UW 7.1.1 and HPJetdirect

I have been trying to configure an HP Jetdirect print server on a UW
7.1.1 machine. I get output on the printer but it is stair stepped and I
can't get rid of the banner. The banner is not a regular one but comes
after the print job and looks like the arguments to lp. Changing the
interface file in /etc/lp/interfaces/<printername> seems to have no
effect. In fact, removing the interface does not even change things.
Thanks...
0
Ralph
3/2/2006 4:17:52 AM
comp.unix.unixware.misc 270 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Ralph McElmurry wrote:

> I have been trying to configure an HP Jetdirect print server on a UW
> 7.1.1 machine. I get output on the printer but it is stair stepped and I
> can't get rid of the banner. The banner is not a regular one but comes
> after the print job and looks like the arguments to lp. Changing the
> interface file in /etc/lp/interfaces/<printername> seems to have no
> effect. In fact, removing the interface does not even change things.
> Thanks...

Modify the configuration on the JetDirect print server (by telnet or web interface,
depending on the firmware revision). The JetDirect LPD implementation generates its own
banners if enabled.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke