How do I create a custom packet??

Hi all. I am new to windows driver programming and I am interested in
NDIS programming. I would like to know how to create a custom packet
using NDIS for sending a UDP message. If anybody could show some code
as to how to create custom packets it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

0
quickmist
8/23/2006 5:58:47 PM
comp.win.nt.kernel-mode 2877 articles. 0 followers. mat.hieu (4) is leader. Post Follow

You can do it from application land using sockets.

If you want to do it from a driver, just construct the packet and send
it.

quickmist wrote:
> Hi all. I am new to windows driver programming and I am interested in
> NDIS programming. I would like to know how to create a custom packet
> using NDIS for sending a UDP message. If anybody could show some code
> as to how to create custom packets it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

0
fat_boy

Win NT Kernel Mode Driver Help needed
You guys are such good teachers, I wanted to do something a little more difficult. I would like to make this workable for Win 98. Thanks. ;::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ; ; beeper.asm - Kernel Mode Driver for Windows NT ; Makes beep thorough computer speaker ; ;::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: 386 model flat, stdcall option casemap:none ;::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...

Finding Job Info for a Kernel mode printer driver under Win NT 4
We are writing a plugin for a kernel mode MS (Adobe) PostScript driver for windows NT. In kernel mode the normal win32 functions to EnumPrinters and EnumJobs are not allowed. Is there some other way to get this info in kernel mode? We need to get JobID, The Submission string, Date, user, machine name, Document, and number of pages. d02@whidbey.coom wrote: > We are writing a plugin for a kernel mode MS (Adobe) PostScript > driver for windows NT. In kernel mode the normal win32 functions > to EnumPrinters and EnumJobs are not allowed. Is there some > other way to ...

create custom network packet
hi @all I would like to create a custom network packet with: layer 2: ethernet layer 3: ip At first, I want to create a ip packet and set some header fields (for example the TOS-byte) by myself. After that, I take the created ip-packet and nest it into a new ethernet packet, which I create too. Also, I would like to change the header fields in the ethernet packet (e.g. cos-field). Over a raw socket, I'll send the packet to a other station in the network. Has anyone a solution or any experience? thanks for help... -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. On Oct 13, 2007, at 3:46 AM,...

inet_ntoa in nt kernel mode ??
I need DebugPrint ip address in Ascii string not long or int number. When we programe application in user mode , we can use inet_ntoa. How can we do in kernel mode ? I try to write the same code of inet_ntoa as user mode application . but it seems we can't use sprintf function either. // ip print function (not thread safe ) char * inet_ntoa(unsigned int ip_addr) { int i ; static char str_ip_addr[16]; char * p_addr=(char*)&ip_addr; for(i=0;i<(sizeof(unsigned int )/sizeof(char));i++) { sprintf(str_ip_addr,"%u",&p_addr); } return str_ip_addr; } ...

NT kernel-mode stack
I was playing with a sample driver trying to create a kernel stack overflow crash-dump by making my IRP_MJ_READ handler call another function coded as: void pkk_crash (void) { static int i = 0; char a [x]; // x = various values [I tried upto 10MB] pkk_crash (); // infinite recursion } What I observed was this: 1) If I do only this much then I see 100% CPU utilization, almost all in kernel, till the system started to rearrange virtual memory size (when I got impatient and rebooted by hand) 2) If I add a statement in the code such as DbgPrint ("addr of a = %p\n",...

Win Win Win Win......
Win Win Win Win...... Win cash Rs.10,000. SMS BLUFF to 57333 (Only For Indian) Free Registration! - Register here Free:- http://offr.biz/HLDDT337130BVGMJPF (....Free Offer is Valid Only For First 250 members who Registered...) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Tests on com1 in kernel mode (Win XP)
Hello, I'm doing some tests under XP, but the results seem strange. In a kernel mode driver, I must be able to directly access the IO ports, isn't it ? So I make direct access to ports corresponding to com1 (I know it's not regular, but this is for tests only), ie 3F8 to 3FF. IO write seem to have no effect, IO read always give FF. If I make the same test while Hyperterminal is running, results seem to be OK !!! Com1 works properly when used by Windows XP (Hyperterminal for example). The resources used are really 3F8 to 3FF. I supposed the problem might be that th...

Kernel mode or user mode
After the shared memory (memory mapped file) has been created and a pointer (void* m_Ptr) associated to the view of the shared memory (MapViewOfFIle). Is reading or writing the pointer (m_Ptr) a kernel mode or a user mode operation? Thanks Amit "amit gulati" <amitgulati@cox.net> wrote in message news:c1qgil$ahg$1@news2.news.larc.nasa.gov... > After the shared memory (memory mapped file) has been created and a > pointer (void* m_Ptr) associated to the view of the shared memory > (MapViewOfFIle). > > Is reading or writing the pointer (m_Ptr...

User Mode and Kernel Mode
Hi, Its a old question, and still haunts me some times. How does the OS change from the user mode to kernel mode. As per some or the books we have the Assembly call "trap" which actually changes the OS mode to kernel mode. So we have the System call which calls the trap somewhere down the line to change the mode. The Kernel Address space and the User Address space are two different area and they information is transferred though proc structures. In the same line what are executions modes which are hardware related. Intel hardware have more than 3 executions mo...

Is there a way to create and write to a file while operating in kernel mode?
Hi... Is there a way to create and write to a file while operating in kernel mode which can later be accessed in user mode for viewing kernel supplied information? Do we have to use ZwCreateFile and ZwWriteFile to achieve the same? Actually I am performing local kernel debugging using windbg and viewing the output of various DbgPrint statements using debugger command: "!dbgprint". The problem I am facing here is that it looks like the DbgPrint buffer is too small and the output of previous DbgPrint's overlaps/overwrites the current DbgPrint output making things di...

How to send a tcp packet to same machine from a kernel module by creating a sk_buff struct
Hi all, Can somebody tell me or point me to correct resource . I want to know how can i send a fabricated TCP packet from my kernel module using sk_buff . So basically how do i create this struct, make it look like a sk_buff having incoming tcp packet on some device and add it to queue from which sk_buff are processed by upper layers. So kernel TCP layer should see it as normal packet. Thanks, TellMeMore ...

pthread is user mode thread, right?How can I create a kernel thread?
Thanks, On 2005-06-12, yijun_lily@yahoo.com <yijun_lily@yahoo.com> wrote: > pthread is user mode thread, right? Maybe. That depends on what you mean by "user mode". A pthread thread executes in user-mode. If you want code to execute in kernel-mode you're going to have to write a driver module. > How can I create a kernel thread? What do you mean by "kernel thread" and why do you want to create one? -- Grant Edwards grante Yow! In Newark the at laundromats are open 24 ...

Can't access NT service created kernel object on Vista
Hi All, I have app1 and app2. app1 create some kernel objects (events). If app1 runs in normal (as a console program) the app2 can access those objects using OpenEvents. If app2 runs in service mode the OpenEvent returns error #2 (system can't find the file specified). I already pass a SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES struct with a NULL DACL to CreateEvent in app1 in order that the kernel objects created in nt service can be accessed by any app. I don't have a such a problem on Windows XP, only on Vista. Many thanks Timmy ...

Linux : How to send a tcp packet to same machine from a kernel module by creating a sk_buff struct
Hi all, Can somebody tell me or point me to correct resource . I want to know how can i send a fabricated TCP packet from my kernel module using sk_buff . So basically how do i create this struct, make it look like a sk_buff having incoming tcp packet on some device and add it to queue from which sk_buff are processed by upper layers. So kernel TCP layer should see it as normal packet. Thanks, TellMeMore ...

Web resources about - How do I create a custom packet?? - comp.win.nt.kernel-mode

Packet trade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A "packet ship" was originally a vessel employed to carry post office mail packets to and from British embassies, colonies and outposts. In sea ...

The Island Packet (@islandpacket) on Twitter

The Island Packet E-Edition on the App Store on iTunes
Get The Island Packet E-Edition on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Why our pay packets feel lighter
Slower real wage growth has become a feature of the global economy. And, according to the RBA, Australians should get used to it.

ANZ's CEO pay packet closes in on $11m
ANZ'S outgoing chief executive Mike Smith annual pay packet has ticked higher to just under $11 million.

ANZ's CEO pay packet closes in on $11m - PerthNow Search Search
ANZ'S outgoing chief executive Mike Smith annual pay packet has ticked higher to just under $11 million.

TWU slams Joyce's $11.9m pay packet
The TWU says Qantas chief executive Alan Joyce's $11.9 million pay packet is an outrage to struggling staff.

Peppa Pig and Dora the Explorer children's crayons among packets found to contain asbestos
Stationery giant Officeworks is pulling crayons from its shelves for testing amid fears Australian children may have been exposed to asbestos. ...

Gina Rinehart moves to slash employee pay packets at Roy Hill mine
Australia's richest person Gina Rinehart wants workers at her $10 billion Roy Hill mine to take pay cuts&nbsp;to preserve jobs and &quot;family ...

Jarryd Hayne secures substantial pay packet with San Francisco 49ers in NFL, coach puts call out for ...
... months waiting to discover his fate, Jarryd Hayne has sealed his spot on the San Francisco 49ers 53-man roster - and a substantial pay packet. ...