building GCC 3.3.2 or 3.2.3 on Unixware 7.1.1

Has anybody done this successfully?

I'm running into problems with the C++ library.  AFAICT, the compiler is
built ok (bootstrapping all succeeds), but the C++ library chokes.  It
seems to mostly be complaining about the 'volatile' keyword in pthread.h.

I'm using binutils, btw.  The ccs based build fails to bootstrap for me.

Best regards,

Brent

0
Brent
12/22/2003 3:43:22 PM
comp.unix.unixware.misc 270 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Brent Eagles wrote:
> Has anybody done this successfully?
>
> I'm running into problems with the C++ library.  AFAICT, the compiler is
> built ok (bootstrapping all succeeds), but the C++ library chokes.  It
> seems to mostly be complaining about the 'volatile' keyword in pthread.h.
>
> I'm using binutils, btw.  The ccs based build fails to bootstrap for me.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Brent

Brent,

I'm just trying with UnixWare 7.1.3 but the "make bootstrap" fails (the
make process bombs out with a "xgcc: Internal error: Segmentation fault
(program cc1)".

I'm using the OUDK cc compiler along with the gmake and the GNU assemble
I installed as part of the Open Source Toolkit 2.0.3 (which includes the
gcc 2.95.3pl1 compiler).

Are you in the position to tell me the "configure" options you used in
your build ?

Thanks,
Roberto
--
Roberto Zini - Technical Support Manager - email:r.zini<AT>strhold.it
Technical Support Manager -- Strhold Evolution Division  R.E. (ITALY)

0
Roberto