PCI bus fault

When connecting a Sun StoreEdge D2 to a Sun V440 with a Sun StoreEdge
PCI Dual Ultra3 SCSI Host Adapter we get the following error:

ERROR: LSI1030 MPT Firmware, Fault code:8112: PCI bus fault
ERROR: LSI1030: Could not set initiator ID
Can't open SCSI host adapter

We use the host system's 64 bit 66 MHZ PCI slot.

When connecting the D2 to the Dual FastEthernet and Dual SCSI/P
Adapter we get no error messages and all disk are visable.

You advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Fred
0
fredje110 (17)

question about PCI/PCI-64/PCI-X bus sharing
I am getting a new motherboard that has an integrated PCI-X Ultra320 controller built in (Adaptec 7902). Unfortunately the version of the Adaptec controller used in this mobo is not the version that natively supports RAID, so I am looking into a zero-channel RAID card to provide that feature. The motherboard doesn't have PCI-X slots but it does have two PCI 64-bit x 66 MHz slots. Companies like Adaptec that sell zero-channel RAID solutions say that this won't be a bottleneck to the SCSI and RAID performance, but how can that be? If the controller itself is PCI-X, then wh...

question about PCI/PCI-64/PCI-X bus sharing
I am getting a new motherboard that has an integrated PCI-X Ultra320 controller built in (Adaptec 7902). Unfortunately the version of the Adaptec controller used in this mobo is not the version that natively supports RAID, so I am looking into a zero-channel RAID card to provide that feature. The motherboard doesn't have PCI-X slots but it does have two PCI 64-bit x 66 MHz slots. Companies like Adaptec that sell zero-channel RAID solutions say that this won't be a bottleneck to the SCSI and RAID performance, but how can that be? If the controller itself is PCI-X, then when it ac...

Please help
I would like to be able to read the "reg" property from either user mode or kernel mode. From that I can get bus device and function numbers, and also vendor and device id (although the latter i can read easily from config space). I would rather know how to get this information from both user and kernel mode, but even one would be sufficient. I have tried with ddi_prop_lookup_int_array in my driver: error = ddi_prop_lookup_int_array(dev, dip, DDI_PROP_CANSLEEP, "reg", &datap, &num); if(error == DDI_PROP_SUCCESS) ddi_prop_free(datap); I keep getting error = 1, m...

Bus Error (Segmentation Fault) reading PCI device memory
I'm porting a device driver to Solaris 9 x86 for a PCI device, and I get a Bus Error (segmentation fault) when attempting to read the device, both from Kernel mode and from user mode. I can read the beginning of the device memory space of register #2, which is 0x80000 in length, but past an offset of 0x1a000 I get a bus error. I ran my user-mode test program with the debugger (gdb). The program ended with a bus error after attempting to read from an offset of 0x40008. Then I tried inspecting the m_pHardware variable (which is mapped to the device register #2). Below is the program out...

AGP bus installed on PCI bus?
Windows detects AGP bus installed on PCI. How can this be true if AGP operates at rates much higher that PCI peak performance? This only shows how the config space accesses are wired on the motherboard, and also the lameness of the particular ACPI table. I saw ACPI tables who claimed that the PS/2 mouse is installed on PCI bus :-) -- Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP StorageCraft Corporation maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com "valentin tihomirov" <valentin_NOSPAM_NOWORMS@abelectron.com> wrote in message news:bvdbrp$r5jo4$1@ID-212430...

Solaris 10 (u3) Blade 100
I have installed u3 onto the Blade 100, not long after I started to see error messages pop-up. First it complained about the RAM, and now it is detecting driver/hardware faults in just about every PCI device. The error message ID: PCI-8000-42, with an event ID of 00fe4e41-2b83-48da-849b-eabc5513f362. When I run fmdump -v -u on the above event ID, I get 1726 lines (dividing by 5 lines) I get 345 devices listed. Is the stock standard Blade 100 incompatible with S10? If so, what needs to be done to bring it up to a level that will support S10? Wayne. wrote: > I have installed u3 ont...

Re: Follow Up:Re: Solaris 10 (u3) Blade 100
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 23:07:45 +1000 "Wayne." <noname@some.isp.com> wrote: > Wayne. wrote: > > I have installed u3 onto the Blade 100, not long after I started to > > see error messages pop-up. First it complained about the RAM, and > > now it is detecting driver/hardware faults in just about every PCI > > device. > >=20 > > The error message ID: PCI-8000-42, with an event ID of=20 > > 00fe4e41-2b83-48da-849b-eabc5513f362. > >=20 > > When I run fmdump -v -u on the above event ID, I get 1726 lines=20 > > (dividing by...

PCI Bus -Retrieving Bus Utilization Values
Hello All, I want to know the Real Time values of following PCI Bus attributes, Bus Utilization, Bus ThroughPut. Is there any way to get this information? Thanks, dada Here are more details about my question. Actually I wanted to check , how much PCI Bus is loaded through software means only? And use this data in my application to control the Load on the Bus. I dont want to use any external hardware or specialized Card for this purpose.Are there any other characterstics which I can check to get idea about how much the bus is loaded? The tools which I searched on n...

PCI Bus -Retrieving Bus Utilization Values
Hello All, I want to know the Real Time values of following PCI Bus attributes, Bus Utilization, Bus ThroughPut. Is there any way to get this information? Thanks, dada Not through any OS/software means... You will need a PCI bus analyzer to get meaningful data. David > Hello All, > I want to know the Real Time values of following PCI Bus attributes, > Bus Utilization, Bus > ThroughPut. Is there any way to get this information? > Thanks a lot David. My problem is that, I want to retrieve this values using software only. I am a new comer in Drive...

From good-old ISA bus cards to PCI bus
I'm one of that "old" engineer with a bit of experience on ISA bus cards. Over the years I've designed and manufactured various cards for the ISA bus. But as the technology runs faster than I'm, my good-old cards become obsolete. I would like to ask what would be the simplest way of learning and experimenting on PCI bus ? Hi, I'm assuming you are interested in implementing your PCI interfaces in an FPGA because you posted to this newsgroup. As for learning about PCI, you can buy the PCI System Architecture book by Mindshare. That's a good book, especially...

Difference Between CAN Mute Fault and CAN Bus Off Fault
Hai all, Can any one please give the me more details about CAN Mute and CAN Bus off Faults. I thick CAN Bus off is nothing but isolation of faulty nodes from the network. What is mean by CAN Mute? What is the main difference between CAN Mute Fault and CAN Bus Off Fault?What is the purpose of the CAN Mute fault? Thanking you all Rajesh Maddukuri raj wrote: > Hai all, > > Can any one please give the me more details about CAN Mute and CAN Bus > off Faults. > > I thick CAN Bus off is nothing but isolation of faulty nodes from the > network. > > What is mean by...

hauppauge wintv pci fm
Hello, is it possibile to transfer the sound from the WINTV to the soundcard as bitstream over the PCI Bus ? to release the LINE In of the soundcard for over applications ? The msp3400 should be able to do this ? Immo Immo Wetzel wrote: > Hello, > > is it possibile to transfer the sound from the WINTV to the soundcard > as bitstream over the PCI Bus ? to release the LINE In of the > soundcard for over applications ? > > The msp3400 should be able to do this ? > > Immo Hi Immo, as far as I know there is only analogue sound via the audio ports on the card. T...

Oracle slow on Solaris. Fault of Solaris or of Oracle queries?
Hi all, I have an question question about Oracle on Solaris. Sorry if the question is half and half related to this newsgroup but I'm looking for sysadmin point of view. I've noticed Oracle gets quite slow when some stored procedures are launched. Now from the point of view of sysadmin, what parameters do I check to make sure the problem is Memory/bound or CPU/bound rather than poorly written queries ? Thanks in advance Francesco On 2005-03-21 04:51:50 -0500, "Marco" <fmarchioni@libero.it> said: > Hi all, > I have an question question about Oracle on Solaris....

PCI Bus
Hello, Can you please tell me about links where I can get PCI bus architecture. Thanks. Pruthvi Pruthvi wrote: > Can you please tell me about links where I can > get PCI bus architecture. http://www.pcisig.com/ -- Markku Kolkka markku.kolkka@iki.fi ...

Web resources about - PCI bus fault - comp.unix.solaris

Fault tolerance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An example of graceful degradation by design in an image with transparency. The top two images are each the result of viewing the composite image ...

Australian Open: Lleyton Hewitt blasts umpire as foot fault calls stall fightback
Lleyton Hewitt has turned back the clock in his final outing at the Australian Open, taking aim at the chair umpire in an emotional night for ...

Betting's move into tennis a double fault
Andy Murray as a tennis player is as dour as his Scottish ancestry demands, but his comments on gambling sponsorship of the Australian Open reflect ...

V/Line fault causes massive delays on Dandenong line
Train passengers on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines&nbsp;are facing a lengthy trip after a V/Line train&nbsp;came to a grinding halt&nbsp;on ...

Suspect in Montrose fatal hit-and-run denies fault in jailhouse phone interview
A man suspected in a hit and run crash said he&#39;s the victim of bad police work.

LG admits G4 bootloop problem is a hardware fault, will repair affected devices
After several months of LG G4 owners complaining of a bootloop issue to no avail, we picked up the story and confronted LG. The official response ...

Don’t hate perky morning people: It might be their DNA’s fault
(credit: bruce_fulton ) The people who burst from bed as the sun rises to cheerily tackle their to-do list—while others sluggishly rouse and ...

Generous to a fault
Generous to a fault by digby Last night Marco Rubio said that the United States is the most generous nation on earth toward immigrants. He's ...

​Oil exec says 10-year-old leak is God's fault
Taylor Energy President William Pecue says the accident, which could leave oil spewing for a century, was an "act of God"

We're bearish, and it's the Fed's fault: JPMorgan
Will stocks hit the wall in 2016? JPMorgan's equity chief thinks so.