How to change IP address & subnet mask without using sys-unconfig ?

I tried changing the IP address and subnet mask values on my Solaris
10 x86 system earlier, using the
sys-unconfig command.  Upon rebooting, I was asked a series of
questions, where I re-entered
a new value for the IP address, subnet mask, hostname, etc.

But after rebooting, I ran into this problem:

"The DT messaging system could not be started".

So I really don't want to use the sys-unconfig command if I don't have
to.

If I just need to change the IP address and subnet mask on Solaris 10
x86,
how do I do this manually, without using the sys-unconfig command?
Thanks in advance.

On Jun 17, 8:31 pm, Michelle <serendipity1...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I tried changing the IP address and subnet mask values on my Solaris
> 10 x86 system earlier, using the
> sys-unconfig command.  Upon rebooting, I was asked a series of
> questions, where I re-entered
> a new value for the IP address, subnet mask, hostname, etc.
>
> But after rebooting, I ran into this problem:
>
> "The DT messaging system could not be started".
>
> So I really don't want to use the sys-unconfig command if I don't have
> to.
>
> If I just need to change the IP address and subnet mask on Solaris 10
> x86,
> how do I do this manually, without using the sys-unconfig command?
> Thanks in advance.

Take a look at:

/etc/inet/hosts
/etc/inet/hosts.saved {what it was before you nuked it}
/etc/inet/netmasks
/etc/inet/networks
/etc/hostname.*
/etc/nodename

\:-\
0
ThanksButNo
6/18/2009 5:56:44 AM
Michelle wrote:
> I tried changing the IP address and subnet mask values on my Solaris
> 10 x86 system earlier, using the
> sys-unconfig command.  Upon rebooting, I was asked a series of
> questions, where I re-entered
> a new value for the IP address, subnet mask, hostname, etc.
>
> But after rebooting, I ran into this problem:
>
> "The DT messaging system could not be started".

What is "The DT messaging system"?

> So I really don't want to use the sys-unconfig command if I don't have
> to.
>
> If I just need to change the IP address and subnet mask on Solaris 10
> x86,
> how do I do this manually, without using the sys-unconfig command?
> Thanks in advance.

See man sys-unconfig for a list of the files it touches.  Everything it
does, you can do by hand if you know how to use an editor; it's just
more work!

0
Richard
6/18/2009 11:58:52 AM
Richard B. Gilbert wrote at 18.06.2009 13:58
>> "The DT messaging system could not be started".
>
> What is "The DT messaging system"?

"The DT messaging system could not be started.
To correct the problem:
....some hints...

For additional information, see the DT User's Guide."

This message appears only if you choose CDE as your GUI session, and if
the hosts own name resolution isn't possible (means name in
/etc/hostname.<IF> and corresponding IP address in /etc/hosts or name
service.

> See man sys-unconfig for a list of the files it touches.  Everything it
> does, you can do by hand if you know how to use an editor; it's just
> more work!

sys-unconfig is mostly a bad idea to solve such problems.

Michael

0
Michael
6/18/2009 12:58:10 PM
Michael Weis wrote:
> Richard B. Gilbert wrote at 18.06.2009 13:58
>>> "The DT messaging system could not be started".
>>
>> What is "The DT messaging system"?
>
> "The DT messaging system could not be started.
> To correct the problem:
> ...some hints...
>
> For additional information, see the DT User's Guide."
>

> This message appears only if you choose CDE as your GUI session, and if
> the hosts own name resolution isn't possible (means name in
> /etc/hostname.<IF> and corresponding IP address in /etc/hosts or name
> service.
>
>> See man sys-unconfig for a list of the files it touches.  Everything
>> it does, you can do by hand if you know how to use an editor; it's
>> just more work!
>
> sys-unconfig is mostly a bad idea to solve such problems.
>
> Michael

I don't think I suggested USING sys-unconfig.  The man page, however,
identifies most, if not all, of the files affected by initial configuration.

0
Richard

Michelle wrote:
> I tried changing the IP address and subnet mask values on my Solaris
> 10 x86 system earlier, using the
> sys-unconfig command.  Upon rebooting, I was asked a series of
> questions, where I re-entered
> a new value for the IP address, subnet mask, hostname, etc.
>
> But after rebooting, I ran into this problem:
>
> "The DT messaging system could not be started".
>
> So I really don't want to use the sys-unconfig command if I don't have
> to.
>
> If I just need to change the IP address and subnet mask on Solaris 10
> x86,
> how do I do this manually, without using the sys-unconfig command?
> Thanks in advance.

/etc/hosts
/etc/netmask

Also check /etc/hostname.<interface> if you have a hostname/ipadress there

/michael
0
Michael

Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
> Michelle wrote:
>> I tried changing the IP address and subnet mask values on my Solaris
>> 10 x86 system earlier, using the
>> sys-unconfig command.  Upon rebooting, I was asked a series of
>> questions, where I re-entered
>> a new value for the IP address, subnet mask, hostname, etc.
>>
>> But after rebooting, I ran into this problem:
>>
>> "The DT messaging system could not be started".
>
> What is "The DT messaging system"?
>

>> So I really don't want to use the sys-unconfig command if I don't have
>> to.
>>
>> If I just need to change the IP address and subnet mask on Solaris 10
>> x86,
>> how do I do this manually, without using the sys-unconfig command?
>> Thanks in advance.
>
> See man sys-unconfig for a list of the files it touches.  Everything it
> does, you can do by hand if you know how to use an editor; it's just
> more work!

sys-unconfig does alot more that ipadress and netmask, so that will not
help him since he ask how to do it!

sys-unconfig will be like a fresh installs 1000 questions.

/michael
0
Michael
6/18/2009 8:22:29 PM
Michael Laajanen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
>> Michelle wrote:
>>> I tried changing the IP address and subnet mask values on my Solaris
>>> 10 x86 system earlier, using the
>>> sys-unconfig command.  Upon rebooting, I was asked a series of
>>> questions, where I re-entered
>>> a new value for the IP address, subnet mask, hostname, etc.
>>>
>>> But after rebooting, I ran into this problem:
>>>
>>> "The DT messaging system could not be started".
>>
>> What is "The DT messaging system"?
>>

>>> So I really don't want to use the sys-unconfig command if I don't have
>>> to.
>>>
>>> If I just need to change the IP address and subnet mask on Solaris 10
>>> x86,
>>> how do I do this manually, without using the sys-unconfig command?
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> See man sys-unconfig for a list of the files it touches.  Everything
>> it does, you can do by hand if you know how to use an editor; it's
>> just more work!
>>
> sys-unconfig does alot more that ipadress and netmask, so that will not
> help him since he ask how to do it!
>
> sys-unconfig will be like a fresh installs 1000 questions.
>
> /michael

Did you see where I wrote "SEE MAN SYS-UNCONFIG"???????   I didn't say
USE sys-unconfig!!!!!  You can edit any or all of the file listed and
change as little or as much as you wish.
0
Richard

Changing IP address on Solaris 9 with multiple virtual IP addresses
Hi We are running Solaris 9 and have configured the one physical NIC with 2 IP addresses allowing us to run 2 web servers and keep both on port 80. Is changing the IP address assigned to each host as simple as changing the entries in /etc/inet/hosts or do I need to start messing with ifconfig? TIA Robert robert.day@DONTNEEDTHISBITcambridgeshire.go.uk In article <63f953b1.0412090337.3833f9e@posting.google.com>, robertday@hotmail.com (Robert Day) writes: > Hi > > We are running Solaris 9 and have configured the one physical NIC with > 2 IP addresses allowing us to run 2 we...

Getting IP Address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway using VB6
Hi Is there a way to find out the three parameters specified in the Local Area connection Status namely IP Address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway using VB6? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Valiz. On 16 Apr 2004 20:33:38 -0700, deva8601@uidaho.edu (Valiz) wrote: >Hi >Is there a way to find out the three parameters specified in the Local >Area connection Status namely IP Address, Subnet Mask and Default >Gateway using VB6? >Any help would be greatly appreciated. >Thanks in advance, >Valiz. Here you go. Paste the following code in a standard module. Option Explicit Option Compare Text Private Type WSADATA wVersion As Integer wHighVersion As Integer szDescription(0 To 255) As Byte szSystemStatus(0 To 127) As Byte wMaxSockets As Integer wMaxUDPDG As Integer dwVendorInfo As Long End Type Private Type IP_ADDR_STRING dwNext As Long IpAddress As String * 16 IpMask As String * 16 Context As Long End Type Private Type IP_ADAPTER_INFO dwNext As Long ComboIndex As Long AdapterName As String * 260 Description As String * 132 AddressLength As Long Address(7) As Byte Index As Long dwType As Long DhcpEnabled As Long CurrentIpAddress As Long IpAddressList As IP_ADDR_STRING GatewayList As IP_ADDR_STRING DhcpServer As IP_ADDR_STRING HaveWins As Long PrimaryWinsServer As IP_ADDR_STRING SecondaryWinsServer As IP_ADDR_STRING LeaseOb...

change MAC address can change IP address of a machine?
Is there any way to change the MAC address of a machine? IP address is assigned by ISP. My understanding is that IP address is based on the MAC address of a machine, is that correct concept? please advise. thanks!! In article <1128101122.026114.302980@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, <apngss@yahoo.com> wrote: :Is there any way to change the MAC address of a machine? Of most machines, Yes. :IP address is assigned by ISP. My understanding is that IP address is :based on the MAC address of a machine, is that correct concept? It might be, it might not be, it depends on the ISP. Some ISPs know what port number you are using in their equipment and assign the address on that basis. Some ISPs encrypt traffic to the modem based upon your MAC address, so changing your MAC address might get you nothing. The ISPs that do use MAC as a factor often register the MAC against the account, and you might have to find the MAC of a valid subscriber to change the IP you get. But ISPs tend to have protections against that. -- Many food scientists have reported chocolate to be the single most craved food. -- Northwestern University, 2001 On 30 Sep 2005 10:25:22 -0700, apngss@yahoo.com wrote: cross posted to 4 newsgroups. Gosh, this must be terribly important. Rubbing my crystal ball, I deduce that you're using some Linux or Windoze mutation. Of course, all operating system are the same so the following instructions should work no matter w...

Solaris newbie: How to change IP address?
I'm completely new to Solaris. I've inherited a Solaris 7 box, and need to change the static IP address. The only reference I can find to the IP address is in the file /etc/defaultrouter. Do I just change this? What If I needed to change the submask as well? -Thanks James Egan wrote: > I'm completely new to Solaris. I've inherited a Solaris 7 > box, and need to change the static IP address. The only > reference I can find to the IP address is in the file > /etc/defaultrouter. Do I just change this? What If > I needed to change the submask as well? > ...

Lose IP Address And Subnet When Not In Use
I can connect to my network fine for browsing and emailing, but if I don't use my PC for a while, when I return it has locked up. Looking in the Win XP networks list, my LAN is still showing as enabled but when I click on it the info in the bottom left corner shows my IP address and subnet as both being zeros. Normally I have to reboot to start again. Can anyone help please? On 6 May 2005 14:35:07 -0700, gary.jackson@my-generation.org.uk wrote: >I can connect to my network fine for browsing and emailing, but if I >don't use my PC for a while, when I return it ha...

use .profile to detmerine IP address and then do stuff if a particular IP address
Hi all. What could I include in a .profile script that would examine a users IP address and based on that, do things like log an entry in a file or even kill the session? TTY=`tty|sed 's/\/dev\///'` IP=`who|grep $TTY|awk '{print $6}'|tr -d '()'` if [ $IP = <some particular IP> ]; then <do some action> fi Good luck, Brandon On 10 Aug 2004, sumGirl wrote: > > > Hi all. What could I include in a .profile script that would examine a > users IP address and based on that, do things like log an entry in a > file or even kill the session? > Thanks Brandon, seems to be what I need! ...

&quot;Key Down&quot; event use in one page of tab control prevents using &quot;Value Change&quot; events on another page, even though separate case structure blocks handle the two
The attached VI has a tabbed control with two pages. On one page, titled "Using Value Change Events",&nbsp;there is a control and an indicator, and the underlying code processes a Value Change event on that control by adding one to the number and displaying it on the indicator. On the other page, titled "Using Key Down Events", there is an indicator, and the underlying code processes a Key Down event by displaying the scancode on the indicator. Both these underlying code blocks are in different cases of a case structure chosen by the tab control. Some extra items are necessary to be able to stop those blocks from cycling if the tab is switched or the End VI button pressed. &nbsp; Or, at least, that's what I wanted. &nbsp; What actually happens agrees with the above, if the Increment/Decrement is used to change the value in the control on&nbsp;the Value Change page.&nbsp;But everything stops responding if I type in the control to change the number. &nbsp; I think the problem involves the Key Down event structure, which is in what should be an inactive case of the case structure when this problem occurs. If I put a Disable structure around that Key Down event structure, the Value Change page items all work fine. Of course, the Key Down page items don't do anything with the Disable in place. &nbsp; Why does having a Key Down event handler in an inactive case structure make a difference? How can I use both event types on dif...

Re: Change MAC Address Can Change IP Address of a Machine? #7
It was a dark and stormy night when jrefactors@hotmail.com wrote: > Is there any way to change the MAC address of a machine? What they said. There are also Windows programs, both shareware and freeware, that will change a computer's MAC address (check repositories such as http://www.tucows.com). ...

Re: Change MAC Address Can Change IP Address of a Machine? #5
In article <telecom24.444.6@telecom-digest.org>, <jrefactors@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there any way to change the MAC address of a machine? Yes. > IP address is assigned by ISP. My understanding is that IP address > is based on the MAC address of a machine, is that correct concept? Maybe. depends on the ISP. > Please advise. Don't mess with what you don't understand. :) ...

SuSeFirewall2 and range of addresses without using mask
Hello, Does anyone know how to setup a range of addresses in a block to allow certain protocols access without adding them individually (like 10-30) or using a netwmask? I've tried these examples on my internal network under the masquerade area using the SuseFirewall2 Webmin module: 10.0.0.100:150,0/0 10.0.0.100-150,0/0 10.0.0.100-10.0.0.150,0/0 10.0.0.100:150,0/0,tcp,80 (web only for testing restricted access) and some variants. Can anyone help? Thanks! Greg Greg Shepherd <neuromancer@bellsouth.net> wrote: > Hello, > > Does anyone know how to setup a range of addresses in a block to > allow certain protocols access without adding them individually (like > 10-30) or using a netwmask? > > I've tried these examples on my internal network under the masquerade > area using the SuseFirewall2 Webmin module: > 10.0.0.100:150,0/0 > 10.0.0.100-150,0/0 > 10.0.0.100-10.0.0.150,0/0 > 10.0.0.100:150,0/0,tcp,80 (web only for testing restricted access) > > and some variants. > > Can anyone help? Sure. You can't. iptables (which SuSEfirewall2 uses) only allows netmasks. On the other hand, you can reduce any range into a few subnets. For your example, you would need 7 entries (fewer if you could include a few extra IP addresses on each side). But really, you would want to learn using subnets instead of ranges -- they're used everywhere, and the routing/filtering is done at the network level. Ranges...

Generate IP address range from subnet mask
Pros, I was wondering if there is a API for generating ip address range from a given subnet mask (VLSM). Thanks, Shekar ...

Unix, ping, physics & distance to an IP address...
Hi everyone, Apologies if this is an incorrect forum but I wanted to to get the view of 2 communities on this issue - your opinions are most appreciated. I recently 'pinged' a remote IP address. Without going into too much detail I ran something like: ping x.y.m.n where "x.y.m.n" was the IP address of the server that I am interested in. As I'm sure you know ping retuns the time taken for the packet round trip and expressed the answer as an average, minimum and maximum time take (usually im milli-seconds). Now, I wanted to make a calculation as to...

Detecting unused IP addresses in a subnet using ping?
Hello All, Is there a way to find all the unused IP addresses of a particular subnet using ping command? If yes, what is the parameter to be passed to the ping command? This is for a enterprise intranet. For example, the subnet is 16.138.189 and I want to find some unused IP adddresses in this subnet to use. Thanks & Regards, Karthik dkarthik@gmail.com wrote: > Hello All, > > Is there a way to find all the unused IP addresses of a particular > subnet using ping command? If yes, what is the parameter to be passed > to the ping command? > > This is for a enterprise intranet. > > For example, the subnet is 16.138.189 and I want to find some unused > IP adddresses in this subnet to use. > The simple response is: DO NOT. Many hosts, espeially in the current Windows world, do not respond to pings, so you can tramp on some quietly lurking host's address. Ask the network administrator for the addresses, if this is for a legitimate purpose. -- Tauno Voipio tauno voipio (at) iki fi Hello, Tauno Voipio a �crit : > dkarthik@gmail.com wrote: > >> Is there a way to find all the unused IP addresses of a particular >> subnet using ping command? > The simple response is: DO NOT. > > Many hosts, espeially in the current Windows world, > do not respond to pings But they do reply to ARP queries which come before the ping request. No ARP reply -> no host. So you can ping an IP address until you recei...

sshd broke after I change IP subnet address on server
Hi, I was configuring this server for a remote location. I was connecting fine with ssh until I changed the address to a different subnet. Now I keep getting access denied message everytime I try to connect. I have my laptop and the server on a switch with both configured on same subnet. I am connected to it through webmin and serial port, but I can not connect through ssh. Any suggestions on where to look would be greatly appreciated. -Paul On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:47:08 -0800, aptadmin <paul.j@aptalaska.com> wrote: > Hi, > I was configuring this server for a remote location. I was connecting fine > with ssh until I changed the address to a different subnet. Now I keep > getting access denied message everytime I try to connect. I have my laptop > and the server on a switch with both configured on same subnet. I am > connected to it through webmin and serial port, but I can not connect > through ssh. Any suggestions on where to look would be greatly appreciated. > -Paul > > When you changed the server's ip address, did you change the ListenAddress in /etc/ssh/sshd.conf? -- Programming Department: Mistakes made while you wait. Thanks for your response... No, for some reason after I changed the IP, I found that the AllowPaswordAuthentication was set to no. After changing it to yes it let me log in. I never changed this setting so I don't know why it got changed. -Pau...

Changing ip address solaris server hosting oracle
Hello, We are planning for a change in ip address of our sun server on which oracle database is hosted. The new ip address will belong to a different subnet mask. What are the things that I should be aware of while this is being done? - I am aware that the tnsnames.ora will need to be changed to point to the new ip address , that hosts file on each of the client pc will need to have the new ip address. Is there any other implication? Pl. let me know ..this is urgent. most thankful for inputs.. Sh. No, In a *properly* set up tnsnames.ora you DON'T need to change ANYTHING. Time to clean out the mess I guess, and stop using hardcoded IP-addresses. Oracle 10g also doesn't allow them anymoore The hosts file wouldn't need to change, as you are using DNS, aren't you. Yet another thing to change. -- Sybrand Bakker Senior Oracle DBA Hi Sybrand, Thank you for pointing out these limitations..I will definately make it a point to understand this. But at present, in the current scenario, 1) We are using hard coded ip addresses. So after the unix adminstator tells me that he has changed the server's ip address, i just start the listener and the database and every thing shall be as fine as was before? I am just trying to think through any possible changes this may have and shall be most grateful if you could point out some. Best regards, Nirav in a properly setup listener config you don't need to do a thing if for some reason you are using a hardcoded ...

Change IP address without reboot HPUX 11i
Hello all! I want to know if it is possible to change the IP address of my RP5400 box, running HPUX 11i, without having to do a reboot. Base upon the research I have done so far, it looks like SAM may be my only option to do this. However, I am concerned because I have found some posts that indicate that SAM is not the most reliable method for performing this task. Any and all information provided would be most appreciated! Thanks, Jim On 4 Feb 2004 11:42:06 -0800, jduncan@weho.org (Jim) wrote: >Hello all! >I want to know if it is possible to change the IP address of my RP5400 >bo...

howto check ip address in shell without using ifconfig?
Hi gurus, I got a question, suppose I don't have ifconfig command in my shell, is there a way that i can check my ip address? I don't know somehow my ifconfig just doesn't work, it is VM RHEL. Thanks, On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 20:36:25 +0200, Yinghe Chen wrote: > Hi gurus, > > I got a question, suppose I don't have ifconfig command in my shell, is > there a way that i can check my ip address? > > I don't know somehow my ifconfig just doesn't work, it is VM RHEL. > > Thanks, did you try /sbin/ifconfig .... maybe /sbin is not in your shell's path. jack -- D.A.M. - Mothers Against Dyslexia see http://www.jacksnodgrass.com for my contact info. jack - Grapevine/Richardson On Aug 22, 11:36 am, "Yinghe Chen" <yinghe.c...@jeppesen.com.rm> wrote: > Hi gurus, > > I got a question, suppose I don't have ifconfig command in my shell, is > there a way that i can check my ip address? > > I don't know somehow my ifconfig just doesn't work, it is VM RHEL. > > Thanks, getent hosts <hostname> "Yinghe Chen" <yinghe.chen@jeppesen.com.rm> wrote: >Hi gurus, > >I got a question, suppose I don't have ifconfig command in my shell, is >there a way that i can check my ip address? > >I don't know somehow my ifconfig just doesn't work, it is VM RHEL. Set the PATH variable for you shell. That is a common problem for shell scripts ...

Changing default subnet mask for ip local pools in PIX
Hi guys, I'm setting up our PIX 525 (running 6.3(3)) to allow remote pcs with cisco vpn client 4.04 to connect to it and access our internal network. Our clients are mostly XP boxes. The clients have successfully connected to the internal network via the PIX using IPSEC tunnelling, however when they are assigned an ip address by the PIX, they end up with the incorrect subnet mask. Our address pool is 172.16.6.16- 172.16.6.254, and an address from this pool is assigned to the remote client when it connects, however the subnet mask defaults to 255.255.0.0, which is incorrect (we are using a...

Can't change IP address on Solaris 9 box
Hi, all. I'm pretty new to Solaris 9; all of my experience is on earlier versions. I have a Netra210 on which I can't permantley reconfigure the IP adress on 1 interface (bge0). It always comes up with a 192.168.x.x address. Has something changed in Solaris 9? I don't know what I'm missing. I've configured the /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname.bge0, /etc/netmasks, and /etc/defaultrouter files...still nothing. Any ideas? Thanks, Ben.. root@admin # ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 bge0: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 192.168.1.20 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255 ether 0:3:ba:2f:ee:19 bge1: flags=1000843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 3 inet 172.30.10.8 netmask ffffffc0 broadcast 172.30.10.63 ether 0:3:ba:2f:ee:1a root@admin # cat /etc/hosts # # Internet host table # 127.0.0.1 localhost loghost 172.30.10.89 admin 172.30.10.8 admin_bge1 root@admin # cat /etc/hostname.bge0 admin root@admin # cat /etc/hostname.bge1 admin_bge1 root@admin # cat /etc/netmasks # # The netmasks file associates Internet Protocol (IP) address # masks with IP network numbers. # # network-number netmask # # The term network-number refers to a number obtained from the Internet Network # Information Center. # # Both the network-number and the netmasks are...

Wrong IP Source Address Using pppd on Solaris 2.8
Hi, I have a very strange problem: I have a Solaris 2.8 box with a pppd interface and an ethernet interface. The ethernet interface talks with the LAN and the PPP interface is only used to communicate with an embedded system. Each interface is on a different network; 144.121.135.8 for the ethernet and a 172.16.0.1 for the PPP. LAN <---> ethernet <--- Solaris 2.8 ---> PPP <---> Embedded System When I bring up the PPP interface to the embedded system I can see the IP address of the Solaris box's PPP interface (172.16.0.1) and the IP address of the embedded syst...

Changing password of Unix System non interactively and without using expect
Hi, I want to change password of Solaris 9 system non interactively and that too without using any extra package. Could I do it using Shell script or C program. Thanks On 19 Oct 2004 02:54:32 -0700, Girish Pal Singh <girishpal@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > I want to change password of Solaris 9 system non interactively and > that too without using any extra package. Could I do it using Shell > script or C program. Yes. Hi, Thanks for the reply. But how could I do it. If I use crypt what key should I give it. Dave Hinz <DaveHinz@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:<2...

Possible to change the Source IP without using "Raw Sockets"
Hello there, is it possible to change a source IP address without using RAW SOCKETS with winsock1.1 ? I would like to send a udp segment with the IP Source Address 0.0.0.0 and used INADDR_ANY which represents 0.0.0.0. But in the networktrace Windows is always using it's real ip address ! best rgds -Karel ...

HELP: VPN & Internet via Cisco 2600 Using Private IP Addresses
HELP: VPN & Internet via Cisco 2600 Using Private IP Addresses In the past 2 weeks, our users started to lose Internet access frequently (every hour) and the only way we can restore connectivity is to turn the router off, wait 15 seconds and turn it on again! I inherited the following setup: Cisco 2600 series router with a T1 connection; Windows 2000 Pro clients get an IP address (10.9.90.x with 255.255.252.0 mask ) from a Windows NT DHCP server and connect to a VPN server at 10.72.80.244. They are also able to get Internet access: My first question is: HOW! The router is...

Getting the subnet subnet of an IP address in C++
There is any way to obtain for an IP address that I have to pass as parameter the value of the subnet? yagru_alvarez wrote: > There is any way to obtain for an IP address that I have to pass as > parameter the value of the subnet? Normally a network administrator would know the subnet mask(s) associated with a range of IP addresses under their control. They would have needed to configure router(s) to control traffic in/out of the subnet. "yagru_alvarez" <jmalvarez@estudiantes.uci.cu> wrote in message news:b22f692f-92c4-4d2e-9de1-0252d56ef9a6@e35g2000yqc.googlegr...

Web resources about - How to change IP address & subnet mask without using sys-unconfig ? - comp.unix.solaris

Oracle Solaris 10 Compared to Oracle Solaris 11 - Transitioning From Oracle Solaris 10 to Oracle Solaris ...
This book is for anyone who is responsible for administering one or more systems that run the Oracle Solaris operating system (OS). This document ...

The zfs-discuss April 2006 Archive by date
April 2006 Archives by date Messages sorted by: [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] More info on this list... Starting: Sat Apr 1 00:11:09 UTC ...

The zfs-discuss April 2006 Archive by thread
April 2006 Archives by thread Messages sorted by: [ subject ] [ author ] [ date ] More info on this list... Starting: Sat Apr 1 00:11:09 UTC ...

The zfs-discuss April 2006 Archive by author
April 2006 Archives by author Messages sorted by: [ thread ] [ subject ] [ date ] More info on this list... Starting: Sat Apr 1 00:11:09 UTC ...

The zfs-discuss April 2006 Archive by subject
April 2006 Archives by subject Messages sorted by: [ thread ] [ author ] [ date ] More info on this list... Starting: Sat Apr 1 00:11:09 UTC ...