Windows 2003 Terminal Server Printing issue

We are having an issue with an HP 4350 printer in a Windows 2003
terminal server session.  We recently added the 500 page tray as tray
3.  We reconfigured the printer on the server and all the clients see
it on their local machines.  However, when they logon to the Windows
2003 terminal server the printer redirects but the 3rd tray is shown as
"Not Installed".  We are utterly stumped at this.  If anyone has seen a
similar situation and knows of a fix please contact me.
Thank you,

Scott Abel
scott@mortgageit.com

0
sabel
12/9/2004 6:17:10 PM
comp.win.nt.admin.networking 797 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

slow printing over network
Hello all. After installing a new Windows 2003 Terminal Server w/MS Office 2003, we've noticed slow printing across the company network. The error message MS Word 2003 gives is: Microsoft Office Word: The printer has not yet responded, but the Microsoft Office program may be able to proceed without printer information. Do you want to continue to wait for the printer? I have also noticed under "Printer and Faxes" the status of several LAN printers change to: Status: Printer not found on server, unable to connect. There are approx 30 network printers in...

Windows Server 2003 Network Printing Performance and Errors
I have recently upgrade a file and print server to Windows Server 2003 and have been having issues with printing. I upgraded hardware to a 3.0 Ghz Xeon, with 2 GB of memory, and approx. 80 GB of disk. Initially the issue was slow network printing, extremely slow, 2 to 3 times slower than the old W2k server which was a third of the system hardware-wise. I've tried pretty much everything new and old drivers, Microsoft and vendor based drivers, disabling and enabling advanced printing features... nothing corrected the slowness. The primary printers with the issue are 2 HP LJ5000s and 1 HP ...

Windows Server 2003 Network Printing Performance and Errors
I have recently upgrade a file and print server to Windows Server 2003 and have been having issues with printing. I upgraded hardware to a 3.0 Ghz Xeon, with 2 GB of memory, and approx. 80 GB of disk. Initially the issue was slow network printing, extremely slow, 2 to 3 times slower than the old W2k server which was a third of the system hardware-wise. I've tried pretty much everything new and old drivers, Microsoft and vendor based drivers, disabling and enabling advanced printing features... nothing corrected the slowness. The primary printers with the issue are 2 HP LJ5000s and 1 HP ...

Printing on a Windows Terminal 2003 Server with Notes 6.5
Hello, when I try to print on a Windows Terminal 2003 Server with Notes 6.5 no printers appear in the printig dialoge. I found out the following. Starting Notes, trying to print with regmon running, regmon logs this: 1 148.49681091 nlnotes.exe:3376 QueryKey HKCU\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Devices BUFFER OVERFLOW 2 148.49684143 nlnotes.exe:3376 EnumerateValueHKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Devices NO MORE ENTRIES I compared the keys, below "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Devices" all devices are listed for adm...

Migrating applications from Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 to Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000
Hi, I've got a bunch of VB6 applications which currently run on a Windows NT/SQL Server 7.0 server config with client machines on Windows 2000. I'm planning to replace the servers with Windows 2003/SQL Server 2000 configs, keeping client machines on Windows 2000 for now. So generally speaking, are there many programming or configuration changes I'll need to make to the applications so that they'll run on the new configuration? What issues can I expect etc? I'm just after general issues any of you may have experienced by migrating from NT to 2003, and also from SQL Server...

Print from Solaris to Windows 2003 Print Server
How do I print from a Solaris 9 machine to a Windows 2003 Print server? Thanks, -Ben In article <1106242970.438027.306040@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, <ben@spader.us> wrote: >How do I print from a Solaris 9 machine to a Windows 2003 Print server? <URL:http://www.windowsitpro.com/Article/ArticleID/14526/14526.html> How can I configure NT as a print server for UNIX systems? John groenveld@acm.org Hi ! ben@spader.us <ben@spader.us> schrieb: > How do I print from a Solaris 9 machine to a Windows 2003 Print server? Try CUPS :-) Cups provides a backend for p...

Pervasive SQL 9.0 performance issue on a Terminal Services server with Windows 2003
We have an externally developed application that generally runs on Windows desktop (Historically this has been Windows NT - we hav recently upgraded to Windows XP). The application stores its data locally on the desktop in what used t be a btrieve database and is now a Pervasive database. We are runnin the Prevasice workgoup Version 8 on the desktops. there is n client/server process involved. We have recently consolidated several (infact there are about 42) o these desktop components onto a Windows 2003 Terminal server wit 16Gbyte memory and quad 2.7Ghz/2M XEON MP Processors and with each...

WTB or trade: Windows Terminal Server for Windows NT 4
I'm interested in running Windows NT 4 on an IBM PS/2 Model 80 so I only need one, maybe two licenses. It has to be NT because that's the server on my LAN. Please e-mail me at kaliushkin <at> att <dot> net. TIA, Dan "Dan-the K" <kaliushkin@att.net> wrote in news:1124336425.658101.160640 @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com: > I'm interested in running Windows NT 4 on an IBM PS/2 Model 80 so I > only need one, maybe two licenses. It has to be NT because that's the > server on my LAN. > > Please e-mail me at kaliushkin...

WINDOWS XP PRO --> WINDOWS 2003 SERVER
Hello, I want to add to the domain a computer but I can't. Client PC with Windows XP Pro can only see itself and the same with the windows 2003 server. The ping doesn't work. Maybe the problems are the IP numbers? Hardware is correctly installed and appears in both computers the network icon working. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. PeeWee You must get basic network TCP/IP connectivity working first. PING tests will help. Once that happens then try joining the PC to the domain. Can you describe your network and TCP/IP network addressing? ...

Server 2003 Terminal Server Group Policy in NT 4.0 Domain
I have built a Server 2003 Terminal Server, running Citrix MetaFrame XP, as a member server in our NT 4.0 Domain. We are not running AD at this time. I would like to set policies to restrict what the remote users can/can't do. I can run gpedit.msc and lock things down, but how can I keep individual users or even a group (i.e., Domain Admins) from receiving the same lockdown? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Windows 2003 server enterprise Vs Pervasive.Sql v9 for Nt server
If I use a server with 8 Gb of Ram with Os win 2003 server enterprise. Does it BeakThrough the windows limitation of 2 Gb ram for a users process for the cache memory. No. However, if you disable the L2 cache, kick the L1 cache up to a high value (such as 800MB), and enable the System Cache, you'll have better PSQL performance, since the OS will cache file data in the other 6GB of memory. Goldstar Software Inc. Pervasive-based Products, Training & Services Bill Bach BillBach@goldstarsoftware.com http://www.goldstarsoftware.com *** Chicago: Pervasive Service & Support Cla...

SFTP Server (for Windows Server 2003) that can map "network drives"
Hello, I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client. Many thanks and kind regards, Jens gte477k <jens.schroeder@gmx.ch> writes: > Hello, > > I am looking for a SFTP Server for Windows Server 2003, which has the > capability to map network drives (which have been mapped vie net use > to the Windows Server) further to the SFTP client. > > Many thanks and kind regards, Van Dyke VShell server I believe can do this. A trial...

Windows 2003 Terminal Server
Hi. Could anyone explain is it possible to connect to the same desktop on Windows 2003 server? I want to start Windows 2003 on one computer, start a number of applications, for example Excel and Word, then go to another computer and connect from it to that Windows 2003 server. I want to see the same desktop that left on that computer with Excel and Word started. Currently, it works like when I connect to that computer I get a completely new desktop. A good example of how I would like to see it is connecting to the Windows XP terminal server. Alex ...

print server or network issue?
Hi, Guess some of the folks here must have similiar experiences as mine. I have two printers connected to a Hawking technology print server. It has one parallel port (to my HP Laserjet 4 plus) and two USB ports (one empty, one used with a Canon S9000 photo printer). Both printers have occasional problems. The HP laserjet 4 sometimes print "endless" blank or scripted pages. This is always fixed by reinstalling printer driver. The Canon printer always replies with printer not on line/printer error but end up printing things out with no problem. This works if print is easy and lowr...

Web resources about - Windows 2003 Terminal Server Printing issue - comp.win.nt.admin.networking

Howland Hook Marine Terminal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Howland Hook Marine Terminal is a container port facility in the Port of New York and New Jersey located in northwestern Staten Island in ...

Fires rage at Libyan oil terminal after ISIS attack
Fires at oil storage tanks in the major Libyan terminal of Ras Lanuf were still raging two days after Islamic State militants set fire to the ...

FIFO headache: new Virgin terminal to cause airport parking havoc
Virgin Australia's new domestic terminal is set to become a headache for fly-in, fly-out workers who leave their cars in long-term airport parking ...

Brisbane's new $100m cruise ship terminal to go to Cabinet
The world's largest cruise ships could be in Brisbane from mid-2019 with plans for the city's second cruise ship terminal to be built in a $100 ...

Fires rage at Libyan oil terminal after ISIS attack
Fires at oil storage tanks in the major Libyan terminal of Ras Lanuf were still raging two days after Islamic State militants set fire to the ...

Hands-on: Square Contactless is an Apple Pay payment terminal for any business
... and iPads, which means small businesses and pop up shops can take Apple Pay payments from iPhones and Apple Watches without expensive terminal ...

Flatbush Zombies cancel Terminal 5 show, playing two nights at Webster Hall instead
... Zombies are releasing their first LP and touring in 2016, but now there's a slight change to their schedule. Their previously-announced Terminal ...

Police: eHarmony date leads to rape at bus terminal
An alleged rape victim told police she was raped after meeting a date at New York City's Port Authority bus terminal

Thin and terminal client outlook lowered due to project delays and emerging market issues, says IDC
The global thin and terminal client market deteriorated during the third quarter of 2015, declining 6.7% on year, according to the IDC Worldwide ...

Donatella Arpaia and the Prova Team to Take Over Two Boots Space in Grande Central Terminal
... Chelsea closed late last year the brand will live on in Grand Central Station. Donatella Arpaia will open Prova Pizzabar in the commuter terminal ...