Could anybody point me to comparison of Windows 2K Pro, 2K Server 2003 Server, XP Pro??

Hi,

     I am searching for a matrix with comparison of different windows
operating systems like Win 2k Professional , W 2k Server, Win 2003 Server,
XP Pro.  Microsoft web site has one such thing but it compares Win 2003
server editions.

      I would be more interested in core changes between above OSes.

Thanks in Advance,
Arun.

comp.windows.misc 3202 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

WINDOWS XP PRO --> WINDOWS 2003 SERVER
Hello, I want to add to the domain a computer but I can't. Client PC with Windows XP Pro can only see itself and the same with the windows 2003 server. The ping doesn't work. Maybe the problems are the IP numbers? Hardware is correctly installed and appears in both computers the network icon working. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance. PeeWee You must get basic network TCP/IP connectivity working first. PING tests will help. Once that happens then try joining the PC to the domain. Can you describe your network and TCP/IP network addressing? ...

Putty from Windows XP to Windows 2000 pro server
I've been using Putty telnet for some time (and very satisfactorily) to connect to a Solaris server. Now I'm trying to use it to connect to a Windows 2000 server. The character based application on the server uses tip files to control screen addressing - line draw chars, cursor movement, reverse type etc. - and to interpret function, delete, insert keys etc. However I can't find a combination of putty configuration setting and tip file which is entirely OK. On unix it's easy to trap function key sequences and modify tip files, but how do you do this on windows? I'd be grateful for help with this. ...

Windows xp Pro cannot see Windows 2000 Pro
I have been trying to solve this problem for months! I have 4 PCs in a workgroup, 3 are Windows XP Pro and 1 is a Windows 2000 Pro. The Windows 2000 PC can see all of the Windows XP machines. It can copy files to them it can share the printer connected to one of them no issues. None of the Windows xp (2 are sp2 1 is sp1)can see the Windows 2000 PC. If I ping the 2000 PC I get back an Ip address, but it times out. I have double checked the Workgroup name. They all login as administrator same password. They can all get to the internet using the cable modem connected to one of the...

WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO Disks, DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & VISTA BUSINESS
WANTED: DELL WINDOWS 7 PRO Disks, DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & VISTA BUSINESS - We are buying in large quantities We are wanting to buy large quantities of Dell Windows 7 Pro Disks. We are also looking to buy Dell Windows XP Pro and possibly some Vista Business as well. We also buy Microsoft, Dell, HP and other Office software packages 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012 all versions. We like to buy in quantity. We also buy the below. We buy old and new versions of Microsoft Office, Server, Windows & others. Adobe Acrobat 9 and X and others titles. Symantec Norton Antivirus, NIS and 360. We are emailing you because we are Looking to buy software from you in larger quantities. If you are looking to sell Quantities 10-20 or more email us! However we will buy Server packages in quantities of 1-3 or more. Email me directly at craig.softnet@gmail.com We buy old and new versions of Microsoft Office, Server, Windows & others. Adobe Acrobat 9 and X and others titles. Symantec Norton Antivirus, NIS and 360. I am looking to BUY large quantities of Microsoft Office PKC medialess license kits 2007, 2010, 2012 MICROSOFT WINDOWS 2000 PRO, WINDOWS XP PRO, VISTA, WINDOWS 7 SOFTWARE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012. XP, SBE, STANDARD AND PRO & OTHERS MICROSOFT SERVER 2003, 2008, 2010 Standard, Premium, Enterprise SQL & OTHER PACKAGES We BUY Microsoft, Corel, Adobe, Macromedia, Symantec, Veritas and others. Email directly: craig.soft...

[...]

MS SQL 2K server on windows 2K
Hello, what is the advantages running MS SQL 2k on window 2000 verse windown NT? thanks "reneecccwest" <reneecccwest@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c1c86eae.0404060820.14b42f22@posting.google.com... > Hello, > what is the advantages running MS SQL 2k on window 2000 verse windown NT? > > thanks Well apart from the extra functionality in Windows 2000, NT4 is not supported after 1 Jan 2005, so I guess your organization will want to upgrade anyway. http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/ProductInfo/Availability/Retiring.asp Simon ...

Client: Mac Server: windows 2k server
Hi, I'm having some problems with getting the apple mac to login to the server. When you enter your login details the screen goes away then comes back again after a short pause with no error messages to indicate what has gone wrong. The server has got the appletalk protocol installed and i've enabled the appletalk service in the routing and remote access. Although i'm not entirely sure if this is needed. The windows based clients have no problems loging in etc. The apple mac was okay loging in until i had to re-install the OS as the hard drive failed. Now no s...

WTB: MICROSOFT WINDOWS VISTA, XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES.
WTB: MICROSOFT WINDOWS VISTA, XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES. WE ARE BUYING QUANTITIES OF MICROSOFT WINDOWS, OFFICE, SERVER, NT "OEM PACKS OR RETAIL BOXES" WE ARE BUYING WINDOWS VISTA, XP PRO, WIN2K PRO, HOME, 98SE, 98, 95, NT 4.0, OFFICE, SERVER INCLUDES MICROSOFT, DELL, COMPAQ, IBM, HP OR ANY OTHER OEM PACKAGES Email BUYONET@HOTMAIL.COM with what you have. WE BUY MICROSOFT OFFICE 95, 97, 2000, XP, 2003, 2007 SBE, Standard, PRO. WE BUY MICROSOFT WINDOWS 98, 98SE, 2KPRO, XP PRO, ...

Deployment of SNMP on all windows devices, windows XP , 2003 server
I was thinking one could use VBS or a login script to install SNMP components and services, using something like psexec. the client computers are windows xp pro with limited user accounts. And a few windows 2003 servers. Any one have any ideas? ...

Deployment of SNMP on all windows devices, windows XP , 2003 server
I was thinking one could use VBS or a login script to install SNMP components and services, using something like psexec. the client computers are windows xp pro with limited user accounts. And a few windows 2003 servers. Any one have any ideas? ...

Windows XP Pro server
Hello, I have a Windows XP Pro server running here in a school. I want to make a shared folder for each student, but I want to do it fast. Every student should get it's own directory on the server. Access priviliges for that folder should be: - Student itself: full access - Teachers: full access - Admin: Full access - Everyone: Deny access I have a DB-file with all the names of the students. I can export this to a CSV-file for example. Is it possible to make a script (I can generate that with a small VB-application) that makes a folder with the name of the student, and sets all priviliges? I don't know how to do this in a batch-file. Maybe it's possible, maybe not. Maybe I should use VB itself, or Windwos scripting??? Please help me!? Thanks a lot! Lieven Lieven Van Coninckxloo wrote: > Hello, > > I have a Windows XP Pro server running here in a school. I want to > make a shared folder for each student, but I want to do it fast. > Every student should get it's own directory on the server. Access > priviliges for that folder should be: > - Student itself: full access > - Teachers: full access > - Admin: Full access > - Everyone: Deny access > > I have a DB-file with all the names of the students. I can export > this to a CSV-file for example. > > Is it possible to make a script (I can generate that with a small > VB-application) that makes a folder with t...

Oracle 10g Server on Windows XP Pro
I have done two installs on Windows XP Pro now and find that Oracle works fine until a PC reboot and then any attempts to use EM give the error: "The database status is currently unavailable. It is possible that the database is in mount or nomount state. Click 'Startup' to obtain the current status and open the database. If the database cannot be opened, click 'Perform Recovery' to perform an appropriate recovery operation." When installing the software I can happily connect to the database and use it via web browser and http://localhost:5500/em After a reboot the same command gives a "DNS or Server error". Checking "Services" using Control Panel the "OracleDBConsolenccf" (I called my database nccf not orcl) is not started where it had been on install and where "Automatic" has been specified as the service start-up mode. Manually starting the service seems to work and then the http://localhost:5500/em gives the error shown above about the database status being unavailable. If you click "Perform recovery" the damned thing wants not just the SYSDBA password but also an "OS Host user name and password". I don't use a password as this is a single user-version of XP. The dialogue just keeps spitting "Invalid password" at me when I attempt any sort of recovery because it seems to object to the "OS Host password" field being left blank. Having completely uninstalled Orac...

Oracle on Windows Server Vs Xp-Pro
I have always run Oracle on workstation class machines and never ad any problem wint NT-4 , Win2k or XP-pro. However, I am setting up a machine that will carry a little bit heavier load, about eight simultaneous users. Does anyone know if using the Windows Server OS instead of XP-Pro will offer any performance advantages? I don't plan to use ANY Microsoft products such as IIS or Exchange. This will be a pure Oracle database server. Thanks in advance- Newt Newton Bolton wrote: > I have always run Oracle on workstation class machines and never ad any > problem wint NT-4 , Win2k or XP-pro. > > However, I am setting up a machine that will carry a little bit heavier > load, about eight simultaneous users. > > Does anyone know if using the Windows Server OS instead of XP-Pro will > offer any performance advantages? > > I don't plan to use ANY Microsoft products such as IIS or Exchange. > > This will be a pure Oracle database server. > > Thanks in advance- > Newt I think you will find that performance is much the same: the limiting factor is not the Microsoft O/S you use so much, but the hardware it's running on. Performance might actually be a little slower on the server O/S, because the server versions carry the additional overhead of expecting to be servicing a large community of users. You'll know already, of course, that workstation-class MS operating systems only permit 10 concurrent use...

How do I remotely access Scheduled Tasks from Windows XP to Windows Server 2003?
How can I access and manipulate Scheduled Tasks in Windows using Python? I have a Windows XP workstation running Python 2.4.4 using the win32all modules to control the windows services on multiple Windows 2003 servers. It works great. However, I also need to remotely collect the settings for the scheduled tasks (on those same Windows 2003 servers) and then manipulate those task settings. At the very least, I need to find out which ones are enabled and then be able to disable and re-enable those tasks at will. It would be better to be able to also detect the account each task runs as so that I could only disable selected tasks, but I'll any help I can get. Thanks, "kj7ny" wrote: > How can I access and manipulate Scheduled Tasks in Windows using > Python? > > I have a Windows XP workstation running Python 2.4.4 using the > win32all modules to control the windows services on multiple Windows > 2003 servers. It works great. > > However, I also need to remotely collect the settings for the > scheduled tasks (on those same Windows 2003 servers) and then > manipulate those task settings. > > At the very least, I need to find out which ones are enabled and then > be able to disable and re-enable those tasks at will. It would be > better to be able to also detect the account each task runs as so that > I could only disable selected tasks, but I'll any help I can get. > > Thanks, > Pywin32 comes with a ...

Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003
This post was originally made in microsoft.public.scripting.jscript by Michael Harris and I am reposting it here for the people who don't/can't subscribe to the microsoft groups. The original thread can be read here: <URL: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.scripting.jscript/browse_frm/thread/91bd7c8dfe3c8a9f/a80a764bfb34d2ee#a80a764bfb34d2ee> Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows 2000 <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c03d3e49-b40e-4ca1-a0c7-cc135ec4d2be&displaylang=en&tm> Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-d896-482e-a0d6-524e7e844d81&displaylang=en&tm> Download details: Windows Script 5.7 for Windows Server 2003 <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=f00cb8c0-32e9-411d-a896-f2cd5ef21eb4&displaylang=en&tm> -- Randy Chance Favors The Prepared Mind comp.lang.javascript FAQ - http://jibbering.com/faq/index.html Javascript Best Practices - http://www.JavascriptToolbox.com/bestpractices/ In comp.lang.javascript message <fZ-dnUyF3KVAA1nbRVn_vw@giganews.com>, Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:00:49, Randy Webb <HikksNotAtHome@aol.com> posted: >This post was originally made in microsoft.public.scripting.jscript by >Michael Harris and I am reposting it here for the people who >don't/can't subscribe to the...

can either windows 2000 Pro or Windows Xp Pro handle different language user interfaces?
Hello, I want to install windows 2000 Pro or Windows XP Pro, but I need English and/or Italian, Spanish , Japanese user interfaces. Is this possible with either of these operating systems when bootins ? Can I choose in what language to boot ? Or Can I have a different language for each user created ? Please explain me what I need. Thanks, Mario I think there is a software tool from Microsoft, which can translate the dialogs. The system self will be english, but you can set all dialogs to another language. I know that this tool is available, but I'm not sure if it's from Microsoft or from a 3. party company. Hope this helps a little bit. Greets Stefan "Mario" <mandm@flashnet.it> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9ae829af.0308140910.333b88b1@posting.google.com... > Hello, > > I want to install windows 2000 Pro or Windows XP Pro, but I need > English and/or Italian, Spanish , Japanese user interfaces. > > Is this possible with either of these operating systems when bootins ? > Can I choose in what language to boot ? Or Can I have a different > language for each user created ? > > Please explain me what I need. > > Thanks, > > Mario ...

WTB: LARGE QUANTITIES DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & WINDOWS 2000 PRO RESTORE PACKS
WTB: LARGE QUANTITIES DELL WINDOWS XP PRO & WINDOWS 2000 PRO RESTORE PACKS We are looking to buy large quantities of DELL WINDOWS XP PRO, WINDOWS 2000 PRO RESTORE PACKS.. Must include manual and restore media new sealed...or media itself sealed in white enevelope. Email buyonet@hotmail.com if you have these. Also buying the below... WE ARE ALSO BUYING MICROSOFT OFFICE, SERVER, WINDOWS & NT WORKSTATION SOFTWARE PACKAGES OEM & RETAIL We need to buy today quantities of MICROSOFT OFFICE, SERVER, WINDOWS & NT WORKSTATION SOFTWARE PACKAGES OEM & RETAIL.. Email us if you h...

Installing SQL Server 2000 Developer on Windows XP Pro
Hi, I'm a newbie with SQL Server 2000 Developer. I know that it is supposed to install on Windows XP Pro, but I keep running into the following message: "The logon account cannot be validated for the SQL Server service. Validate ...". I've looked for help and taken the advise of trying the user "Administrator", but that does not help. Initially I tried making a new user called "sqlserver" with Administrator access, but that didn't work. Can someone please help. Ideally step by step from where I am. Thanks in advance, Raj rajchoud@hotmail.com (Raj) wrote in message news:<2c27ec55.0404271823.504bfcb8@posting.google.com>... > Hi, > > I'm a newbie with SQL Server 2000 Developer. I know that it is > supposed to install on Windows XP Pro, but I keep running into the > following message: > > "The logon account cannot be validated for the SQL Server service. > Validate ...". > > I've looked for help and taken the advise of trying the user > "Administrator", but that does not help. Initially I tried making a > new user called "sqlserver" with Administrator access, but that didn't > work. > > Can someone please help. Ideally step by step from where I am. > > Thanks in advance, > > Raj It would be useful if you can give a little more information. In particular, are you logged in with an administrator account when you run setu...

Searching for concept to handle cacluations on Windows XP Pro- servers
hello, i want to write a concept that describes a possibility to handle calculations by a seperate programm on a server: a.) define one or more calculation-tasks in an application on a clientmachine b.) to manage all tasks in a kind of taskmanager on the clientmachine and to send these tasks to a couple of servermachines c.) to recive a task on the server d.) to handle the task by a special calculation-application an send the result back to the taskmanager (mentioned in b.) I am not sure about the several possibilities fulfilling this concept. I heard something about different solutions...

Searching for concept to handle cacluations on Windows XP Pro- servers
hello, i want to write a concept that describes a possibility to handle calculations by a seperate programm on a server: a.) define one or more calculation-tasks in an application on a clientmachine b.) to manage all tasks in a kind of taskmanager on the clientmachine and to send these tasks to a couple of servermachines c.) to recive a task on the server d.) to handle the task by a special calculation-application an send the result back to the taskmanager (mentioned in b.) I am not sure about the several possibilities fulfilling this concept. I heard something about different solutions...

Windows 2K Server
I hope this is the right place to post, if not kindly point me in the right direction, thank you. Hello Everyone, **Background** I'm new to Clear Case but I have been given an opportunity by my employer to be their "CM". They are willing to provide training but need to understand if our current setup will work with a new clients needs. Once they get a definitive answer I'll know which classes I need to take and they'll move forward. **Status** Currently, we are running Clear Case 2002.05 on an all Windows environment, no problems here, everything ...

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

mail server on windows server 2003
Hi Gurus I would like to run a mail server on 2003 that does the following: 1. collect emails from several other mail servers (e.g. mail.myisp.com) using the pop3 method. 2. allow people connected to the servers domain/network to - send emails from their outlook program - receive emails in their outlook program - send emails locally (without going through our ISP) to other people who are connected to the server (e.g. from Jo to Mike who are both connected to the server domain). My questions are: 1. can MS Windows Server do this, OR 2. would you recommend a program f...

application server on windows server 2003
Hi I am developing a client server application a small component of which should open a terminal window with an application (say AutoCAD) running on it on the server. All clients should be able to view this application on their respective machines. Can anyone suggest if I can use any existing services for this ? For opening a terminal window in Server 2003 I found that I can use Remote Desktop Connection. However I think I need something like a VNC server but am not sure what or how to use. Can anyone suggest as to how I can proceed for this ? Any help/hints/suggestions would be appre...

Web resources about - Could anybody point me to comparison of Windows 2K Pro, 2K Server 2003 Server, XP Pro?? - comp.windows.misc

Comparison - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sydney siege inquest: 000 call comparison
Listen to Tori Johnson's 000 call as the operator takes over a minute to establish the location of the Lindt Cafe in Martin Place.

Comparison: What are the differences between the 9.7-inch iPad Pro and 12.9-inch model?
... to upgrade. Read on as we break down all of the differences between the two models… more… Filed under: iOS Devices Tagged: Apple , comparison ...

Phone Comparisons: Samsung Galaxy S7 vs Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Introduction Do we have a good one for you today - the new Samsung Galaxy S7 takes on the new Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Just what makes these two ...

Ultimate Android comparison video pits Galaxy S7 against Nexus 6P, Moto X
The reviews poured in for the Samsung Galaxy S7 on Tuesday and they were unanimous in their praise for Samsung's latest flagship phone. The crew ...

Donald Trump "doesn’t like invidious comparisons but he’s cool with being called an authoritarian," writes ...
... paraphrasing her own question to Trump. He answered: "We need strength in this country... We have weak leadership. Hillary is pathetically ...

Donald Trump says he's "not happy" with comparisons to Hitler
The GOP frontrunner has recently asked his supporters to raise their right hands and pledge to vote for him

Household Battery Storage: A Comparison Of Product Price & Performance
... the highest penetration of rooftop solar PV. But which is the best product? That depends on what [&hellip Household Battery Storage: A Comparison ...

Trump responds to Hitler comparison
The Sun Trump responds to Hitler comparison CNN (CNN) Donald Trump on Tuesday addressed criticism of a new practice at his rallies that has ...

Wisconsin Professor Gets New Job After STALKING RANDOM FRESHMEN ON TWITTER, Hitler Comparisons
Wisconsin Professor Gets New Job After STALKING RANDOM FRESHMEN ON TWITTER, Hitler Comparisons