Can't Boot Up - Missing NTSDAPI.dll file - lsass.exe can't start

Hello,

Someone please help me!  I re-booted my computer last night after it
hung up, and now it won't start up at all.  I'm on Windows XP Home
Media Center edition.  The message I get after the windows screen is:

"lsass.exe can't start...file NTSDAPI.dll missing..."

After I click ok throught this message box...nothing.  Just a black
screen, although my wireless mouse functions fine - I can move my
pointer about.

Any pointers to get me started on figuring this out would be
apprciated, it doesn't have to be a step by stop solution.

Thanks!!
Anthony
comp.windows.misc 3202 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Anthony wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Someone please help me!  I re-booted my computer last night after it
> hung up, and now it won't start up at all.  I'm on Windows XP Home
> Media Center edition.  The message I get after the windows screen is:
>
> "lsass.exe can't start...file NTSDAPI.dll missing..."
>
> After I click ok throught this message box...nothing.  Just a black
> screen, although my wireless mouse functions fine - I can move my
> pointer about.
>
> Any pointers to get me started on figuring this out would be
> apprciated, it doesn't have to be a step by stop solution.
>
> Thanks!!
> Anthony
First, search your hard drive for copies of the file. Leave the search
results open, if any are found.
Next, use the Start->Run menu to execute regedit and search for the same
filename; note any path information connected with it. Repeat the search
  until it is no longer found. If it was found, compare the paths found
with the location(s) of the file.
If the paths in regedit do not match the paths in the file search, view
the file details to see which is the newest, and copy the file to where
regedit says it should be (don't move the file - click and drag with the
right mouse button to copy).
If you have no copies on your drive, search the web or the install disks
for the mouse.
0
Rick

config.sys corrupted; can't fix; can't start windows 2000
The computer attempts to open windows 2000 pro and gets hung up with the message that winn config.sus is corrupted. I tried booting from the win 2000 cd-rom and then creating floppy boot disks. The computer won't recognize or run off of these. Rename the Config.sys file in the root directly to ConfigOLD.sys. See if the machine will boot without it for now. Any release of NT should be able to. If you work out for sure that the Config.sys file is faulty, you can go in with your text editor, and troubleshoot it. You will need the base knowledge to work in this file. Jerry G. ======== ...

PC freezes on start up, can't restore, can't install
Help! Just to clarify what we have so far; We have a eMachines P4 2.2ghz 80gb hd 256mb ram 64mb graps. Running xp sp1 we have a multimedia keyboard On start up the pc had been flashing up a "hotkey keyboard" icon in the menu bar at the bottom of the desktop, it went away almost immediately and carried on booting up, recently it was staying there and freezing the pc, we unplugged the speakers and the games pad and it seemed to do the job, it worked ok for about 6 weeks, then the icon stayed on...freezing the pc and making the monitor black out! We could manually switch the pc off by holding the button in, rebooting and on the second time of asking the pc would boot up ok! a week ago it would freeze and not continue no matter how many time we re-booted. So what have we done about it.... I have started in safe mode and disabled ALL of the start up programs in MSCONFIG including hotkey.exe. I have tried a standard Dell KBD not multimedia and a USB mouse, after hearing they both use c:\windows\system32\drivers\i8042prt.sys driver! (KBD using KBDCLASS) (mouse using MOUCLASS) drivers separately, using the USB mouse forced the pc to use another driver for the mouse. Yesterday I tried to change "input lacales" in control panel, but it doesn't give me the option? So I uninstalled the KBD driver from add remove progs and control panel completely with no success either. I can't get onto Msoft web site for up to date drivers for the MM KBD we're using s...

Windows "routing" server separating two subnets
Gurus, I have a small lab with a bunch of servers setup on two different subnets, 192.168.1.1 is the gateway for one and 172.16.1.1 is the gateway for the other. Installed on my Router (Windows Server with three NICs - I know, please don't comment on this, it's is for learning purposes, not production), the third NIC is the gateway to the Internet. What works: The Router server can reach the Internet as well as the computers in the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet (the first subnet built). What's broken: The computers on the 172.16.1.0/16 subnet cannot get to the Inter...

squid can't start, can't bind to port
I have a CentOS 5.2 server that for several weeks has been running squid on port 9765 with no problem (only accepting requests from certain external IPs). Some time yesterday it stopped working, and attempts to start squid now say only: [root@hostname28043 squid]# service squid start Starting squid: .................... [FAILED] The last lines of the cache.log file (whose dates correspond to the last time I attempted to start squid) say: 2009/02/10 03:48:20| Starting Squid Cache version 2.6.STABLE6 for i686- redhat-li nux-gnu... 2009/02/10 03:48:20| Process ID 3306 20...

[News] Breaking Evil Myths: Linux Users Can't Play; Can't Run Windows Applications
Because penguins need to play too. ,----[ Quote ] | The Windows camp have a lot of great games to play and a popular | misconception is that Linux is lacking in games. That is not true. | There are literally thousands of games for Linux. In fact a lot of | them have been ported to Windows too. | | [...] | | There are both free and commercial games available. Some of the best | ones I really like are America's Army, Tremulous and Enemy Territory. `---- http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/linux/locutus/archives/because-penguins-need-to-play-too-14767 Run Windows Apps on Linux using 2X ApplicationServer ,----[ Quote ] | 2X ApplicationServer is a useful solution for those who still need access | to some Windows only apps, but prefer to work in Linux. `---- http://linuxappfinder.com/blog/run_windows_apps_on_linux_using_2x_applicationserver Related: LinuxGamePublishing announces X3: Reunion ,----[ Quote ] | The announcement was made during LinuxGames.coms' latest(7th) | podcast, and said to be about 80% completed. `---- http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1914 TO: Crossfire 1.5 released ,----[ Quote ] | Inspired by TacticalOps, TO: Crossfire is a game based on Epic's | awardwinning UnrealEngine and throws you into the life-and-death | world of counterterrorism. `---- http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1913 Supergamer LiveDVD - Gaming on Linux hits new levels ,----[ Quote ] | SuperGamer is a modified version...

Can't cd , can't use wildcard
Hi , I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid directory". Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all.. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks Arun On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Hi , > > I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whene...

Maple9 Can't run, can't re-install
-I installed the maple-9 on laptop without any problem. But when I run it, nothing happens. -I tried to uninstall it with start->settings->control panel->add/remove program->maple9, the "add/remove program" freeze (for long--------). All other programs still work at that time (computer is not froozen). -I tried to shut down the computer, it needs to 'end' the 'un-installation' -I tried to re-install the maple9 from the original CD, nothing happens. -With 'autorun', it runs a few seconds and nothing happens. -Tried to installed it ...

why search engines don't or can't index all parts of a file when it's of large size?
why search engines don't or can't index all parts of a file when it's of large size? entrepreneur schrieb: > why search engines don't or can't index all parts of a file when it's > of large size? A search engine cannot distinguish between files that are stored physically on a webserver and answers that are generated on the fly, like by scripts. It's a simple exercise to generate a cgi script that generates a list of some million random words, even non-stop-words. So the programmers of a search engine must apply different strategies to handle fake documents. Such strategies might be - index only the first n megabytes of a document - index only documents with a ranking higher then m. - index only documents from websites that seem to honest. Of course, the search engine engineers won't hand out their junk fighting strategies, these are business secrets. Regards, Joachim > A search engine cannot distinguish between files that are stored > physically on a webserver and answers that are generated on the > fly, like by scripts. > > It's a simple exercise to generate a cgi script > that generates a list of some million random words, > even non-stop-words. > > So the programmers of a search engine must apply > different strategies to handle fake documents. > Such strategies might be > - index only the first n megabytes of a document > -...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess. And I guess Ben chose not to print some more to pay for it. On Aug 24, 11:17=A0pm, Del Cecchi <delcec...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > > > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > > have on the Internet now. > > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > > Robert. > > I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. =A0If you are talking about the > death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. > They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on > the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess= .. > > And I guess Ben chose not to print some mor...

Can't Use OnCurrent Event / Can't Find Macro
I have run into a sudden problem and thought I'd see if anyone else has ran into this. Out of nowhere (sort-of) I am not able to access the OnCurrent event on a subform. I, of course, can write code for the event, but [Event Procedure] under OnCurrent does not show up on the properties of the subform, and the event does not fire. When this problem happened, it seems to have also generated an error while changing records in the Main Form. The error is "...can't find the macro ".". At least I think their related...both started at the same time. I have never used a macro in my life. When I say "sort-of" above, the only thing I can think that I may have done is this: When quickly "ALT-TAB'ing" between my form and the VB editor, I *think* I accidently deleted the words [Event Procedure] out of the said OnCurrent event. Although, I'm quite sure I have done this in the past, and was able to just re-initiate the event, and move on. Now, when I try to re-initiate the event (by clicking the "..." symbol next to the event) it brings up the EXPRESSION BUILDER! Not the Choose Builder request like it should. I have tried everything short of re-creating the form completely (compact/repair, export form - c/r - import form, ext...) Anybody ever see this? You should be able to just type in [Event Procedure] in the event slot and it will begin working. Rational Repairs wrote: >I have run into a sudden problem and thought ...

CORRECTION : Can't connect to Xserver SHOULD BE Can't connect to XVNCserver

Need Advice: Can't get crashed HD to boot as slave so I can see if any files can be recovered.
80 gig WD HD crashed on E macnine. Drive had 6 partitions. Tried recovery software x4 which fully installed but boot up stops and I always get "disk read error". Talked with e machine tech in live chat, we retried recovery disks, chkdsk said there was 1 partition and we both suspect a trashed MBR which we failed to recover. I don't want to format the drive because I have many files I want to recover if possible, the most important are health information files concerning leukemia. Purchased a WD 120 gig HD and installed XP with recovery discs. Computer is up and runn...

Palm can't find com port to synch. I can't either.
Hi. I just got a palm IIIxe. It has a serial connection. When I try to synch, it can't find the computer, and it gave an error message about the com port being busy or not available. I opened the hotsynch on the laptop, and it only showed com 3 Com 1 seemed missing. Is there a way to see what com 1 is being used for? And are com ports numbered 1 and 3? Thanks Jim I wish you luck in getting this "ancient" palm device to work with XP's interpretation of Com ports. Yes there is com 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. You may want to search Microsoft's web site for inform...

Can't figure out why this GPX-file doesn't validate...

python33, windows, UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode characters in position, to print out the file contents to stdout,
I run python33 scrupt SVtxt.py from Windows command line I want to print out the file contents to stdout.=20 File contents: "Vi kan inte l=E4ngre underordna den vinster..." Python script sentences i have tries to use: f=3Dopen('C:\Python33\Scripts\lang\langu\svtxt.txt','r') linef=3Df.readlines() f.close() print(linef)#gives error print(linef).decode("utf-8","ignore")#gives error ERROR: c:\Python33\Scripts\lang\langu>python SVtxt.py Traceback (most recent call last): File "SVtxt.py", line 8, in <module> pr...

Can't load DLL '48'
So, I have a form with a simple search command amongst my data. I recently added it because one of my user was complaining about some minor problems with the original search command of windows (CTRL+F). The code is excessively simple, I used a textbox to enter a number for a record, and a button who execute the research. There is no code associated with the textbox (I use a mask for the formatting) and there is a code associated with the click on the button, here is a copy of the code: Private Sub rechercher2_Click() Dim recs As Object Set recs = Me.Recordset recs.FindFirst "[noDossier] = '" & Me![Texte31] & "'" Me.Bookmark = recs.Bookmark End Sub The code works wonder and without problems on my system (win2k, 833mhz), however, on the computer of one of my beta tester, when I click on the button I get an error windows saying approx (not exact because I use a french version of windows and office): Execution error '48': Error while loading DLL The system where the error occurs is also running win2k and is on a 833mhz, I tried running it on his station and using my administrator rights, but it didn't change a thing. I also tried to alter the code but the problem persist. Help? There is something amiss with the setup of the users computer. what verion of office is on the machine - try re-installing it and making sure s/he has the latest service packs installed. the good news is your code ...

can't open 'm file'
when i open 'file-> new-> m-file' this message.... 'Failed to open editor. Load of Java classes failed.' what is it? what is wrong with my computer~~ ninaki wrote: > when i open 'file-> new-> m-file' > > this message.... > > 'Failed to open editor. Load of Java classes failed.' > > what is it? what is wrong with my computer~~ I'm going to assume you're using some version of Windows. I know this is trite, but have you tried exiting MATLAB, restarting Windows, and then restarting MATLAB? Bob Pownall i did it.. ...

Wine-20050830: Can't find DLL 'x' needed by 'y', error=2
Obviously, Wine-20050830 is much, much different from earlier versions in that it does not even seem to consider a '.wine/config' file. And, it would seem, there's a problem or misunderstanding about locating DLLs. When I try to start 16-bit "Delphi.exe," I get an error: Could not load 'BIVBX11.DLL' required by 'DELPHI', error=2 A more detailed trace shows: [snip!] trace:module:LdrGetDllHandle 0 0 L"OLE32.DLL" -> 0x7f550000 trace:module:load_dll looking for L"ole32.dll" in L"C:\\delphi\\bin;.;c:\\windows\\syste...

Forget "Why Can't Johnny Read?" ... Why Can't Eudora Read?
I have a script which writes a MIME-formatted email containing both text and HTML. It works perfectly with all email clients with the exception of the free version of Eudora. As many of you no doubt are aware, a multipart/alternative email is constructed with two or more parts: (1) text for mail clients unable to read HTML and (2) HTML. Eudora is one of the clients which cannot read HTML. So does it read the text version of the multipart/alternative email? Of course not. It tries to read the 2nd part which is the HTML and fails ... thus displaying a table as if it were text. Eudora liter...

Can't log in (can't type) on console on Solaris 10 on Ultra 10
Hello, I've installed Solaris 10 on an Ultra 10. Unfortunately I cannot log in on console and I'm looking for some advice. I can log in over the net. I installed the machine using console so I know that works fine. After booting up, I can not type anything on console, though console messages, e.g. su, are printed on the screen. The only error message is "Console login service(s) cannot run". I've googled a lot on this and found only one really relevent item here: http://blog.sun.com/roller/page/lianep/Weblog/20050204. svcs states the service is not running (as if I didn't know): # svcs -x svc:/system/console-login:default (Console login) State: offline since Thu Feb 24 15:05:08 2005 Reason: Unknown. See: http://sun.com/msg/SMF-8000-AR See: ttymon(1M) Impact: This service is not running. http://sun.com/msg/SMF-8000-AR has a meaningless explanation and no fix. I've tried restarting the service without any good effect: # svcadm -v enable svc:/system/console-login svc:/system/console-login:default enabled. I've enabled "milestone all". A reboot doesn't fix it. I can't see any dependencies that are not running: # svcs -d svc:/system/console-login STATE STIME FMRI online 14:56:20 svc:/system/identity:node online 14:56:21 svc:/system/filesystem/minimal:default online 14:56:27 svc:/milestone/sysconfig:default online 14:56:28 svc:/system/utmp:default Does anyon...

can't run a built application because it can't find Run-Time engine
Let's start at the begining.... everything was working fine, and then I started getting an&nbsp;error 2 (memory is full) while compiling any application.&nbsp; I couldn't resolve the issue but the same applications would compile on another machine, so I uninstalled every National Instrument software from Control Panel (add remove programs), and deleted the c:\Program Files\National Instruments directory.&nbsp; I then reinstall the Labview 8.0 Prof Dev system,&nbsp; and performed the labview 8.0.1 upgrade.&nbsp; I can now open and compile applications,&nbsp; but now when I try to run one of the compiled applications it says it can't find the labview 8.0 or compatible run-time engine....&nbsp; I tried to install the runtime engine, and I get an error message saying a higher version is already installed so it won't install.... when I go to control panel the runtime engine 7.0 and 7.1.1&nbsp; show up , but Runtime 8.0 or 8.0.1 do not....&nbsp;&nbsp; I installed runtime 8.2.1 to see if it would show up in the control panel 'add remove programs) and it does not ..... &nbsp; help! &nbsp; thanks Mike Mike, &nbsp; This knowledgebase may help you <a href="http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6E8D84E9464AE33862571FB007085B2" target="_blank">http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/E6E8D84E9464AE33862571FB007085B2</a> &nbsp; Regards Ray Farmer ...

Can't see all of the queries when merging to MS Word and can't get to reports
I'm working with a database developed by an untrained person over several years - and on a network that has recently been upgraded with a new server installed and MS office upgraded from 2K (I think - it might have been XP) to 2003. The database is impressive, both in what it does and the obtuse and inconsistent ways it works. There are several hundred queries, for example, with no indication of where they are used or if they are in fact necessary at all... The database is for the local Hospice service, and their entire operation is based on it - from patient records to donations. The database was developed in Access 2K and has not been converted, so it's being opened as an Access 2000 database in Access 2003. I tried converting to 2003, and didn't see any change in the bothersome behavior. There are several letters in MS Word that use the database as the source data for mail merges. Until the conversion, everything worked fine, but with the conversion, it became necessary to specify new locations for the source data for the merges. In MS Word 2003, when I try to open a new datasource, I can specify the MS Access database, but the format of the dialog box is significantly different than I am used to. I am presented with a list of "Views" and tables, with the Views apparently corresponding to the queries in the database. The difficulty is that, unlike in Access 2K, I don't seem to be seeing any query that contain parameters - at least I thin...

SGI Fuel won't boot, can't access PROM
I'm having a serious problem booting an SGI Fuel. I believe it is running IRIX 6.5 and the PROM is version 6.144. The system was working but no one knew the root password. Of course I tried getting into single user mode by typing 'single' at the PROM console which started a boot then the screen went blank and the system became nonresponsive. I tried using 2 different overlay installation CD's (can't find original OS) to boot but both appear to lock up the graphics after copying files to the harddrive (before any menus even come up). I've tried connecting a null-modem cable to COM1 from an XP PC running hyperterminal (9600 8-N-1) but have never been able to get any output to the terminal. I've tried with and without the keyboard and mouse plugged into the Fuel. In an attempt to get this working I was playing with environment variable in the PROM and may have changed something that's caused my current situation. I set the following: console=d AutoBoot=No When the Fuel is turned on, the 3 lights on the keyboard flash as normal; the LED on the case flashed white for a bit then goes solid white (normal I think); but the monitor never turns on! Usually the monitor would come on maybe 10 seconds after the flashing keyboard lights, just in time to see the graphical display prompting to enter Maintenance Mode. If I press the power button on the Fuel at this point it shuts down immediately. The last thing I did in the PROM console was run ...

Branch can't get to internet, can't ping anything but ethernet at main site.
Ok, What am i missing? I've got a new MPLS connection up and running. I can ping the branch site from my main site just fine. I can not ping ANYTHING past the main site ethernet port via the branch router. Can someone please help me out!!! Heres so configs Main: interface FastEthernet0/0 description $ETH-SW-LAUNCH$$INTF-INFO-FE 0/0$$ETH-LAN$ ip address 192.168.1.251 255.255.255.0 duplex auto speed auto ! interface Serial0/0/0 ip address 63.239.127.226 255.255.255.252 ip access-group 189 in service-module t1 timeslots 1-12 ! router rip version 2 passive-interface FastEthernet0/0 passive-interface Serial0/0/0 network 63.0.0.0 network 192.168.1.0 neighbor 192.168.2.0 no auto-summary ! ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.250 ip route 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 63.239.127.225 ! Branch router: ! interface Serial0 ip address 72.165.109.6 255.255.255.252 ip helper-address 192.168.1.205 no ip directed-broadcast fair-queue 64 256 0 service-module t1 timeslots 1-6 no cdp enable ! interface FastEthernet0 description connected to LAN ip address 192.168.2.254 255.255.255.0 no ip directed-broadcast full-duplex no cdp enable ! router rip version 2 network 192.168.2.0 neighbor 192.168.1.0 ! ip classless ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 Serial0 no ip http server ! no cdp run td ha escrito: > Ok, > What am i missing? > I've got a new MPLS connection up and running. > I can ping the branch site from my main site just fine. > I can no...

What causes the 'can't map file' error?
I'm porting open source for Linux to Mac OS X. I think I generated every .a or .lib but the final link gives an error message. /usr/bin/ld: can't map file: /Users/smcho/Desktop/OpenAccess/lib/mac_osx_32/opt ((os/kern) invalid argument) What might be wrong? ...

Web resources about - Can't Boot Up - Missing NTSDAPI.dll file - lsass.exe can't start - comp.windows.misc