I can not find Tcl/expect after install Solaris 9

Why can i not find tcl/expect utility after install
Solaris 9?
The Perl is there.

TIA,

ST
0
aaabbb16

In article <dc998cfd.0502242347.41afa831@posting.google.com>,
 aaabbb16@hotmail.com (wld) wrote:

> Why can i not find tcl/expect utility after install
> Solaris 9?
> The Perl is there.
>
> TIA,
>
> ST

AFAIK, tcl/expect aren't part of the vanilla install.  There's a bunch
of extra stuff in /opt/sfw, I think.  I know older versions of Solaris
better where the full install didn't offer these extra packages unless
you installed them afterwards.

--
DeeDee, don't press that button!  DeeDee!  NO!  Dee...

0
Michael
2/25/2005 8:39:42 AM
According to wld <aaabbb16@hotmail.com>:
:Why can i not find tcl/expect utility after install
:Solaris 9?
:The Perl is there.

Well, Sun doesn't ship with either tclsh or expect installed in /bin .
If you loaded the optional software cd - the one with gcc, etc. on it,
then look in /opt/sfw/bin for tclsh8.3 and expect.  It appeas that
the optional software distribution has only this small amount of the
hundreds of Tcl extensions available.

Anyone know to whom one would talk to so that more extensions might be
included - such as, say, Tk?
--
0
lvirden
In article <cvnca3$mlh$1@srv38.cas.org>,  <lvirden@gmail.com> wrote:

>According to wld <aaabbb16@hotmail.com>:
>:Why can i not find tcl/expect utility after install
>:Solaris 9?
>:The Perl is there.
>
>Well, Sun doesn't ship with either tclsh or expect installed in /bin .
>If you loaded the optional software cd - the one with gcc, etc. on it,
>then look in /opt/sfw/bin for tclsh8.3 and expect.  It appeas that
>the optional software distribution has only this small amount of the
>hundreds of Tcl extensions available.
>
>Anyone know to whom one would talk to so that more extensions might be
>included - such as, say, Tk?
			.
			.
			.
On a bad day, I have the impression that it would be less
trouble to buy all of Sun, than to try to go through chan-
nels to achieve what ought to be a simple result like
including Tk in /opt/sfw/bin.

On a technical basis, I find a lot to like in Solaris.  SMC
sure doesn't line up its products for *my* convenience,
though.
0
claird
2/25/2005 4:08:04 PM
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:21:55 +0000, lvirde wrote:

> According to wld <aaabbb16@hotmail.com>:
> :Why can i not find tcl/expect utility after install
> :Solaris 9?
> :The Perl is there.
>
> Well, Sun doesn't ship with either tclsh or expect installed in /bin .

Quite so.  tclsh is /usr/sfw/bin/tclsh8.4 in s10_72.  expect is not
included.

> Anyone know to whom one would talk to so that more extensions might be
> included - such as, say, Tk?

Tk is included with Solaris and has been for quite some time in package
SUNWTk.

0
Dave
2/25/2005 4:34:38 PM
Ah - I don't have any control over what solaris packages are loaded -
and that isn't one loaded here.  Plus I've only got Solaris 8 ...
perhaps it is a Sol 10 thing.

Thanks for the update though!

0
Larry
2/25/2005 5:36:20 PM
On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:36:20 -0800, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> Ah - I don't have any control over what solaris packages are loaded -
> and that isn't one loaded here.  Plus I've only got Solaris 8 ...
> perhaps it is a Sol 10 thing.

You can use pkginfo to see if SUNWTcl and SUNWTk are installed.  I know
they were part of Solaris 9; don't remember about Solaris 8, but probably
not.  IIRC the whole /usr/sfw thing came about with Solaris 9 and that is
the version number in the Subject.

0
Dave
2/25/2005 5:44:58 PM
Cameron Laird wrote:
> On a bad day, I have the impression that it would be less
> trouble to buy all of Sun, than to try to go through chan-
> nels to achieve what ought to be a simple result like
> including Tk in /opt/sfw/bin.

It's there in Solaris 10, I believe.

  - Logan
0
Logan
2/26/2005 3:04:02 AM
In article <pan.2005.02.25.17.44.58.108477@yahoo.com>, Dave Uhring wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:36:20 -0800, Larry W. Virden wrote:
>> Ah - I don't have any control over what solaris packages are loaded -
>> and that isn't one loaded here.  Plus I've only got Solaris 8 ...
>> perhaps it is a Sol 10 thing.
> You can use pkginfo to see if SUNWTcl and SUNWTk are installed.  I know
> they were part of Solaris 9; don't remember about Solaris 8, but probably
> not.  IIRC the whole /usr/sfw thing came about with Solaris 9 and that is
> the version number in the Subject.

Distinctly remember /opt/sfw on 8/SPARC.

lg, Bernd
--
There was only one road back to L.A.
0
On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 13:34:29 +0100, Bernd Haug wrote:

> In article <pan.2005.02.25.17.44.58.108477@yahoo.com>, Dave Uhring wrote:

>> You can use pkginfo to see if SUNWTcl and SUNWTk are installed.  I know
>> they were part of Solaris 9; don't remember about Solaris 8, but probably
>> not.  IIRC the whole /usr/sfw thing came about with Solaris 9 and that is
>> the version number in the Subject.
>
> Distinctly remember /opt/sfw on 8/SPARC.

Yes, from the Software Companion CD.  But those packages had the SFW tag,
not SUNW.  Solaris 9 SCCD also installed its packages into /opt/sfw.

0
Dave

Can any body tell where I can download COBOL compiler?
Can any body tell where I can download COBOL compiler. I want to compile some COBOL programs on my PC. Hi Ananda. If you check out the COBOL FAQ @ http://www.cobolreport.com/faqs/cobolfaq.htm , it provides details of where you can obtain COBOL compilers. Simon. Ananda Rao wrote: > Can any body tell where I can download COBOL compiler. I want to > compile some COBOL programs on my PC. There is a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) posted in the comp.lang.cobol group on google. As this is frequently asked the replies are all there rather than being repeated to each person that ask...

[News] Poor Windows Can't Do Online Banking, GNU/Linux Sure Can

Re: Texas to Install Border Patrol Web Cameras #3
Gordon Burditt wrote: >> The governor of Texas wants to turn all the world into a virtual >> posse. >> Rick Perry has announced a $5 million plan to install hundreds of >> night-vision cameras on private land along the Mexican border and put >> the live video on the Internet, so that anyone with a computer who >> spots illegal immigrants trying to slip across can report it on a >> toll-free hot line. > Doesn't this also mean that the illegal immigrants can also use the > cameras to detect the absence of patrols and determine wh...

SCP from Solaris to OpenVMS
Hi all Can somebody please help. I am trying to run an scp from a Solari box to an Alpha server running OpenVMS 7.3-2 and TCPIP v 5.4 ECO 5. When I run the scp command, the following error is displayed and the file doesn't reach it's destination. debug1: Authentications that can continue: password debug1: Next authentication method: password system@avtct3's password: debug1: Authentication succeeded (password). debug1: channel 0: new [client-session] debug1: Entering interactive session. debug1: Sending command: scp -v -t sys:[sysmgr] *****scp1 compatibility mode is not support...

Eclipse can create jar everytime I save?
Hi, Is it possible with eclipse 3 (or with a plugin) to create automatically a jar file everytime I save a class. So everytime it will rebuild the .class files it will recreate the .jar file. Thank you Alessandro Rossi Hi, aleicaro@libero.it wrote: > Hi, > Is it possible with eclipse 3 (or with a plugin) to create > automatically a jar file everytime I save a class. So everytime it will > rebuild the .class files it will recreate the .jar file. > > Thank you > Alessandro Rossi Yes: When you save a class, it will automatically be compiled by Eclipse (if you have sele...

How can i save automatically the command window ?
Hi Do you know how can i save automatically the results after training in the Command window? I want to save all of the process(results) at the Command window during/after training. Ie there any fucntion or command key? It looks easy but i can't find. If you know it, please let me know. Thank you. JK wrote: > > > Hi > > Do you know how can i save automatically the results after training > in the Command window? > > I want to save all of the process(results) at the Command window > during/after training. > > Ie there any fucntion or command key? > ...

Can series of uploads be automated?
Would like to send separate messages on consecutive days to a single email address. Instead of logging in each day, would it be possible to load the three at one time and designate the delivery time and date? piedtype@gmail.com wrote: > > Would like to send separate messages on consecutive days to a single > email address. Instead of logging in each day, would it be possible to > load the three at one time and designate the delivery time and date? Yes. Schedulers and command-line email clients are available for most relevant operating systems. Thor -- http://www.anta.net/O...

can't upload file to $_FILES
I'm trying to figure out why I can't upload a file in php. I'm trying it locally on a windows XP machine running Apache 2.2 and PHP 5.2.1. That is I am running the browser/server on same machine to test with. I also tried it on a remote linux server, though in that case I'm not sure what the s config settings where, except that it does have PHP and I get the same results. Are there any releevant apache settings ? I have not come accross any. Below is my script, results, and config settings. =------------------------------------------------------ <html> <body>...

multiple find requests in a link -- impossible?
This follows up on two earlier threads whose topics were nearly identical: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=891bd813.0308121200.19e5e2f5%40posting.google.com&rnum=2&prev=/groups%3Fq%3DMark%2BBowron%2Bgroup:comp.databases.filemaker%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26group%3Dcomp.databases.filemaker%26sa%3DG%26scoring%3Dd http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group:comp.databases.filemaker+author:Larry+author:Samberg&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=B652F027.230A6%25lsamberg%40ieee.org&rnum=2 Thought I'd figured out a way to do a search o...

Can ctrl-c throw an exception?
Can I set things up so that if I hit ctrl-c while a program is running, then a catch block will be run before of a hard termination of the script? Thanks. Why not give it a try? function [] = ctrlcthrow % Call the function, then hit ctrl+c. cnt = 1; try while true cnt = cnt +1; end catch disp('Error caught') end "klydefrog" <aj00mcgraw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:18909815.1237217764250.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org... > Can I set things up so that if I hit ctrl-c while a program is running, > then a catch block...

Help needed in Finding of Standard deviation of Random Noise
I am reading a digital signal processing book "The Scientist and Engineer's Guide to Digital Signal Processing" 2nd Edition by "Steven W. Smith" I could not understand the following concept in its second chapter QUOTE Each random number has a value between zero and one, with an equal probability of being anywhere between these two extremes. Figure 2-10a shows a signal formed by taking 128 samples from this type of random number generator. The mean of the underlying process that generated this signal is 0.5, the standard deviation is, and the 1 / (12)^0.5 = 0.29 di...

where to find
in the last minute http://www.discovercanadaonline.com ...

Can I play LOTRO?
If I download the 5.6Gb high res. client can I play it in UK even tho free trial is not for Europe? Alan "Rand Al'Thor" <randalthor@wheeloftime.ie> wrote in message news:heS7k.61057$iv3.34154@newsfe14.ams2... > If I download the 5.6Gb high res. client can I play it in UK even tho free > trial is not for Europe? > > Alan > Is there a smaller client you can DL first? Might be worth a try. :-) Depending on how complicated you want to get, you might be able to work it all out through a proxy in the US if it won't let you play from the UK. &quo...

Installing Windows 7 with some Linux help
<Quote> I've been working with Windows 7 for some months now, and while 7's not for netbooks, I vastly prefer Windows 7 to Vista. So, when it came time to try out the release candidate, I didn't expect to have any trouble. I was wrong.... In the past, I had updated this desktop to Windows 7. This time, I took Microsoft's word that the best thing to do was to install Windows 7 as a new operating system. That was a mistake. After zapping the Windows 7 beta on my PC, Windows 7 couldn't find a hard drive partition to install itself on.... Next, I did something I should ...

Can I Import Multiple Files?
If some1 can please inform, I am wondering if in either Pine or Alpine, or even NANO, if I can import multiple file in to a current message? I think control+l only accepts 1 name? Thanks so much in advance Hart On Thu, 2 May 2013, Hart Larry wrote: > If some1 can please inform, I am wondering if in either Pine or Alpine, or > even NANO, if I can import multiple file in to a current message? I think > control+l only accepts 1 name? > Thanks so much in advance > Hart > Are you talking about reading in files, or attaching files to email? If it's just ...

installing mux programmatically
hi, we can install mux as protocol manually... the same kind of installation of IM is possible through some setup program?? It is require modification in notify object?? or it will be separate program which will do job of installtion of IM driver ?? Thanks in Advance, nimeesh The INetCfg interface lets you install network components, speficically INetCfgClassSetup::Install(). See the DDK docs for details. Also take a look at the NETCFG sample in the Windows 2000 DDK: ...\WINDDK\2600\src\network\config\netcfg ....or the BINDVIEW sample in the Windows DDK: ...\...

Can you help save my mariage? Monitor question
Please help, my wife is insistent taht I get rid of my 21 inch IBM P201 and buy a flat screen monitor. I am in the Uk but the makes should be the same, I need a 17 inch tft that I can still work on my photographs with. Please give advice. Gary >From: "Gary" gary.sandy@btinternet.com >Please help, my wife is insistent taht I get rid of my 21 inch IBM P201 and >buy a flat screen monitor. I am in the Uk but the makes should be the same, >I need a 17 inch tft that I can still work on my photographs with. Please >give advice. It might be cheaper in the long run t...

How can I measure the network load ?
Hi I am looking for a tool allowing to get periodically the network load of some machines on a local area network (Linux and Solaris 8), and the amount of information between clients and servers of my distributed application. The aim is to gather enough information to optimize the distribution of my processes over the network, to know which clients/servers are the most bandwith consuming in runtime conditons, and so on ... I tried netstat, but this does not give me full satisfaction, and the result is different on Linux and Solaris. Thanks for any advice ! Nicolas > I am looking for ...

Can Sendmail merge delivery attempts?
Assuming Sendmail is configured to re-try delivery every 30 minutes, if one message is in the queue for a given destination MX, I would expect there to be one TCP connection to that destination's port 25 every 30 minutes. But if there is more than one message, what is supposed to happen? I would have expected a mail server to be smart enough to still try only once every 30 minutes, but once delivery can be accomplished, it would then try to deliver everything pending in the queue for that destination. What I am instead seeing is that in a scenario with 15 messages in the queue, it is ma...

Pg_dump : Can I specify the Password ?
Hello, I'm doing automated database dump and want to be able to specify Username and Passowrd in my shell script for pg_dump. When I do man pg_dump there are no options for password. There is -U username to specify username which actually doesn't work for me, I still get prompted for username, but there is nothing to specify password. Is there anyway of going around this? I need to automate everything and forego prompting. Thanks in advance. N.K. ...

exec tethereal in TCL with options -omtp3.itu_pc_structure:3-8-3
Hi If someone can help. I am calling "exec tethereal" in TCL WISH to decode a Packet. e.g. /tmp/tmp.cap file is cap file with ITU Release Complete Message (RLC) and following in the hexdump. 00000000h: A1 B2 C3 D4 00 02 00 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ; 00000010h: FF FF FF FF 00 00 00 8D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ; 00000020h: 00 00 00 09 00 00 00 09 05 7F FB BD 8F 28 01 10 ; 00000030h: 00 I am Trying to use the -omtp3.itu_pc_structure:3-8-3 option to show the OPC & DPC in 3-8-3 format. NOW THIS WORKS GREAT WHEN I CALL THE FOLLOWING COMMAND FROM THE COMMAND LINE PROMPT. ##########...

GetClipboardData(CF_BITMAP) causes a crash in wine v0.9.53 on Fedora
It crashes in my application so I also tried running mspaint.exe and get the same result. I have attached the wine log below. Does anyone know if this is broken only in this version or has it not been working for a while now? ------------------------------------------------- err:x11drv:X11DRV_CreateBitmap Trying to make bitmap with planes=1, bpp=24 wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000004 at address 0x6df1a980 (thread 003a), starting debugger... Unhandled exception: page fault on read access to 0x00000004 in 32-bit code (0x6df1a980). Register dump: CS:0073 SS:00...

where can I get to the faq?
Hello. Roman There is no faq Lukasz <journey@op.pl> wrote in message news:RGXQb.306234$Tz1.111302@news.chello.at... > Hello. > Roman Lukasz wrote: > Hello. > > Roman Faq off. ...

can't resolve host name
Problem: I can't resolve LAN computer names from my imac Context: * imac G5 running Tiger with all updates * imac is on a LAN with a linksys wrt54G router * win2k machine on same LAN * Linksys router performs dhcp services * my win2k machine uses a setting, "use NetBIOS setting from DHCP server" to enable me to resolve host names (as I can demonstrate with Ping hostname) Question: What settings do i make on the imac running Tiger to achieve the same goal (host name resolution) Thank you !!!! Bil ...

installation of perl module Net::SFTP
Hi, I am trying to install Net::SFTP from the CPAN mirror site by using the command perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::SFTP' but it is giving me the following error perl perl5/5.8.3/ExtUtils/xsubpp -typemap /usr/ perl5/5.8.3/ExtUtils/typemap -typemap typemap Pari.xs > Pari.xsc && m v Pari.xsc Pari.c gcc -c -Ipari-2.1.5/src/headers -Ipari-2.1.5/src -I./libPARI -U M_XENI X -D PERL_SCO -D HAS_FPSETMASK -melf -fno-strict-aliasing -I/include - O2 -DVERSION=\"2.010501\" -DXS_VERSION=\"2.010501\" -fPIC "-I/perl5/5.8.3/i386-sco/CORE" ...