Solaris 10 x86 : is my network card detected?

Hello I installaed Solaris 10 on a Intel Plateform.
My network card is a Marwell Yukon.
After I follow the installation, the command ifconfig -a, only return
me lo0 (loopbak)
How can I check if my network card is well detected by Solaris (from
hardware)

Regards

0
kona_iron (48)

kona_iron@yahoo.fr wrote:
> Hello I installaed Solaris 10 on a Intel Plateform.
> My network card is a Marwell Yukon.
> After I follow the installation, the command ifconfig -a, only return
> me lo0 (loopbak)
> How can I check if my network card is well detected by Solaris (from
> hardware)

ifconfig -a plumb
ifconfig -a

Sami

--
  .signature: no such file or directory
0
Sami
11/10/2005 8:35:24 PM
I finally make success with my netwoark card.
The two commands ifconfig -a plumb and ifconfig -a return nothing.
Always only the lo0
I enter the command prtconf -pv and found a line with Ethernet string.
Even if my network card was detected, I can use it
I the download a driver fron this site :
http://www.syskonnect.de/syskonnect/support/driver/htm/skgesolx86.htm
run : pkgadd -d . SKGEsol
But I got an error during the installation (problem to attach)
I run again the command "prtconf -pv | less" and write the information
just after the line "Ethernet".
It was something like name : "pci1458.e000"
update_drv -a -i "pci1458.e000"
touch /etc/hostname.skge0
touch /etc/dhcp.skge0
ifconfig -a plumb
ifconfig -a
YES, ma card is present.
I reboot my machine, and great, my card is running and got an address
from my DHCP box.

0
kona_iron

lsof 4.70D for Solaris 10 [was Re: Lsof on Solaris 10 x86?]
Ian Northeast <ian@house-from-hell.demon.co.uk> writes: >Has anyone tried this? When I try to build it (using gcc off the Solaris >9 companion CD, either 3.2 or 2.95) it fails because it can't find >c2/audit.h which is indeed missing - there is no /usr/include/c2. I've >tried both 4.69 with the patch for Solaris 10 and the Solaris specific >4.70C. I'm using the current build 44 of Solaris 10 x86. >This looks like a Solaris build problem to me, not a fault in lsof. >c2/audit.h is included from the Solaris header file sys/cred_impl.h. >There is a...

I want to burn Solaris 10 for x86 dvd.iso and Solaris 10 companion dvd.iso in a DVD.
Can you do it?if i can,how to do it? Help me,please.^_^ wakeupearly wrote: > Can you do it?if i can,how to do it? > Help me,please.^_^ > Isnt it something like: cat cd1.iso cd2.iso cd3.iso > dvd.iso i could be wrong, but I'm sure it's quite similar. :-) -- -=//-\drian Thompson=- wakeupearly wrote: > Can you do it?if i can,how to do it? What? Please state your question in the message, not in the subject. > Help me,please.^_^ Read the information from the download section of http://www.sun.com/software/solaris/get.jsp ...

Networking solaris 10 on x86
I have two nic cards. elxl0 and elxl1. elxl0 is assigned dhcp from my cable modem and I am able to surf internet fine no worries. I want to have elxl1 send the internet out to the rest of my network. I am new to solaris and do not know how to do this. I used to use nat and ip forwarding on my linux box but am not sure how to set it up on solaris 10. both nics work and have info in ifconfig included. inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 elxl0: flags=1104843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DHCP,ROUTER,IPv4> mtu 1500 index 2 inet 24.99.23.81 netmask ffffff00 broadcast 24.99.23.25...

Solaris console has no scroll capability (Solaris 10/x86)?
Hi! After a command line login, we get a prompt at console. However, as soon as the cursor reaches 25th line, the screen gets cleared and new prompt is placed on the top of screen, i.e. in the first line. Needless to say, this makes it nearly impossible to do any work. How do I make console behave as a normal terminal? I've tryed setting TERM to all sorts of values such as sun-color, dumb, vt100, vt52, dtterm, xterm. I've tryed using 'stty rows 24' just to try, but this doesn't change the number of rows, it remains on 25. Josip Gracin <gracin@tel.fer.hr> wrot...

Sun Solaris Certification
Dear all: I am wondering what will be the right decision regarding Sun Solaris Certification, should I take Solaris 9 certification or should I go for Solaris 10. As I am quiet new in the Solaris field, question arises in my mind, if I get training on Solaris 10, can I easily work on Solaris 9 or Solaris 8 environment ? If any company works on Solaris 9 boxes, whom he will give preference first, Solaris 9 Admin or Solaris 10 Admin, or it does not matter on Solaris version ? Thanks in advance. Best reagrds zaki <shamim.zaki@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1162158973.912696.111680...

[ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86
Hi,all ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Solaris10 X86 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Compiler: SUN CC 5.6 Make: GNU make 3.80 CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: #include "ace/config-sunos5.9.h" CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU (unless this isn't used in this case, e.g., with Microsoft ...

[ace-users] Re: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86
Hi Jin, >> The solaris 9/10 for sparc is not the same as solaris 9/10 for >> Intel X86,although it is almost free,and the SunStudio 9 (CC >> 5.6)for sparc is not the same as SunStudio 9(CC 5.6) for Intel X86. This is yet one more reason why you'll need to do the legwork on this. Please let us know what you find out. Thanks, Doug -- Dr. Douglas C. Schmidt, Professor TEL: (615) 343-8197 Electrical Engineering and Computer Science FAX: (615) 343-7440 Vanderbilt University WEB: www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ Nashvil...

[ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi,all I rebuild the ACE package according the instruction above,but get the same result. my platform_macros.GNU file has the following lines: templates = implicit include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU When i rebuild the ACE library,get the following compile errors: $ make inline=0 -j 2 -k -f GNUmakefile.ACE .... .... CC -mt -g -DSUN_CC_HAS_PVFC_BUG -I/export/home/hua/DevTools/ACE_wrappers -DACE_HAS_EXCEPTIONS -DACE_NO_INLINE -I.. -DACE_HAS_ACE_TOKEN -DACE_HAS_ACE_SVCCONF -DACE_BUILD_DLL -c -KPIC -o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_stat.o OS_NS_sys_...

[ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi, ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Solaris 10 x86 TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Sun Studio 9 (Sun CC 5.6) CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h [if you use a link to a platform- specific file, simply state which one]: #define ACE_HAS_STANDARD_CPP_LIBRARY 1 #define ACE_USES_STD_NAMESPACE_FOR_STDCPP_LIB 1 #include "ace/config-sunos5.9.h" CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/include/makeinclude/platform_macros.GNU (unless ...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86
Hi, >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 Thakns for using the PRF! >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Solaris10 X86 We (i.e., the DOC groups at UCI/VU/WU) don't have Solaris running on an x86 box (yet). It would therefore be great if you could figure out what patches need to be applied so that ACE compiles properly on this platform. BTW, Kitty/Bala, weren't we planning on running Solaris on an AMD box at some point? Thanks, Doug >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPIL...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Johnny- > Ok, the problem is in platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU, when a not known forte > version is found, it defaults to explicit. I am updating right now, for 4.2 > and 5.3 we default to explicit, for all others to implicit Is this necessary? I mean make it implicit by default. The explicit is not even supported, and has no chance to work cleanly. Why should we patch broken stuff. Just a thought? > Qinghuajin and other Forte 9 users, you can work around this by added the > following line to your platform_macros.GNU file. > templates = implicit This is until w...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi Jin, >> I rebuild the ACE package according the instruction above,but get >> the same result. It doesn't look to me like you've added -DACE_HAS_X86_STAT_MACROS to the build-line as recommended by Johnny Willemsen. >> my platform_macros.GNU file has the following lines: >> >> templates = implicit >> include $(ACE_ROOT)/include/makeinclude/platform_sunos5_sunc++.GNU >> >> When i rebuild the ACE library,get the following compile errors: >> $ make inline=0 -j 2 -k -f GNUmakefile.ACE >> ... >&...

Re: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi Jin, Thanks for using the PRF. >> ACE VERSION: 5.4.3 >> >> HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: >> Solaris 10 x86 >> >> TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: >> COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): >> Sun Studio 9 (Sun CC 5.6) As we've mentioned several times now, we don't have this compiler installed yet on this hardware platform, so if you want things to be fixed soon I recommend you figure out what's going wrong and send us the patches. Otherwise, pl...

RE: [ace-users]: ACE 5.4.2 and ACE 5.4.3 compile failed on Solaris 9 x86 and Solaris 10 x86 #2
Hi Steve, > > Is this necessary? I mean make it implicit by default. The > > explicit is > > not even supported, and has no chance to work cleanly. Why > > should we patch > > broken stuff. Just a thought? > > At least for ACE 5.5, Riverace supports the Forte compiler that > requires explicit. After that, we can drop it. Ok. Steve, could you maybe make clear with the build names which builds use explicit templates? Explicit templates in TAO are known to be broken at this moment. Johnny ...

Web resources about - Solaris 10 x86 : is my network card detected? - comp.unix.solaris

List of extrasolar planets detected by microlensing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is the list of 15 extrasolar planets detected by microlensing , sorted by projected separations. To find planets using that method, the ...

CCTVNews - Tianjin blasts: Toxic chemicals detected in... - Facebook
Tianjin blasts: Toxic chemicals detected in water at quarantined area Dangerous chemicals have been found at the monitoring sites in the warehouse ...

Russian Fireball Largest Ever Detected by CTBTO's Infrasound Sensors - YouTube
Infrasonic waves from the meteor that broke up over Russia's Ural mountains last week were the largest ever recorded by the CTBTO's International ...

Signals detected from AirAsia recorders
Three Indonesian search ships have detected pings from the crashed AirAsia plane's flight recorders, close to where its tail section was found. ...

AGL faces delays, additional conditions after BTEX chemicals detected
AGL's coal seam gas ambitions in the Gloucester area have been dealt a double blow with the launch of two government investigations into the ...

Rottnest on shark alert after great whites, tigers spotted and detected
Water users and holidaymakers at Perth's popular Rottnest Island are being warned to be careful after a number of shark sightings in the past ...

Body or wing of the crashed AirAsia plane is detected by sonar
The rescue team searching for the crashed AirAsia jet QZ8501 believe they have found part of the main body or a wing.

Canberra Myer evacuated after smoke detected
Malfunctioning machinery has forced the evacuation of a major department Canberra store days out from Christmas.