olwm won't load in X-Window on Linux. (arcane - really arcane)

I'm running xdm on a SPARC10 under SunOS 4.1.4
I do this on the Linux Machine:
Xephyr :3 -ac -screen 1280x1024 -br -reset -terminate -query arcad 2> /dev/null &

arcad being the SPARC10.

I get a nice window on Linux and a little login screen. I log into arcad, and I get a little xterm window on the larger Xephyr screen.  I type olwm & in the xterm window and get a core dump.

then in the xterm window I setenv DISPLAY 10.0.0.2:3.0

I check setenv and the new DISPLAY is there.

Then I type olwm & and get another core dump.

I concede that this whole endeavour is likely borderline insane, but I thought it would be easy. In the early nineties we had no problem running X on Tektronix X (server) terminals and Hummingbird on our customer's 486 pcs.

I suppose no-one here is doing anything like this, nor has for 15 years, but...

at the least, where can I find the error log if there is one on the Sun?

john
0
John