Invalid Argument error on boot

I have a SunFire V210 which is spitting out a "Invalid Argument" error
during boot.  The error occurs immediately following the "normal" error
messages you get when loading the volume manager on Solaris 9:

WARNING: forceload of misc/md_trans failed
WARNING: forceload of misc/md_raid failed
WARNING: forceload of misc/md_hotspares failed
Invalid Argument: Operation failed

I had recently made a bunch of changes to the security configuration of
the system.  My guess is I fat-fingered something and didn't catch it. Any
tips for finding out exactly where this is occuring?  I looked through the
init scripts, but no luck.  Any debug-ish or verbose-like options I can
enable like a set -x somewhere?

Thanks
0
kevin

kevin <wicket59@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Invalid Argument: Operation failed
>
> I had recently made a bunch of changes to the security configuration of
> the system.  My guess is I fat-fingered something and didn't catch it. Any
> tips for finding out exactly where this is occuring?  I looked through the
> init scripts, but no luck.  Any debug-ish or verbose-like options I can
> enable like a set -x somewhere?

Maybe something in /etc/system, or *.conf under /kernel/drv/ ? I'd try
"boot -v", and/or take a look at /var/adm/messages for a start.

mp.
--
Systems Administrator | Institute of Scientific Computing | Univ. of Vienna
0
On Wed, 11 May 2005 08:32:49 +0000, Martin Paul wrote:

> kevin <wicket59@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Invalid Argument: Operation failed
>>
>> I had recently made a bunch of changes to the security configuration of
>> the system.  My guess is I fat-fingered something and didn't catch it. Any
>> tips for finding out exactly where this is occuring?  I looked through the
>> init scripts, but no luck.  Any debug-ish or verbose-like options I can
>> enable like a set -x somewhere?
>
> Maybe something in /etc/system, or *.conf under /kernel/drv/ ? I'd try
> "boot -v", and/or take a look at /var/adm/messages for a start.

Found it.  It was in a netconfig script - ndd setting gone wrong.  :)

Tks..
0
kevin