Solaris 10 x86 : is my network card detected?

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello I installaed Solaris 10 on a Intel Plateform.
My network card is a Marwell Yukon.
After I follow the installation, the command ifconfig -a, only return
me lo0 (loopbak)
How can I check if my network card is well detected by Solaris (from
hardware)

Regards

0
Reply kona_iron (48) 11/10/2005 7:05:35 PM

See related articles to this posting

kona_iron@yahoo.fr wrote:
> Hello I installaed Solaris 10 on a Intel Plateform.
> My network card is a Marwell Yukon.
> After I follow the installation, the command ifconfig -a, only return
> me lo0 (loopbak)
> How can I check if my network card is well detected by Solaris (from
> hardware)

ifconfig -a plumb
ifconfig -a

Sami

--
  .signature: no such file or directory
0

I finally make success with my netwoark card.
The two commands ifconfig -a plumb and ifconfig -a return nothing.
Always only the lo0
I enter the command prtconf -pv and found a line with Ethernet string.
Even if my network card was detected, I can use it
I the download a driver fron this site :
http://www.syskonnect.de/syskonnect/support/driver/htm/skgesolx86.htm
run : pkgadd -d . SKGEsol
But I got an error during the installation (problem to attach)
I run again the command "prtconf -pv | less" and write the information
just after the line "Ethernet".
It was something like name : "pci1458.e000"
update_drv -a -i "pci1458.e000"
touch /etc/hostname.skge0
touch /etc/dhcp.skge0
ifconfig -a plumb
ifconfig -a
YES, ma card is present.
I reboot my machine, and great, my card is running and got an address
from my DHCP box.

0
Reply kona_iron 11/12/2005 11:55:43 PM
comp.unix.solaris 25782 articles. 87 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Networking solaris 10 on x86
I have two nic cards. elxl0 and elxl1. elxl0 is assigned dhcp from my cable modem and I am able to surf internet fine no worries. I want to have elxl1 send the internet out to the rest of my network. I am new to solaris and do not know how to do this. I used to use nat and ip forwarding on my linux box but am not sure how to set it up on solaris 10. both nics work and have info in ifconfig included. inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 elxl0: flags=1104843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DHCP,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 24.99.23.81 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 24.99.23.25...

Solaris 10 x86 Network install problem
im trying to do a solaris 10 x86 network install, i've followed through all the documentation step by step on docs.sun.com and when I boot off of my network card it goes for a minute then errors "PXE E53: No boot filename received" all the dhcp options and macros are set. BootFile is set to "nbp.SUNW.i86pc" and tftp is setup. Please help, Thanks. dacrud@gmail.com wrote: > im trying to do a solaris 10 x86 network install, i've followed through > all the documentation step by step on docs.sun.com and when I boot off > of my network card it goes for a minu...

Solaris 10 x86
Just realised that the install didnt ask me for any network settings during the install... Checked /etc/hosts and all thats there is the loopback address. How do I set up networking now? In article <32e0fbd0-91e8-4871-8ed4-885cbcae6deb@g23g2000vbr.googlegroups.com>, "BertieBigBollox@gmail.com" <bertiebigbollox@gmail.com> wrote: > Just realised that the install didnt ask me for any network settings > during the install... > > Checked /etc/hosts and all thats there is the loopback address. How do > I set up networking now? Does the system "see&quo...

Solaris 10 x86 network install problem #2
im trying to do a solaris 10 x86 network install. when i boot off of the client network card using PXE, it goes to the install, lets me select type of install, configures devices, then right after "using DHCP for network config information" it hangs on "NFS server 192.168.1.200 not responding still trying". i've tryed restarting the services, and i can mount the /export/home/installserver from other machines on the lan. DHCP is working properly which i checked as well. i've been working on this problem for a week now and cannot figure it out. any help would be m...

Airlink ASOHORL network card
Does anyone know if the Airlink ASOHORL 10/100 PCI Ethernet card work with Solaris 10 in the x86 flavor? Can't find any Airlink products in the HCL but I've found, in the past, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. TIA Bill W ...

Solaris 10 x86 primary slave disk not detected
Dear all, I try to have 6 SATA disks on one x86 machine. However, the primary slave disk cannot be detected. The disk can be detected and functioned whatever SATA number other than being a primary slave. And I think that other disks can not be primary slave disk. Is it correct or not? How to fix this problem? Thanks in advance. -- Johnson Chow Mr. Chow Wing Siu <wschow@comp.hkbu.edu.hk> wrote: > Dear all, > > I try to have 6 SATA disks on one x86 machine. However, the > primary slave disk cannot be detected. The disk can be > detected and functioned whatever SA...

elxl Network Interface Problems in Solaris 10 x86
I have an x86 system running Solaris 10, current release, patched up to Recommended patch level as of a couple of weeks ago. After the system has been up a few hours, the 3c509c NIC (elxl0) seems to simply fade out of existence. Network hangs, or becomes extremely slow. Only a reboot brings it back to life, and then the process repeats. I thought this might be full/half duplex mismatched, and have tried editing /kernel/drv/elxl.conf to force full duplex. This, however, kills the NIC altogether: at boot time, it generates a rapid stream of errors indicating the interface is not working at a...

Intel Quad ports LAN card for solaris 10 x86
Hi all, I would like to purchase an Intel Quad ports LAN card for solaris 10 x86. Would anyone like to propose one with supported or unsupported network driver? Thank you very much. -- Johnson Chow In article <hk8vsf$1na8$1@net44p.hkbu.edu.hk>, Mr. Chow Wing Siu <Johnson.Chow@Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK> wrote: >I would like to purchase an Intel Quad ports LAN card for >solaris 10 x86. I would be surprised if e1000g(7D) or igb(7D) didn't work with Intel's quad-port Gb adapters. <URL:http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/server_adapters.htm> John groenv...

x86 Solaris 10 nic driver added but not attached. NIC is not detected.
I couldn't install my nic in solaris 10. I compiled and added the driver but failed to attach the driver and ifconfig output shows only loopback dev. Please see the following output and tell me whether my nic has been detected and why the driver failed to attach? My nic is detected in linux as (#lspci output) 01:09.0 Ethernet controller: D-Link System Inc RTL8139 Ethernet (rev 10) but getting the following output from my solaris 10; /etc/path_to_inst file shows "/pci@0,0/pci8086,244e@1e/pci1186,1300@9" 0 "rf" and #prtconf -v shows pci1186,1300 (driver not attached)...

Solaris 10 x86 06/06 on Dell GX520 (with Intel 945G graphic card)
Guys, I've performed an End User installation of Solaris 10 x86 06/06 on a Dell GX520. It all went fine, I got a graphical login but it only works with CDE, not with Gnome (if I select Gnome, it all goes black and then returns to the graphical login screen). I thought it might be something to do with the built-in graphic card (Intel 945G) so with kdmconfig I swapped between Xorg and Xsun, but to no avail. Any idea what I am doing wrong here? Thanks in advance L In <1152877104.531107.65720@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com> "Ciccio" <lserena@gmail.com> writes: >I&...

No internet connection w Solaris 10 on my x86
Hi, I don't want to bother you with questions about hot to configure the ethernet card in solaris 10. I'm quite a newbie and I want it to learn without spending thousands of $ in Solaris courses or so. So my question is: do you know some URLs about Solaris tutorial in plain Englisch, explaining step-by-step which component are well suited, how to configure the internet (Ethernet card) etc.? I was not able to find something at my level. My biggest problem is how to connect my x86 pc with internet with a cable modem... Thank you very much for your help John John wrote: > Hi, >...

lsof 4.70D for Solaris 10 [was Re: Lsof on Solaris 10 x86?]
Ian Northeast <ian@house-from-hell.demon.co.uk> writes: >Has anyone tried this? When I try to build it (using gcc off the Solaris >9 companion CD, either 3.2 or 2.95) it fails because it can't find >c2/audit.h which is indeed missing - there is no /usr/include/c2. I've >tried both 4.69 with the patch for Solaris 10 and the Solaris specific >4.70C. I'm using the current build 44 of Solaris 10 x86. >This looks like a Solaris build problem to me, not a fault in lsof. >c2/audit.h is included from the Solaris header file sys/cred_impl.h. >There is a...

I want to burn Solaris 10 for x86 dvd.iso and Solaris 10 companion dvd.iso in a DVD.
Can you do it?if i can,how to do it? Help me,please.^_^ wakeupearly wrote: > Can you do it?if i can,how to do it? > Help me,please.^_^ > Isnt it something like: cat cd1.iso cd2.iso cd3.iso > dvd.iso i could be wrong, but I'm sure it's quite similar. :-) -- -=//-\drian Thompson=- wakeupearly wrote: > Can you do it?if i can,how to do it? What? Please state your question in the message, not in the subject. > Help me,please.^_^ Read the information from the download section of http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/get.jsp ...

[ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86
Hi,all ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Solaris10 X86 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Compiler: SUN CC 5.6 Make: GNU make 3.80 CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: #include "ace/config-sunos5.9.h" CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft ...

[ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi, ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Solaris 10 x86 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Sun Studio 9 (Sun CC 5.6) CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: #define ACE_HAS_STANDARD_CPP_LIBRARY 1 #define ACE_USES_STD_NAMESPACE_FOR_STDCPP_LIB 1 #include "ace/config-sunos5.9.h" CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU (unless ...

[ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86
Hi Jin, >> The solaris 9/10 for sparc is not the same as solaris 9/10 for >> Intel X86,although it is almost free,and the SunStudio 9 (CC >> 5.6)for sparc is not the same as SunStudio 9(CC 5.6) for Intel X86. This is yet one more reason why you'll need to do the legwork on this. Please let us know what you find out. Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor TEL: (615) 343-8197 Electrical Engineering and Computer Science FAX: (615) 343-7440 Vanderbilt University WEB: www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ Nashvil...

[ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi,all I rebuild the ACE package according the instruction above,but get the same result. my platform_macros.GNU file has the following lines: templates = implicit include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU When i rebuild the ACE library,get the following compile errors: $ make inline=0 -j 2 -k -f GNUmakefile.ACE .... .... CC -mt -g -DSUN_CC_HAS_PVFC_BUG -I/export/home/hua/DevTools/ACE_wrappers -DACE_HAS_EXCEPTIONS -DACE_NO_INLINE -I.. -DACE_HAS_ACE_TOKEN -DACE_HAS_ACE_SVCCONF -DACE_BUILD_DLL -c -KPIC -o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_stat.o OS_NS_sys_...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86
Hi, >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 Thakns for using the PRF! >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Solaris10 X86 We (i.e., the DOC groups at UCI/VU/WU) don't have Solaris running on an x86 box (yet). It would therefore be great if you could figure out what patches need to be applied so that ACE compiles properly on this platform. BTW, Kitty/Bala, weren't we planning on running Solaris on an AMD box at some point? Thanks, Doug >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPIL...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi Jin, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Solaris 10 x86 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> Sun Studio 9 (Sun CC 5.6) As we've mentioned several times now, we don't have this compiler installed yet on this hardware platform, so if you want things to be fixed soon I recommend you figure out what's going wrong and send us the patches. Otherwise, pl...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi Jin, >> I rebuild the ACE package according the instruction above,but get >> the same result. It doesn't look to me like you've added -DACE_HAS_X86_STAT_MACROS to the build-line as recommended by Johnny Willemsen. >> my platform_macros.GNU file has the following lines: >> >> templates = implicit >> include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU >> >> When i rebuild the ACE library,get the following compile errors: >> $ make inline=0 -j 2 -k -f GNUmakefile.ACE >> ... >&...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Johnny- > Ok, the problem is in platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU, when a not known forte > version is found, it defaults to explicit. I am updating right now, for 4.2 > and 5.3 we default to explicit, for all others to implicit Is this necessary? I mean make it implicit by default. The explicit is not even supported, and has no chance to work cleanly. Why should we patch broken stuff. Just a thought? > Qinghuajin and other Forte 9 users, you can work around this by added the > following line to your platform_macros.GNU file. > templates = implicit This is until w...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Johnny- > > > > ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 > > > > > > > > HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: > > > > Solaris10 X86 > > > > TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: > > > > COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): > > > > Compiler: SUN CC 5.6 > > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ > > > > I don't think the DOC group supports this compiler anymore.. More > > particularly this compiler is buggy and you may land up with ...

RE: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
> Ok. Steve, could you maybe make clear with the build names > which builds use explicit templates? I'll try to get this clarified. > Explicit templates in TAO are known to be broken at this > moment. None of the tests at Riverace try to build TAO. -Steve ...

RE: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi, > > Ok, the problem is in platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU, when a > not known forte > > version is found, it defaults to explicit. I am updating > right now, for 4.2 > > and 5.3 we default to explicit, for all others to implicit > > Is this necessary? I mean make it implicit by default. The > explicit is > not even supported, and has no chance to work cleanly. Why > should we patch > broken stuff. Just a thought? I have thought also about this, but maybe there are users around we don't know if. We can drop all this after x.5 i...