Launch - Problems Have Escalated
System: MDD DP with OS 10.4.8. Three physical HD's. Two with Tiger installed (one is the major HD and the other is the emergency boot drive with just a virgin system on it) and one with just games, no OS. I tried to boot into OS 9.2.2 (this particular G4 is OS 9.2.2 bootable), It boots but once the desktop appears moving the mouse over the menu bar has no effect. Menus don't pull down and the only way to shutdown is via a hard shutdown. When I try Target Disk Mode with an iBook G4, the only drive that mounts is the games drive which has no system on it. I can't get the opitcal dri...

Voange WRT54GP2 router to Fedora Core 5
Issue: Cannot get Fedora Core 5 computer to boot up eth0 and get IP and DNS addresses from my Vonage Linksys router, WRT54GP2. Windows XP machines boot and get connected with no problem. I have a Fedora Core 5 server that I have always used on my broadband connection. I am using Comcast high speed cable with their modem, a Scientific Atlanta WebSTAR. Previously, I would connect my modem directly to my FC5 box on a network card, configured as eth0, and have DHCP enabled to get the IP address and the DNS server info. I have a second NIC setup as eth1 and this would connect to a hub and ...

Problem updating bios V20Z. SP went ok, bios won't go and machines won't start anymore
Hi, Got three V20Z's here, which needed a SP/BIOS update. All updated to 2.4.0.10 SP without problem One of them updated BIOS to 1.35.2.2 without problem. The other two didn't want there BIOS updated. What even makes it worse is that they won't start at all anymore! Tried all sort's of things, resetting SP, clearing CMOS, reverting SP to older versios, etc. etc. Nothing which solved it This is what it shows when I try to update localhost $ platform set os state update-bios /mnt/sw_images/platform/firmware/bios/V1.35.2.2/bios.sp This command may take several minutes. Plea...

Problem updating bios V20Z. SP went ok, bios won't go and machines won't start anymore
Hi, Got three V20Z's here, which needed a SP/BIOS update. All updated to 2.4.0.10 SP without problem One of them updated BIOS to 1.35.2.2 without problem. The other two didn't want there BIOS updated. What even makes it worse is that they won't start at all anymore! Tried all sort's of things, resetting SP, clearing CMOS, reverting SP to older versios, etc. etc. Nothing which solved it This is what it shows when I try to update localhost $ platform set os state update-bios /mnt/sw_images/platform/firmware/bios/V1.35.2.2/bios.sp This command may take several minutes. ...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "random freezes...get new kernel...now wireless won't work...drivers won't activate"
"Darnit. I've been having the same problems with ubuntu just not responding. I tried updating to the latest kernel, did it but now my wireless won't work. And the drivers won't active. I'm wondering if this problem is happening while I'm running transmission.... If not I hope they release the fix in 10.04.1" #604 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1478787&page=61 Keep hope alive! What you're experiencing is the result of low pay, laziness and apathy, traits common amongst Linux "developers". ...

Matlab Won't start and I can't uninstall it
Hey guys, Matlab has been working a dream for me on my windows 7 notebook. But I haven't used it for a while and now when i attempt to open Matlab, the icon appears on the start menu bar and then dissapears. If I check in Task Manager it says that Matlab is running and using up to 50% of my CPU, however there is no way I can access the program istelf. In desperation I decided to uninstall and reinstall, however the same thing happened, the uninstaller opened then closed unexpectedly even though Task Manager reported it to still be running. Any ideas? Help would be very much appreciated...

eMac wouldn't boot, now won't power up
Hi folks, got a bad problem here. I was burning a CD. Halfway through the burn, the spinning beach ball came up. Stayed that way for a long time. Force quitting didn't work. Couldn't log out or restart either. Had to power off. Then, when I turned it back on, the flashing question mark inside the folder came up on the screen. I removed the half-burned CD, put in the Panther install CD and booted up off of that. I launched Disk Utility, and it couldn't see the drive. I rebooted using the Apple Hardware Test CD and it saw the drive. Rebooted off the Panther install ...

Perl's DBD::mysql will 'make' but won't 'make test' on Solaris 10
Hey all, I've posted this previously on a mysql group to no avail, so I thought I might ask and see if anyone here has any ideas since it seems to be having problems with a Solaris supplied library (libmtmalloc.so.1) I am running solaris 10, with the solaris cc compiler. the module compiles fine. however, the first test of 'make test' fails as below. I've cut most of the bloated output, but if anyone thinks it would help I could certainly post it. If this has nothing to do with Solaris let me know, and accept my apologies. TIA, -jp Running make test PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /u...

can't stay still and fs won't start
1. Now! when I put the brake on I expect to kinda stay still. I just downloaded the C-133 from AVSIM and I cannot get it to stay still. Can anyone tell me how to tweak the cfg file to achieve the static state?? 2. The same c-133 will not load from the create flight screen!! I have had to start with the cessna and then load the thing after followed by saving it so that I have a saved game from which to commence. Flightsim does everything properly up the fly now point then simply sghuts down. This is the only aeroplane it does it with. Any idea??? TVM folks. ...

Web resources about - Gnome won't start now on NFS mounted home dirs - comp.unix.solaris