removing printer driver reverence from the add printer wizard

Hi,
I installed a print driver to create TIFF images. I also removed the
printer by deleting that. Now when i go into the 'Add Printer' Wizard
the reference of the 'Manufacturer' and the printer driver is still in
the 'Install Printer Software' window on the add printer wizard.
Can somebody help me figure out how to remove the reference to the old
printer driver in the 'Add Printer' Wizard.

Note: I am using WindowsXp Professional.

Thanks in advance,
Jobby
0
jobbeyjoseph
10/21/2004 9:58:03 PM
comp.win.nt.kernel-mode 2877 articles. 0 followers. mat.hieu (4) is leader. Post Follow

Finding Job Info for a Kernel mode printer driver under Win NT 4
We are writing a plugin for a kernel mode MS (Adobe) PostScript driver for windows NT. In kernel mode the normal win32 functions to EnumPrinters and EnumJobs are not allowed. Is there some other way to get this info in kernel mode? We need to get JobID, The Submission string, Date, user, machine name, Document, and number of pages. d02@whidbey.coom wrote: > We are writing a plugin for a kernel mode MS (Adobe) PostScript > driver for windows NT. In kernel mode the normal win32 functions > to EnumPrinters and EnumJobs are not allowed. Is there some > other way to ...

Printer Driver: Kernel Mode or User Mode
Dear All, I wanna write a printer driver, Which do you suggest me: writing it in kernel mode or in user mode i am new to kernel mode programing and i have to write the driver so fast Thanks User mode, unless you need NT4 support. -- Maxim Shatskih, Windows DDK MVP StorageCraft Corporation maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com "Majid" <majid.jahanshahi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1107858721.202474.48260@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Dear All, > I wanna write a printer driver, Which do you suggest me: writing it...

Add Printer Wizard starts to hang after installation of Dell/Lexmark printer
Problem: After you install Windows software provided with a Dell or Lexmark printer, you cannot add more printers, because Add Printer Wizard hangs. Reason: Enabled LexBce Server service, with %SystemRoot%\system32\LEXBCES.EXE residing in memory. Solution: [WARNING! THE FOLLOWING WILL EDIT YOUR REGISTRY. ALWAYS BACKUP REGISTRY BEFORE EDITING IT.] Login with an account with administrative privileges. Create a text file any_name.REG containing the following: ----- Copy seven lines below ----- Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\...

necessary to install printer driver for shared printer on computer that is not attached to printer?
We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is it necessary to install the HP drivers on the Win 7 computer in addition to the XP computer? best, Aaron From: <aaronep@pacbell.net> > We have two computers, one has XP OS and the other Win 7 OS. We > have an HP Office Jet All in One Color printer attached to the XP > computer. In order to access the printer from the Win 7 computer, is > it necessary to in...

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

Win NT Kernel Mode Driver Help needed
You guys are such good teachers, I wanted to do something a little more difficult. I would like to make this workable for Win 98. Thanks. ;::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ; ; beeper.asm - Kernel Mode Driver for Windows NT ; Makes beep thorough computer speaker ; ;::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: 386 model flat, stdcall option casemap:none ;::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...

Printer name = printer driver name ?
Hello, here's something I would like to understand. My new HP 1012 laser printer is connected to a WIN98SE PC. This PC is in a network with two WIN2000 PC's. After installing the drivers on these PC's I notice that the printer does not have the share name I assigned to it at the WIN98SE PC, but rather the name of the driver. Everything works at this moment, but... this looks strange to me. Did I do something wrong ? Any comments ? Thank you -- R-ton ...

I have a Canon PIXMA ip4000 printer attached via USB to my PC. My Mac can see it and add it but it cannot load the right driver. I installed the printer on the Mac as well then re connected it to the PC hoping that after the Mac would be able to locate or display the proper Canon driver. Any idea how to get the correct driver assigned to this shared printer? Thanks, Om Mac- G4/450 w 512MB RAM 10.3.8, Canon driver 2.6.0 PC- Win2K Pro- printer shared Both machines network flawlessly together ...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer

printer driver driver
Seems to me, someone should be able to write a printer driver driver, that will take the output from XP, 7, 8, or 10 and convert it to what the output from win98 or XP would look like, to be used as input for old printers. So that old printers -- and other accessories -- could be used with new versions of windows. So it woudln't have to be printer-specific, If this won't work, how come? It annoys me that not only do they want us to buy a new version of Windows, which often means a new computer, but then we have to buy new printers, etc. This is a multi-part mes...

Printer Ink

want second printer driver for a printer with different specs
In the book, "Special Edition- Using Microsoft Windows Vista", the author says one of the reasons to install another driver on pg. 208: "You want to set up different printer preference sets for a single physical printer.....". Sounds good, but I can't see how to do it. In the printer folder, I can see a button for Add a Printer- but will that process succeed in loading a second, identical driver? (one that I can modify) Joe "Joe" <abc@xyz.com> wrote: >In the book, "Special Edition- Using Microsoft Windows Vista", the au...

Web resources about - removing printer driver reverence from the add printer wizard - comp.win.nt.kernel-mode

Reverence for Life - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The phrase Reverence for Life is a translation of the German phrase: " Ehrfurcht vor dem Leben " . These words came to Albert Schweitzer on a ...

Fear and Loathing in Valada - Reverence Festival 2014 - YouTube
Short Lomokimo 35mm film shot at Reverence Valada Festival (12-13 Sept 2014). Film used: Lomography 35mm slide film, 64ISO, expired. Music: The ...

NGV unfurls John Herbert's age-worn Moses with fitting reverence
Michael Varcoe-Cocks, the National Gallery of Victoria's head of conservation, has worn his best black sports jacket for the occasion - the unrolling ...

Reason needs reverence: What we've yet to learn from the Enlightenment
Whatever else the idea of God may be, it is above all the idea that human beings have limits - but to understand limits as fetters is to misunderstand ...

Zimbabwe: Reason Wafavarova - Reverence for Hatred of Democracy
allAfrica: African news and information for a global audience

Reverence Beyond Religion
Moshe Halbertal reviews Ronald Dworkin’s final book, Religion Without God , which argues that a religious sense of objective order and morality ...

Kabbage raises $135 million Series E from Reverence Capital, ING, Santander - Business Insider
Reverence Capital, ING, Santander InnoVentures, and Scotiabank have all put money into the data heavy small business lender.

WHISNANT: Irresponsible reverence
With Jeb Bush gearing up to run for president, we are the midst of a well-orchestrated but subtle campaign to whitewash the disaster that was ...

Tribal objects shown reverence on trip home to US
The shipping reflects the deeply sensitive nature of the items that the Los Angeles-based Annenberg Foundation quietly bought for $530,000 at ...

Penn State's Culture of Reverence Led to 'Total Disregard' for Children's Safety
The Freeh report paints an ugly picture of leaders' turning a blind eye to abuse on their campus.