98se to 2000 pro error message - out of memory

hello all!!!

I'm in the process of upgrading my P3 box to 2000 from 98se.  After the
initial reboot, when it's time to check the c drive, I get an error:

not enough memory, or your 2000 setup disk has a corrupted file.

I figured out that it wasn't the disk.  So I added some memory to the
box, and still got that error message.

I booted up with a 98 bootdisk and started searching for files to
delete (temp, loose docs, etc.), but to tell the truth, I'm not quite
comfortable with that idea.  So now I'm at a point where I can't go
backward, and I'm afraid that I'm goin' to have to do something drastic
to go forward.

Is there any other altervative than just doing a clean install????
Don't want to loose those files or applications.

Thanks in Advance!!!!

0
SBlaise (3)
3/3/2005 7:09:42 AM
comp.windows.misc 3201 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

No need for response anyone, I've figured it out.  I have a disc that
has a trio of windows 2000 products, so it was hard for the "setup"
file to be found.  So in turn, it actually was my disk.

Smalls73

0
SBlaise (3)

Windows xp Pro cannot see Windows 2000 Pro
I have been trying to solve this problem for months! I have 4 PCs in a workgroup, 3 are Windows XP Pro and 1 is a Windows 2000 Pro. The Windows 2000 PC can see all of the Windows XP machines. It can copy files to them it can share the printer connected to one of them no issues. None of the Windows xp (2 are sp2 1 is sp1)can see the Windows 2000 PC. If I ping the 2000 PC I get back an Ip address, but it times out. I have double checked the Workgroup name. They all login as administrator same password. They can all get to the internet using the cable modem connected to one of the...

can either windows 2000 Pro or Windows Xp Pro handle different language user interfaces?
Hello, I want to install windows 2000 Pro or Windows XP Pro, but I need English and/or Italian, Spanish , Japanese user interfaces. Is this possible with either of these operating systems when bootins ? Can I choose in what language to boot ? Or Can I have a different language for each user created ? Please explain me what I need. Thanks, Mario I think there is a software tool from Microsoft, which can translate the dialogs. The system self will be english, but you can set all dialogs to another language. I know that this tool is available, but I'm not sure if it's from Microsoft or from a 3. party company. Hope this helps a little bit. Greets Stefan "Mario" <mandm@flashnet.it> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9ae829af.0308140910.333b88b1@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I want to install windows 2000 Pro or Windows XP Pro, but I need > English and/or Italian, Spanish , Japanese user interfaces. > > Is this possible with either of these operating systems when bootins ? > Can I choose in what language to boot ? Or Can I have a different > language for each user created ? > > Please explain me what I need. > > Thanks, > > Mario ...

WTB: LARGE QUANTITIES DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & WINDOWS 2000 PRO RESTORE PACKS
WTB: LARGE QUANTITIES DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & WINDOWS 2000 PRO RESTORE PACKS We are looking to buy large quantities of DELL WINDOWS XP PRO, WINDOWS 2000 PRO RESTORE PACKS.. Must include manual and restore media new sealed...or media itself sealed in white enevelope. Email buyonet@hotmail.com if you have these. Also buying the below... WE ARE ALSO BUYING MICROSOFT OFFICE, SERVER, WINDOWS & NT WORKSTATION SOFTWARE PACKAGES OEM & RETAIL We need to buy today quantities of MICROSOFT OFFICE, SERVER, WINDOWS & NT WORKSTATION SOFTWARE PACKAGES OEM & RETAIL.. Email us if you h...

odd error message, possible memory error
Hi, I am running some home-brewed code for simulated annealing. The code takes in an initial set of parameters, and then does repeated optimizations for a specified number of cycles. The code works to completion for one set of parameter values. However, for a second set of initial parameters I get the following error (running on linux): ??? Index exceeds matrix dimensions. Error in ==> neldmeadStep>Pstep at 111 pode = pval(1:dimp); Error in ==> neldmeadStep at 42 [pe,Ge] = Pstep(pr,pctr,tols.ce); %peprop = tols.ce*pr+(1-tols.ce)*pctr; The code runs fine for this second set of initial parameters when I set a small number of cycles. When I run the code on a windows installation, I get the error: ??? Index exceeds matrix dimensions. Error in ==> neldmeadStep>Pstep at 111 pode = pval(1:dimp); Error in ==> neldmeadStep at 42 [pe,Ge] = Pstep(pr,pctr,tols.ce); 1244E3A0eprop = tols.ce*pr+(1-tols.ce)*pctr; The 1244E3A0 suggests a memory error? At each iteration, the code adds on a row to an existing matrix. Thanks, Joe In article <fm0efe$9gf$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Joe T. <joetien@gmail.com> wrote: >Error in ==> neldmeadStep at 42 > [pe,Ge] = Pstep(pr,pctr,tols.ce); %peprop = >tols.ce*pr+(1-tols.ce)*pctr; >When I run the code on a windows installation, I get the error: >Error in ==> neldmeadStep at 42 > [pe,Ge] = Pstep(pr,pctr,tols.ce); 1244E3A0eprop = >tols.ce...

Windows error 126 loading a dll on windows 2000
Hi! I'm using ctypes with python 2.4 on windows xp the code if exists(join(getcwd(),'statistics.dll')): ....ap=windll.LoadLibrary(join(getcwd(),'statistics.dll')) works fine but on windows 2000, the some code raise the windows error 126, it can't load the module statistics.dll thanks in advance luis wrote: > Hi! > > I'm using ctypes with python 2.4 on windows xp > > the code > > if exists(join(getcwd(),'statistics.dll')): > ...ap=windll.LoadLibrary(join(getcwd(),'statistics.dll')) > > works fine > > ...

VB Error Messages # -2147417848 (Automation Error) & -2147024882 (Out of Memory)
Hi. Two clients are reporting this message at different points in our app. I didn't find much in the help or MSDN library. Everything I found online has nothing to do with what we are doing (e.g. connection w/ server and/or SQL stuff). Does anyone know what this is? Work around? The first on is on Win98 & the second is on WinXP Pro. Thanks. On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:14:39 -0700, Obadiah <pilgrimworker@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hi. Two clients are reporting this message at different points in our >app. I didn't find much in the help or MSDN library. Everything I >f...

Putty from Windows XP to Windows 2000 pro server
I've been using Putty telnet for some time (and very satisfactorily) to connect to a Solaris server. Now I'm trying to use it to connect to a Windows 2000 server. The character based application on the server uses tip files to control screen addressing - line draw chars, cursor movement, reverse type etc. - and to interpret function, delete, insert keys etc. However I can't find a combination of putty configuration setting and tip file which is entirely OK. On unix it's easy to trap function key sequences and modify tip files, but how do you do this on windows? I'd be grateful for help with this. ...

windows error message
I have been getting a pproblem where my computer displays the message - DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. This is accompanied by an error code and a statement that windows will close to protect the system from damage. This error seems to only come up following video capture. I am using Nvidia a personal cinema card. Has anyone ever had this problem before or any idea what might be the cause? Niv ...

memory error messages
I have a C55EE(G) ABC app (multi dll) in which I use an OLE control. I frequently get error messages about "cannot read memmory" and "memory feed twice". I suspect it is a "memory leak" caused by not properly shutting down the OLE control. I thus added the kill method to the close button on the form containing the OLE control. However I still get these messages on occassion. Is there any thing else I should be doing? Thanks ...

Memory Error Message
I have been getting an error message stating I do not have enough memory to save the drawing I am in. The file is fairly large probably 100 megs or so but the drive I am saving to has about 6 gigs left. I have also tried saving to another dive containing about 20 gigs and still get the same error. I am only having this problem with Corel Draw, I work with Illustrator and Photoshop without having this error message. Is anyone else having similar Problems with Corel Draw 11? Thanks "Lowell" <lowellknellmail@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3b493ffb.0406040845.57...

[News] Images: Windows ATM Goes Titsup, Absurd/Self-contradictory Error Messages in Windows
At least this one isn't out of order because of activation (false psitive piracy)... http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo06091944fe5.jpg Best Windows error message yet! ,----[ Quote ] | There was a problem with this installation. Windows Live | Messenger was not installed. `---- http://mintchocicecream.googlepages.com/catastrophicfailure One of Those Windows' World Dilemma ,----[ Quote ] | So what do you make out of the following window .... error or no | error !!!!!!! `---- http://linux.wordpress.com/2007/06/10/one-of-those-windows-world-dilemma/ Roy Schestowitz &...

DBIMPORT ERROR - IDS 2000 9.21 TC4-1
Help!!!! I have two Servers, with Windows 2000 Server SP1 & 2, and IDS 2000 9.21 TC4-1 in each server.. I did a dbexport from Server 1 and I tried to do a dbimport on Server 2. But It broke without error, It just broke down and no error appear. Have anyone had this problem? Is this is a BUG from this version on Windows 2000 Server??? I did this DBIMPORT on different Servers and allways I had this problem!!! Help me, please. TIA. PD: I'm going to do this exportation with ONLOAD AND ONUNLOAD Alejandro wrote: > Help!!!! > > I have two Servers, with Windows 2000 Server SP1 & 2, and IDS 2000 > 9.21 TC4-1 in each server.. > I did a dbexport from Server 1 and I tried to do a dbimport on Server > 2. > But It broke without error, It just broke down and no error appear. > > Have anyone had this problem? > > Is this is a BUG from this version on Windows 2000 Server??? > > I did this DBIMPORT on different Servers and allways I had this > problem!!! > > Help me, please. > > > TIA. > > PD: I'm going to do this exportation with ONLOAD AND ONUNLOAD Check the bottom of the dbimport.out file. Any error message there? Michael Check that the version you have is supported under w2k. Many releases of 9.x aren't. If it is, can you create an empty database from dbaccess? Andy alejandro@siu.edu.ar (Alejandro) wrote in message news:<cb3b6...

windows 2000 pro repaints explorer window repeatedly at random times sometimes very slowly, and scrolls to the top
For years this has happened in every version of windows I've used, and it can be very irritating. When it does it slowly it's extremely aggravating, but even if it's quick, if I'm about to open a file I've scrolled down to, and it repaints the window scrolled to the top again, I've got to scroll down hunting for the file again. Any way to make it STOP doing this? Thanks, Isaac ...

question about 'Unable to allocate memory: to make array error' message ( and I think there is enough memory)
Guys, I'm trying to run a process in which I fall into a 'unable to allocate memory' issue, but I think I have enough memory and for some reason IDL doesnt' know it. I run my process and request 60GB of RAM. I create first a fltarr(16000000,19,6) if my numbers are right that's ~6.8 GB of memory I then try to create another fltarr of (16000000,19,19) again, if my numbers are correct, that is ~21.5 GB, total of ~28GB. When I try to do that IDL sends a "% Unable to allocate memory: to make array." error. Below my code and the output from the process. Any ideas? Thanks JP pro test_memory_raijin compile_opt idl2 nan= !Values.F_NAN ; first make an array like the one is causing trouble print, 'at the very beggining:' & help, /memory x= fltarr(4000l*4000, 19, 6) print, 'after creating x:' & help, /memory ; now create another large array sizeX = size(X) y= fltarr(sizeX[1], sizeX[2], sizeX[2]) & y[*]=NaN print, 'after creating y:' & help, /memory ; get rid of y undefine, y & help, /memory ; now call medoid_2d y= medoid_2d(x) print, 'at the end:' & help, /memory end OUTPUT: IDL Version 8.2.1 (linux x86_64 m64). (c) 2012, Exelis Visual Information Solutions, Inc. Installation number: 237570. Licensed for use by: ANU Supercomputer Facility % Compiled module: TEST_MEMORY_RAIJIN. at the very beggi...

WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO Disks, DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & VISTA BUSINESS
WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO Disks, DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & VISTA BUSINESS - We are buying in large quantities We are wanting to buy large quantities of Dell Windows 7 Pro Disks. We are also looking to buy Dell Windows XP Pro and possibly some Vista Business as well. We also buy Microsoft, Dell, HP and other Office software packages 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012 all versions. We like to buy in quantity. We also buy the below. We buy old and new versions of Microsoft Office, Server, Windows & others. Adobe Acrobat 9 and X and others titles. Symantec Norton Antivirus, NIS and 360. We are emailing you because we are Looking to buy software from you in larger quantities. If you are looking to sell Quantities 10-20 or more email us! However we will buy Server packages in quantities of 1-3 or more. Email me directly at craig.softnet@gmail.com We buy old and new versions of Microsoft Office, Server, Windows & others. Adobe Acrobat 9 and X and others titles. Symantec Norton Antivirus, NIS and 360. I am looking to BUY large quantities of Microsoft Office PKC medialess license kits 2007, 2010, 2012 MICROSOFT WINDOWS 2000 PRO, WINDOWS XP PRO, VISTA, WINDOWS 7 SOFTWARE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012. XP, SBE, STANDARD AND PRO & OTHERS MICROSOFT SERVER 2003, 2008, 2010 Standard, Premium, Enterprise SQL & OTHER PACKAGES We BUY Microsoft, Corel, Adobe, Macromedia, Symantec, Veritas and others. Email directly: craig.soft...

[...]

Printing from Word 2000 on Windows 98 and Windows 2000
I have process that creates a Word document (Word 2000) and prints to the specified printer. When the process runs on Windows 98 (where it was developed), the report prints without errors. When I run the same process on a Windows 2000 machine (same process, same template), I get the error "The margins of section <n> are set outside the printable area of the page.". I have been through the knowledge base, but have been unsuccessful in finding any reference to this set of circumstances. The process is an automated invoicing process. The output that is created on the Windows 98 p...

(assert-error) tests errors and error messages
I wrote (assert-error) to make sure that a function generates an error, and verify the error message. What do you think? Below is the definition and a few test cases, for Emacs 22.1.50. (require 'cl) (defmacro assert-error (form &optional regexp) "FORM must signal an error. Signal an error otherwise. Additionally, the error message must match REGEXP. Case is ignored while matching REGEXP." (let ((msg (make-symbol "msg")) (ok (make-symbol "ok")) (res (make-symbol "res"))) `(let ((,ok nil)) (condition-case err ;; Evaluate FORM and save the result. (set ',res ,form) (error ;; This runs when FORM signals an error of any kind. (set ',ok t) (set ',msg (error-message-string err)))) (unless ,ok (error "Did not signal an error: %s (returned %s)" ',form ,res)) (when ,regexp ;; Here we know that FORM signaled an error, and that the ;; caller wants to check the error message. (unless (let ((case-fold-search t)) (string-match ,regexp ,msg)) (error "Error message does not match \"%s\": \"%s\"" ,regexp ,msg)))))) ;; Test assert-error, mostly by running it against itself. (assert-error (assert-error nil) "did not signal.*nil") (assert-error (assert-error t) "\\bt\\b") (as...

Open Error on Windows 2000
I'm trying to run a Clipper Summer '87 program on a Windows 2000 Server (SP4) machine but as soon as it attempts to open the 8th table and 10th index file, I get the open error (0) error. This happens immediately after the USE statement before the NETERR check. I've already modified CONFIG.NT to contain the FILES=255 line and the CLIPPER environment variable is already set to F150;V28;R32;E460;I100. I used TLINK instead of PLINK86 to compile the source to produce the executable. I don't know if this helps. Anyway, hope you guys can help me. Greatly appreciate it! Drop this...

out of memory error message #2
i am building 6 multidimensional arrays,each of them is a big 4 dimensional array with 1024 elements per dimension an'out of memory' error message appears to me. my processor is 3.4GHZ core2duo my ram is 3GB i increased virtual memory to be 15GB i checked the memory usage while running the code and found that the error message comes after only 2GB of memory have been used,meaning that there is still available space in computer memory i tried to preallocate the array size by creating an 'all zeros' array and then change its contents to save memory but in vain(also error message...

Windows 2000 Memory Leak
This code leaks about 4k per execution on Windows 2000. Anybody got any idea why? proc leak {} { destroy .t update idletasks toplevel .t update idletasks } set a "" set l {after cancel $a; leak; set a [after 1000 {eval $l}]} eval $l On Feb 1, 10:10 am, "alex....@gmail.com" <alex....@gmail.com> wrote: > This code leaks about 4k per execution on Windows 2000. Anybody got > any idea why? > What version of Tcl/Tk ? Is this the activetcl release, or something you built yourself? alex.e.c@gmail.com schrieb: > This code leaks about 4k per execution on Windows 2000. Anybody got > any idea why? > Tk cannot release all things back to the OS, (IIRC Tk_Uids or something like it are never released). But there may be something else going on, hard to say..., which version of Tcl/Tk are you using? Michael I'm on version 8.4. On Feb 1, 7:39 pm, Michael Schlenker <schl...@uni-oldenburg.de> wrote: > alex....@gmail.com schrieb:> This code leaks about 4k per execution on Windows 2000. Anybody got > > any idea why? > > Tk cannot release all things back to the OS, (IIRC Tk_Uids or something > like it are never released). But there may be something else going on, > hard to say..., which version of Tcl/Tk are you using? > > Michael I don't suppose you can elucidate on what else it doesn't return? On 2 feb, 16:58, "alex....@gmail.com" <alex....@gmail.com> wrote: > I'...

Error messages
My dad's computer is running Windows 95 and using American Online (7.0) as a browser. Internet explorer (version 5.5) is installed but not used for browsing. There was a bunch of infected files and I think all was cleaned. I had downloaded AVG virus software and ran it in DOS mode. However, there are a few error messages popping up and I am not sure how to get rid of them. I have listed them below (not in any particular order). iexplore.exe file is linked to missing export wininet.dll: InternetGetConnectedState Error loading iedkcs32.dll. A device attached to sy...

MIME in Windows 2000 pro?
Hi, excuse the Windows question, but MIME is our thing and it is a question of survival. Is there any program, that can associate applications with MIME types? In Windows 95 and 98, this functionality was part of the Filetypes menu. In Windows 2000 pro and better MIME is kicked out of userland. Can somebody shed some light on this, why Microsoft did this? What was and still is Microsofts strategy? MIME still exists in the registry and in players setup routines. There is no usable knowledge base article at www.microsoft.com. There seems to be a secret general non disclosure agreement. The more or less Windows gurus asked had never heard of MIME. What do they do without MIME? Maybe it is a different view on things. What do they do with broken MIME settings? They reinstall? Best, H. No, we cannot "excuse the Windows question". We've seen too many "hi, just a quick A+/Cisco/Microsoft/whatever question"-type questions. You need to learn to post this question in a Microsoft newsgroup, not here. CS "Heiko Recktenwald" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:t8305c.u8.ln@localhost.alleswirdgruen.er... > Hi, excuse the Windows question, but MIME is our thing and it is > a question of survival. Is there any program, that can associate > applications with MIME types? > > In Windows 95 and 98, this functionality was part of the > Filetypes menu. In Windows 2000 pro and better MIME i...

Stupid Windows error message
Seen recently on a friend's PC: "The Generic USB Hub has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of its hub port. You should disconnect the device." Sounds reasonable? Not really, because the "device" is soldered to the motherboard. Even funnier - there were no USB devices plugged in to that hub at all, or anywhere else on the system. The best suggestion turned up by some casual research, suggests he needed to install the motherboard chipset drivers (including USB). Problem is, they were already installed. Windows is retarded. -- K. http://slated.org ..---- | "What's the point of supporting a large, faceless corporation that | doesn't give you the good service you should get? We have MS for | that..." ~ DFS, http://tinyurl.com/doofy-admits-truth-about-ms `---- Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5 21:31:33 up 2 days, 7:53, 4 users, load average: 0.07, 0.04, 0.01 On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 21:31:54 +0000, Homer <usenet@slated.org> wrote: >Seen recently on a friend's PC: >"The Generic USB Hub has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of >its hub port. You should disconnect the device." >Sounds reasonable? >Not really, because the "device" is soldered to the motherboard. Even >funnier - there were no USB devices plugged in to that hub at all, or >anywhere else on the system. >The best suggestion turned up by some casual research, suggests ...

Web resources about - 98se to 2000 pro error message - out of memory - comp.windows.misc

Message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A message is a discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients. A message may ...

How a Perth SAS soldier’s spiritual message from beyond the grave changed lives - PerthNow Search Search ...
SOMETHING was telling Charlotte she had to go. She didn’t want to. She never left her cousin’s farm in the northwest of NSW before enjoying a ...

Barack Obama brings message of change to Cuba, meeting with Raul Castro
Brushing off decades of distrust, U.S. President Barack Obama and Cuban President Raul Castro shake hands in Havana's Palace of the Revolution, ...

OS X 10.11.4 is now available, Mac gains Live Photos on Messages + secure Notes & more
Apple has officially released the OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan update through the Mac App Store. The software update is available for all Macs capable ...

WhatsApp testing text formatting to include bold and italics in messages
The latest beta release of WhatsApp features some basic text formatting options including bold and italics. While features in beta versions of ...

The Fed's Hidden Message
Officials are strangely OK with low inflation. The U.S. Federal Reserve's latest economic projections contain an encoded message crucial to understanding ...

How 'deceptive' sponsored news articles could be tricking readers — even with a disclosure message
Most online publishers use some form of native advertising — ads that look like news stories — to grow revenue. It is accepted practice to declare ...

WATCH: Tom Izzo’s Emotional Message To Denzel Valentine After Michigan State’s Shocking Loss
"We just got beat," Izzo managed to croak out after a 90-81 loss to No. 15 seed Middle Tennessee State on Friday ended their pursuit far sooner ...

Foxx parlays personal story, message of change to big win
Chicago Tribune Foxx parlays personal story, message of change to big win Chicago Tribune Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez and challengers ...

What’s Taking So Long With that Email? Google Adds Smart Reply To Messages
Not sure how to reply to that email about your upcoming class reunion from Karen? Don’t worry your pretty little head, Google has apparently ...