change mac address get mac address spoofing mac address find computer by mac address

Mac Address Spoofing Report
Victor J. Canny D.
Abstract: Mac address can uniquely identifies each node of a network,
ISPs and network administrators use mac address to manage their pc
users. PC users may want to spoof mac address so that he need not to
contact with ISP for a new network interface card (NIC); PC users may
want to hide his mac address so that totally hide his information on
the internet.
Introduction
Mac address, short for Media Access Control address, is a hardware
address that uniquely identifies each node of a network.
It means, in a local area network (LAN) or other network, the MAC
(Media Access Control) address is your computer's unique NIC number.
(On an Ethernet LAN, it's the same as your Ethernet address.) When you
browser the Internet with your computer (or host as the Internet
protocol thinks of it), a correspondence table relates your IP address
to your computer's mac address on the LAN. This table often organized
by your computer's router or your ISPs.
The MAC address is used by the Media Access Control sublayer of the
Data-Link Layer (DLC) of telecommunication protocols. There is a
different MAC sublayer for each physical device type. The other
sublayer level in the DLC layer is the Logical Link Control sublayer.
Mac address is a physical address of nics, it is not easy to be
spoofed. However, Spoofing mac address could be useful to:
You don't blow your time calling the ISP and ask them to update the
registered MACaddress to match the new hardware. Some Cable Modem ISP's
assign IP addresses base on the PC's MAC addresses. For whatever
reason, if you need to swap 2 PC's regularly to connect to the cable
modem, it would be a lot easier to change MACaddresses rather than to
change Network Interface Card (NIC).

You can scan the MacAddress of destination computer.
You can perform security checking on MAC Address based authentication
and authorization systems
You can build Stand-by (offline) systems with the EXACT same
CompterName, IP, and MACADDRESSES as the Primary Systems. If Stand-by
systems should be put online, NO arp table refresh is necessary, which
eliminates extra downtime.
Test network management tools .
Some software can ONLY be installed and run on the systems with
pre-defined MAC address in the license file. Now you can install one of
these applications to another system with a different NIC.
Troubleshoot Network problems. Arp Tables, Routering, Switching,...
This paper will propose methods of spoofing mac address.

1 Automatic spoofing mac address under win95/98/nt/2000/2003/xp
A much easier method to change MAC address under Windows is to use the
a-mac address change utility. It based MAC address that is interpreted
by the network adapter device driver, which eventually pass to Windows
operating system.
By using a-mac utility, you can:
spoof Mac Address As Easy As 1-2-3! Three Steps And You're Done! Here's
All The "Technical" Stuff You Need To Know...

Step #1 Is So Easy...
Select the Ethernet networks cards which you want to change MacAddress.
Then, There's Step #2...
Input the new MacAddress
And Finally, Step #3...
Click "change to" button, OK!!!
2 Troubleshooting of spoofing mac address by a-mac address change
2.1 Not getting the new MAC address just updated?
MAC addresses must obey IANA Number Assignments database. For example,
"00-00-00-00-00-00" is not a valid MAC address, therefore, even though
you can update this address, it may be rejected by the NIC device
driver because it is not valid, and Phisical MAC address will be used
instead. Even "00-00-00-00-00-00" may be accepted by the NIC device
driver, however, the device will not function.
You can find the information at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ethernet-numbers.htm. The latest MAC
address Organization Unique Identifier (OUI) listing is available at
http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/oui.txt.
2.2 Still having problem after I choose right mac address
You ISPs or router may demand for special mac address or special mac
address-ip combination. At this time, you can use a-mac address change
to scan mac address first, then use the scanned mac address-ip
combination to spoof a new mac address. Make sure there is no two
computer with same mac address-ip combination active together, other
there may be network problem.
Some time you can visit http://www.whatismyip.com to find your true IP,
which can help you to scan mac address of your local network.
3 Conclusion
a-mac address change works good on all windows system and better
meeting the using of spoofing mac address.

Reference:

http://amac.paqtool.com

0
mbaforpeace
1/12/2007 11:24:20 AM
comp.win.nt.admin.networking 797 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

MAC Address Filtering & Bandwidth Limiting based on MAC Address
I am setting up a wireless network and i want to be able to hand out ip addresses only to accepted mac addresses and limit the bandwidth based on mac addresses. so some macs will get 768k of bandwidth and others could get up to 1.5mbps. is that possible and how do i do it? ...

Getting IP address from MAC Address
Previous Message had wrong title Hi all, I have a question for you, I'm looking for a way to have the IP address corresponding to a MAC address I've found this piece of code ( vbs was the original extension ) which gives me the local IP address but I would like to enter a MAC address ( like 00-01-02-03-04-05 ) and then I would like in return the corresponding IP address of the remote computer. I'm not looking for code that gives me the MAC from an IP ( ping 1.1.1.1 and arp -a will gives the answer) strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\&q...

Getting MAC address from IP Address
Hi all, I have a question for you, I'm looking for a way to have the IP address corresponding to a MAC address I've found this piece of code ( vbs was the original extension ) which gives me the local IP address but I would like to enter a MAC address ( like 00-01-02-03-04-05 ) and then I would like in return the corresponding IP address of the remote computer. I'm not looking for code that gives me the MAC from an IP ( ping 1.1.1.1 and arp -a will gives the answer) strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & &quo...

[...]

Find IP address from MAC address?
I have an old DP-101p+ print server device. The auto-detect software that it comes with does not find the device. However, I do have the MAC address listed on the back. How can I find what IP address the device is set to? Thanks, -M vamichael@gmail.com wrote: > I have an old DP-101p+ print server device. The auto-detect > software that it comes with does not find the device. However, I do > have the MAC address listed on the back. > How can I find what IP address the device is set to? If it is just your system and the device on the network - say a hub or...

IP address from MAC address
Hi all, my network connection is DHCP, but I want to be able to login to my computer remotely. Is there any way to remotely find my IP address from my MAC address, or do I just need to remember to recopy my IP address every time my computer reboots (I have a dual-boot)? aristotle2600@yahoo.com (Steve) wrote in message news:<60a140ee.0310061135.14b446d@posting.google.com>... > Hi all, my network connection is DHCP, but I want to be able to login > to my computer remotely. Is there any way to remotely find my IP > address from my MAC address, or do I just need to remembe...

MAC address of an IPv6 address
Hi All, I am writing a program that tests the health of a NIC card. I am creating a NDD socket (Data Link Access) which I will use to send ICMP ECHO packets to a given host. This means that my application has to build the entire packet and I have to create and add the IP/IPv6, ICMP/6, and MAC headers in my application. I got things to work for IP, but I am stuck with IPv6: 1) How do I find the MAC address for an IPv6 remote host? For IP, I use the SIOCGARP ioctl and get the MAC adress from the ARP cache. But IPv6 does not use ARP. there is something called neighbor discovery for IPv6, but I ...

[...]

mac address and ip address
when we send any packet through network,packet travels from layer 1 to layer 2,at layer 2,we check the mac address of the packet,if it matches the mac address of host then it is accepted and and forword to layer 3,otherwise packet is rejected.at layer 3 we check for ip address. Now i want to know,if mac address matches then what is need to check ip address? ...

[...]

Change MAC Address Can Change IP Address of a Machine?
Is there any way to change the MAC address of a machine? IP address is assigned by ISP. My understanding is that IP address is based on the MAC address of a machine, is that correct concept? Please advise. Thanks!! ...

Web resources about - change mac address get mac address spoofing mac address find computer by mac address - comp.win.nt.admin.networking

IP address spoofing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The basic protocol for sending data over the Internet network and many other computer networks is the Internet Protocol ("IP"). The header of ...

Superhero Movie spoofing Tom Cruise Scientology clip! - YouTube
Superhero Movie- Tom Cruise Spoof lol hella funny

Choice urges IP spoofing for better IT prices - Parliament, House, prices, iTunes, guide, US forwarding ...
Consumers should spoof their IP address and use US forwarding addresses to beat high IT prices in Australia, consumer advocacy group Choice said. ...

'Phone spoofing' scammers disguise as local callers
... the number the scammer uses already belongs to a real person. Mike Boychuk, a real estate agent in Saskatoon, has been a victim of phone spoofing. ...

Bonnier Corp. Victimized by Some Very Costly Email Spoofing
Keith J. Kelly has an explosive scoop today. According to the New York Post media columnist’s sources, hackers possibly based in China breached ...

Viral Video: More Google Glass Photographer Spoofing
No need to preface this, except to say there will apparently be no letting up on the meme that Google Glass presents some interesting challenges ...

Apple Is Developing A New Tool To Stop Web ‘Spoofing’ On iOS And Mac Devices
Future Apple iOS and Mac devices could come with new anti-spoofing technology that employs sensors to protect users from wandering eyes. The ...

Apple urges users to stick with iMessage to avoid iPhone SMS spoofing
Apple on Saturday officially responded to reports that its latest mobile operating system remains vulnerable to text message spoofing, recommending ...

iOS 5.1.1 patches URL spoofing flaw, two other security vulnerabilities
... in iOS 5.0, 5.0.1, and 5.1, but is fixed in 5.1.1, as highlighted by Kaspersky Lab's ThreatPost blog . In addition to a fix for the URL spoofing ...

Oystacher Gets a Second Spoofing Fine, This Time From ICE
... was fined $125,000 for disruptive trading on a U.S. exchange, the second recent case alleging he engaged in a banned practice called spoofing. ...