Computer Management (My Computer=>Manage)

Access Denied!

Yup, you read that right. Local Administrator, Domain Administrator,
etc;. All denied access to computer management and other MMC's located
within the Administrative Tools panel.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
0
paulbard (2)
10/11/2004 3:44:24 AM
comp.windows.misc 3202 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Managing your manager
Has anyone had any success with explaining how first slowing down the process can actually speed up the production in the long term? Toby Dunn > From: toby dunn > Has anyone had any success with explaining how first slowing down the > process can actually speed up the production in the long term? Philip B. Crosby, he of Zero Defects fame: http://www.philipcrosby.com/ 222. Never put development people in charge of production. They get too used to changing things whenever they feel it's necessary. quoted in: http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0501D&L=sas-l&P=R33943 from my mutual fund: Slow and steady wins the race http://www.arielcapital.com/ There has to be a balance. Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov I cite other authors on Quality in this paper: Coder's Corner Journeyman's Tools: The Writing for Reading and Reuse Program Header http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/067-30.pdf Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM wrote: >Has anyone had any success with explaining how first slowing down the >process can actually speed up the production in the long term? I asked Dogbert, and after he made fun of me for asking such a question, he suggested: What's you manager's (current) favorite pop managerial guru? Pick up any book by said guru and find some quote which can be distorted to support your point of view. Then pretend ...

Computer Geeks Rejoice: Resize Windows 2003 Server with EASEUS Partition Manager Server Edition
CHENGDU, China, Sept. 26, 2008 (SEND2PRESS NEWSWIRE) -- EASEUS announces the release of its server version of Partition Manager V. 2.0. Partition Magic came first, but this new upgrade now supports: Windows 2000 Server SP4; Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4; Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition; Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition; Windows Server 2003 x64 Standard Edition; and Windows Server 2003 x64 Enterprise Edition. *(LOGO 72dpi: Send2Press.com/mediaboom/pending1.jpg) Partition Manager Server Edition, attractive price US$149.00, works on server and non-server systems includ...

Case Solution for GT Nexus: Leader in Cloud Computing Supply Chain Management by Ali Farhoomand, Davide Lentini
Case Solution & Analysis for GT Nexus: Leader in Cloud Computing Supply Chain Management by Ali Farhoomand, Davide Lentini is available at best price. Contact us at buycasesolutions (AT) gmail (dot) com To get Case Solution for GT Nexus contact us at BUYCASESOLUTIONS (AT) GMAIL (DOT) COM Note: If you need any other Case Solutions of any publisher please send us an email.We can help you to get it. ...

Case Solution for GT Nexus: Leader in Cloud Computing Supply Chain Management by Ali Farhoomand, Davide Lentini
Case Solution & Analysis for GT Nexus: Leader in Cloud Computing Supply Chain Management by Ali Farhoomand, Davide Lentini is available at best price. Contact us at buycasesolutions (AT) gmail (dot) com To get Case Solution for GT Nexus contact us at BUYCASESOLUTIONS (AT) GMAIL (DOT) COM Note: If you need any other Case Solutions of any publisher please send us an email.We can help you to get it. ...

Management of computer programmers
I am looking to get into management and would like to know how can the latest generation of computer programmers be best managed? Can you give me some reference sites and links on the net? Thank you ...

Management of Enterprise Computing
I have been tasked to create a system for managing enterprise computing in our company. This would involve managing hundreds of computers running our proprietary software, keeping an eye for trouble, starting/restarting things, performing remote actions conditionally based on success of other actions, etc. All should be configurable and accept human input, etc. We are going to use 'perl' for this and I would like to know what relevant perl modules could you recommend, for managing a lot of computers at once, watching for stuff, etc. The enterprise is a mixture of mostly XP and Linux...

icon manager for openbox (or other modern window manager)
I'm looking for an "icon manager" functionality for the openbox (or similar) x11 window manager. For those who may not be familar with this possibly archaic concept, icon managers (as in twm) is a set of of "boxes" that contains lists of the iconized windows. A windowd is assigned to a specific specfic icon mamager according to the WM_CLASS property of the wndow, and will display the WM_ICON_NAME to distinguish from other icons. For example, WM_ICON_NAME(STRING) = "myxterm@mymachine" WM_CLASS(STRING) = "xterm", "XTerm" ...

Computer to Computer chat
Hello, I have just started understanding WinSock and I'm wondering how to make a program talk to another computer through the internet? I have the other's IP address, though both computers are on networks (I couldn't seem to get any example codes to work with my computer, I think it was because of the router...) I know the port that I will be talking through and listening on. I just want this program to send simple messages that will be understood on the other side. i.e let p! = program 1 let P2 = program 2 P1 -> P2: msg = TALK P2 -> P1: msg = CONFIRM P1 -> P2...

Re: Managing your manager
> From: toby dunn > Has anyone had any success with explaining how first slowing down the > process can actually speed up the production in the long term? Philip B. Crosby, he of Zero Defects fame: http://www.philipcrosby.com/ 222. Never put development people in charge of production. They get too used to changing things whenever they feel it's necessary. quoted in: http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0501D&L=sas-l&P=R33943 from my mutual fund: Slow and steady wins the race http://www.arielcapital.com/ There has to be a balance. Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov I cite other authors on Quality in this paper: Coder's Corner Journeyman's Tools: The Writing for Reading and Reuse Program Header http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/067-30.pdf Ron Fehd the macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov ...

Openview Manager of Manager
Hi there, Reg. Openview Operations 7.1x I try to setup a Manager of Manager connections between two OVO-Managementserver. My problem is, that I have no idea howto start with this. Can so give me little advice howto start. Which protocol is needed? Which ports must be opened, ... how to configure on the Management Server. Thanks for any kind of advice, Steven ...

Manager, Requiements Management
Manager, Requirements Management Salary: 110k to 125k base plus bonus etc.. Job Category: Information Technology Job Type: Full-Time Employment Type: Permanent Work Hours/ Week: 37.5 People Manager: Yes Location: ON - Toronto - Downtown Position Purpose: -Partners across IT, GTO and with assigned business lines to provide Business Analysis leadership. -Responsible for establishing, maintaining and enhancing a Centre of Excellence (CoE) that determines the overall principles, strategy, processes and methodology for Requirements Management. - Under the leadership of this individual the COE team will be responsible for analyzing, recommending, documenting, institutionalizing business requirements management best practices for Business Analysis across the IT Applications platforms. This individual will work closely with the Business architects, Technology architects, and QA COE to ensure a comprehensive end to end requirements management methodology. The COE will train provide coaching and mentoring to over 290 Business Systems Analysts across IT Applications on the requirements management process to improve on effective communications between IT and clients; and for communicating client requirements to project team Interfaces with standards group within Architecture and Application Services Group. Also responsible for assessing, selecting and maintaining the Enterprise requirement management tools, such as Req Pro, MKS, etc. All responsibiliti...

Working on Linux computer from Windows XP computer through X
Hello to all of You, I was hoping You might give some tips about a program to run on Windows (XP is most important, when 98 SE is possible that is a plus) which would allow me to work on a Linux (Gutsy Gibbon) computer over the network by means of the X11 protocol. On http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_Window_System I have found several programs that will allow one to do that but I am not capable of judging their quality and reliability being very unexperienced when it comes to Linux related things (but I learn). The first one I found is X-Win32 but that is both proprietary and no...

Computer to Computer chat
Hello, I have just started understanding WinSock and I'm wondering how to make a program talk to another computer through the internet? I have the other's IP address, though both computers are on networks (I couldn't seem to get any example codes to work with my computer, I think it was because of the router...) I know the port that I will be talking through and listening on. I just want this program to send simple messages that will be understood on the other side. i.e let p! = program 1 let P2 = program 2 P1 -> P2: msg = TALK P2 -> P1: msg = CONFIRM P1 -> P2...

X-Windows window manager
Is there any X-Windows window manager (simmilar to Gnome or KDE) implemented in Smalltalk? Thanks for any directions. Vlastik Vlastimil Adamovsky wrote: > > Is there any X-Windows window manager (simmilar to Gnome or KDE) implemented > in Smalltalk? > > Thanks for any directions. > There is a X Windows system server: http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/33383357-4e8b-4dcb-8d54-c5905a299e36 Karl ...

Risk Management in a SaaS / Cloud Computing Context
I am looking for pointers to documentation that describe a comprehensive risk management model for SaaS (Software as a Service) and cloud computing environment. Areas of interest include, but is not limited to, security, privacy, business continuity and compliance. Thanks in advance. ...

Project Management in Computer Software (September 2006).
Project Management in Computer Software (September 2006). Procedures and Guidelines for Project Management,What is Project Management?,Project Management Processes,Project Planning Tutorial,Ten Tips for Managing a Project,Related Project Management Articles & Resources http://flying-rugs.com/project-management/ ...

Copy location manager settings to another computer
All, I have many laptop computers to set-up that all have the same locations that need to be set-up. I found this file, /private/var/db/SystemConfiguration/preferences.xml It looks like it contains all the necessary information, but it also contains the hostname. Is there another way to easily copy the settings? I can probably use this file, and manually change the hostname, but I'm looking for the quickest way to do this...and I'm curious if it's possible. DM ...

Latest generation of computer programmer Management issues
I am looking to get into management and would like to know how can the latest generation of computer programmers be best managed? Can you give me some reference sites and links on the net? Thank you Azrael wrote: > > I am looking to get into management and would like to know how can the > latest generation of computer programmers be best managed? Can you > give me some reference sites and links on the net? Thank you http://www.unitedmedia.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20031113.html -- Eric.Sosman@sun.com programmerz_7@hotmail.com (Azrael) writes: > I am looking to get into management and would like to know how can the > latest generation of computer programmers be best managed? Can you > give me some reference sites and links on the net? Thank you Give them absolutely everything that they demand. Except a Foosball table. -SEan ...

Latest generation of computer programmers Management issues
I am looking to get into management and would like to know how can the latest generation of computer programmers be best managed? Can you give me some reference sites and links on the net? Thank you On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:31:15 -0800, Azrael wrote: > I am looking to get into management and would like to know how can the > latest generation of computer programmers be best managed? Can you > give me some reference sites and links on the net? Thank you A cat-O-nine-tails is an appropriate management tool when dealing with programmers. For really tough nuts a nice cool, damp, cellar wi...

CA-ON-Toronto-Manager of Computer Operations and Production
Position: Manager of Computer Operations and Production Location: Toronto Type: Full time Salary: Commensurate with experience Our client, the leader in financial services supply programs has asked Keith Bagg I.T. Search to exclusively seek out individuals to assist the organization's continued growth and transformation into the leader of e-transaction and call centre solutions for the financial services industry. You have a background that includes computer operations, network operations and infrastructure, help desk, call centre and telephony services. This would inclu...

Management issues of latest generation of computer programmers
I am looking to get into management and would like to know how can the latest generation of computer programmers be best managed? Can you give me some reference sites and links on the net? Thank you On 14 Nov 2003 14:36:12 -0800, programmerz_7@hotmail.com (Azrael) wrote: >I am looking to get into management and would like to know how can the >latest generation of computer programmers be best managed? Can you >give me some reference sites and links on the net? Thank you http://www.geraldmweinberg.com/shape.html (wish there was more free stuff and a fancier site, but even so!) J. ...

<<< Computer Magician >>>
Make yourself a Computer Magician due to over 20,000 free Computer Tips n Tricks exposed to everyone 1st time .... Visit.... http://www.ComputerTipsnTricks.com or <http:// www.ComputerTipsnTricks.com> ...

<<< Computer Magician >>>
Make yourself a Computer Magician due to over 20,000 free Computer Tips n Tricks exposed to everyone 1st time .... Visit.... http://www.ComputerTipsnTricks.com or <http:// www.ComputerTipsnTricks.com> ...

Windows 2000 Computer can't open shared folders on XP Home Computer
I am trying to help a friend fix a problem with a simple 2 computer network. One computer is running XP Home, the Other Windows 2000 Professional. They are connected via Ethernet connected to a 5 Port Linksys Switch. For over a year there was no problem. Recently the Windows 2000 computer has lost the ability to open shared folders on the XP Home Computer or print to the shared printer connected to the XP Home computer. The opposite procedures all work (connecting to the Windows 2000 computer from the Windows XP Home computer). I can "see" the Windows XP computer in the network neighborhood of the Windows 2000 computer but I cannot access it. I believe this is related to a problem with a virus or a worm on the XP home computer (among other problem machine was infected with mcafee32.exe and lha.exe). I have tried a number of methods to try and open shared folders or connected to the shared printer and gotten a variety of failure messages including: "System Error 5" "Logon Failure: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer" From searching the internet I have discovered that I am not the first person to have this problem. I have tried all the fixes that seemed reasonable including, upgrading to Service Pack 2, installing all the latest Microsoft updates, removing and reinstalling networking components, disabling the Microsoft firewall, deleting and re-establishing all shares, changing the IPRstack size, changing comp...

Web resources about - Computer Management (My Computer=>Manage) - comp.windows.misc