sequence for ttymon?

Any help would be appreciated.

0
Reply barry.cox (1) 2/23/2007 3:24:45 AM

See related articles to this posting

On 2007-02-23, barry.cox@gmail.com <barry.cox@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a session break command for a console session?

You can send a BREAK over a serial line (i.e. RS-232). Your terminal
should be able to generate one. (Please note that a BREAK is not a
character or a sequence of characters but a special signal on a serial
line.)

If you are using a VT220 or compatible, you'll get a BREAK by pressing F5.
If your serial line is connected to another computer, your terminal
emulator will be able to this. In case of tip(1), the sequence ~# will
do the trick. If you are using kermit, type the escape character during
a connection and select B to send a BREAK signal.

Andreas.
0
Reply comp 2/23/2007 7:03:39 AM

On 2007-02-23 07:03:39 +0000,
comp.unix.solaris@expires-on-2007-03-03.usenet.andreas-borchert.de
(Andreas F. Borchert) said:

> You can send a BREAK over a serial line (i.e. RS-232). Your terminal
> should be able to generate one. (Please note that a BREAK is not a
> character or a sequence of characters but a special signal on a serial
> line.)

That may not be what you want, however: by default that will take the
machine into OBP if you are talking to the console...

--tim

0
Reply Tim 2/23/2007 8:00:00 AM

On 2007-02-23, Tim Bradshaw <tfb@tfeb.org> wrote:
> On 2007-02-23 07:03:39 +0000,
> comp.unix.solaris@expires-on-2007-03-03.usenet.andreas-borchert.de
> (Andreas F. Borchert) said:
>>
>> You can send a BREAK over a serial line (i.e. RS-232). Your terminal
>> should be able to generate one. (Please note that a BREAK is not a
>> character or a sequence of characters but a special signal on a serial
>> line.)
>
> That may not be what you want, however: by default that will take the
> machine into OBP if you are talking to the console...

.... if it is /dev/ttya, and if there is no Sun keyboard connected
to it, and if you haven't invoked �kbd -a disable� nor added
�KEYBOARD_ABORT=disable� to /etc/default/kbd. (See kbd(1) for
more options.)

Andreas.
0
Reply comp 2/23/2007 1:34:23 PM

barry.cox@gmail.com wrote:
> Does anyone know of a session break command for a console session?
> When I'm connected via serial console (ttymon) to a server and my
> console session locks up or hangs, I'm looking for a break command
> (something equivalent to '^]' with telnet).   Is there a break
> sequence for ttymon?

No, none that I'm aware of.  Are you sure it's ttymon hanging and not a
program within?  Always try ^C and ^\.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham@taos.com
Reply Darren 2/23/2007 5:06:01 PM

barry.cox@gmail.com writes:

>Does anyone know of a session break command for a console session?
>When I'm connected via serial console (ttymon) to a server and my
>console session locks up or hangs, I'm looking for a break command
>(something equivalent to '^]' with telnet).   Is there a break
>sequence for ttymon?

If you're logged in, ttymon is not involved.  It issues the 'login: '
prompt and collects your login name, but after that ttymon execs login.
Login, in turn, prompts for and collects your password, and then execs
your shell.  So it's just your shell (and child processes) talking to
you on the console.

You can try pressing Ctrl-Q (aka XON), in case the tty driver thought
you asserted flow control with a Ctrl-S (aka XOFF).  Other than that,
your best hope for getting a new login prompt is to log into the machine
through the network or another terminal port and kill your shell.

When your shell quits, init sees the process went away and spawns ttymon
again, according to the instructions in /etc/inittab.

If you can't log in by other means, then you may have to halt Solaris
by sending the break signal or typing the characters that form the
alternate abort sequence.

  -Greg
--
Do NOT reply via e-mail.
Reply in the newsgroup.

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Macro: Terminal -> Command -> Terminal -> Command?
I'm trying to find any possible way to allow a Macro to revert back to the COMMAND window "after" CONNECTing. Step #1 Terminal --> Command Set Key \96 \Ktest Define test { ; various commands CONNECT } While in the TERMINAL, the key will bring you to the COMMAND window where the macro is processed. Step #2 Command --> Terminal Define test { ; various commands CONNECT } One the script is done, the CONNECT command goes to the TERMINAL. Step #3 ?? Terminal --> Command Now heres my question. Can a macro issue a command through OUTPUT or TRIGGER that...

Any Terminal command to quit Terminal itself?
Any Terminal command to quit Terminal itself? I want to save a few seconds time by including such a command in an existing Terminal script. Right now, I have to waste time by manually closing the Terminal app, after the script runs. Mark- In article <100220091016262760%none-of@your-business.invalid>, Mark Conrad <none-of@your-business.invalid> wrote: > Any Terminal command to quit Terminal itself? > > I want to save a few seconds time by including > such a command in an existing Terminal script. > > Right now, I have to waste time by manually > clo...

Terminal command to close terminal
Is there a command that can be used when using terminal to close current terminal window ? In windows you can use the 'exit' command which will close the current window. Olly -- Managed online backup services G2 Support www.g2support.com/backups Get a free trial today www.g2support.com/downloads Oliver Marshall wrote: > Is there a command that can be used when using terminal to close > current terminal window ? > > In windows you can use the 'exit' command which will close the current > window. 'exit' should work, as well as ctrl+d (cmd+w also work...

terminal with reply of defaults command: no such command
hye! i'm a new mac user and want to know why this: i've a plug-in to add to the application Mail. (with this plug-in i can retrieve my email from hotmail.com with the mac os Mail program) to activate this plug-in i've to open the terminal windows and write this: defaults write com.apple.mail EnableBundles 1 the answer is: no such command could someone help? did i forget to check or uncheck something when i install my osx panther? any info's are welcome. thanks >did i forget to check or uncheck something when i install my osx >panther? Did you tell it not to instal...

How to break a bash command into an array consisting of the arguments in the command?
Hi, Suppose that I have a bash command in a string, e.g. cmd.sh a 'a b' ' ' I want get an array consisting of "cmd.sh" "a" "a b" "\n". Is there a robust way to do so in perl that can handle all the possible cases? Thanks. Peng Yu <pengyu.ut@gmail.com> wrote: >Suppose that I have a bash command in a string, e.g. > >cmd.sh a 'a b' ' >' > >I want get an array consisting of "cmd.sh" "a" "a b" "\n". Is there a robust way to do so in perl that can ...

terminal commands
Information databases Open the terminal and type the following commands to get information on flowers and their meanings: cat /usr/share/misc/flowers Enter this command to see what precious stones and flowers are associated with a given birth month: cat /usr/share/misc/birthtoken This one will show a list of proper names based on any partial name used in the text in "INPUT" cat /usr/share/dict/propernames | grep INPUT These commands will list milestones in music, famous birthdays, history, or computer development: cat /usr/share/calendar/calendar.music cat /usr/share/calendar/...

terminate a command....
I've made this script... But at first command (rfcomm connect 0 00:1C:88:00:AE:85)...the script fail because the rfcomm standby with "Press CTRL-C for hangup". How can I solve this problem? ---------------------------------------------- rfcomm connect 0 00:1C:88:00:AE:85 mtkbabel -p /dev/rfcomm0 -f gps -t -w gpsbabel -i gpx -o kml gps_trk.gpx gps_trk.kml gpsbabel -i gpx -o kml gps_wpt.gpx gps_wpt.kml gpsbabel -i gpx -o csv gps_trk.gpx gps_trk.csv gpsbabel -i gpx -o csv gps_wpt.gpx gps_wpt.csv rm gps.bin mv gps* /home/alfredo/Desktop/Alfredo/openstreetmap/dati_gps gnumeric /ho...

break command
hi, please I don't know how I use the break command with for loop : for i=1:p for j=1:o if z2(i,j)==0; break end end end i want from this code to trminate the for loop when finding the first pixel of z2(i,j)~=0. thanks Hi, from the documentation : "In nested loops, break exits only from the loop in which it occurs" So you should do something like : flag=1; for i=1:p for j=1:o if z2(i,j)==0; flag=0; break end end if flag==0 break...

Terminal Break
the cmd reset and clear of the terminal do not do anything any more. Which can be the cause for it??? Erwan Scouarnec wrote: > the cmd reset and clear of the terminal do not do anything any more. > Which can be the cause for it??? eg: 'cat binaryfile' Lorinczy Zsigmond wrote: > Erwan Scouarnec wrote: > >> the cmd reset and clear of the terminal do not do anything any more. >> Which can be the cause for it??? > > > eg: 'cat binaryfile' No i don't say why is arrived. I solve the probleme with send : Reset and Clear saved Lines ( ec...

is it necessary to be a session leader to attach psuedo terminal as a controlling terminal of a process
To attach controlling terminal (CT) to a process: I have following code similar in OpenSSH 1. disconnect from old CT 2. become a session leader setsid() 3. attach psuedo tty to process calling ioctl(fd, TIOCSCTTY, NULL) I dont want my process being a session leader to avoid SIGHUP for child process. But if I comment out setsid, I get error in ioctl and subsequent open calls for terminals- ioctl - (Input/output error) /dev/pts/4: No such file or directory open /dev/tty failed (fd is associated with /dev/pts/4) Is there any mechanism to attach psuedo terminal to process as its Controlling T...

Putty command line : how to execute initialization commands and keep the session opened ?
Hello, I would like to make a batch (.bat file) that automatically opens several Putty sessions. No problem for the moment. But moreover I want to execute some specific commands for each session. I tried to use the -m option of the Putty command line to execute the commands set in a specified file but it seems that the Putty session is closed after the command are executed. Is there a way to do that ? Thank in advance. PS : the idea is to open a Putty session for each host where I have to check some logs, to go to the proper log directory and make a tail -f on a log file for instance....

2600 NM-16A SSH Terminal Server: Termination & Break Sends

Session termination using use CGI::Session; redirection tot eh login page doesn't yet work
I finally figured out how to clear the session created using: my $session = CGI::Session->new('driver:mysql',$query,{ DataSource => 'dbi:mysql:profitorius', User => 'yyyyyyy', Password => 'xxxxxxx'}); To do so, I am using: $session->clear('CGISESSID'); $session->delete(); $session->flush(); my $scriptname = $query->url(-path=>1); $scriptname =~ s/cgi-bin\/logout\.pl/login\.html/; print $query->redirect(-locati...

Terminate a VPN session
Can anyone tell me what command removes a VPN session from a Pix 515. The client is connected via a Windows XP client Hi Joe, You may wish to investigate the Cisco Command Lookup Tool: http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Cmdlookup/home.pl Sincerely, Brad Reese Cisco Tools http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-tools.htm I'm afraid I haven't got access :( www.BradReese.Com wrote: > Hi Joe, > > You may wish to investigate the Cisco Command Lookup Tool: > > http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Cmdlookup/home.pl > > Sincerely, > > Brad Reese > Cisco Too...

what did i break with this ifconfig command?
I had one server that was stealing an IP from another server. I thought it might be a bad hosts file but it looked fine. So I tried to manually delete the ip with ifconfig and I issued the wrong command (I know enough to be dangerous apparently but I come from an NT background so I'm still learning and read the man pages wrong I guess). Anyway after issuing the command, I immediately lost connectivity with the box and am waiting for the ISP where it's hosted to reboot it, hopefully that will clear things up. At least it's a test server :). See my command at the bottom of this, ...

Terminal command rand
Mac OS 10.3.9, bash shell I want to rename all the files in a folder so that the new names are simply the old names prefixed by a 4-5 digit random number (different random number for each file). I looked at man rand in Terminal and the description seemed to indicate it would be the piece that could supply the random numbers. However when I try to invoke rand I get an unknown command type of error. I suppose I need to add something to the PATH variable so that rand can be found. But where is rand located? Is there an alternative to rand that would work? TIA Eric In article <484E...

which command executed on which terminal
Hi All, Can I know, on which terminal a particulaer command was executed.... For eg...was $ls executed on pts/2 or pts/3 Is there any command like $last etc Thanks Danish In article <1159014008.581142.275940@i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, Danish <me.linuxadmin@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi All, >Can I know, on which terminal a particulaer command was executed.... > >For eg...was > >$ls executed on pts/2 or pts/3 > > >Is there any command like > >$last etc If your OS supports process accounting, you can turn it on and it will give you this informatio...

system command termination
I am building a GUI application for Linux using GUIDE... I need to launch a Linux process using 'unix' (or 'system') command and wait for a return. However, I *must* be able to terminate this operation via a pushbutton in the GUI because sometimes this operation takes a long time (and safety can be a factor). I am an newbie to Matlab and GUIDE, but it seems the executable is multi-threaded such that this can be done. So when I click on "Stop" button I expect to either: (a) use built-in Matlab call to directly terminate the first 'system' call, or (b) use an...

Break command in debug
Hi all, a question; I want to set a breakpoint on a line of my source and I use command "break". It's perfect but only if I have a unique condition, like: BREAK 55 when w_rcnam='TOOLS00042' How can I use more than one condition? For example (but doesn't run): BREAK 55 when w_rcnam='TOOLS00042' and w_rclib='KLDADBBIO' Thanks a lot!! Fabrizio bonfab@gmail.com wrote: > > a question; I want to set a breakpoint on a line of my source and I > use command "break". > It's perfect but only if I have a unique condition, like: >...

Killed session not terminating?
Hi folks, can anoyone help with this question? Platform is oracle 9iR2 on Solaris 9 with a XP Pro client running 9iR2 client software. On the client (sqlplus) I started execution of a PL/SQL packaged procedure. Now for some reason this is not completing - i don't know if it is looping 9don't think so) or some other factor is preventing it from completing. Anyway, having observed that this had "hung" I used OEM to kill the server session (yes I know I should simply kill the client session but there are other reasons for taking this approach in this case, which, if yo...

terminal commands for a newbie
Hi all i hope i find you well ! think the term which bests describes myself is a switcher :D i have used macs before but am interested in learning more about the terminal interface, can anyone tell me any useful commands to get me up and running?? many thanks mark * posted via http://www.mymac.ws * please report abuse to http://xinbox.com/mymac In article <u1118313006@aknode.invalid>, markpmorris@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (mogsey) wrote: > Hi all i hope i find you well ! > > think the term which bests describes myself is a switcher :D > > i have used macs ...

terminal-usb-commands
Are there any OS 10.3-terminal-commands for the usb? In O'Reilly's Essential System-Admin. you find on page 807 under "usb devices" only FreeBSD, Linux and Solaris USB Support, no hints for the Apple Unix under 10.3. Where can I find these commands to usb? Problem: Under OS 9 any usb HD starts working without any circumstances, even if formated and used under windows. Trying this under OS X nothing happens, from time to time you can see this usb HD using DiskUtility or SystemProfiler, sometimes this won't work and you can't get any traces of this nice usb device. So...

Command lines and Terminal
Hello all. I'm new to using Unix command lines and Terminal. I am the Administrator (I thought) and the one and only account on this Computer, a new MacBook Pro. I should have full administrative access, but after I return almost every command line I get : "permisson denied". If I run the command "sudo" and provide my password, the next command line seems to execute. But this is very tedious, having to preface each command with "sudo password". Am I doing something wrong ? TIA, Larry crane763@yahoo.com wrote: : Hello all. I'm new to using Unix comma...

Terminal commands wanted.
Reopen windows when logging back in is checked by default when selecting the Restart� or Shut Down� menu option in Lion from the Apple menu. Does anyone know a Terminal command that will reverse this. I would like it to be unchecked by default. Also a Terminal command to unmount (or eject) an internal drive. Thanks in advance...John John Young <john@scallawags.net> wrote: > Reopen windows when logging back in is checked by default when selecting > the Restart? or Shut Down? menu option in Lion from the Apple menu. > Does anyone know a Terminal command that will reverse thi...