Repository read-only.

What would cause this?

# uname -a
SunOS wickedwitch 5.10 Generic_118822-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2

# svcadm disable telnet
svcadm: svc:/network/telnet:default: Repository read-only.

other services are giving read-only too.
--
Dave (from the UK)

It is always of the form: month-year@althorne.org

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/ - a Free open-source Chess Database
0
Dave

"Dave (from the UK)" <see-my-signature@southminster-branch-line.org.uk> wrote:
> # svcadm disable telnet
> svcadm: svc:/network/telnet:default: Repository read-only.

Are you tripping over this bug, perhaps?

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6319113

What's the current permissions on /etc/svc/repository.db?

--
Brandon Hume    - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/
0
hume.spamfilter@bofh.ca wrote:
> "Dave (from the UK)" <see-my-signature@southminster-branch-line.org.uk> wrote:
>
>># svcadm disable telnet
>>svcadm: svc:/network/telnet:default: Repository read-only.
>

> Are you tripping over this bug, perhaps?

No, the permissions are

-bash-3.00$ ls -l /etc/svc/repository.db
-rw-------   1 root     sys      2311168 Jan 17 11:56 /etc/svc/repository.db

which is the same as on another Solaris box which works fine.

> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6319113
>
> What's the current permissions on /etc/svc/repository.db?

See above.

Any more ideas?

I'm pretty sure I have enabled/disable things before on that machine,
but may be wrong. It is not one I use much.

--
Dave (from the UK)

It is always of the form: month-year@althorne.org

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/ - a Free open-source Chess Database
0
Dave
2/12/2007 3:25:58 PM
"Dave (from the UK)" <see-my-signature@althorne.org> wrote:
> Any more ideas?

Is svc.configd running?  You could truss it as you try to disable the
service and see if it gets hung up anywhere.  I know it tries to create
files in /etc/svc and /etc/svc/volatile (which is a tmpfs).