sequence for ttymon?

Any help would be appreciated.

0
Reply barry.cox (1) 2/23/2007 3:24:45 AM

See related articles to this posting

On 2007-02-23, barry.cox@gmail.com <barry.cox@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a session break command for a console session?

You can send a BREAK over a serial line (i.e. RS-232). Your terminal
should be able to generate one. (Please note that a BREAK is not a
character or a sequence of characters but a special signal on a serial
line.)

If you are using a VT220 or compatible, you'll get a BREAK by pressing F5.
If your serial line is connected to another computer, your terminal
emulator will be able to this. In case of tip(1), the sequence ~# will
do the trick. If you are using kermit, type the escape character during
a connection and select B to send a BREAK signal.

Andreas.
0
Reply comp 2/23/2007 7:03:39 AM

On 2007-02-23 07:03:39 +0000,
comp.unix.solaris@expires-on-2007-03-03.usenet.andreas-borchert.de
(Andreas F. Borchert) said:

> You can send a BREAK over a serial line (i.e. RS-232). Your terminal
> should be able to generate one. (Please note that a BREAK is not a
> character or a sequence of characters but a special signal on a serial
> line.)

That may not be what you want, however: by default that will take the
machine into OBP if you are talking to the console...

--tim

0
Reply Tim 2/23/2007 8:00:00 AM

On 2007-02-23, Tim Bradshaw <tfb@tfeb.org> wrote:
> On 2007-02-23 07:03:39 +0000,
> comp.unix.solaris@expires-on-2007-03-03.usenet.andreas-borchert.de
> (Andreas F. Borchert) said:
>>
>> You can send a BREAK over a serial line (i.e. RS-232). Your terminal
>> should be able to generate one. (Please note that a BREAK is not a
>> character or a sequence of characters but a special signal on a serial
>> line.)
>
> That may not be what you want, however: by default that will take the
> machine into OBP if you are talking to the console...

.... if it is /dev/ttya, and if there is no Sun keyboard connected
to it, and if you haven't invoked �kbd -a disable� nor added
�KEYBOARD_ABORT=disable� to /etc/default/kbd. (See kbd(1) for
more options.)

Andreas.
0
Reply comp 2/23/2007 1:34:23 PM

barry.cox@gmail.com wrote:
> Does anyone know of a session break command for a console session?
> When I'm connected via serial console (ttymon) to a server and my
> console session locks up or hangs, I'm looking for a break command
> (something equivalent to '^]' with telnet).   Is there a break
> sequence for ttymon?

No, none that I'm aware of.  Are you sure it's ttymon hanging and not a
program within?  Always try ^C and ^\.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham@taos.com
Reply Darren 2/23/2007 5:06:01 PM

barry.cox@gmail.com writes:

>Does anyone know of a session break command for a console session?
>When I'm connected via serial console (ttymon) to a server and my
>console session locks up or hangs, I'm looking for a break command
>(something equivalent to '^]' with telnet).   Is there a break
>sequence for ttymon?

If you're logged in, ttymon is not involved.  It issues the 'login: '
prompt and collects your login name, but after that ttymon execs login.
Login, in turn, prompts for and collects your password, and then execs
your shell.  So it's just your shell (and child processes) talking to
you on the console.

You can try pressing Ctrl-Q (aka XON), in case the tty driver thought
you asserted flow control with a Ctrl-S (aka XOFF).  Other than that,
your best hope for getting a new login prompt is to log into the machine
through the network or another terminal port and kill your shell.

When your shell quits, init sees the process went away and spawns ttymon
again, according to the instructions in /etc/inittab.

If you can't log in by other means, then you may have to halt Solaris
by sending the break signal or typing the characters that form the
alternate abort sequence.

  -Greg
--
Do NOT reply via e-mail.
Reply in the newsgroup.

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Macro: Terminal -> Command -> Terminal -> Command?
I'm trying to find any possible way to allow a Macro to revert back to the COMMAND window "after" CONNECTing. Step #1 Terminal --> Command Set Key \96 \Ktest Define test { ; various commands CONNECT } While in the TERMINAL, the key will bring you to the COMMAND window where the macro is processed. Step #2 Command --> Terminal Define test { ; various commands CONNECT } One the script is done, the CONNECT command goes to the TERMINAL. Step #3 ?? Terminal --> Command Now heres my question. Can a macro issue a command through OUTPUT or TRIGGER that...

Any Terminal command to quit Terminal itself?
Any Terminal command to quit Terminal itself? I want to save a few seconds time by including such a command in an existing Terminal script. Right now, I have to waste time by manually closing the Terminal app, after the script runs. Mark- In article <100220091016262760%none-of@your-business.invalid>, Mark Conrad <none-of@your-business.invalid> wrote: > Any Terminal command to quit Terminal itself? > > I want to save a few seconds time by including > such a command in an existing Terminal script. > > Right now, I have to waste time by manually > clo...

Terminal command to close terminal
Is there a command that can be used when using terminal to close current terminal window ? In windows you can use the 'exit' command which will close the current window. Olly -- Managed online backup services G2 Support www.g2support.com/backups Get a free trial today www.g2support.com/downloads Oliver Marshall wrote: > Is there a command that can be used when using terminal to close > current terminal window ? > > In windows you can use the 'exit' command which will close the current > window. 'exit' should work, as well as ctrl+d (cmd+w also work...

terminal with reply of defaults command: no such command
hye! i'm a new mac user and want to know why this: i've a plug-in to add to the application Mail. (with this plug-in i can retrieve my email from hotmail.com with the mac os Mail program) to activate this plug-in i've to open the terminal windows and write this: defaults write com.apple.mail EnableBundles 1 the answer is: no such command could someone help? did i forget to check or uncheck something when i install my osx panther? any info's are welcome. thanks >did i forget to check or uncheck something when i install my osx >panther? Did you tell it not to instal...

How to break a bash command into an array consisting of the arguments in the command?
Hi, Suppose that I have a bash command in a string, e.g. cmd.sh a 'a b' ' ' I want get an array consisting of "cmd.sh" "a" "a b" "\n". Is there a robust way to do so in perl that can handle all the possible cases? Thanks. Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> wrote: >Suppose that I have a bash command in a string, e.g. > >cmd.sh a 'a b' ' >' > >I want get an array consisting of "cmd.sh" "a" "a b" "\n". Is there a robust way to do so in perl that can ...

terminal commands
Information databases Open the terminal and type the following commands to get information on flowers and their meanings: cat /usr/share/misc/flowers Enter this command to see what precious stones and flowers are associated with a given birth month: cat /usr/share/misc/birthtoken This one will show a list of proper names based on any partial name used in the text in "INPUT" cat /usr/share/dict/propernames | grep INPUT These commands will list milestones in music, famous birthdays, history, or computer development: cat /usr/share/calendar/calendar.music cat /usr/share/calendar/...

terminate a command....
I've made this script... But at first command (rfcomm connect 0 00:1C:88:00:AE:85)...the script fail because the rfcomm standby with "Press CTRL-C for hangup". How can I solve this problem? ---------------------------------------------- rfcomm connect 0 00:1C:88:00:AE:85 mtkbabel -p /dev/rfcomm0 -f gps -t -w gpsbabel -i gpx -o kml gps_trk.gpx gps_trk.kml gpsbabel -i gpx -o kml gps_wpt.gpx gps_wpt.kml gpsbabel -i gpx -o csv gps_trk.gpx gps_trk.csv gpsbabel -i gpx -o csv gps_wpt.gpx gps_wpt.csv rm gps.bin mv gps* /home/alfredo/Desktop/Alfredo/openstreetmap/dati_gps gnumeric /ho...

break command
hi, please I don't know how I use the break command with for loop : for i=1:p for j=1:o if z2(i,j)==0; break end end end i want from this code to trminate the for loop when finding the first pixel of z2(i,j)~=0. thanks Hi, from the documentation : "In nested loops, break exits only from the loop in which it occurs" So you should do something like : flag=1; for i=1:p for j=1:o if z2(i,j)==0; flag=0; break end end if flag==0 break...

Terminal Break
the cmd reset and clear of the terminal do not do anything any more. Which can be the cause for it??? Erwan Scouarnec wrote: > the cmd reset and clear of the terminal do not do anything any more. > Which can be the cause for it??? eg: 'cat binaryfile' Lorinczy Zsigmond wrote: > Erwan Scouarnec wrote: > >> the cmd reset and clear of the terminal do not do anything any more. >> Which can be the cause for it??? > > > eg: 'cat binaryfile' No i don't say why is arrived. I solve the probleme with send : Reset and Clear saved Lines ( ec...

what is . command and : command?
hello, I am confused with . command and : command usage. can anybody help me to understand it with simple examples? Thanks in advance. regards, rahul On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:15:14 -0400, <rahul8143@gmail.com> wrote: > hello, > I am confused with . command and : command usage. can anybody help me > to understand it with simple examples? > Thanks in advance. > regards, > rahul > > .. means execute the following script in "this" shell as if it were a part of this shell's input or script that is currently running. One use is ...

What is the command/Is there a command...
to run a proc stored in a file other than the MD? If it is a Data Basic (Pick Basic) or Flash basic program at TCL you enter "run [filename][programname]" and the program executes. What if the "program" is a proc? Is there a tcl command that passes the tcl level excution command to another file? I am running a VB program and using the TclCommand object to run a tcl command which is actually a proc. the proc is stored in a file named "procs" Therefore, to run a proc I have to have an item in the MD thus: md,example 001 pq 002 [procs exa...

is it necessary to be a session leader to attach psuedo terminal as a controlling terminal of a process
To attach controlling terminal (CT) to a process: I have following code similar in OpenSSH 1. disconnect from old CT 2. become a session leader setsid() 3. attach psuedo tty to process calling ioctl(fd, TIOCSCTTY, NULL) I dont want my process being a session leader to avoid SIGHUP for child process. But if I comment out setsid, I get error in ioctl and subsequent open calls for terminals- ioctl - (Input/output error) /dev/pts/4: No such file or directory open /dev/tty failed (fd is associated with /dev/pts/4) Is there any mechanism to attach psuedo terminal to process as its Controlling T...

Putty command line : how to execute initialization commands and keep the session opened ?
Hello, I would like to make a batch (.bat file) that automatically opens several Putty sessions. No problem for the moment. But moreover I want to execute some specific commands for each session. I tried to use the -m option of the Putty command line to execute the commands set in a specified file but it seems that the Putty session is closed after the command are executed. Is there a way to do that ? Thank in advance. PS : the idea is to open a Putty session for each host where I have to check some logs, to go to the proper log directory and make a tail -f on a log file for instance....

2600 NM-16A SSH Terminal Server: Termination & Break Sends

Command Line Commands And Editor Commands
Hello, I used to use vax/vms for many years. I have just ordered a few books on these commands but would like links to Internet sites that list and explain the ones that I would be using as a programmer at the command line level. Thank you, Christopher Lusardi Chris L wrote: > Hello, > > I used to use vax/vms for many years. > > I have just ordered a few books on these commands but would like > links to Internet sites that list and explain the ones that I would be > using as a programmer at the command line level. > > Thank you, >...

Session termination using use CGI::Session; redirection tot eh login page doesn't yet work
I finally figured out how to clear the session created using: my $session = CGI::Session->new('driver:mysql',$query,{ DataSource => 'dbi:mysql:profitorius', User => 'yyyyyyy', Password => 'xxxxxxx'}); To do so, I am using: $session->clear('CGISESSID'); $session->delete(); $session->flush(); my $scriptname = $query->url(-path=>1); $scriptname =~ s/cgi-bin\/logout\.pl/login\.html/; print $query->redirect(-locati...

copy multiple files from one folder to another folder by exec command in php.during copy process, can I kill/stop/terminate this exec command?
$output1 = exec('copy "source" "destination"'); echo $output1; I have more than 2000 files in source folder and copying them into destination folder.I want to stop/terminate these copying files when I click on stop button. code is in php and javascript.kill/terminate/stop exec command is not possible in javascript.link given below http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19533415/copy-file-from-one-folder-to-another-folder-using-javascript is there any possible solution of this??? I am going to tired of it because I just waste my 3 days on it. regards Mu...

terminal command question
I'm getting % ls /bin/ls2: Command not found. in the terminal. Any idea what's wrong? How to put it right? TIA, Gary Thomson In article <be9f1f75.0406180936.2425358b@posting.google.com>, gary_thomson@yahoo.com (gary thomson) wrote: > I'm getting > > % ls > /bin/ls2: Command not found. > > in the terminal. > > Any idea what's wrong? How to put it right? You've setup ls to be something other than /bin/ls. What happens when you type which ls This should display "/bin/ls". If it shows that, check the file itself: file ...

Terminate a VPN session
Can anyone tell me what command removes a VPN session from a Pix 515. The client is connected via a Windows XP client Hi Joe, You may wish to investigate the Cisco Command Lookup Tool: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Cmdlookup/home.pl Sincerely, Brad Reese Cisco Tools http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-tools.htm I'm afraid I haven't got access :( www.BradReese.Com wrote: > Hi Joe, > > You may wish to investigate the Cisco Command Lookup Tool: > > http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Cmdlookup/home.pl > > Sincerely, > > Brad Reese > Cisco Too...

Break Command #2
Dear all experts, I would like seek your generous help on the following problem %program starts here x = [1 4 7;2 5 8;3 6 9]; iteration = 10; iter = 0 while iter~=iteration iter = iter + 1 x = x*iter for m = 1:3 for n = 1:3 if x(m,n)>=54 break; end end end pause(2) end %program end here I want to stop whenever any element in x reach 54(or any other condition), but my code above keep looping until it meet iteration == 10. Thank you in advance for your kind reply. A single BREAK exits one loop at the time. Please...

what did i break with this ifconfig command?
I had one server that was stealing an IP from another server. I thought it might be a bad hosts file but it looked fine. So I tried to manually delete the ip with ifconfig and I issued the wrong command (I know enough to be dangerous apparently but I come from an NT background so I'm still learning and read the man pages wrong I guess). Anyway after issuing the command, I immediately lost connectivity with the box and am waiting for the ISP where it's hosted to reboot it, hopefully that will clear things up. At least it's a test server :). See my command at the bottom of this, ...

Terminal command rand
Mac OS 10.3.9, bash shell I want to rename all the files in a folder so that the new names are simply the old names prefixed by a 4-5 digit random number (different random number for each file). I looked at man rand in Terminal and the description seemed to indicate it would be the piece that could supply the random numbers. However when I try to invoke rand I get an unknown command type of error. I suppose I need to add something to the PATH variable so that rand can be found. But where is rand located? Is there an alternative to rand that would work? TIA Eric In article <484E...

which command executed on which terminal
Hi All, Can I know, on which terminal a particulaer command was executed.... For eg...was $ls executed on pts/2 or pts/3 Is there any command like $last etc Thanks Danish In article <1159014008.581142.275940@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, Danish <me.linuxadmin@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, >Can I know, on which terminal a particulaer command was executed.... > >For eg...was > >$ls executed on pts/2 or pts/3 > > >Is there any command like > >$last etc If your OS supports process accounting, you can turn it on and it will give you this informatio...

multiplexing a terminal session
A bit of an odd requirement. A colleague and I need to share the same shell on two different terminals. We're studying some stuff together and in order not to crowd around the same keyboard I would like to be able to share a text terminal on two computers so we can both see what the other is doing and be able to issue commands in turn. Any ideas? B. On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 07:53:06 +0000, a posting issued forth from Brendon Caligari... > A bit of an odd requirement. > > A colleague and I need to share the same shell on two different > terminals. We're studying som...