How to identify D1000 by controller ID ???

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I need to service a system which has 2 servers and 2 D1000 arrays
attached in a HA setup (both servers have SCSI cables to both arrays).
How can I tell which D1000 is c0 and which is c1  ???
Thanks
Roger

0
Reply unixzip (36) 4/20/2007 6:50:44 PM

See related articles to this posting

unix <unixzip@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I need to service a system which has 2 servers and 2 D1000 arrays
> attached in a HA setup (both servers have SCSI cables to both arrays).
> How can I tell which D1000 is c0 and which is c1  ???

A) You look up the hardware you are using on the servers, track c0/c1 to
   a hardware path, map the hardware path to a physical slot, then trace
   the cable from that slot to the array.  Google and the hardware
   handbook help with finding those mappings.

B) Use format->analyze->read on one of the disks.  Walk to the front of
   the arrays and look for the rapidly flashing or almost extinguished
   light.  That's the one you're testing.

C) Go find the person that installed it and tell him that he forgot to
   label the hardware properly and to please do it now.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham@taos.com
Reply Darren 4/20/2007 11:03:28 PM

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

[rfc-dist] RFC 5622 on Profile for Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) Congestion ID 4: TCP-Friendly Rate Control for Small Packets (TFRC-SP)
A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries. RFC 5622 Title: Profile for Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) Congestion ID 4: TCP-Friendly Rate Control for Small Packets (TFRC-SP) Author: S. Floyd, E. Kohler Status: Experimental Date: August 2009 Mailbox: floyd@icir.org, kohler@cs.ucla.edu Pages: 19 Characters: 45394 Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso: None I-D Tag: d...

Referring to Controls by id
Dear JavaScripters: Given a form with name=theForm and a control with name=theControl, I can refer to the control with document.theForm.theControl If, instead of giving the control that name, I give it that id, the reference still works, but if I change the form the same way (giving it an id instead of a name of theForm, the reference fails with the error: Error: Unable to get value of the property 'theControl': object is null or undefined Why? I suppose I will just change everything to use document.getElementById(), but the above is shorter....

How to identify the control that has focus?
Hi folks, Screen.PreviousControl.SetFocus works fine to select the control that had focus prior to the one that NOW has focus. Unfortunately, I've not discovered a VBA code way to get the name of the control, that currently has focus. It would be nice if the Screen object had a property called "CurrentControl" that could be stored in a variable, as in: "X = Screen.CurrentControl.Name" Am I overlooking something? Any advice will be appreciated. On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:12:31 -0500, William Case <replytogroup@nospam.zap> wrote in comp.databases.ms-access: > ...

Help identify a control
Hello all. Some apps use a type of list box with columns (for example the Find command of Windows). Which is that control ? Can i find it ? Is it free ? Finally, does any one know how to handle columns in the Forms 2.0 component ? This control has the ability to produce columns. I can not manage to add values for each column ... This is a decent alternative for the control i am searching for ! Best regards Marios In article <1138259925.144843@athnrd02>, "Amarios" <amario-NO-SPAM@in.gr> wrote: >Hello all. > >Some apps use a type of list box with columns (f...

Identify Control under Focus
&nbsp; Dear NI Tech Supoort, &nbsp; I would like to be able to find which control I am editing for a complex structure (several controls of different types embedded into an array of clusters, and each cluster is a part of another array of clusters). I would like to be able to identify which control is being edited. If I use the FOCUS property, it cannot tell me which element of the array I am editing. What is the way around this? &nbsp; Thanks! &nbsp; Regards Albert If you&nbsp;configure an event that is configured for "value change" for each of the elements in t...

CreateWindowEx() and control ID
Hey, Sometimes, when I try to create manually a new control with CreateWindowEx() the created control doesn't have the myID ID (HMENU parameter) I gave it ! Even of course if no other control already has the same ID. (GetWindowLong(hwnd, GWL_ID) != myID) I'm forced to do a SetWindowLong(hwnd, GWL_ID, myID) after the creation for that ! (see the example above) Could someone explain this ? Thanks a lot. J.P Example : #define BASE_ID WM_APP+100 for(int i=0; i<5; i++) { hwnd = CreateWindow(....,(HMENU)BASE_ID+i,..); if(GetWindowLong(hwnd, GWL_ID) != BASE_I...

Control type from ID?
I'm looking for a shortcut to avoid having to build Yet-Another- Look-Up-Table for a macro processor for my app. (There are nearly 700 named controls, so adding another table will be a drag.) I can parse the macro script and find the ID corresponding to the named control, but it would be nice to know what sort of control it is, to know how to handle it: For example, suppose the script is: SomeControl=1 If that is an EDITTEXT control, I'll send '1' to it using SetDlgItemText before invoking the control's normal handler and faking a manual text entry. But ...

SCSI Controller ID Changes
Working on a Sun Ultra 80 that is having a strange problem. System has a Ciprico 7000 500GB RAID attached via fiber connection to the system. The host adapter is a PCI based card. The problem is that occasionally the RAID chassis will go into a not-ready state and then the mountpoint for the RAID becomes unaccessible. Resetting the RAID does not clear the problem accessing the RAID. And when we reboot the system, the SCSI target id of the RAID changes! For example if it was running fine as c1t1d0s- then when it reboots it becomes c1t2d0s-. So we change the vfstab and remount the RAID and a...

Get Control IDs more efficiently
I'm using the GetDlgItem function to get the text from a specific control in external apps. Works fine, but if I don't know the control ID, I create a loop (e.g. 0 to 100) to test all the control IDs in that range to find the control. Problem is that a control can have a very large number as the ID and I enumerate through all windows and their child windows so that can create a little more delay than I want and I would never be sure my loop is a range that covers the highest control ID number. Is there an API function or a way to grab all the control ID numbers on a window rather th...

mapping controller ids in Solaris
I have two arrays connected to my 280R, the LUNS in the array appear as C3T?D? and C4T?D? What determines the controller id they appear as ? The disk arrays are dual mounted on another box. I assume need them to match the same controller id's they appear as on the other box to create a disk set. "bruce mcdonald" <bruce.mcdonald@migasia.com> wrote in message news:<HUKdb.128293$bo1.49586@news-server.bigpond.net.au>... > I have two arrays connected to my 280R, the LUNS in the array appear as > > C3T?D? and C4T?D? > > What determines the cont...

Identify the source ID on mouse over
I have the following code: <li onMouseOver='myid = (typeof event.target != "undefined")? event.target:event.srcElement.id' id=li15> I'm trying to assign the value of the element's id to the variable 'myid' whenever the mouse goes over this element. But myid remains undefined. What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to write this code? Thank you. Jack Jack Hagouel a �crit : > I have the following code: > > <li onMouseOver='myid = (typeof event.target != "undefined")? > event.target:event.srcElement.id' id=li...

Identifying events in clusters of controls

3ware controller changes ids
Hello all, I have a 3ware 9750 controller. I have noticed that the controller id sometimes (often?) changes in between reboots. For example, on one boot, the controller might be /c6, the next it might be /c4, the next /c0 (this is how the tw_cli command line tool addresses 3ware controllers). This is incredibly frustrating, since I have scripts which might reference /c0, which would then fail when it changes to /c6. It probably makes sense to rewrite the scripts to be able to handle this scenario: e.g., use tw_cli show to list all the controllers, then cycle through them, inste...

Control ID puzzling behaviour
HI all i am once again faced with a strange situation i guess the nature of my project is some what like this. now the problem is that the application that would be tested by my software is a very rich UI application and the scenario is like this that every spin is placed ona dialog frame having the class #32770, for every soin there is a separate #32770 i have verified this from the handle. the design time ID for the #32770 class is 202 but by using GetWindowLong during run time i always get the ID to be 0. has any one experienced such situation if so kindly help me regards Th...

Mouse coords to control ID
Greetings, everyone. I'm looking for a simple way to translate the coordinates from a WM_RBUTTONUP message into a control ID, or more likely into a control handle that I can use to get the ID. I haven't found an API for this yet, but I figure there must be something like this that Windows itself uses, since it passes the control handle in WM_CONTEXTMENU in response to the same WM_RBUTTONUP, for example. The reason I'm interested in this is that I'm trying to provide right-click context help for edit controls, which normally do not return WM_CONTEXTMENU but pop ...

Identifying and controlling fonts being used
I'm trying to banish italic fonts from XEmacs. I'm on UNIX so I started with Xresources: Emacs.default.attributeFont: -misc-*-bold-r-normal--15-140-75-75-*-90-iso8859-* Emacs.italic.attributeFont: -*-*-*-*-normal--*-140-75-75-m-50-iso8859-* Emacs.bold-italic.attributeFont: -*-*-*-*-normal--*-140-75-75-m-50-iso8859-* I was hoping that all other fonts would be derived from these but I still have italic fonts creeping in, for example in man pages and gnus. When that happens, I hunt down the font name using list-faces-display and set the font explicitly. Is there a way ...

Identify Aerocomp floppy controller?
Can anyone identify this Aerocomp floppy controller card, model 9120-0010? http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/aerocomp_9120_0010.jpg I have a few of these. The 40-pin socket is for a Western Digital FD1793 floppy chip. The two edge connectors go to one 5.25 floppy drive each. The white cable appears to be an address/data cable for connection to some kind of microcomputer. Aerocomp made floppy products for the TRS-80, so I thought I'd give this NG a try. Contact me at my email address below, NOT c/o gmail. Herb Johnson retrotechnology.com Herbert R. Johnson, New ...

Unequally identify a control under the mouse
Hi everybody, is there any way to unequally identify a windows application control (such as edit, button, radio, toolbar, menu, etc..) under the mouse? I need an identifier that will remain unchanged after user restart the application or reboot the OS. I tried to use the control resource id: POINT mycursorpos; ::GetCursorPos(&mycursorpos); CWnd* under = CWnd::WindowFromPoint(mycursorpos); int resourceId = under->GetDlgCtrlID(); HWND client_hwnd = ::WindowFromPoint(mycursorpos); int resourceId = ::GetDlgCtrlID(client_hwnd); The above code has some problems: - ...

Generate a unique ID that identifies the client?
I have an javascript application that needs to generate a unique ID that will identify the client. It doesn't really matter what this ID is, a number, string or even set of ascii codes would be fine - as long as it is unique or nearly unique. The ID needs to be something that can be worked out just from the client's info. Ideally it would be done in straight javascript but if this isn't possible I'd even consider an AJAX request that got the info from a server. I've got a server that's running PHP so this would be the preferred server side language if that option is cho...

Font ID please .... please IDENTIFY
hi, i'm looking for the name of the typeface on the following images. could you please help me identifying them? www.plansolutions.de/gr/1.gif www.plansolutions.de/gr/2.gif thanks a lot and kind regards, tino My first attempt at trying to help someone (by using http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/) Anyone else reckon it might be Jay Gothic URW T Bold? See: http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/urw/jay-gothic/urw-t-bold/ "Tino" <thorsten.kuehnel@t-online.de> wrote in message news:c25970$8jf$05$1@news.t-online.com... > hi, > i'm looking for the name of the typeface ...

How to identify name/id of named anchor?
I use named anchors to take users to specific parts of a long page. But I want to add some processing and do some things with my nav bar when users go to certain sections delineated by named anchors. I understand that the anchors array creates an element for each anchor in the page when the page is loaded, but how do I identify which anchor is currently being viewed? Here's some pseudo code: if (document.anchors.name == "section_B") { then do this or that } But what do I test to determine the current anchor name? What about using id's instead of names? Can the anchor...

control & estimation techniques in IDS
Hi, I'm doing some research on control & estimation techniques for intrusion detection. The techniques i've come across so far are MADAM ID and proactive IDS. Are there any other popular intrusion detection techniques (from a control and estimation viewpoint)? Thanks. ...

Identify this mystery DEC control panel
http://bitsavers.org/mysteryPanel_Nov74.jpg This is part of the Computer History Museum collection that no one, including Gordon Bell, has been able to identify. It appears to be for a 32 bit computer with a 360-like architecture, but with Unibus control signals. It would appear to be for a PDP-15 style front panel bezel (two rows of switches) but is using the PDP-11 color scheme. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Al Kossow wrote: > It appears to be for a 32 bit computer with a 360-like architecture, but > with Unibu...

[Caller ID pop-up] Alternative to Identify?
Hello We are a small three-person company, and are relying on Impulse Technology's Identify (http://www.imptec.com) to display caller ID information on a central PC that is equiped with a PCI modem, and its free NetCID add-on to have caller ID info be displayed on all hosts on the LAN. Poor man's CTI, but it works :-) However, we have a second POTS line on which customers occasionnally call us, and we are about to open a second office in another city, so have to look for a new solution since Identify... - can only monitor one modem, and won't run more than one insta...