Repository read-only.

What would cause this?

# uname -a
SunOS wickedwitch 5.10 Generic_118822-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2

# svcadm disable telnet
svcadm: svc:/network/telnet:default: Repository read-only.

other services are giving read-only too.
--
Dave (from the UK)

It is always of the form: month-year@althorne.org

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/ - a Free open-source Chess Database
0
Dave

"Dave (from the UK)" <see-my-signature@southminster-branch-line.org.uk> wrote:
> # svcadm disable telnet
> svcadm: svc:/network/telnet:default: Repository read-only.

Are you tripping over this bug, perhaps?

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6319113

What's the current permissions on /etc/svc/repository.db?

--
Brandon Hume    - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/
0
hume.spamfilter@bofh.ca wrote:
> "Dave (from the UK)" <see-my-signature@southminster-branch-line.org.uk> wrote:
>
>># svcadm disable telnet
>>svcadm: svc:/network/telnet:default: Repository read-only.
>

> Are you tripping over this bug, perhaps?

No, the permissions are

-bash-3.00$ ls -l /etc/svc/repository.db
-rw-------   1 root     sys      2311168 Jan 17 11:56 /etc/svc/repository.db

which is the same as on another Solaris box which works fine.

> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6319113
>
> What's the current permissions on /etc/svc/repository.db?

See above.

Any more ideas?

I'm pretty sure I have enabled/disable things before on that machine,
but may be wrong. It is not one I use much.

--
Dave (from the UK)

It is always of the form: month-year@althorne.org

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/ - a Free open-source Chess Database
0
Dave
2/12/2007 3:25:58 PM
"Dave (from the UK)" <see-my-signature@althorne.org> wrote:
> Any more ideas?

Is svc.configd running?  You could truss it as you try to disable the
service and see if it gets hung up anywhere.  I know it tries to create
files in /etc/svc and /etc/svc/volatile (which is a tmpfs).

--
Brandon Hume    - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/
0
hume

Best IIGS Serial Port Reading?
A post from 2008 mentions this as the best way to read from the serial port. 1. Is this the newest code? 2. Do any Complete Pascal samples exist that use this? http://www.apple2.org.za/mirrors/ground.icaen.uiowa.edu/Mirrors/nodak/comm/ModemMan1.2.shk I am looking to read from the serial (modem) port as fast as possible and reliably as possible. No writing necessary, just unidirectional-in. Thanks. ...

how read binary file selected in form
Hi I have form with <input type="file"> how read content before sending on server it selected file on form via javascript or java (better if will be js no java class..) selected file is binary file (not txtfile) Regards Rf On Jun 6, 11:56=A0am, "Rafal \(sxat\)" <gonzak@(op).pl> wrote: > Hi > > =A0I have form with <input type=3D"file"> > > how read content before sending on server =A0it selected file on form via > javascript or java (better if will be js no java class..) > > selected file is binary file (not txtfi...

Need some reading advice for Sessions
Hi All, My webpages are all made with Perl, and they have a logged in or out state. So I wanted to use Cookies to keep track of who is logged in or not, thereby allowing access to certain scripts for those who are logged on. The closest I have found is session management. But where I am lost is, since any cookie is readable, what's to stop someone from copying the session to their own cookie? I mean sure, I guess I could place a Perl app on the server end that every minute, cancels any session more than X minutes old. But that sounds sort of kludgy. Unless of course that's really...

Must Read!!!
New material has been added for the Silktest and WinRunner feature descriptions focusing on the day to day functionality provided by both the tools used for software testing. http://www.it-techexperts.com/Tools/SWFD.asp ...

read a .csv file with a variable number of columns
How can i read a .csv file with a not fixed number of columns? I have been told to use textread for the csv file, but what if I don't know in advance the number of columns at a given row? Andrea Nemec wrote: > > > How can i read a .csv file with a not fixed number of columns? > I have been told to use textread for the csv file, but what if I > don't know in advance the number of columns at a given row? I don't know how to get Matlab's built in "textread" function it do it, so what I usually do instead is right my own function to read in the file. E.g....

Re: read/write arbitrary data #2
"David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > > "robin" <robin_v@bigpond.mapson.com> wrote in message > news:YDySa.5791$OM3.503@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > > "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> writes: > > > > "Glen Herrmannsfeldt" <gah@ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote in message > > > news:9WqSa.90311$OZ2.19058@rwcrnsc54... > > > > > > > > "David Frank" <dave_frank@hotmail.com> wrote in message > > > > news:uZaSa.7320$d47.558046@twister.tamp...

problem in reading dates as a numeric from a text file with fixed
Hi all, I have like roughly 50 variables read from a fixed width flat file with no delimiters in it. I am trying to read the date as numeric and am not successful. I used like actdate : mmddyy10. which did not work. The date is in mm/dd/yyyy format. My input statement is something like below. When i read that as a character, its fine. Can someone show how to read that as numeric. am using sas windows v8. input Sequence 1-10 FICO 11-014 ALE001 15-016 ALE002 ...

Re: Read in #2
I would break it into two tasks: (1) Fill in the missing identifiers. (2) Roll up the multiple observations. A view can be used for the intermediate result. Test data: data _null_; file 'demo'; put '01/01/98 A A001 20 YES income stat'; put '12/05/99 B B029 90 YES balance sheet'; put '11/30/00 C C006 80 NO income stat'; put ' balance sheet'; put '12/23/00 D D900 100 YES balance sheet...

problem with reading and wrting to file #3
Hi, How to read large file and display it into a JTextPane.I am using a BufferedReder(using readLine()), but it is taking very much time to read the entire content from the file and i felt it hanging the system.Is there any better way to read from the file? same way i would like to know how to write large data to a file. thanks in advance for any response. thank you. ...

Neural Network Repository
Does anyone know of a site of some kind that hosts the source code for large numbers of networks? Any kind of source is fine. Thanks, palexandridis palexandridis a �crit : > Does anyone know of a site of some kind that hosts the source code for > large numbers of networks? Any kind of source is fine. > > Thanks, > palexandridis Hello, You should find some links about neural networks software and more generally about machine learning at the following url: http://www-lipn.univ-paris13.fr/~guerif/links_en.html Hope this helps! Sebastien -- S�bastien Gu�rif http://www.guer...

Unable to open/read/process all of 242KB file.
My tcl script is failing to open/read/process all of a file past a certain point. After examining the output and comparing in a text editor I see that the script is displaying about 213 lines, 1222 words, and 8875 bytes (as per the gnu wc utility) before the operation stops and I'm back at the shell prompt. What I'm expecting to happen is the file gets read and output is displayed a line at a time. This is defintely a FAQ and I've had lots of examples to try. A few of the methods I've tried using are listed at the bottom. They were attempted one at a time, not all at once i...

[Verilog] How to read data from a file?
I want to read one data per clock from a flie, and send them to a pipelined circuit. After that, save one data per clock to a file. I am new to testbench. Now I decide to read a data (in) from file @(negedge clk). And pass this data to the module that I want to test @(posedge clk). After that, save data (out) to a file. But my code seems to be wrong? Is my test method right? Any suggestions will be appreciated! //------code----------- `define clk_cycle 10 module testbench_tb; reg gclk; integer os1,os2; integer i,j; wire [5:0] in; reg [5:0] out; initial begin gc...

repository
Hi, is there any special service or place where a person can store in CORBA and globaly can be accessible. I mean, I want to store a simple table of information using CORBA. is it possible using CORBA? if so, how can I do it? is there any sample of that in any ORB? thanks, Ali On 1 Mar, 19:41, "Ali" <nikza...@gmail.com> wrote: > is there any special service or place where a person can store in > CORBA and globaly can be accessible. I mean, I want to store a simple > table of information using CORBA. is it possible using CORBA? I think you...

fifo reading
Hi, I'm trying to solve this issue with reading a fifo. I've an FSM which decides whether to read the next item in the fifo. Let's make the assumption that the fifo is never empty. I want to decide what to do with each element based on its contents. For now let's assume the elements are just 1 bit long. I have two input fifos (A and B ) and two output ports (X and Y). Here's the proposed functionality: If the element is '0', put it in X, if it's '1', put it in Y. With this logic, if both elements are the same I can only read one of t...

swi read/1 problem
I have a pl file: main :- repeat, write('> '), read(X), (X==quit->true;fail). Which, if I run from the SWI-Prolog Editor, I get the following error: 17 ?- main. > test. ERROR: Stream user_input:2:330 Syntax error: Operator expected 18 ?- However, if I run from SWI-Prolog, separate from the editor, it works perfectly. Is there a bug with the editor, or am I doing something wrong. Thanks Steve ...

read file
Hello, &nbsp; I have a vi that do the acquisition of thermocouples and various sensors. The vi acquire the signals of every&nbsp;sensors and store them in a file. When the acquisition is over, I would like to read this file and process the data (for example, I need to add an offset to the thermocouple). After having finish with the processing of the data, I would like to save this new file under a different name, so that at the end, I have two files, one with raw data and the other one with processed data. &nbsp; There is something I don't understand with the "read file&q...

[comp.lang.perl.moderated] Welcome
Archive-Name: perl-faq/moderated/welcome Comp-lang-perl-moderated-archive-name: welcome Posting-Frequency: weekly Version: $Id: FAQ,v 1.55 2008/03/03 15:47:27 gbacon Exp $ URL: http://perl.plover.com/clpm/FAQ Maintainer: Greg Bacon <gbacon@hiwaay.net> Copyright-Notice: see Section 14 [ A recent copy of this document can be obtained via anonymous FTP as rtfm.mit.edu:/pub/faqs/perl-faq/moderated/welcome. If you do not have access to anonymous FTP, you can get a copy by sending email to mail-server@rtfm.mit.edu with the command "send faqs/perl-faq/moderated/welcom...

Matlab hangs reading over GPIB
I'm have an issue with Matlab reading data from instruments over GPIB. I've noticed that if I try to rapidly read data from an instrument (less than a quarter second between reads), Matlab will occasionally (roughly every 100 reads) pause for an extended period of time (maybe 1/2 second). Matlab does this for a variety of instruments and for a variety of GPIB read commands. I've tried fscanf, fgetl, fread, etc. I actually need somewhat accurate timing, and this is causing trouble. There are no issues when writing to instruments, only reading. I'm using Mablab 6.5. Thanks for yo...

Read again
Hello, I have come to an interresting subject... I have thought for a long time to what is exactly is intelligence.. An here is my explanation of what is intelligence... When you see and say in mathematics: A < B and B < C => A < C I think problem solving in intelligence is in greater part due and influenced by the factor of "speed" of the brain.. because a fast brain will Breadth first search and deep first search the above mathematical implication faster, the brain will see A < B faster and B < C faster and will see there implication A...

in which database is my repository???
Hello. When I configured my repository the configuration assistent told me that he will put it into the default database. But I've got two databases. How can I see (dos console command?) which repository is in which database ? Thank you Sincerely Lore P.S.: Enterprise Manager won't help because it is buggy. ...

which timeout for "cmd read"?
I run sendmail 8.13.1 on linux 2.4.31. I'm noticing most of my incoming SMTP connections sit in the "cmd read" state for a long time. What is this? I know most of these are spammers I think, its not a big deal but I would like to close these connections faster. Heres an example: sendmail: server cablelink-86-127-180-43.rdstm.ro [86.127.180.43] cmd read I have about 40 of these right now from different domains. Is there a timeout I change change in my mc file for this specific "cmd read" state? Thanks. kenw232@yahoo.com > I'm noticing most of my incomin...

Hey HPT...Please Read.....
You know, I read some of my "music" replies to you and I have to admit I might have come off a little snobbish and that wasn't my intent. Maybe the whole Nuendo, Roland, etc thread got the better of both of us. Look, honestly, the point is as musicians, we make, create, re-create music and it doesn't matter a hill of beans what any of us uses to reach that goal. I've mentioned Marti more than a few times wrt music and while it's not my style, I admire him for what he has done. He used FOSS to make his CD. That's kool and I doubt any Windows suppor...

Read specific field of specific record
I'm attempting to build a module that will allow me to update one field of a record (using a value from a previous record) based on the value of another field in the same record. I can successfully "cycle" through the records one at a time and get to the appropriate field as well, but any attempt to read the field values (using SELECT, of DoCmd.RunSQL "SELECT....) result in errors. I've searched the help file and this newsgroup but haven't found an answer. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanx Chuck Currentdb.execute "Update mytable set myfield = " &a...

Reading Published Properties
I am looking to develop a VB.NET app that takes a Delphi Published Property as an argument (as the user navigates the controls). Most specifically, I am looking for a globally unique property so that I know which Delphi control has the keyboard focus at any given time. It must be a static property (maybe a "Name" that is given as design time). I am not experienced with Delphi and would appreciate any assistance. My goal is to explicitly know which control has focus and to set the .Text, .Selected, .Checked etc... property programmatically. Thanks for the help. > I...

[tao-users] Locating the Information Repository
Hello! Does a participant have to know the exact location of the DCPSInfoRepo from the beginning (like a hardcoded path/adress)? Or is there a way that he can look for it and find it dynamically? I couldn't find any such method declarations in the IDL-modules so I assume there's no (DDS-based) way to do it. Am I right or wrong? Regards Marco ...