PCI bus fault

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

When connecting a Sun StoreEdge D2 to a Sun V440 with a Sun StoreEdge
PCI Dual Ultra3 SCSI Host Adapter we get the following error:

ERROR: LSI1030 MPT Firmware, Fault code:8112: PCI bus fault
ERROR: LSI1030: Could not set initiator ID
Can't open SCSI host adapter

We use the host system's 64 bit 66 MHZ PCI slot.

When connecting the D2 to the Dual FastEthernet and Dual SCSI/P
Adapter we get no error messages and all disk are visable.

You advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Fred
0
Reply fredje110 (17) 12/19/2003 7:20:57 PM

See related articles to this posting

comp.unix.solaris 25792 articles. 87 followers. Post

Bus Error (Segmentation Fault) reading PCI device memory
I'm porting a device driver to Solaris 9 x86 for a PCI device, and I get a Bus Error (segmentation fault) when attempting to read the device, both from Kernel mode and from user mode. I can read the beginning of the device memory space of register #2, which is 0x80000 in length, but past an offset of 0x1a000 I get a bus error. I ran my user-mode test program with the debugger (gdb). The program ended with a bus error after attempting to read from an offset of 0x40008. Then I tried inspecting the m_pHardware variable (which is mapped to the device register #2). Below is the program out...

question about PCI/PCI-64/PCI-X bus sharing
I am getting a new motherboard that has an integrated PCI-X Ultra320 controller built in (Adaptec 7902). Unfortunately the version of the Adaptec controller used in this mobo is not the version that natively supports RAID, so I am looking into a zero-channel RAID card to provide that feature. The motherboard doesn't have PCI-X slots but it does have two PCI 64-bit x 66 MHz slots. Companies like Adaptec that sell zero-channel RAID solutions say that this won't be a bottleneck to the SCSI and RAID performance, but how can that be? If the controller itself is PCI-X, then when it ac...

question about PCI/PCI-64/PCI-X bus sharing
I am getting a new motherboard that has an integrated PCI-X Ultra320 controller built in (Adaptec 7902). Unfortunately the version of the Adaptec controller used in this mobo is not the version that natively supports RAID, so I am looking into a zero-channel RAID card to provide that feature. The motherboard doesn't have PCI-X slots but it does have two PCI 64-bit x 66 MHz slots. Companies like Adaptec that sell zero-channel RAID solutions say that this won't be a bottleneck to the SCSI and RAID performance, but how can that be? If the controller itself is PCI-X, then wh...

AGP bus installed on PCI bus?
Windows detects AGP bus installed on PCI. How can this be true if AGP operates at rates much higher that PCI peak performance? This only shows how the config space accesses are wired on the motherboard, and also the lameness of the particular ACPI table. I saw ACPI tables who claimed that the PS/2 mouse is installed on PCI bus :-) -- Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP StorageCraft Corporation maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com "valentin tihomirov" <valentin_NOSPAM_NOWORMS@abelectron.com> wrote in message news:bvdbrp$r5jo4$1@ID-212430...

PCI Bus -Retrieving Bus Utilization Values
Hello All, I want to know the Real Time values of following PCI Bus attributes, Bus Utilization, Bus ThroughPut. Is there any way to get this information? Thanks, dada Here are more details about my question. Actually I wanted to check , how much PCI Bus is loaded through software means only? And use this data in my application to control the Load on the Bus. I dont want to use any external hardware or specialized Card for this purpose.Are there any other characterstics which I can check to get idea about how much the bus is loaded? The tools which I searched on n...

PCI Bus -Retrieving Bus Utilization Values
Hello All, I want to know the Real Time values of following PCI Bus attributes, Bus Utilization, Bus ThroughPut. Is there any way to get this information? Thanks, dada Not through any OS/software means... You will need a PCI bus analyzer to get meaningful data. David > Hello All, > I want to know the Real Time values of following PCI Bus attributes, > Bus Utilization, Bus > ThroughPut. Is there any way to get this information? > Thanks a lot David. My problem is that, I want to retrieve this values using software only. I am a new comer in Drive...

Difference Between CAN Mute Fault and CAN Bus Off Fault
Hai all, Can any one please give the me more details about CAN Mute and CAN Bus off Faults. I thick CAN Bus off is nothing but isolation of faulty nodes from the network. What is mean by CAN Mute? What is the main difference between CAN Mute Fault and CAN Bus Off Fault?What is the purpose of the CAN Mute fault? Thanking you all Rajesh Maddukuri raj wrote: > Hai all, > > Can any one please give the me more details about CAN Mute and CAN Bus > off Faults. > > I thick CAN Bus off is nothing but isolation of faulty nodes from the > network. > > What is mean by...

From good-old ISA bus cards to PCI bus
I'm one of that "old" engineer with a bit of experience on ISA bus cards. Over the years I've designed and manufactured various cards for the ISA bus. But as the technology runs faster than I'm, my good-old cards become obsolete. I would like to ask what would be the simplest way of learning and experimenting on PCI bus ? Hi, I'm assuming you are interested in implementing your PCI interfaces in an FPGA because you posted to this newsgroup. As for learning about PCI, you can buy the PCI System Architecture book by Mindshare. That's a good book, especially...

hauppauge wintv pci fm
Hello, is it possibile to transfer the sound from the WINTV to the soundcard as bitstream over the PCI Bus ? to release the LINE In of the soundcard for over applications ? The msp3400 should be able to do this ? Immo Immo Wetzel wrote: > Hello, > > is it possibile to transfer the sound from the WINTV to the soundcard > as bitstream over the PCI Bus ? to release the LINE In of the > soundcard for over applications ? > > The msp3400 should be able to do this ? > > Immo Hi Immo, as far as I know there is only analogue sound via the audio ports on the card. T...

PCI Bus
Hello, Can you please tell me about links where I can get PCI bus architecture. Thanks. Pruthvi Pruthvi wrote: > Can you please tell me about links where I can > get PCI bus architecture. http://www.pcisig.com/ -- Markku Kolkka markku.kolkka@iki.fi ...

PCI bus
Hi On an Ultra 10, up to 4 cards can be attached on to the PCI-A bus. The PCI-A bus is specified as being 32-bits wide and working at 33MHz. My question is: Does the speed of the bus (33MHz) vary with the number of cards on the PCI slots? I don't know anything about hardware so, intuitively, I would have guessed that the more devices you have on the bus, the slower the speed of the bus. Because you have more than one device contending for the same amount of bandwidth on the bus. Thanks Troy Troy Fiddler <tfiddler@calendar.com> writes: >On an Ultra 10, up to 4 cards can...

What PCI bus do I have?
Greetings, I have the very first version of the Mac G4 (400MHz) that came off the shelf, I think they call it Sawtooth, but I'm not sure. None of the docs tell me what is in the darn thing. I need to add a USB card to the PCI bus to give me more hardware USB ports. It seems like nothing more complex than a mouse will daisy chain on a Mac, so I need more direct ports. But, when I look at PCI cards to add, they stipulate things like Need PCI 2.0 or 2.1 or 2.2 - What does my G4 have in it? Where can I find this information - Please don't say the "Apple site", I don'...

Does a 4422 pci cards really need a 66 Mhz PCI bus ?
Hello, Thank for your comments. The question takes place in a 33 or 66 Mhz context. Regards E.R Spain Eric Roland <hbe@hotmail.com> wrote: > Thank for your comments. The question takes place in a 33 or 66 Mhz > context. Depends what you're trying to do with it. The 4422 has 2x GigE ports, and 2x SCSI (160 or 320, forget which). If you want to run everything at full speed at the same time, a 33Mhz bus _will_ limit performance. If you're just running the networks at 100Mbps (or even GigE without much traffic), and the SCSI ports are just your boot disks, then 33Mhz...

Porting drivers for PCI card to single board chips connected by PCI bus?
HI all, I'm new in the PCI world, as well as linux kernel. Here are my questions: two same chips, one is on a PCI card, the other is on a single board connected by the PCI bus. what is the difference between the drivers for them? How big? How about porting one to the other? the Sea wrote: > HI all, I'm new in the PCI world, as well as linux kernel. > Here are my questions: > two same chips, one is on a PCI card, the other is on a single board > connected by the PCI bus. what is the difference between the drivers > for them? How big? How about porting one...

Tuning PCI latency/max_grant or priority settings on Sun Blade 150 PCI-bus
For a special device (streaming video capture) in a Sun Blade150, I want to configure the devices on the PCI in such a way, that this special device gets the PCI-bus within a certain max-time, when it request the bus. And when it got the bus, it should keep it for a minimum number of bus-cycles. As far as I know the PCI-bus,a PCI-device has a registor with a latency-timer value on board. This tells the board how much bus-cycles it may keep the bus, after getting it. There's also another setting, called "max_grant". If PCI-devices or the PCI-arbiter use the max_grant, is not cle...

transferring audio data between SHARC bus and PCI bus on Audio PMC board via SHARCFIN ASIC
hello i want to ask how can i transfer data on Audio PMC board between SHARC bu and PCI bus via SHARCFIN ASIC. thanks salrome ...

PCI Bus Error
I just moved my P4 m/b to a new case, and now I'm encountering an error at bootup (2.4.18). The bootup seems to go OK (no obvious errors) almost to completion, but before I see the login prompt I get this error message streaming endlessly across the screen: eth0: PCI Bus error 2290 (there is also an occasional reference to an interrupt) From this point I lose control of the machine. I can't log in, so I can't view the logs. What is more, the only way I can stop or reboot is by hitting the rest button, and on the next bootup I have to wait for fsck to check /dev/hda1, w...

PCI bus controller?
Does anybody know of any good PCI bus controllers that are suitable for use hobby boards. I've been thinking about designing a fully fledged PC using a ColdFire chip with SDRAM, PCI, USB and IDE. Getting Linux up and running shouldn't be a problem if I use common USB and PCI chips. Any suggestions and sources for nice PCI bus controllers? Dave David Huseby wrote: > Does anybody know of any good PCI bus controllers that are suitable for use > hobby boards. I've been thinking about designing a fully fledged PC using a > ColdFire chip with SDRAM, PCI, USB and IDE. ...

PCI bus number
Was working on a new MB that doesn't have all the devices on PCI Bus 0, and I'm curious what the maximum bus number can be. The fucntion call only accepts an 8 bit number (AH I believe) so I'd presume 0-255, but can't find anything concrete. Thanks in advance. Charles. "C Wood" <cdotrdotwood@verizondotnet.removeme> wrote in message news:v%m9b.15209$NX3.9934@nwrddc01.gnilink.net... : Was working on a new MB that doesn't have all the devices on PCI Bus 0, : and I'm curious what the maximum bus number can be. The fucntion call only :...

pci bus emulator
Hi! &nbsp; I'm trying to write a program in LabView to emulate the signals of PCI BUS, accordingly to PCI Local Bus Specification. I'm supposed to program NI-7831R Reconfigurable FPGA modul, with this program to emulate all the signals of PCI BUS. &nbsp; Does anybody knows any VI's that I can use to complete the tast, and save some time, I would be very grateful. Or maybe some tutorials or tips, how to produce such signals. &nbsp; &nbsp; Due to the timing and clocking of the FPGA and the digital output signals on the 7831R I think this may be difficult or impossibl...

8255 on PCI bus
I do not have much experience on PCI bus. I designed and used 8255 on many different ISA boards. Can anyone suggest how can I connect an (or couple of ) 8255 to a PCI bus in simplest possible way? <Pier Joursey> wrote in message news:41446f6f$0$15373$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... >I do not have much experience on PCI bus. I designed and used 8255 on many >different ISA boards. > Can anyone suggest how can I connect an (or couple of ) 8255 to a PCI bus > in simplest possible way? You might be able to use a PCI bridge chip like the ones from PLX to interface the 82...

PCI Bus Enumeration
Could someone explain to be what is meant by the phrase "PCI Enumeration"? I think that it has something to do with initialising the PCI bus and devices. How is this done by a BIOS or the Operating System. What if you are not running with an OS what happens to the PCI devices and does enumeration still take place? What effect has a PCI bridge or a Compact PCI bridge have on the Enumeration process? Obviously, if there are webpages out there that has this information then point me to them. My question is not related to any specific Operating System (Windows or Linux) i...

Using PCI bus
Hi to all, I have to read and write data do PCI bus, not serial port but PCI bus. It's possible with wxWidgets? Can I have an example? Sorry but I'm a beginner. Best Franco --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org You already got some replies when you asked this question last week. However, wxWidgets is a GUI framework. Are you expecting it to provide access to the PCI bus? -----Original Message----- From:...

PCI bus coherency
Ok, here's the situation. I've got a PCI card that works on DMA descriptors that look something like this: uint32 next; uint32 status; fragment[64] { uint32 addr; uint32 length; } The problem is that I need to update "next" in the driver to add new descriptors while at the same time the card needs to update "status" if/when it's done with the current descriptor. From my reading of the IRIX device driver programmer's guide, chapter 20, the system operates on 128 byte cache lines which, depending on how you read things, may or may...