Can't move dialog boxes, close button doesn't work

What would prevent a dialog box from being movable and the close
button from working?

A little background:  I ported an old, pure windows API application
(ie. no MFC, OWL) from Borland 5.0 to VC++ 6.0.  All dialogs used to work
fine in Borland.  Now in VC6 some work but others have the above symptoms.
Some are also transparent, that is they lost their frame and titlebar and
the controls
float above the background.  The application runs under 98 as well as XP
with the same problem.  I spied the window styles and they appear to be the
same in working and non-working dialogs.  Spying the messages that the
dialog gets when the close button is pressed shows that non-working dialogs
never get the WM_CLOSE command.

TIA,

Dave

Dave
9/22/2004 12:26:00 PM
comp.win.programmer.misc 1111 articles. 0 followers. MajorSetback (104) is leader. Post Follow