PCI bus fault

When connecting a Sun StoreEdge D2 to a Sun V440 with a Sun StoreEdge
PCI Dual Ultra3 SCSI Host Adapter we get the following error:

ERROR: LSI1030 MPT Firmware, Fault code:8112: PCI bus fault
ERROR: LSI1030: Could not set initiator ID
Can't open SCSI host adapter

We use the host system's 64 bit 66 MHZ PCI slot.

When connecting the D2 to the Dual FastEthernet and Dual SCSI/P
Adapter we get no error messages and all disk are visable.

You advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Fred
0
fredje110 (17)

Some design issues on changing from PCI->PCI-Express?
Hi, we search for the fastest way to make our board PCI-Express capable. Up to now we use a Freescale 56301 DSP with integrated PCI bridge. We don't stick to that particular IC so much, because of RoHS. But it would be nice if we could reuse the code. We have mainly two ideas: - use another DSP that is RoHS compliant and some IC that converts PCI-Express (this would be good because of the code reusage, but which interface would be inbetween the DSP and the PCIe Bridge?) or - use a FPGA that includes the functionality of the DSP and a PCI-Express implementation. So my question: 1.) which...

PCI 6115 with DAQ toolbox
Hi all, Is there any way to disable the low-pass filter in PCI-6115 measurement card (or any) using the data acquisition toolbox? Thx Joonas ...

Is it possible to update PCI 2.1 to PCI 2.2 by updating BIOS?
Dear all, Currently my motherboard only supports PCI 2.1. Is it possible to update PCI 2.1 to PCI 2.2 by updating BIOS? Thanks a million, Adrian You'll need to go to your Mobo manufacturer's web site for that one. -- Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service -------------------------------------------------------- "Lee" <yxl4444@louisiana.edu> wrote in message news:5c3c88bc.0406170712.14db4bb2@posting.google.com... > Dear all, > > Currently my motherboard only supports PCI 2.1. Is it possible to > update PCI 2.1 to PCI 2.2 by updating BIOS? > > Thanks...

Looking for an USB PCI Card for my Ultra 10
I'm in desperate need of two USB ports for my Solaris 8 server. I heard that Belkin PCI Host Adapter cards might work best. Can anybody confirm that http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Product_Id=103992 works on my machine ? Or does anybody know a cheaper solution because the cheapest price i found is US$ 44 + 29 (shipping) which is more then i paid for the Ultra 10 itself. Do Belkins newer USB 2.0 versions work on Sparc Solaris 8 ? In article <1142418050.943391.153380@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "llothar" <llothar@web.de> wrot...

Dual Port RAM: Different Bus Sizes?
Hi: I'm trying to define a dual port ram device with a 16kx16bit bus and a 32Kx8bit bus referring to the same memory. The following gets the job done- but it uses a mux to select 8 of 16 for the 8 bit data bus. I'm using a Xilinx part and I understand the ram blocks can be setup with different bus aspect ratios. Is there a way to convince the synthesiser to do this in plain old verilog, without resorting to direct instantiation of the Xilinx ram block primitive? I'm a newbie to verilog- so I hope this isn't a dumb question. Thanks, Jason H. module system...

[p,pci]=mle(...) yields complex pci
Hi, I am using the matlab mle function with a custom pdf and cdf, without censoring and customized statset, mainly to set a correct DerivStep. [p,pci]=mle(...) yields a pci which has a imaginary component. What am I doing wrong? (Could it be that the found Jacobian is invalid?) Regards Alexander Kemp Alexander Kemp: <SNIP <mle> conundrum... > [p,pci]=mle(...) > yields a pci which has a imaginary component... it would be helpful if you could expand the ominous <...> us The ominous <...> contains a series development after Physical Reviev B, Volume 51,...

US-TX-Austin: Applications Eng., 8+yrs exp., PCI protocols; Contract to Hire (45338532413)
US-TX-Austin: Applications Eng., 8+yrs exp., PCI protocols; Contract to Hire (45338532413) ========================================================================================== Position: Applications Eng. Reference: SMC01916 Location: Austin TX Duration: Contract to Hire Skills: 8-10yrs exp, with knowledge of current and future server platforms. Knowledge of advanced PCI protocols. Fiber Channel experience. Scope: Will Serve as the primary technical interface between customers/partners...

PCI related documents
I would like to know more about configuring PCI.Could you suggest some documents which would help me.I would like to know details regarding configuration read and write and the mechanism used to configure PCI using the configuration space. Ayon kay jpvarkey@gmail.com: > I would like to know more about configuring PCI.Could you suggest some > documents which would help me.I would like to know details regarding > configuration read and write and the mechanism used to configure PCI > using the configuration space. hi, config read/write: those are trasactions initiated by the bus ma...

real time windows target advantech PCI 1711 analog output problem
Hi, I have got a strange problem with Advantech card (PCI 1711). The problem occurs in real time windows target. I use analog output block in my simulink model and I set the initial and final values but when I connect to target the values are different than they ough to be. During the real time execution of the model it is also a problem because these voltage values are all the time wrong. I found that the problem was in the output range. It is set to 0-5V but is doesnt work as if it was 0-5V. I know that because if I set this range manually (outside matlab) before I start connecting to targe...

Pci-e, pci-x, or pci Low Profile E-sata card out there?
Anyone know of any e-sata pci-x or pci or pcie cards out there.. (was hoping for one with two external ports too.. now i'm really reaching here)... I cant seem to find any, that is.. any Low profile type.. I have a rack mount server which only takes low profile cards.. I need a way to externalize two harddrives (hot swapable). I have the removable bays in my server case, but I believe the drives themself need to be hot swap capable for me to be able to just pull those drawers out and back in.. which at 500gb each, they arent. Thanks Previously markm75 <markm75c@msn.com...

What's Nonpipelined bus mean?
Hi all, I always heard Nonpipelined bus. Is any bus Nonpipelined? Or is there Pipelined bus or other types of bus. Thanks in advance! Best regards, Davy Davy wrote: > Hi all, > > I always heard Nonpipelined bus. Is any bus Nonpipelined? Or is there > Pipelined bus or other types of bus. Thanks in advance! Sure, a bus can be pipelined. In many FPGAs busses are actually a collection of point to point connections with multiplexers. The multiplexers can be pipelined in sections which will allow faster clock speeds. Hi, rickman, Thanks! Can you tell me what's Nonpipelined...

DVI/PCI graphics card needed
I'm looking for a graphics card with the following properties: * Has DVI output * PCI (not PCIe) * Not so much power consumption (power supply for my Dell L800r is only 145W) I want the card to sharpen the appearance of text on my Samsung 940BX LCD monitor. I don't need it for fancy things like gaming. Any suggestions? (I'm quite willing to buy an old card off of Ebay, etc.) TIA, S On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 07:04:34 -0400, sinister wrote: > I'm looking for a graphics card with the following properties: * Has DVI > output > * PCI (not PCIe) > * Not so much powe...

PCI: system does not support PCI.
I need to use a PCI card but my system does not recognize the PCI bus. I use Slackware v10 with kernel 2.4.16; I can only use this version of kernel because I also use RTAI and LTT. GCC is 2.95.3 With kernel 2.4.16 the messages at startup are: PCI Bios revision 2.10 entry at 0xfdb01, last bus=2 PCI: system does not support PCI When I try to mount my moule, system say that there is no device. OK, in my system I have also another kernel mounted, version 2.4.22 so I try it and.....IT FUNCTION!! I've tried to compare the kernel configuration and it seems to be very simil...

PCI SCSI Card on A4000
Hello :) Anyone knows if it is possible to use an Adaptec PCI U160 card on my (obviously PCI-Busboarded) A4000? Alternatively, how about a good ol' Adaptec 2940? -- Torquemada. "Everything is possible if you wish hard enough." James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan ...

US-TX-Austin: RTL Design/Verification Eng., 3+yrs exp protocols PCI; Contract to (45338257602)
US-TX-Austin: RTL Design/Verification Eng., 3+yrs exp protocols PCI; Contract to (45338257602) ============================================================================================== Position: RTL Design/Verification Eng Reference: SMC01913 Location: Austin TX Duration: Contract to Hire Skills: Strong background in RTL design and/or verification 3+yrs exp with current and future network protocols such as PCI-x or PCI-express, and fiber channel knowledge Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eur...

US-CA-Brea: Systems Support, Data Warehouse Solutions, Bus Intelligence; 7M (45340632407)
US-CA-Brea: Systems Support, Data Warehouse Solutions, Bus Intelligence; 7M (45340632407) ========================================================================================= Position: Systems Support Reference: SMC01944 Location: Brea CA Duration: 7M Skills: Data Warehouse Solutions Business Intelligence relational databases (Oracle a must) Business Intelligence tools (preferably Brio) data modeling tools such as Erwin, data modeling/architecture techniques (star schema ...

SCSI bus reset error on boot
I'm having problems with my attached DAT 24 drives that are chained together on my E220R. Does anyone know what these errors might refer to? The drives were showing up in /dev/rmt/*ubn. I removed those sym links and did a boot -r to reconfigure, and these messages showed: WARNING: /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1 (glm1): Unexpected DMA state: ACTIVE. dstat=81<DMA-FIFO-empty,illegal-instruction> WARNING: /pci@1f,4000/scsi@3,1 (glm1): got SCSI bus reset And now only two sym links were created after the reconfig: lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 45 Nov 6 11:46 /dev...

PCI or PCI-X cards in PCI Express slots
Do the new G5s with PCI Express accept PCI or PCI-X cards? I don't know if I will be able to use my old cards (adaptec 29160 and Sonnet Allegro FW800) Thanks for your guidance Galerada wrote: > Do the new G5s with PCI Express accept PCI or PCI-X cards? I don't know > if I will be able to use my old cards (adaptec 29160 and Sonnet Allegro > FW800) No, they are not compatible. dale -- dstanbro@spam.o.matic.bigpond.net.au Thanks for the info, Dale. In article <MrNoSpam-E6DC27.06472922102005@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Dale Stanbrough <MrNoSpam@bigpoop.net...

I2C Bus and PCI-DIO-96
i want to use PCI-DIO-96 to communicate with one i2c instrument by i2c bus. Anybody has sameple vi for that? Or give me some concept that how to programm with LV or CVI? Thanks a lot ! Duplicate Link: http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RPAGEID=137&HOID=506500000005000000345A0100&HTHREAD=000088628&UCATEGORY_0=_31_%24_12_&UCATEGORY_S=0 ...

Continuous sampling sync between PCI-6601 and PCI-6251
Hi, first post here. So I have a current data acquisition setup already working well using a PCI-6251 card.&nbsp; I am using the ai/sampleclock as the source for all of the digital input, and counter input sample clocks.&nbsp; I've got the timing set up as continuous samples, sample rate 1000 to 10000 adjustable, and I'm getting great data with the setup.&nbsp; Now I want to add another card, the PCI-6601 to have access to four more counters.&nbsp; I want to use the same continuous samples setup, and use the same sample clock between the devices (6251 ai sample clock)....

US-IL-Chicago: Business Analyst, Foreign Exchange front office bus. knowledge; 6 (45323057605)
US-IL-Chicago: Business Analyst, Foreign Exchange front office bus. knowledge; 6 (45323057605) ============================================================================================== Position: Business Support Analyst Reference: SMC01648 Location: Chicago IL Duration: 6-12m Skills: Must have had exposure to the Capital Markets marketplace especially the Foreign Exchange markets. The individual must be a 'hands on' person, with strong business analysis skills and experience. Essential Ski...

Firewall with PCI ADSL Card
Hello, Has anyone ever used an internal ADSL modem ? If so, then maybe someone can help me : I know one can do a firewall[ing bridge] with 2 "normal" network cards on a linux box. But is it possible when one interface is an ADSL PCI card ? ('coz it's pppoe getting out of the ADSL card and it seems like Netfilter doesn't see it, as pppd manages ppp trafic) The goal is to put everything in ONE box instead of modem + fw. Thanks Coutancais wrote: > Hello, > > Has anyone ever used an internal ADSL modem ? > If so, then maybe someone can ...

Segmentation Fault help requested
I am working on a script that opens a telnet session to a router, using expect, and then changes the IP address of the router (the same IP address used to open the expect session). As soon as the command completes, the script stops with a segmentation fault: porsche:~/bin> gdb GNU gdb 19991004 Copyright 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc. GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type...

Advantech PCI 1711S Board Setup
Hi, I�m working with a Advantech PCI 1711S card, when I use Matlab everthing works perfect. But when I use Simulink and than a Analog Output => double click => Block Parameters => Board Setup , there I can�t find the card. So maybe someone know the PCI Slot Addrese. You don't mention what product you're using, but if you're using Real Time Target for Windows, it supports the 1711, but I'm not sure if it supports the S variant. Data Acquisition Toolbox supports both. -Rob -- Rob Purser Data Acquisition Engineer The MathWorks rob.purser@mathworks.com "Mario...

PCI Express PC's
When are the PCI Express PC's going to hit the market? On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:11:04 GMT, "Jiffy Lube" <not@home.com> wrote: >When are the PCI Express PC's going to hit the market? > I'm not sure myself, but you might get a more informed answer in the motherboard newsgroups where it is discussed occasionally. -- Andrew. To email unscramble nrc@gurjevgrzrboivbhf.pbz & remove spamtrap. Help make Usenet a better place: English is read downwards, please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text. Check groups.google.com before asking a q...