Printer filter for a Canon i350

Has anyone developed a printer filter for the Canon i350 printer?

I have used the /usr/sfw/bin/gs and its options to attempt to varying
degrees of a print filter.

So far I have used the bj* devices listed, and a few others but always
resulting in gibberish being printed, or the print job disappearing into
the ether.

I have googled, but so far I have not seen, or read anything promising
regarding this printer.

I'd appreciate any input, even if it is to suggest that I give up.

W wrote:
> Has anyone developed a printer filter for the Canon i350 printer?
>
> I have used the /usr/sfw/bin/gs and its options to attempt to varying
> degrees of a print filter.
>
> So far I have used the bj* devices listed, and a few others but always
> resulting in gibberish being printed, or the print job disappearing into
> the ether.
>
> I have googled, but so far I have not seen, or read anything promising
> regarding this printer.
>
> I'd appreciate any input, even if it is to suggest that I give up.

I think I might have worked this one out - I believe it is not possible
to use these printers under Solaris because the driver required is
proprietory, and perhaps even the printer's language as well.