IBM thinkpad R40 celeron wireless lan question

Hi, I have an IBM thinkpad R40 Celeron (model# 2681 CTO) that I want to add
to my home wireless network. It's wireless upgradable ready (the antenna
wires are already installed and there is a mini pci slot) I've been looking
at the IBM 31P9107 as it supports 802.11a/b/g. In trying to determine
weather this card is compatable with my system I found the following
information on the IBM USA site:

On this page,
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-52623
the information shows a compatability with the ThinkPad R40 Celeron and P4
2681.

but on this page,
http://www-132.ibm.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=-840&langId=-1&partNumber=31P9701&storeId=1
the list of compatable laptops does not include the ThinkPad R40 Celeron and
P4 2681.

Anyone know which is true?
Thanks,
Tracy

0
Tracy
4/15/2005 9:07:19 PM
comp.win.networking.misc 2434 articles. 0 followers. kmcneal (4) is leader. Post Follow

IBM thinkpad wireless lan question
Hi, I have an IBM thinkpad R40 Celeron (model# 2681 CTO) that I want to add to my home wireless network. It's wireless upgradable ready (the antenna wires are already installed and there is a mini pci slot) I've been looking at the IBM 31P9107 as it supports 802.11a/b/g. In trying to determine weather this card is compatable with my system I found the following information on the IBM USA site: On this page, http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-52623 the information shows a compatability with the ThinkPad R40 Celeron and P4 2681. but on...

ibm thinkpad 380d wireless network card
trying to find a wireless network card for this laptop and it will be for 2.4g 802.11 type anyone has or know were I can get one ...

Two IBM/Lenovo ThinkPads over a wireless network
Hi, I have been struggling for some time trying to get my two IBM/ Lenovo ThinkPads to work over our wireless network (see http:// groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad/browse_thread/thread/ 27ab28434e118e0f/6f6779b235421b1d? lnk=st&q=Garny&rnum=5#6f6779b235421b1d). One of them is a T42p and the other a X41. The X41 was recently bought to replace an old laptop, which used to work fine with the T42p over our wireless network. Since we have replaced that old laptop with the X41, things have just stopped working: we lose our wireless connection on both the T42p and X41 within...

IBM Thinkpad R40 Wireless Radio Control
HELP! I have lost my Fn+F5 functionality. Is there another way to enable the Wireless Radio? Thanks! Well, I think you can do it all through the control panel | wireless LAN settings choice, and I've got an icon in my systray from an IBM utility that also lets me control the WIFI card. hth, Chip "WirelesslyChallenged" <paulbard@cox.net> wrote in message news:d720a3f4.0408311336.1ef8e78e@posting.google.com... > HELP! > > I have lost my Fn+F5 functionality. Is there another way to enable the > Wireless Radio? > > > Thanks! ...

IBM Thinkpad T30
I'm using wireless lan and I cannot get the bluetooth to work. Is it true that I cannot use both at the same time ? Where can I get information on how to enable blue tooth to connect to my mobile ? Thanks. no.. that would be crappy.. i use bluetooth and wifi simultaneously on my t41 all the time.. they are seperate devices.. with seperate antenna.. (on seperate frequencies?) windows may object to you using both as lan adaptors tho.. even though i'm pretty sure i've done that as well. Aaron "flahmeshess" <dingdongdingding@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:58...

Question: Do I need a keyboard driver
I just bought an inexpensive keyboard (Memorex TS1 100) to use for my IBM Thinkpad 600X. However, when I plug it into the back of my laptop, it doesn't respond. Do I need some sort of driver, and if so, which one? They keyboard says System Requirements: 1) IBM PC or compatible 2) Compatible with Windows 95/98/2000/NT/4.0/ME/XP (I have win 98) PS/2 Port (does the Thinkpad 600X have this??) If this is the wrong keyboard, does anyone have suggestions about which one will work with my laptop? Thanks! Lidy lidya_pham@yahoo.com (Lidya) wrote in news:973e4427.0307191929.6c3d31c@posti...

End of "Two IBM/Lenovo ThinkPads over a wireless network"?
Hi, some of you may remember the problems I have been experiencing when having two IBM/Lenovo ThinkPads connected to a wireless network (see http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.laptops.thinkpad/browse_frm/thread/49086c8f66282b74/2f65f8f1d7cb93e3?tvc=1&q=X41+Alan+T42p). If those problems were not enough, one of my laptops' motherboard died on me! I have just got that laptop back on Friday. This means that I have been spending more or less the whole of yesterday and a bit of today playing with my 2 ThinkPads, modem/ router, network printer and network hard drive trying to get them t...

Windows 2003 server Wireless lan driver for IBM ThinkPad R51
Hi, I've tried to install the Wireless driver for Windows XP on an IBM ThinkPad model R51 (type 2887-K2G), but the installation program shows the message: ERROR - OS Section not found in INI file [iProInst.ini] and exits. Unfortunately it is not possible from the IBM driver downloads to download drivers for Windows 2003 server (the automatic driver download/install software does not help either). If anyone knows howto hack the iProInst.ini file (or any other tips and tricks) to install the driver then please let me know! Best regards Thomas Thomas, did you find a workaround? I am t...

Network Question, Subnetting Wireless Network, etc.
Hey guys, I trying to create a small network, I have a cable modem, connected to a linksys wireless router, i have two computers connected via wireless cards, to that router, I'm using DHCP to give me 192.168.1.X address, my question is my buddy is in an apartment next to me and we want his own seperate network and file sharing, which will not me visable via the entire 192.168.1.X network, so if I hook a router to an 192.168.1.X address, "his valid DHCP address", into coming connection line to the router, will the computers connect behind that router have a different addr...

IBM LAN ADAPTER DRIVERS QUICK REFERENCE IBM Network Support
>http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/options_iso/drvlist.pdf< ...

Spirit of wireless - 4
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44996&item=5168913661 Ends Mar-05-05 08:56:01 PST "Louis Ohland" <ohlandl@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:4229B566.3040507@mchsi.com... > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44996&item=5168913661 > Ends Mar-05-05 08:56:01 PST > Yes. He has the link down the page to the product description on IBM's site. Run the P/N. > Is this http://ohland.kev009.com/NIC/Wireless_LAN.html ? > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Louis Ohland" <...

Wireless networking questions...
Alright, I just got done setting up my wireless network. I have one computer hooked to a Linksys router/WAP combo with CAT-5, and another computer with a Linksys wireless PCI card. Internet access is up and working fine, both computers get about 1.2 Mbps downloads on a speed test. I'm running WinXP Home on both systems, along with Grisoft AVG and ZoneLab's ZoneAlarm (free version). However, when I try to access the hard drive of either computer from the other, I get error messages. When using the computer that is hard wired to the router, I can get to a point (in Windows Explorer) ...

Wireless Network Question
I have a PowerBook G4, 15 inch, 2GB memory, OS X 10.4.(most recent update) I connect via the Airport Extreme to a my Wireless Router, a D-Link DI-524. In the past year the wireless connection has been getting flakey, compared to the wired connections which have always had good throughput. I sometimes reload web pages, when Safari seems stuck and the page loads on a second or third attempt almost instantly. Apple Mail sometimes gets the mail real quickly, sometimes I wait forever, do a forced quit and try again. A chap I know says that the D-Link are known for flakey wireless operation. So...

wireless networking question
Apologies if this has been covered somewhere recently; if so, perhaps someone could tell me where to look! I want to add my husband's RPC (upstairs) to my network (downstairs) via a wireless link. I've got a Net100 card waiting to go into the RPC, and need some sort of wireless adaptor, but I'm not sure what to get. I already use a Belkin WAP (connected to a broadband router) to allow laptop connection with the wired parts of the network. Everything on the wireless part is 802.11g (54g), so I'd want the adapter for the RPC to support that too. Any advice apprec...

Web resources about - IBM thinkpad R40 celeron wireless lan question - comp.win.networking.misc

ThinkPad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ThinkPad is a line of laptop computers and tablets by Lenovo . The series was originally designed, developed, and sold by IBM until Lenovo acquired ...

ThinkPad Tablet Forum
ThinkPad Tablet Forum

Hero on ThinkPad - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
My new mobile phone: HTC Hero.

Lenovo Unboxed: ThinkPad X220t tablet - YouTube
We unbox the Lenovo ThinkPad X220t convertible tablet. Go up to 18 hours unplugged with our slice battery. Choose from among touch, pen or traditional ...

Lenovo unveils Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2
Lenovo unveils Windows 8 ThinkPad Tablet 2

Lenovo toasts ThinkPad at 20 with new laptop, tablet
... unveiling of two new works - from Chinese PC maker Lenovo Group Ltd. Chinese PC maker Lenovo Group Ltd marked the 20th anniversary of the ThinkPad ...

大气沉稳商务本 ThinkPad X230i正热卖_ThinkPad笔记本电脑_笔记本行情-中关村在线
ThinkpadX230i笔记本一直以来都是商务本里的畅销机型,目前这款全新设计的产品正在亚马逊商城促销,最新价格为4599元,这个价格不算贵建议近期有购机计划的朋友关注一下亚马逊商城。亚马逊商城ThinkPadX230i促销Thin。

精中求变 ThinkPad T440简评_网易数码
精中求变 ThinkPad T440简评

Lenovo’s laptops are looking less like Thinkpads and more like MacBook Pros
. This is the new Lenovo IdeaPad U310 (and U410) as it appears in the FCC database . I always wonder if, in the design meetings at Lenovo, they ...

Sure, ThinkPads Sell Well, But What About Brand Lenovo?
He's dropped laptops from planes and sent school science projects into space, but can Lenovo CMO David Roman make the world's No. 2 computer ...