Any help would be appreciated.

0
barry.cox (1)

On 2007-02-23, barry.cox@gmail.com <barry.cox@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a session break command for a console session?

You can send a BREAK over a serial line (i.e. RS-232). Your terminal
should be able to generate one. (Please note that a BREAK is not a
character or a sequence of characters but a special signal on a serial
line.)

If you are using a VT220 or compatible, you'll get a BREAK by pressing F5.
If your serial line is connected to another computer, your terminal
emulator will be able to this. In case of tip(1), the sequence ~# will
do the trick. If you are using kermit, type the escape character during
a connection and select B to send a BREAK signal.

Andreas.
0
comp
2/23/2007 7:03:39 AM
On 2007-02-23 07:03:39 +0000,
comp.unix.solaris@expires-on-2007-03-03.usenet.andreas-borchert.de
(Andreas F. Borchert) said:

> You can send a BREAK over a serial line (i.e. RS-232). Your terminal
> should be able to generate one. (Please note that a BREAK is not a
> character or a sequence of characters but a special signal on a serial
> line.)

That may not be what you want, however: by default that will take the
machine into OBP if you are talking to the console...

--tim

0
Tim
2/23/2007 8:00:00 AM
On 2007-02-23, Tim Bradshaw <tfb@tfeb.org> wrote:
> On 2007-02-23 07:03:39 +0000,
> comp.unix.solaris@expires-on-2007-03-03.usenet.andreas-borchert.de
> (Andreas F. Borchert) said:
>>
>> You can send a BREAK over a serial line (i.e. RS-232). Your terminal
>> should be able to generate one. (Please note that a BREAK is not a
>> character or a sequence of characters but a special signal on a serial
>> line.)
>
> That may not be what you want, however: by default that will take the
> machine into OBP if you are talking to the console...

.... if it is /dev/ttya, and if there is no Sun keyboard connected
to it, and if you haven't invoked �kbd -a disable� nor added
�KEYBOARD_ABORT=disable� to /etc/default/kbd. (See kbd(1) for
more options.)

Andreas.
0
comp
2/23/2007 1:34:23 PM
barry.cox@gmail.com wrote:
> Does anyone know of a session break command for a console session?
> When I'm connected via serial console (ttymon) to a server and my
> console session locks up or hangs, I'm looking for a break command
> (something equivalent to '^]' with telnet).   Is there a break
> sequence for ttymon?

No, none that I'm aware of.  Are you sure it's ttymon hanging and not a
program within?  Always try ^C and ^\.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham@taos.com
Darren
barry.cox@gmail.com writes:

>Does anyone know of a session break command for a console session?
>When I'm connected via serial console (ttymon) to a server and my
>console session locks up or hangs, I'm looking for a break command
>(something equivalent to '^]' with telnet).   Is there a break
>sequence for ttymon?

If you're logged in, ttymon is not involved.  It issues the 'login: '
prompt and collects your login name, but after that ttymon execs login.
Login, in turn, prompts for and collects your password, and then execs
your shell.  So it's just your shell (and child processes) talking to
you on the console.

You can try pressing Ctrl-Q (aka XON), in case the tty driver thought
you asserted flow control with a Ctrl-S (aka XOFF).  Other than that,
your best hope for getting a new login prompt is to log into the machine
through the network or another terminal port and kill your shell.

When your shell quits, init sees the process went away and spawns ttymon
again, according to the instructions in /etc/inittab.

If you can't log in by other means, then you may have to halt Solaris
by sending the break signal or typing the characters that form the
alternate abort sequence.

  -Greg
--
Do NOT reply via e-mail.
Reply in the newsgroup.

writing cdrtools session over an existing session
How can I over-write an updated files of a session over an old session TO avoid full erase of cdw media. If you are using UDF formats then these work just like a large floppy or a painfully slow hard drive. If you are using multisession ISO formats, CDRW discs behave exactly as though you were using write once discs. There is no way to partially erase. It's all or nothing. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> Graham Mayor <>>< ><<> ><<> ehab wrote: > How can I over-write an updated files of a session over an old session > ...

Slider breaks dialog box
Hi all Let me start by saying I am relatively new to programming with C++, Win32, and Visual Studio, so I hope I am posting this in the right place. I am having problems with a dialog box in our application that we are calling using DialogBox(). Basically, I can add any sort of control I want to the dialog box in Visual Studio, including edit boxes, check boxes, etc... but what I really need is a slider, and whenever I add a slider the dialog box never appears and the DialogBox() function returns a value of -1, indicating an error. The dialog control function we are using is ba...

Server to maintain persistent telnet sessions
Hi. Can someone please advise possible server options so that we can run telnet sessions through handheld wireless devices but where the session remains active (and can be re-setablished) if the wireless network link fails. Thanks in advance Trev This is a MIME GnuPG-signed message. If you see this text, it means that your E-mail or Usenet software does not support MIME signed messages. The Internet standard for MIME PGP messages, RFC 2015, was published in 1996. To open this message correctly you will need to install E-mail or Usenet software that supports modern Internet standards. ...

PyCon 2010: Poster sessions
PyCon 2010: Poster sessions =============================================================== Due date: November 30, 2009 PyCon 2010 introduces a new type of presentation, the poster session. Poster sessions consist of two pieces: * A display space where you can put up information about a topic * Live Q&A during a plenary timeslot where people can get more information from you while you stand next to your display For more information and to submit a poster proposal, visit http://us.pycon.org/2010/conference/posters/ -- Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com) <*> ...

[News] Teenager Breaks Law... Defeats Microsoft's DRM
Swedish Teen Hacks Microsoft Zune's DRM and WI-FI ,----[ Quote ] | Unconfirmed sources report that a young Swedish hacker named | Nutzipper has defeated the Digital Rights Management on Microsoft's | new mp3 player the Zune. Our source also indicates that the hacker | has also compromised the Zune's Wi-Fi music sharing system. The Wi-Fi | hack apparently allows users to secretly transfer music from any | nearby Zune. Microsoft is very concerned about the possible security | breach and the RIAA is threatening to sue Microsoft over the faulty | DRM standard. `---- http://www.active...

Terminal Server and Printer
Recently, Terminal Server was set-up by site server responsible to give remote access to some users. I tested it and application runs ok. Now users get Error # 2202 when they try to "Preview"/"Print" a report because a printer is not setup. Users confirmed that they have a printer defined. I am not much familiar with Terminal Services protocol, I know that everything is done at server and users only receive the screen updates so that is fine, but my question is how user printer(s) should be configured? I am lost here, I would appreciate your comments. Best regar...

Re: Execute a remote Windows command from a HP3000 ?? #5
--- "Emerson, Tom" <Tom.Emerson@warnerbros.com> wrote: > > -----Original Message----- > > Behalf Of Derek > > > > But, you can write a VB.Net (or C#) program that will wait > > for a file to be created in a folder on your server. > > A word of caution on this approach [taken from my memory of this > conversation earlier on this chat list] the key word to consider > here is CREATED -- that's right, your PC-side application may begin > processing shortly after the file transmission STARTS, not anywhere > close to w...

Robust definition of a new command?
What I mean by "robust" here is the following. I would like to define a new command (using \newcommand) with 1 parameter such that I can pass a listing as parameter into the command. Here is a minimal example (which does not make it obvious why I want that ...) \documentclass{article} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc} \usepackage{listings} \usepackage{color} %\newcommand{\rfc}[1]{{\color{red}#1}} % this does not work \newcommand{\rfc}{\color{red}} \begin{document} \rfc{ CS: \begin{lstlisting} def quick_pot( x, n ): if n == 0: return 1 \end{lstlisting} } Bla b...

Switch from Session to Session
Hi, we use V5R2M0 and use CA Express V5R2M0 to get an 5250 Emualtion. If a user has more than one session at his PC (Perhaps four sessions), what is the fastest way to switch between the four sessions ? ALT+TAB is not so good, because the user has open Outlook and Word and perhaps other programs. Thanks for your answers. Best regards Christian Open the keyboard settings. Assign Alt-1 to "Jump to session A", Alt-2 to "Jump to session B", etc Then user needs only Alt-2 to get session B, etc You can select any key comninations you want - the Alt is my preferenc...

"Vigor2" prefix on Terminal sessions
I've just noticed that when I start a terminal session (with any terminal app), the command line is prefixed with a weird Vigor2 notation, like this: Vigor2:~ ben$ where I'd expect it to be something like just ben$ My computer's not called "Vigor2" and I'm sure it never used to do this. Searching the hard drive for files called Vigor2 didn't turn anything up. Could anyone suggest what's going on here? In article <1126381169.821991.153740@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Ben Henley" <ben.henley@gmail.com> wrote: > I've jus...

Command Window always keeps focus
I am using Matlab r14.1 with Windows XP. When my program opens a new figure window or dialog window it opens in the back, and the focus remains on the command window. Anyone knows how to fix this so the new figure/dialog opens at the fron? Thanks Benny ...

Late Breaking Presentations Announced for XTECH 2005
XTECH 2005 http://www.xtech-conference.org , 24-27 May, The RAI Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands The Late-Breaking presentations have just been announced for XTECH 2005. Presentations include the following. For full program, visit: http://www.xtech-conference.org/2005/schedule.asp "Open Street Maps and Spatial Data", Jo Walsh , Researcher, University of Openess, United Kingdom "BBC News and RSS, Or: How we Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Open Data Services", Joel Chippindale, Software Engineer and Kevin Hinde, Head of Technical Development, BBC News Inte...

automatic logout before SESSION end
Hello there, On my site people have to log in and automatically start a session. An authorized login grants access to other pages and MySQL data. However when the user waits to long, the server ends the session, without a proper logout. The user can't see that he is logged out, hits a button and gets mutiple errors because MySQL is no longer available. Is there a way to to warn the user a minute before the session is ended? I just read, the session time is set in session.gc_maxlifetime in php.ini. So I can let a timer run along with this time and warn the user, but doesn't the serve...

Sessions not passing properly
I use sessions as part of my login script. One of the values passed is userid. The userid seems to pass fine into the main part of the page, but when I use userid in a navigation include I cannot get it to display. Here' what I mean. Code for admin navigation: function adminMenu(){ echo $userid; @$result = mysql_query("SELECT menuid,menulabel,menuname,url,parent from crc1.tbluspmatrix u, crc1.tblmenu m where u.privid = m.priv_id and u.userid = '$userid' AND parent = &#...

Re: OT: 10 Commandments--- more OT #12
Fred, This is one topic I agree with you completely! Tim -----Original Message----- From: fred White [mailto:imagedad@mac.com] Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 9:38 AM To: HP3000-L@RAVEN.UTC.EDU Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] OT: 10 Commandments--- more OT On Saturday, December 6, 2003, at 09:40 PM, Bill Shanks wrote: > I believe that churches that are politically active should lose their > tax > exemptions. Right on Bill!! Actually, I've never thought they should have a tax exemption. I believe in freedom of religion, not in free religion. FW * To join/l...

additional commands executed before kdm starts
Hi! I have added some special commands in "/usr/local/share/config/kdm/Xsetup". I've noticed these being overwritten every time kdm is updated (same for xdm and gdm). Is there a better place to put these, then directly in the Xsetup-File for xdm, kdm, gdm respectively? -- Thomas On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 20:04:17 +0200 Thomas Schweikle <tschweikle@fiducia.de> wrote: TS> Hi! TS> TS> I have added some special commands in TS> "/usr/local/share/config/kdm/Xsetup". I've noticed these being TS> overwritten every time kdm is updated (...

Session error
Hi, Just received the following error upon running some scripts that utilize sessions. Don't know what it means by "cache limiter". Can someone please clarify? I have a script called "displaypreowned.php" that begins with "session_start()" and a few lines later have a line "include("databaseconnector.php")" and "include("stockdisplay.php")" which in themself also have "session_start()" in it. Don't know if these multiple "session_start()" caused the error. I tried a test script with multiple...

Persistent Cookies vs. session cookies
Hi all (please excuse the crosspost but I can't find an HTTP group as such) I am trying to find out the difference between persistent cookies and session cookies. I have found plenty of documentation saying what the differences are from the user point of view, but I want to know how the server and browser distinguish between the two types in terms of HTTP protocol. I have read RFC 2965 and the Java servlet programming documentation and I can't find any information as to how I should specify (or detect) whether a specific cookie is persistent or session. Any clues please? Andy ...

killing sessions in v$session
select status, serial#, sid from v$session get the sid, serial# from v$session alter system kill session 'sid, serial#'; select status, serial#, sid from v$session but gives the status KILLED I understand that it could be doing rolling back and it could take a long time. Hence, i will monitor again and replied later. Cheers yls177 wrote: > select status, serial#, sid from v$session > > get the sid, serial# from v$session > > alter system kill session 'sid, serial#'; > > select status, serial#, sid from v$session but gives the status KILLED > ...

bgexec command in background
If I use bgexec to exec a command blt::bgexec myStatus -output myOutput -error myError cmd I can kill the command by setting the variable myStatus. bgexec sets the variables myOutput and myError with the stdout and stderr of the cmd. The variable myStatus is set to something like KILLED 1234 -1 {kill signal} However, if I issue the same command, but put it in the background, blt::bgexec myStatus -output myOutput -error myError cmd & tkwait variable myStatus and then try to kill the job by setting myOutput, the variable myOutput is empty, as are myOutput and myError. Does anyone have...

Re: [9fans] watch command #2 #6
> But what about a file that the server can provide that provides info about > metadata changes This would solve the problem that the "real" file might be changed bypassing the watch file server. The implementation need to be careful about not letting give the information of files under permission guarded directories, though. -- ...

CFP: Swarm Intelligence Session @ IC-AI 2005
CALL FOR PAPERS Special Session on Swarm Intelligence http://www.cs.fit.edu/~rmenezes/icai05/ a special session of IC-AI 2005 http://www.world-academy-of-science.org/IMCSE2005/ws/ICAI June 27 - 30, 2005 Monte Carlo Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA IMPORTANT DATES: February 3, 2005 : Draft papers due (up to 7 pages) March 10, 2005 : Notification of acceptance April 21, 2005 : Camera-Ready papers & Pre-registration June 27-30, 2005 : IC-AI 2005 International Conference SCOPE OF THE SESSION: Swarm Intelligence is becoming an active area of research that focuses on th...

Command to track the histroy of tablespace in informix
Hi All, Can u please tell me the idea of how to i reterive or track the histoy of tablespce or dbspace which i have added from one particualr date to other date. we need to show this info to our client. any ideas? Thanks, Meenakshi On 8 Feb 2006 23:39:17 -0800, "Meenakshi" <kmnathan@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, > > Can u please tell me the idea of how to i reterive or track the >histoy of tablespce or dbspace which i have added from one particualr >date to other date. > > we need to show this info to our client. any ...

[News] MAFIAA Breaks the Law Again, Growing Miserable

PHP SESSION
Hi, I have a homepage where it is possible to register as a user. The registration takes place in three steps. The first step is user data and in the end it sets session variables to username and password like: session_start(); $_SESSION['username'] = $userArr['email']; $_SESSION['password'] = $userArr['password']; After this it redirects to page 2. Page 2 checks the newly set session variables and shoud check them against the database. This works 8 times out of ten but sometimes the registation fails since the session variables not are set in page 2 and I c...