userdel : "user" is in use, but "user" isn't logged

Hello,
How can I delete a user account even if the userdel command tells me
that the user is in use ? But this user is not connected and no
process is using by "user"
I'm on Solaris 5.8

# last "user"
"user"   pts/3                         Wed Jan 14 09:41   still logged
in

# last -f /var/adm/utmpx
"user"   pts/3                         Wed Jan 14 09:41 - 09:32
(23:51)

# userdel -r "user"
UX: userdel: ERROR: "user" is in use.  Cannot remove it.

Thank's in advance
0
kona_iron

"Kona" <kona_iron@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
[snip]
> How can I delete a user account even if the userdel command tells me
> that the user is in use ? But this user is not connected and no
> process is using by "user"
[snip]

Are there any user's processes running? Try "ps -ef | grep user"

Supak

0
Supak
6/1/2004 3:00:02 PM
kona_iron@yahoo.fr (Kona) writes:

> Hello,
> How can I delete a user account even if the userdel command tells me
> that the user is in use ? But this user is not connected and no
> # userdel -r "user"
> UX: userdel: ERROR: "user" is in use.  Cannot remove it.

Run userdel under truss. Perhaps the failing system call will shed
some light.

tim
0
tbutler
6/2/2004 4:46:48 AM
"Supak Lailert" <supaklailert@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<1086102024.875891@lemon.yipintsoi.com>...
> "Kona" <kona_iron@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> [snip]
> > How can I delete a user account even if the userdel command tells me
> > that the user is in use ? But this user is not connected and no
> > process is using by "user"
> [snip]
>
> Are there any user's processes running? Try "ps -ef | grep user"
>
> Supak

Hello,
No processes are  running under the account of "user"

Kona
0
kona_iron