printing postscript on default (non-postscript) printer

Hello.

Is there a way to print postscript (.ps) files on default (not
necessarily a postscript) printer from windows CLI or using some kind
of a spooler to watch over a certain directory?

I've seen utilities like PrintFile or RedMon, but they don't seem to
work.

If nobody knows of a tool like this, perhaps you could point me into the
right directon; I need to know how windows programs print. Ie. I know
they place a file into the spooler, but what is the format of that .prn (?)
file? Some sort of PCL or what?

TIA.

--
Uspjesne regije, tvrtke, muskarci i zene znaju da je uvijek bolje biti
prvorazredna verzija sebe nego drugorazredna verzija nekog drugog.

On 2005-08-31, Davorin Vlahovic <nrubA@ylf.krs.ref.rh> wrote:
> Is there a way to print postscript (.ps) files on default (not
> necessarily a postscript) printer from windows CLI or using some kind
> of a spooler to watch over a certain directory?

Ok, I figured it out;

gsprint -ghostscript "path_to_gswin32c\gswin32c.exe" blah.ps

:)

--
Uspjesne regije, tvrtke, muskarci i zene znaju da je uvijek bolje biti
prvorazredna verzija sebe nego drugorazredna verzija nekog drugog.
0
Davorin
8/31/2005 12:17:46 PM
Davorin Vlahovic wrote:

> On 2005-08-31, Davorin Vlahovic <nrubA@ylf.krs.ref.rh> wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to print postscript (.ps) files on default (not
>>necessarily a postscript) printer from windows CLI or using some kind
>>of a spooler to watch over a certain directory?
>

> Ok, I figured it out;
>
> gsprint -ghostscript "path_to_gswin32c\gswin32c.exe" blah.ps

Good! Because this has nothing to do with Winsock programming.......

--
Phil Frisbie, Jr.
Hawk Software

Printing Postscript Files on Postscript Printers
Most (all?) of the time when I print a postscript file on a colour postscript printer, if I tell the printer driver to print black and white it normally ignores me and prints in colour anyway. I presume it is just printing the postscript file as is and ignoring my instructions, is there a way to get round it and force it to print black and white. (It will allow me to scale down to print several pages on one page). Printers concerned Xerox Phaser 8200 over USB (Postscript 3) Canon CLC 950 via Fiery XJ over network (Postscript 2) -- Timothy Should work if you are not using a...

PostScript Software for non-PostScript printer?
Hi everyone! I'm curious about PostScript software that I could install on my WinXPsp2 system. Anyone able to offer some suggestions? Thanks for being here! Stu "Stuarrt B. Henlis" <shenlis@earthlink.net> wrote in news:Mk5ce.593$V01.504@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net: > Hi everyone! > > I'm curious about PostScript software that I could install on my > WinXPsp2 system. Anyone able to offer some suggestions? > > Thanks for being here! > > Stu > > > Ghostscript. http://www.ghostscript.com/ In article <Mk5ce.593$V01...

CUPS: Non postscript printer as postscript devide
hi all i just set up a linux server in my network that uses cups to print to a brother hl-5030 printer connected via network, using lpd. recently i installed the same printer on mac os x 10.3, finally a task too complicated for a mac user -- to download the ghostscript interpreter, the ppds etc, to use the web interface... so i thought: it would be much easier if i could advertise the printer per ipp as a postscript printer via my linux server -- so i could just select it. but since my brother printer does not support postscript by default, the linux server would have to emulate that. to v...

convert postscript jop to non-postscript printer
How can I submit a postscript jop to an HP printer that support only PCL. Mine is 6L laserjst,Sol 8 x86. Thanks. On 17 Feb 2004 05:04:38 -0800, hpy_awad@yahoo.com wrote: > How can I submit a postscript jop to an HP printer that support only > PCL. Mine is 6L laserjst,Sol 8 x86. Thanks. Use ghostscript: http://faq.solaris-x86.org/6.html#6.4 Regards, Michael it is said in the FAQ use Ghostscript driver . Where can I install Ghostscript driver for HP LJ 6L. On 19 Feb 2004 07:36:16 -0800, hpy_awad@yahoo.com wrote: > it is said in the FAQ use Ghostscript driver . Where can I install...

Printing to a non Postscript 3 printer
I was considering buying a photocopier/printer (Ricoh Aficio 1224C) but it doesn't support Postscript 3 unless you buy an expensive add on board. Can the CUPS printing system on the mac convert the PS/PDF printing commands into the PCL5c, RPCS drawing commands? Thanks, Dale -- dstanbro@spam.o.matic.bigpond.net.au Dale Stanbrough wrote: > I was considering buying a photocopier/printer (Ricoh Aficio 1224C) > but it doesn't support Postscript 3 unless you buy an expensive add > on board. > > Can the CUPS printing system on the mac convert the PS/PDF printing > co...

ghost wont open all pages of postscript, want to try to just print it to postscript printer
I am trying to print or view then print post script files from http://vlsi.wpi.edu/mgh/ , but ghostview opens then when i get to a certain page it says there is an error and won't go on. distiller says im missing times fonts then when i got them it said it was missing belmont or something so it wont even create it. sln3.ps and 6-8 are the ones that dont work the others work i created a pdf file from them. I have been looking for a program that will open them completely so i can print them. so after alot of looking I am now trying to print them at work here there is a hp 4500, hp 4000, and ...

Can I print to non-Postscript printer from Quark 6?
Hi Can I print to non-Postscript printer from Quark 6? I have investigated the CUPS/Ghostscript options with no success. The printer in question is a Lexmark E320, non-postcript using Quark 6 on OS X. Any help would be appreciated. Graham you could use Acrobat (if you have Distiller). If you don't have it.... -- Mac Townsend, Adcom Graphics, Fairfield, California: Electronic Prepress & Large Format Imaging www.adcomgraphics.com In article <GaZcb.9670$CI7.7680@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com>, "mac" <mactno@spamadcomgraphics.com> wrote: > you could use Acrob...

Non postscript printers
I'm quite a Linux newbe so I'm appologising the following "dumb" question. I have a non-postscript Epson printer and want to print ps files. I've heard about filters. Is it possible to install a "filter" so that I can print ps files as usual with lp on my Epson printer? I have a red Hat Linux system. On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 20:35:47 +0200, Mats Norberg wrote: > I have a > non-postscript Epson printer and want to print ps files. I've heard > about filters. Is it possible to install a "filter" so that I can print > ps files as usual w...

HP Universal printer driver Postscript, old Postscript 2 printer and Acrobat 8
hello, I've installed the Universal printer driver Postscript, downloaded at http://www.hp.com/go/upd I've a problem with Adobe Acrobat 8 and two old printer with Postscript level 2 support (Laserjet 2200 and Color Laserjet 4500). Some document are not printed, and I got only a page which say I had send a postscript level 3 document to the printer. When I use the standard PS driver within Windows (and not the universal HP drivers), and I do File Print... Advanced option in Acrobat 8, I got "level 2 Postscript" in Poscript option. When I use the HP UPD PS driver , and I do...

Printing non-rasterized PostScript
I've been trying out CrossOver Office Standard with FrameMaker 7.0. It installed fine, and seems to work without any problems at all (aside from the fact that I can't use any postscript fonts). However, I can't seem to generate any worthwhile output. The postscript output always (a) wrecks half the fonts, and (b) rasterizes all the vector artwork, which is highly undesirable. I can probably work around the font-wrecking problem easily enough, but I can't seem to do anything about the rasterizing. It's my understanding that WinePS uses ghostscript to generate the p...

Printing to a non-default printer
Mainly I need help with the code required to write to a printer other than the default Windows printer. Also I could use help with the following related issue: I have an app that runs 24/7, keeping track of production. Every time a unit of production (a foam Block) is weighed on a scale, the app adds a record to an Access table containing all pertinent data. This app has been running pretty much flawlessly for over 6 years. I need to add the capability of printing a label with every scale hit. The PC that the app runs on also creates reports on a different printer throughout the day from v...

Non-Postscript printer on KDE ?
Hi, On FreeBSD 4.8, my /etc/printcap prints to an lpd network printer: a NetGear PS101 LAN print server, plugged into an HP Laserjet 5P. "ls | lpr" works OK. Now I've installed KDE, OpenOffice 1.1, Mozilla etc. When printing from these apps, I just get Postscript commands printed on the printer! I guess some kind of filter is needed to make KDE generate HP-PCL instead of Postscript - Ghostscript? I've tried a few Googles without success. Please could someone tell me the easiest way to make KDE print properly to a non-Postscript Laserjet? Many thanks -...

booklet printing on PostScript printers
I just bought a Brother HL-5150D laser printer. I set it up under CUPS using the PPD file from the installation disk. It prints double-sided pages fine if I select a duplex mode from the printing options dialog in KDE. However, on my Windows machines, the printing options dialog (using the same PPD file) not only offers me the ability to pring up to 16 pages per page (KDE only goes to 4 as it did on my non-PostScript inkjet printers), but it also offers the ability to lay out the pages for binding into booklets. Is there some way to get this functionality from CUPS and/or KDE? I understan...

Printing a postscript file with Win32::Printer
Hi all, upon discovering (to my horror) that Win32::Printer::Direct does not respect the configuration set in the Printers and Faxes dialogue (such as the source and output tray), I proceeded to look at using Win32::Printer do do the job. The method that seems most promising is the Inject method, which appears to let you inject raw postscript data into the job. I would like to inject contents of the file I have so that it's data is the only thing that gets sent to the printer. No matter what I have tried though, the page comes out blank. Has anyone managed to use Win32::Printer to prin...

Web resources about - printing postscript on default (non-postscript) printer - comp.win.tools.winsock