Dial up connection wont disconnect

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Just in the past few days, once I connect to the internet, I cant
disconnect. I double click on the connection icon in the system tray
and nothing happens. I have also tried right clicking on it and
clicking disconnect and again, nothing happens. It doesnt matter if
Ive been online for 2 minutes or 5 hours it just doesnt respond at
all. The only way i can disconnect is by logging out of windows. Im
running Win 2K and it is a dialup 56k connection. Any input would be
greatly appreciated.

Andy
0
Reply andyzehr (4) 8/13/2003 6:35:14 PM

See related articles to this posting

andyzehr@yahoo.com (Andy) wrote in message news:<a985bfca.0308131035.7e3a475f@posting.google.com>...
> Just in the past few days, once I connect to the internet, I cant
> disconnect. I double click on the connection icon in the system tray
> and nothing happens. I have also tried right clicking on it and
> clicking disconnect and again, nothing happens. It doesnt matter if
> Ive been online for 2 minutes or 5 hours it just doesnt respond at
> all. The only way i can disconnect is by logging out of windows. Im
> running Win 2K and it is a dialup 56k connection. Any input would be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Andy

Have you tried deleting the dial-up networking entry and creating a new one?

Sujit D'Mello
0
Reply sujitdmello (32) 8/14/2003 8:07:05 PM

sujitdmello@yahoo.com (Sujit D'Mello) wrote in message news:<887ce6b9.0308141207.aaff815@posting.google.com>...
> andyzehr@yahoo.com (Andy) wrote in message news:<a985bfca.0308131035.7e3a475f@posting.google.com>...
> > Just in the past few days, once I connect to the internet, I cant
> > disconnect. I double click on the connection icon in the system tray
> > and nothing happens. I have also tried right clicking on it and
> > clicking disconnect and again, nothing happens. It doesnt matter if
> > Ive been online for 2 minutes or 5 hours it just doesnt respond at
> > all. The only way i can disconnect is by logging out of windows. Im
> > running Win 2K and it is a dialup 56k connection. Any input would be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Andy
>
> Have you tried deleting the dial-up networking entry and creating a new one?
>
> Sujit D'Mello

Yes thats the first thing I did, and no help.

Andy
0
Reply andyzehr (4) 8/15/2003 1:39:03 PM

I'm experiencing the same.  The initial cause was a Worm (Welcha?
can't remember the name) carried in \winnt\system32\wins\svchost.exe
that used to crash while I was connected, and after that, I couldn't
disconnect in the way that you descibe.  Now I've deleted the file,
the problem still occurs.

Also, this happens on more than one connection so I'm sure the fault
is not in the connection, and fairly sure its not the modem driver

andyzehr@yahoo.com (Andy) wrote in message news:<a985bfca.0308150539.22cb620b@posting.google.com>...
> sujitdmello@yahoo.com (Sujit D'Mello) wrote in message news:<887ce6b9.0308141207.aaff815@posting.google.com>...
> > andyzehr@yahoo.com (Andy) wrote in message news:<a985bfca.0308131035.7e3a475f@posting.google.com>...
> > > Just in the past few days, once I connect to the internet, I cant
> > > disconnect. I double click on the connection icon in the system tray
> > > and nothing happens. I have also tried right clicking on it and
> > > clicking disconnect and again, nothing happens. It doesnt matter if
> > > Ive been online for 2 minutes or 5 hours it just doesnt respond at
> > > all. The only way i can disconnect is by logging out of windows. Im
> > > running Win 2K and it is a dialup 56k connection. Any input would be
> > > greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Andy
> >
> > Have you tried deleting the dial-up networking entry and creating a new one?
> >
> > Sujit D'Mello
>

> Yes thats the first thing I did, and no help.
>
> Andy
0
Reply st9 (1) 8/25/2003 1:33:36 PM
comp.windows.misc 3211 articles. 1 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Re: Dial up connection wont disconnect
Install updated modem driver, reinstall your ISP software for connecting = to internet. Delete your old DUN setting and recreate it. Make sure you check for any program is in conflict with your DUN = connection in the task manager or startup. Joseph -----Original Message----- From: Andy [mailto:andyzehr@yahoo.com] Posted At: Thursday, August 14, 2003 2:46 AM Posted To: misc Conversation: Dial up connection wont disconnect Subject: Dial up connection wont disconnect Just in the past few days, once I connect to the internet, I cant disconnect. I double click on the connection icon in the sys...

Connection problems with dial up connection
Until recently Ive been getting varied connection speeds on my Anytime Dial Up account. In between 44000 bps to 46667bps on an average session. However over the last couple of days it been difficult to connect. If I have done its been around 26400 bps, but often its not connecting. When I listen to the modem dialing up it has a different set of sounds and pitch's when it gets through, compared to what Im used to and its much, much longer in the time if it does connect. Ive checked the connection status and they dont report ...

Dial-up internet connection (SLOW connecting)
i have a dial-up internet connection on my mac (Mac OS X 10.3.9) and when i say connect it takes about 1 min to start dialling, why is that? and can i do any thing about this? On 30 Sep 2005 12:49:12 -0700, techno guy <adrielk@gmail.com> wrote: > i have a dial-up internet connection on my mac (Mac OS X 10.3.9) and > when i say connect it takes about 1 min to start dialling, why is that? I don't know - for starters, though, is your system up to date? > and can i do any thing about this? How much memory does your system have? Is it running anything that's keeping it...

How to connect / Dial Broadband connection from CentOS / Ubantu
Hi! I am form India, I am using connection form BSNL Service. I am now connecting Internet from my PC through Windows 2000. To do that first time I need to install protocol [named 'PPP over Ethernet Protocol'] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1.Go to -> My NetWork Places -> Properties -> Local Area Connection -> Properties-> Click on 'Install' Button -> Add Protocol ........... 2. Go to Start Button -> Run -> (Type) raspppoe & (Click) OK Button. 3. Go to -> My Net...

connecting and disconnecting a network connection via rexx
Is it possible to connect and disconnect a network connection via rexx. I have a VPN connection in my Network Connections window then I would like to be able to connect and disconnect via rexx. Here is the manual process: 1) open the Network Connections window 2) right click on the VPN connection 3) left click on connect if it is disconnected or right click on disconnect if it is connected I have been searching for a script (any language) that would show me how to do this, but I have not found one yet. The closest I have come is some WMI that will allow me to list the connections. It...

Dial up connection
Hi ,i'm newbie in C++ ,i wan to make a dial up connection on a windows machine ,and i want to keep my connection for other aplicattions . Can i do something like rundll32.exe + tapi.dll + method + argument ? else Witch library migth use ? witch methods ? Thanks . Jander wrote: > Hi ,i'm newbie in C++ ,i wan to make a dial up connection on a windows > machine ,and i want to keep my connection for other aplicattions . > > Can i do something like rundll32.exe + tapi.dll + method + argument ? > else > Witch library migth use ? > witch methods ? Not here. http...

Dial-up connection
Dear all, I am a new Linux user and I recently installed OpenSuse 10.0 on my laptop and I am attempting to set-up a dial-up internet connection. I think I have successfully configured my modem using the Yast configuration tool, but I have been unable to activate the connection. How do I achieve this? Thanks for your help Neil How far along does it get when you attempt to connect? Did you remember to put in your user ID and password (the one that logs you in to your ISP, that is). Do you hear it dialing out and attempting the handshake? she_died@yahoo.com wrote: > How far along doe...

Dial Up connection
Hi ,i'm newbie in C++ ,i wan to make a dial up connection on a windows machine ,and i want to keep my connection for other aplicattions . Can i do something like rundll32.exe + tapi.dll + method + argument ? else Witch library migth use ? witch methods ? Thanks . You need RasApi. Check for RasCreatePhonebookEntry() and RasEntryDlg(). Jander wrote: > Hi ,i'm newbie in C++ ,i wan to make a dial up connection on a windows > machine ,and i want to keep my connection for other aplicattions . > > Can i do something like rundll32.exe + tapi.dll + method +...

Connect / Disconnect
--0-261465743-1181813011=:44264 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit Hello, I've been using wxEvtHandler::Connect to set up event handling in a number of classes. Now I wonder if connecting handlers this way automatically disconnects them at window destruction. If wxEvtHandler::Disconnect is not called in window destructor (or OnClose), are there potential problems with 'lingering handlers' to the destroyed window? Regards // Arne S. --------------------------------- L�t v�rk�nslorna spira! Hitta din tvillings...

dial up connection
Can anyone tell me the typical connection route of a dial-up connection? For example, I did a tracert on a friend that dialed into a local number, but the tracert showed her being 1000 miles away. I know AOL dialups all go to Virginia. What kind of network structure is it for a dial-up...is it basically dialing into a network which then proxies to a totally different location? I may not be asking the right question or wording it right. You dial into a ppp server - ie pppd, authenticate, and use the remote peer as your route. That peer then routes your data just like any other rout...

Dial up connection
Hi ,i'm newbie in C++ ,i wan to make a dial up connection on a windows machine ,and i want to keep my connection for other aplicattions . Can i do something like rundll32.exe + tapi.dll + method + argument ? else Witch library migth use ? witch methods ? Thanks . ...

Re: Disconnection module,Connection module,LSA plus disconnection module
Supply disconnection module,Krone module,LSA Plus Disconnection module We are a proffesional manufacturer in China mainly produc disconnection module,Connection module,Disconnection Switch module,LS earth bar,LSA disconnection module,Krone module,LSA Plus Disconnectio module,please see more details at the link: http://www.pans-telecom.com http://cheerwe.en.ecplaza.net http://ebaby88888.googlepages.com [image: http://pans-telecom.com/member/279728_modules.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://pans-telecom.com/member/317995_yapro2.jpg] We are a manufacturer specialized in producing telecommunicatio network acc...

How connect GSM (cellular-phone) to microcontroler, reading dial-tones and dial a phonenumbers?
Well I think I'll start with PIC as my first microcontrol project, although PICAXE seems to be a nice think to! Though I have an other question/problem: I like to build a doorphone/door-code-lock through a GSM-phone, so Can I hook up a GSM (cellphone) and be able to autoanswer and read in the phone-dial-tones for remote controle? And can I call out using the hooked-on cellphone to let me communicate with the person on my door? Maybe with my old Nokia 6110 or Motorola Startac? Thanks for already reading this! PS: It seems I could not react through Google to my other post-repl...

Connect problems with Cisco vpn client (enables disconnect button while saying No Connection)
Hello, I was able to connect using Cisco VPN Client on Windows XP (home) to my corporate server. But "something" happened and now when I run the VPN client it shows both the "connect" and "disconnect" buttons and I take it that it thinks that there is a live connection present, when none is present. It also shows the words "No Connection" at the bottom of the panel. (1) If I click on disconnect, then vpn recognizes that it is a bug and brings up a bug reporting system and then quits. (2) If I click the connect button, it does nothing. I use Tim...

Disconnect connected users
Hi, I have a backup script (AppleScript) which works fine unless there are users connected to the database being backed up. The backup script closes the database, moves, copies, etc. How do I automatically kick any users off? I'm running FileMaker v5.5 (Mac). I'm not worried about corruption as the script runs late at night and users would only be connected if they forgot to shut down FM at the end of the day. Thanks, Peter. -- Posted via http://dbforums.com peter h wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a backup script (AppleScript) which works fine unless there are &g...

Dial and connect internet
Do anyone have code examples to use a dialup internet (JTAPI) and tehn perform connection by username and password using TCPIP? On 8 Sep 2003 18:52:53 -0700, terry <leonlai2k@yahoo.com> wrote: > Do anyone have code examples to use a dialup internet (JTAPI) and tehn > perform connection by username and password using TCPIP? > I believe you're confused, JTAPI is intended to provide an programatic interface to computer interactable call service centers, generally used in small buisness to enterprise offices. In your case, you'll find that many operating systems may a...

Dial up connection Wince6
Hello all, in one of our project, we need to setup a dial up connection for GPRS modem, modem is connected to COM2 on our PX270 based COM module. This module has WINCE 6 ported. The only option we get in the Dial up application is to select Hayes modem on COM1, for reasons we cant use the COM1 to connect the modem, so hoe can we install the modem now, please someboy help us. Regards, Murali.K.C On Sep 17, 6:21=A0pm, macy.mur...@gmail.com wrote: > Hello all, > > in one of our project, we need to setup a dial up connection for GPRS > modem, modem is connected to COM...

Dial Up Disconnect Problems
Without any apparent pattern, I sometimes have Internet Connection fail to complete the disconnect process from my internal modem. It disconnects the line okay, but the scrolling "disconnecting" doesn't stop, necessitating a complete restart on my part before I can connect again. I am using Panther 10.3.3 on my iBook. Any thought? Help? Thanks. ...

Which PDA for dial up connectivity?
I require a PDA that will allow me to connect to a dialup ISP and use IRC and check email. Since I will use it in various places I need compatibility with various dialup ISPs. Preference wise, the cheaper the better, and it'd be nice to have a portable or built in keyboard that could be used while connected online. Other features, such as color and multimedia support, don't matter to me. From my investigation, a used palm III or V with modem seems like an option, but I have not been able to ascertain how compatible the modems are with various ISPs. Pocket PCs seem nice because...

Connect/disconnect dialog
How can I call the connect/disconnect to network share dialog of explorer form VB ? Thanks. Matthias See http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/network/netconnect.htm -- Randy Birch MVP Visual Basic http://vbnet.mvps.org/ Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit. "Matthias Goebel" <goebel@kph.uni-mainz.de> wrote in message news:c7sor4$udd$1@news1.zdv.uni-mainz.de... : How can I call the connect/disconnect to network share dialog of explorer : form VB ? : Thanks. : Matthias : : ...

dial connection problem
Hi all, I have a problem with a cisco router 2600 dial connection. The router calls another router over this connection with authentication - until this point everything is OK. Then I have to "telnet" an IBM AS400 machine on the other site, this is not working. If I make the same dial procedure over a windows dial-up connection from my PC everything is OK. Here my configuration: --------snip----------- Using 3154 out of 29688 bytes ! version 12.0 service timestamps debug uptime service timestamps log uptime no service password-encryption ! hostname myremote ! logging buffered ...

Connect & Disconnect
In testing our app, we connected and disconnected like 1000 times and noticed a 5 meg memory leak. The sequence of connecting and disconnecting is as follows: 1. OdbcSQLAllocHandle 2. OdbcSQLAllocConnect 3. OdbcSQLConnect 4. OdbcSQLDisconnect 5. OdbcSQLFreeConnect 6. OdbcSQLFreeEnv .. . . is there some step missing that might prevent the leak? Thanks. -g Geoff wrote: > In testing our app, we connected and disconnected like 1000 times and > noticed a 5 meg memory leak. The sequence of connecting and disconnecting > is as follows: > > 1. ...

Dial-up connection problems
I'm trying to connect to earthlink using kppp and can't seem to actually connect. The modem dials and kppp shows no errors, but I can't communicate. Here is part of /var/logs/syslog. Any ideas would be appreciated Apr 4 22:24:00 debianSEL modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module ppp0}} Apr 4 22:24:00 debianSEL modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module ppp0}} Apr 4 22:24:00 debianSEL pppd[375]: pppd 2.4.1 started by root, uid 0}} Apr 4 22:24:00 debianSEL pppd[375]: Using interface ppp0}} Apr 4 22:24:00 debianSEL pppd[375]: Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyS0}} ...

Connect and Disconnect OnIdleEvent
Hi there, I have a question : I would expect Connect( wxEVT_IDLE, ...) and Connect( wxID_ANY, wxEVT_IDLE, ...) to behave the same on a wxApp, but it does not seem to be the case. Could someone explain to me why it is not the case? I am using wxWidgets 2.6.3. Thank you for your explanations. G. ...