send STOP-A via ALOM

Hi,

is there any possibility, besides the break command on the
ALOM system console, to send the key sequence STOP-A via
a serial or network connection hosted by ALOM?

Any ideas or pointers?

Thanks,

Tom
0
Thomas

Thomas Maier-Komor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there any possibility, besides the break command on the
> ALOM system console, to send the key sequence STOP-A via
> a serial or network connection hosted by ALOM?
>
> Any ideas or pointers?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

On the serial console, from a PC I send ctrl-break with our Terminal
Emulator (CRT.)

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
-Tony
0
Tony
12/21/2004 2:16:56 PM
Tony Copeland wrote:
> Thomas Maier-Komor wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there any possibility, besides the break command on the
>> ALOM system console, to send the key sequence STOP-A via
>> a serial or network connection hosted by ALOM?
>>
>> Any ideas or pointers?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tom
>

> On the serial console, from a PC I send ctrl-break with our Terminal
> Emulator (CRT.)
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Thanks,
> -Tony

The key sequence didn't work, but telnet can send break, too.

Thanks,

Tom
0
Thomas

Send a SNMP Trap
hy, I'm using wengsoft snmp implementation to send a snmp trap. But the information sent by the trap isn't as I would expect. My code: static void sendTrap(String contextID, String contextName) throws java.io.IOException { // Create SNMP message object, it may contain one of the following // protocol data unit : GET, SET, TRAP, GET-NEXT. snmpMessage = new SnmpMessage(); // create a Set Protocol Data Unit. trapPdu = new SnmpGetSetPdu(); trapPdu.setMsgType(AsnObject.SNMPV2_TRAP); trapPdu.setReqId(1); snmpMessage.setPdu(trapPdu); snmpMessage.setSnmpVersion(3); ...

Sending out a probe
TCP-IP question: From the manual: " TCP keep alive (TCPKEEPALV) - Help Specifies the amount of time, in minutes, that TCP waits before sending out a probe to the other side of a connection. The probe is sent when the connection is otherwise idle, even when there is no data to be sent. " Because we have frequent disconnects on the Telnet sessions we have had a sniffer running on one of the PC's on which we expected the probe to come in. But we have never seen some kind of bit coming in from the AS400. Do we do something wrong or should we open some po...

send mail in FMP with Exchange Server ?
Hi, For the Send Mail script in FileMaker vers. 9.0 , it works perfectly if my syst�me is win XP with the Outlook Express installed. And when I put this DB in a winXP with an account of Exchange Server, the Send Mail script doesn't work ! Is this normal or do I have to do something ? Thanks for your help Hi Eric, in FM 7 the problem is that there must be the email program be mentioned in the options of Internet Explorer (in our case). So we are working with Lotus Notes and by default the corresponding email program is outlook express. So open e.g. Internet Explorer then Tools /...

Problems with send /delete command
I have Kermit running on Linux Release 9 and have the following lines in my script (This first logs me onto a remote server running Linux 7.3 and has Kermit): set host /pty ssh -e none l root xxx.xxx.xx.xxx if fail stop 1 minput 30 "password:" ">" if < \v(minput) 1 stop 1 "MINPUT = \v(minput)" switch \v(minput) { :1, echo PASSWORD INPUT OK lineout xxxxxxxxxx input 30 "#" if fail stop 1 PROMPT INPUT FAILED :2, echo PROMPT INPUT OK lineout "kermit -x" input 20 "KERMIT READY TO SERVE..." rcd...

Send mail
I want to send an email with attachment using mpack.(UNIX/LINUX/AIX). Is there a startup param like "mailx -r" where you can change the senders address? ...

sending eMail Attachment
Hy, does anybody know a simple, easy to use package to send a binary file as an eMail attachemt over the local unix/linux sendmail service. I want to write a procedure like: proc sendFileViaEmail {to subject text fileList} { # build whats neccessey in file ..... write_file file $emailbody #send exec cat file | sendmail -t } tx TAB Tillmann Basien wrote: > Hy, > does anybody know a simple, easy to use package to send a binary file as an > eMail attachemt over the local unix/linux sendmail service. > I want to write a procedure like: > > proc sendFil...

Sending errors from psql to error file
Hello, I am trying to migrate a client from one database to another. Basically we designed a web application for them using Postgresql but we have made many changes to the design of our application since version 1. Now they want to upgrade. So basically I have to pg_dump their current data and then import it into our new schema. Now, of course I realize that there are going to be errors. But they have a lot and I mean a lot of data. I don't want to have to sit there and watch the import go by, I want to run a command and then look in a file for any errors after the import i...

Differentiate signals via colour in a listbox
Hi, I'm a bit stuck on ideas... I am able to choose as many signals I want to plot on a specific axes and each time the signal is chosen, the name is printed in a listbox, however the problem is how to differentiate each signal from the next? I would ideally like it so that, the colour the signal is plotted in, is shown next to the signal in the listbox, is that possible? Any ideas welcome and any help much appreciated. Thanks! paris: <SNIP wants to identify his/her lines on a 2d plot using listbox... <listbox> will not do what you want; try this instead: help legend us...

Problem sending faxes through VoIP
Hello every one! I have a problem sending faxes through VoIP This is what we have: PBX with VoIP Card --- Cisco --- E1 --- (Internet VPN) --- T1--- Cisco --- PBX The cisco router has activate the QoS, to priority the communication saving 512 kbps of bandwidth, for the matching VoIP ports. The voice and faxes work fine, but when the bandwidth is over use, the voice is not affected but the faxes can not communicate even when the QoS is saving bandwidth for them. I been trying with traffic-shape, fax passthrough , fax relay and other options, but no one fix the problem. I figure out that t...

Printing via Uniprint from Pharos Systems
We use Uniprint on our campus for fee based printing and we are looking to upgrade our printers for use with. Our research has narrows to 4 printers and I'd like to find out if anyone with experience with Uniprint and any of these printers can tell us about their experience. Here are our candidates, let me know what you think: Kyocera FS-9520DN Lexmark T634dtn Lexmark W820dn HP Laserjet 9050dn -- "My Break-Dancing days are over, but there's always the Funky Chicken" --The Full Monty ...

how to send pick up the email address from a field in a .dbf & send emails thru outlook express....
hello all: i have a client.dbf with a field: CLIENTEMAIL when my main.exe prints reminder letters, i want my main.exe to open outlook express & pick up the email address from field:CLIENTEMAIL & ALSO attach the outstanding bills .pdf file (which would be already saved using pscript32) the email body should pick up the text saved in fields: remtxt1,remtxt2,remtxt3... (i.e: the reminder letter message) regards Hi I sugest to use hb_sendmail function to send the emails Regards Luiz Em sexta-feira, 20 de fevereiro de 2015 06:21:08 UTC-2, timec...@gmail.com escreveu:...

Stop making web sites! (and programming...)
Well at least if you don't want to infringe one of the 2859 Micro$oft US patents. :( Some examples: Don't use graphical elements: "Method and apparatus for assigning URLs to graphical objects in a web page" Don't generate SQL: "Automated schema and interface generation" Don't generate HTML with a macro: "Automatic generation of text and computer-executable code for run-time use" Some funny ones: "Method and system for automatic type and replace of characters in a sequence of characters" "Just-in-time activation and as-soon-as-...

Instability of Linux crapware sends user scrambling back to Windows
"Ubuntu for me was meant to provide a more stable platform than Windows. Since this freezing has begun, it's been anything but that. In fact, it's made Windows look rock solid! Sadly, I'm switching back to Windows until this gets sorted. I'm fed up with spending hours trawling the web to find solutions to a problem which seems to be affecting so many people, but to which no permanent fix looks like being released for now." #143 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=15 ...

how to send SCSI Command?
I'm developing a iSCSI Target Project. I have finished the iSCSI Protocol Parse in UserMode as a Windows Service. in this project, we should provide a filedisk or a partition to client read/write data. now I should send the SCSI command to a volume at target host, in oder to write/read the data. but how to send SCSI comand to lower device.which device that I should send SCSI Command to ? thanks a lot of any suggestion or giving any reference=A1=A3 >but how to send SCSI comand to lower device.which IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT -- Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP S...

send
I set up a wireless network using a linksys 54g router, I have 5 desktops computer, and several Laptops being used at various times . I have assigned IP address to the desktop and the laptop obtain addresses automatically. All desktops are using XP, My problem have been in setting up a network workgroup, I have used the wizard , but still I can not share files. When I click on view network I see the workgroups, but when I click onto My network place I can not open files that have been shared. Also can any one tell me how to delete a network workgroup that has been setup. Thanks ...

GUI stopped taking callbacks
I am a beginner in using GUI's but I have programmed in Matlab quite a bit. I have a GUI which used to work fine, and I wanted to clear the stuff I had plotted on one of the axes and plot new stuff. I tried using clf inside the GUI and now when I open the GUI, it doesn't do anything! Whether I hit a button or anything else, it just doesn't register the what the user did and doesn't call any off the Callback functions. I have no idea what to do. Even more, none of the other GUI's I had seem to work, so I must have reset something to refuse to accept Callbacks from the GU...

send-hooks
Hi, I have a problem using send-hooks. I would like to use it this way: ---cut--- send-hook . unmy_hdr send-hook 'gentoo-user-de@gentoo.org' 'my_hdr Reply-To: \ gentoo-user-de@gentoo.org' ---cut--- to make it a little harder for people to CC me.[1] However, when I am in the ML-box, have send a mail using list-reply to this ML and would like to send a PM reply to a person later, the Reply-To header is still set to the ML. As the To: is not to the list in this cases I hoped the default unmy_hdr should work, like it works when the first mail is a PM. Any h...

web browse via cradle on T2
I have a T2 and have been watching for the upcoming SD WiFi cards. (I have a wireless LAN at home.) Before I spend any money though, I want to know what browsing is like on this handheld. Is there any way to browse the web through the cradle? "Trey Guy" <trey_guy@rmccorp.com> wrote in message news:Gu1cb.242$wt3.50060@news.uswest.net... > I have a T2 and have been watching for the upcoming SD WiFi cards. (I have a > wireless LAN at home.) Before I spend any money though, I want to know what > browsing is like on this handheld. Is there any way to browse the web > ...

Sending Files
Hi Everyone, I have a client/server program that communicate using both TCP and Multicast. My broadcast messages go through Multicast, and client specific messages goes through the TCP socket. Anyway, during all these operations I will have to send some files from the server to the client, about 11 files that are all together 500K. I am wondering if I could use an FTP protocol to send the files from one program to the other. The reason that I am asking is that I am trying to find a way so that I don't have to worry about checksums and all that stuff. I appreciate any sugges...

mail() function sending two emails
Here's my code: $today = getdate(); $to = someone@somewhere.com; $subject = "New Application: ".$userdata["username"]." - ".$today['mon']."/".$today['mday']."/".$today['year']; $message_header = "New Application: ".$userdata["username"]; $message = $message_header."\n Hello, is this working?"; mail($to, $subject, $message); It's not located in a loop, so I don't understand why it would send 2 emails to the reciever? Any idea's? Jesse Burns aka jburns131 wrote:...

Re: USTA Sends Strange Letter to Wal-Mart #5
>> Completely agreed. If VoIP is so great, it should be able to support >> the same obligations as real telephony such as 911 and USF. > Should email have similar "obligations"? Of course not. It doesn't purport to be telphony, and it doesn't interoperate with the other billion phones on the face of the planet. > So long as I know what I'm getting, I am perfectly happy paying > for my "fake telephony". > And, VoIP or no, the USF should be elimated. Now. Immediately. > Yesterday, if possible. I think you might enj...

RedHat ES 3.0 send mail does sendmail need to be on
Does sendmail need to be on to send mail? LHradowy wrote: > Does sendmail need to be on to send mail? Most mail clients don't have a built in SMTP, so you need to configure the mailcleinet to use one and it don't have to be a local one. On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 12:41:05 -0600, LHradowy wrote: > Does sendmail need to be on to send mail? No. If your ISP gives you server names such as smtp.your-isp.com for outgoing and pop.your-isp.com for incoming, just use those addresses in your mail client and they will go via your ISP. Regards, Dave On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 12:41:05 -0600 LHr...

Stopping Xerces-j parser from resolving entities on its own
Hi, I am using xerces2.6.0 and am developing a program for converting an xml document to a text file. My program is extending the DefaultHandler. The first problem I am facing is that even though I have turned the Validation feature off, the SAX parser still needs the DTD to be present. If I remove the DOCTYPE declaration from the XML file then it raises an exception for unparsed entities. If I provide a zero byte DTD then the SX parser parses the document. Can someone suggest how I can remove this dependency. The second problem that I am facing is that my XML file contains many external ent...

HMC v7 connectivity problem (https via SSH tunnel)
Hi, Currently I'm trying to connect to an HMC v7 using the web interface. Because the HMC is located in another LAN as my workstation, I'm using an local SSH tunnel via an intermediate server that is connected to both LAN's. This works, with the exception I am unable to open a terminal session to any of the LPAR's. After reading the IBM information (see URL below), I opened two extra SSH tunnels (besides the one to port 443 on the HMC) to both port 8443 and 9960. Now I'm still unable to open a terminal session to any of the LPAR's. Does anyone have some hints on ...

Sending message to users inside an application
Hi all, I have an application written in Powerbuilder 8.0 and i'd like to add a way to administrators send a message to users currently inside the application (like "The Server needs to restart... etc... " ), anyone have any ideas? Many Thanks kingsnake@netcabo.pt You didn't say what database software you're using. For instance, in Oracle, you could set it up so that either your MDI frame or a hidden window has an event that uses a timer to listen for a specific alert and display a pop-up or a messagebox with the alert contents when it receives one. ...