Error message?

I have been getting an error message when I boot up. It says that a
drive or network connection shortcut 9H57VCD4.ink is missing.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
docfl
0
docfl (1)
4/23/2004 1:58:09 PM
comp.windows.misc 3201 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

seems some startup program link is missing,
it's not a problem once check your Startup programs,

go through MSCONFIG in win 9x or windows XP

Take care to handle msconfig improper settings causes OS Damage

Thanks and Regards,

Jaya Vytla

docfl@yahoo.com (docfl) wrote in message news:<eafa1911.0404230558.751aee93@posting.google.com>...
> I have been getting an error message when I boot up. It says that a
> drive or network connection shortcut 9H57VCD4.ink is missing.
> Any advice would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> docfl
0
jaya1 (7)

windows error message
I have been getting a pproblem where my computer displays the message - DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. This is accompanied by an error code and a statement that windows will close to protect the system from damage. This error seems to only come up following video capture. I am using Nvidia a personal cinema card. Has anyone ever had this problem before or any idea what might be the cause? Niv ...

Windows ME error message
Can anyone help please. I have recently been having loads of problems with Nero. It keep crashes out when trying to burn a CD ! I seem to not get consistent 'blue screen' error messages - though this will partly be because I tried to do a system restore back to a date when the burn did work. Latest one is "Error 06 : B3EB : 1220". From what I have been able to gather it might be because the memory is getting trashed ? Have I deleted some windows files by accident? Thanks, Nick ...

[News] Images: Windows ATM Goes Titsup, Absurd/Self-contradictory Error Messages in Windows
At least this one isn't out of order because of activation (false psitive piracy)... http://img505.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo06091944fe5.jpg Best Windows error message yet! ,----[ Quote ] | There was a problem with this installation. Windows Live | Messenger was not installed. `---- http://mintchocicecream.googlepages.com/catastrophicfailure One of Those Windows' World Dilemma ,----[ Quote ] | So what do you make out of the following window .... error or no | error !!!!!!! `---- http://linux.wordpress.com/2007/06/10/one-of-those-windows-world-dilemma/ Roy Schestowitz &...

(assert-error) tests errors and error messages
I wrote (assert-error) to make sure that a function generates an error, and verify the error message. What do you think? Below is the definition and a few test cases, for Emacs 22.1.50. (require 'cl) (defmacro assert-error (form &optional regexp) "FORM must signal an error. Signal an error otherwise. Additionally, the error message must match REGEXP. Case is ignored while matching REGEXP." (let ((msg (make-symbol "msg")) (ok (make-symbol "ok")) (res (make-symbol "res"))) `(let ((,ok nil)) (condition-case err ;; Evaluate FORM and save the result. (set ',res ,form) (error ;; This runs when FORM signals an error of any kind. (set ',ok t) (set ',msg (error-message-string err)))) (unless ,ok (error "Did not signal an error: %s (returned %s)" ',form ,res)) (when ,regexp ;; Here we know that FORM signaled an error, and that the ;; caller wants to check the error message. (unless (let ((case-fold-search t)) (string-match ,regexp ,msg)) (error "Error message does not match \"%s\": \"%s\"" ,regexp ,msg)))))) ;; Test assert-error, mostly by running it against itself. (assert-error (assert-error nil) "did not signal.*nil") (assert-error (assert-error t) "\\bt\\b") (as...

Stupid Windows error message
Seen recently on a friend's PC: "The Generic USB Hub has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of its hub port. You should disconnect the device." Sounds reasonable? Not really, because the "device" is soldered to the motherboard. Even funnier - there were no USB devices plugged in to that hub at all, or anywhere else on the system. The best suggestion turned up by some casual research, suggests he needed to install the motherboard chipset drivers (including USB). Problem is, they were already installed. Windows is retarded. -- K. http://slated.org ..---- | "What's the point of supporting a large, faceless corporation that | doesn't give you the good service you should get? We have MS for | that..." ~ DFS, http://tinyurl.com/doofy-admits-truth-about-ms `---- Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) on sky, running kernel 2.6.31.5 21:31:33 up 2 days, 7:53, 4 users, load average: 0.07, 0.04, 0.01 On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 21:31:54 +0000, Homer <usenet@slated.org> wrote: >Seen recently on a friend's PC: >"The Generic USB Hub has malfunctioned and exceeded the power limits of >its hub port. You should disconnect the device." >Sounds reasonable? >Not really, because the "device" is soldered to the motherboard. Even >funnier - there were no USB devices plugged in to that hub at all, or >anywhere else on the system. >The best suggestion turned up by some casual research, suggests ...

Largest Windows Error Message
http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/4630 Behold the shame. In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote on Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:51:04 +0000 <dtfk0t$1q6u$3@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk>: > http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/4630 > > Behold the shame. Remember when "bad press was better than no press at all"? :-) I'm not so sure of that anymore... I like the phrasing: "Video and text output has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Since when is 'vide...

Fun with (Windows) error messages
OK, first off, Linux isn't particularly generous when it comes to displaying error messages (quite the contrary, actually), but starting a misbehaving app from the command line often gives a wealth of information about what's going on; also, logging is quite good. But admittedly, neither of these are any help to GUI-only users who are confronted with something dropping dead without any message whatsoever. Microsoft's OS'es, on the other hand, have a reputation for being too chatty altogether, sometimes with, um, interesting results: http://techchunks.com/technology/top-10-hilariously-funny-windows-error-messages-pics/ OK, it's ancient, but this one in particular justifies a keyboard warning: "Your password must be at least 18770 characters and cannot repeat any of your previous 30689 passwords. Please type a different password. Type a password that meets these requitrements into both text boxes." Now I really wonder how that one crept in ,,, And oh, The Register also has something to say about Microsoft's view on error messages: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/10/21/winphone7_review/page5.html "... but mostly the time was taken up looking at a mailbox that blithely claimed to be empty and refused to admit anything was wrong. A couple of error screens and we'd have been sorted in half the time, but Microsoft hates to display error screens, so Windows Phone 7 doesn't show them." Well, now we all know /w...

Error messages
My dad's computer is running Windows 95 and using American Online (7.0) as a browser. Internet explorer (version 5.5) is installed but not used for browsing. There was a bunch of infected files and I think all was cleaned. I had downloaded AVG virus software and ran it in DOS mode. However, there are a few error messages popping up and I am not sure how to get rid of them. I have listed them below (not in any particular order). iexplore.exe file is linked to missing export wininet.dll: InternetGetConnectedState Error loading iedkcs32.dll. A device attached to sy...

Windows Explorer error message.
After I copy or move files from the "Desktop" to a folder in Windows Explorer, I get this error when I try to select another folder in Explorer. I substituted username for my name, and a square symbol actually is part of the message. "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop\Desktop\(A Square symbol)\Winnt is not accessible. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." It drives me nuts because it doesn't happen on my son's Win2000 PC, only on mine. What do I have on my PC that is causing this problem? We're both running Win2000 5.00.2195,sp4 & IE6.0.2800.1106,128bit. ...

[News] Moronic Error Messages in Windows
No, not just meaningless hexadecimal codes in a blue screen... Windows: "Cannot remove folder because it's not empty." ,----[ Quote ] | It cannot remove the folder, true. The directory is not empty, that's | also correct. But the directory not being empty doesn't quite seem like | a valid reason for not being able to remove it. `---- http://macbasement.com/2006/11/29/windows-cannot-remove-folder-because-its-not-empty/ I must add that KDE is extremely good at its handling of file management by providing meaningful and informative prompts. Roy Schestowitz wrote: > ...

Windows Explorer error message. #2
After I copy or move files from the "Desktop" to a folder in Windows Explorer, I get this error when I try to select another folder in Explorer. I substituted username for my name, and a square symbol actually is part of the message. "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop\Desktop\(A Square symbol)\Winnt is not accessible. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." It drives me nuts because it doesn't happen on my son's Win2000 PC, only on mine. What do I have on my PC that is causing this problem? We're both running Win2000 5.00.2195,sp4 & IE6.0.2800.1106,128bit. ...

error message is unknow in windows 2003
When giving 0x800704A6 as input to _com_error::errorMessage() or FormatMessage() I can get the relevant text: "A system shutdown has already been scheduled". On windows 2003 sp2 I get "Unknown error". Any idea why? Thank you. ...

Error Number 3000: Reserved Error (-3002); there is no message for this error
Help... I've been moving code about to tidy it up and this error is occuring. I have tracked it down to a set querydef command, i have properly specified a database and am using correct syntax for the set command but this error is popping up. Any ideas why? Please help....... Rob. Try to decompile the database (command-line switch /decompile) dkintheuk wrote: > Help... > > I've been moving code about to tidy it up and this error is occuring. > > I have tracked it down to a set querydef command, i have properly > specified a database and am using correct syntax for the set command > but this error is popping up. > > Any ideas why? > > Please help....... > > Rob. > -- Bas Cost Budde, Holland http://www.heuveltop.nl/BasCB/msac_index.html Er... gonna sound dumb now but how do I do that? Thanks. Ok... found out how... easy really. Unfortunately, there is no change in the behaviour of the code. Argh! Still could use some help here... I've now decomplied... Then i exported all code... Then i compacted and repaired the db Then i reimported all the code Then i compacted and repaired again It still doesn't want to work! Ok... here it is - i was being thick (no surprise there). I had a problem in my SQL in that the SQL was designed to do a TRANSFORM to create a nice crosstab query. I later added an INTO command to the SQL to get the output into a temp table. This is not allowed for TRANSFORM queri...

Error: AgentSocketPullInput error message
Hello all... I'm getting the following message repeated in the /var/adm/snmpd.log on HP-UX 11.11 server: AgentSocketPullInput: short read pending on socket close, data discarded at line 491 in file ../common.c I've been surfing around for the info but haven't had any luck finding a reference to this error message and what it might mean? I've done a stare 'n compare against a working snmpd.conf that's working just fine. Would anybody have a cluegram as to where I can look for some idea what this message is telling me...? ...

Error returned with no error message
Hi All, I am trying to access a Transform Data Task in a DTS by double clicking it. When I do, I get a message similar to "HResult of 0x80004005 (-2147467259) returned Unexpected error occurred. An error was returned without an error message" and the properties screen does not appear. Firstly this has got to be the most useless alert ever to appear on my screen, but more importantly what can I do about it? I cannot execute the step either as I get the same message. I thought that the DTS may have become corrupted but it is also happening when I create new DTS packages. Can anyone throw me a clue? TIA Geraint Evans ...

error message during windows shutdown
I get "hpzinw12.exe could not initialize because the windows station is shutting down". I have no problems using the printer. does anyone happen to know what this means? tx, Phil On the seventh day, philip obley wrote... > I get "hpzinw12.exe could not initialize because the windows station is > shutting down". I have no problems using the printer. does anyone happen to > know what this means? that means what it says. There is a problem in initializing one of the printer's components which obviously hangs when starting and remains in that state until you try to shutdown your system. Since your printer is working without a hitch anyway, you might as well just live with this error message. Otherwise, I'd suggest, you remove the printer driver and do a fresh install. If that doesn't help clean install Windows. -- mit freundlichen Gr��en/with kind regards Christian D�rrhauer When it's fall in New York, the air smells like as if someone's been frying goats in it, and if you are keen to breath the best plan is to open a window and stick your head in a building. -- Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless thanks, a fortuitous search unearthed the nature of the executable. it is something that can be dispensed with in home networking environments, so it is no more. Phil "Christian D�rrhauer" <cduerr@duerrhauer.de> wrote in message news:1r7rrlnhngttu.dlg@73137.user.dfncis.de... > On the seventh day, philip obl...

strange windows error message
The system consists of a Windows 2003 Small Business Server, and several Windows XP Pro workstations. An application installed on the server and run on workstations has suddenly started giving a strange error message on three of the workstations (the remainder still function properly.) When trying to start either of two applications in the suite (let's call the application name app.exe for simplicity) on those three workstations, Windows gives a message app.e.exe has .... (remainder of message deleted) Does anybody have an idea why the application name has an extra .e in...

Real-Time Windows Target Error Message
Hi. I am currently experiencing some problems with data acquisition using the Real Time Windows Target. The version of MATLAB that I run is MATLAB Version 7.5.0.342 (R2007b) and the version of Real Time Workshop and Real Time Windows Target are version 7.0 and version 3.0 respectively. The DAQ card I am using is the National Instruments PCI-6221, M-Series. It is supported by this version of Real Time Windows Target according to a user manual I found online. I tested out using a simple data acquisition method in Simulink. My Simulink model consists of just an Analog Input block and its ou...

Error message after posting a message
Hi, I just posted a message on the comp.text.tex forum and after I was told that the post has been successful, I get the following message when I try to access my message. I have seen this sort of message before. Any idea what this means. I do not want to send a duplicate post as yet because this all might be some glitch in the system. There are no more messages on this topic. All messages in this topic may have expired or been deleted. Regards, Tariq ...

Re: Issue a message window if there is an error in the log
Hi hari, An error or a warning is done by a data or proc step. So, if you want to track this kind of return, you have to use &syserr after these steps to add a statement. data class; set sash.class; run; %if &syserr >3 %then %do; %window (... 'be careful' ); %end; You can increase the informations of the window with a &sysprocname any variable that you want to capture. BUT, It's not a good way to work. I mean if you want to let your program to others, the different ways of execution of the process must be controlled by the program itself. When a job production is done, usually the programmer anticipated various alternatives which can arise during the execution and to control them: to leave in a Exception block after having carried out some tests of corrections for example. Hari, you have to do the same. Otherwise on the windows environment, you can propose to execute the code via C# apps which can be able to control this. St�phane. Selon Hari Nath <hari_s_nath@YAHOO.COM>: > Hi all, > I looked back in the archives and wasnt able to find an answer....Lets > say if I run a program and there was an error/warning in the log, then I > want to make sas to warn me that i have an error/warnings in my log (may be > like a pop-up window using %window - %display commands or may be another > way). This may be useful if the sas programs are run by non-sas users and > they dont have any idea about the log or program. Hope so...

Palm Desktop
I installed Palm Desktop version 4.1 on my Windows XP Pro System. If I run it as Administrator, everything is fine. I get Date, Address, To Do, Memo, Expense, Note Pad, Palm Photos, Voice Memo and Quick Install down the left hand side But if I run it as a non-administrator, I get an error message "Error: Expreprt.exe module cannot be found" and an "OK" button. If I press the OK button, Desktop runs but I *only* get Date, Address, To Do, Memo and Install applications down the left hand side. In other words, when I run as non-admin (a) I get an error message...

windows error message: file does not start with %PDF
Hi all, I got informed by someone using a windows computer about an error message if he tries to load a pdf form. file does not start with %PDF I can't reproduce this error on any computer I have. What does this mean and what is wrong configured? Reimar -- Reimar Bauer Institut fuer Stratosphaerische Chemie (ICG-I) Forschungszentrum Juelich email: R.Bauer@fz-juelich.de ------------------------------------------------------------------- a IDL library at ForschungsZentrum Juelich http://www.fz-juelich.de/icg/icg-i/idl_icglib/idl_lib_intro.html =====================...

Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error code -12)
I receive this error when attempting to build an installer for my Labview application. &nbsp; &nbsp; CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller &gt;&gt; CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_InstallerConfiguration_Editor.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_Build_Invoke.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_Engine_Main.vi &gt;&gt; CDK_Engine_Build.vi &gt;&gt; NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFDistCopyList_CopyItem.vi Loading product deployment informationLoading product deployment informationAdding files to installerDone adding filesPreparing to build deploymentCopying products from distributionsCopying distribution 'NI-DAQ 8.0.1' from: D:\ to: C:\DARTS\ATS_TE_Project\DARTS_NI-DAQ_HP3561A_Dynamic_Signal_Analyzer\Installer\&nbsp;***************** Error: Windows SDK function returned an error. (Error code -12)The system cannot find the file specified. *** End Error Report**************&nbsp;Done building deployment Hi rich hilt- &nbsp; Please see the following discussion forum.&nbsp; It documents the exact same error and lists steps to resolve the problem. &nbsp; <a href="http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=214393&amp;requireLogin=False" target="_blank">I am having problems with an application built in LV 8.0 as well as LV8.2 compiling correctly when building the installer</a> &nbsp; Hope this helps! I removed every installation NI-DAQ from my system and downloaded and installed D...

Re: Issue a message window if there is an error in the log #8
Art, Thanks for your pdf link..........that was very useful......... On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 01:09:03 -0500, Arthur Tabachneck <art297@NETSCAPE.NET> wrote: >Hari, > >Take a look at: >http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi26/p028-26.pdf > >Art >---------- >On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 23:55:09 -0500, Hari Nath <hari_s_nath@YAHOO.COM> >wrote: > >>Hi all, >> When i have errors in my log, &syserr condition works well and warns >>if there are any errors. But is there any similar way for checking the >>output with WARNINGS, because syserr doesnt recognize warnings.....Are >>there any other fixes for this........ >> >>thanks >>hari ...

Re: Issue a message window if there is an error in the log #2
Hi, Richard's popup is elegant. If you wish to customize for getting answers from the user, here are a couple examples of the WINDOW/DISPLAY approach: http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0111C&L=sas-l&P=R1555 http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0507A&L=sas-l&P=R1066 http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0307C&L=sas-l&P=R25498 Hope this is helpful. Mark Terjeson Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R Russell Investment Group Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Richard A. DeVenezia Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 1:00 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Issue a message window if there is an error in the log Hari Nath wrote: > Hi all, > I looked back in the archives and wasnt able to find an > answer....Lets say if I run a program and there was an error/warning > in the log, then I want to make sas to warn me that i have an > error/warnings in my log (may be like a pop-up window using %window - > %display commands or may be another way). This may be useful if the > sas programs are run by non-sas users and they dont have any idea > about the log or program. Hope somebody can assist me in this > issue...... DM "POSTMESSAGE 'This is something to ponder.'"; -- Richard A. DeVenezia http://www.devenezia.com/ ...

Web resources about - Error message? - comp.windows.misc

Message - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A message is a discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or group of recipients. A message may ...

How a Perth SAS soldier’s spiritual message from beyond the grave changed lives - PerthNow Search Search ...
SOMETHING was telling Charlotte she had to go. She didn’t want to. She never left her cousin’s farm in the northwest of NSW before enjoying a ...

Barack Obama brings message of change to Cuba, meeting with Raul Castro
Brushing off decades of distrust, U.S. President Barack Obama and Cuban President Raul Castro shake hands in Havana's Palace of the Revolution, ...

OS X 10.11.4 is now available, Mac gains Live Photos on Messages + secure Notes & more
Apple has officially released the OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan update through the Mac App Store. The software update is available for all Macs capable ...

WhatsApp testing text formatting to include bold and italics in messages
The latest beta release of WhatsApp features some basic text formatting options including bold and italics. While features in beta versions of ...

The Fed's Hidden Message
Officials are strangely OK with low inflation. The U.S. Federal Reserve's latest economic projections contain an encoded message crucial to understanding ...

How 'deceptive' sponsored news articles could be tricking readers — even with a disclosure message
Most online publishers use some form of native advertising — ads that look like news stories — to grow revenue. It is accepted practice to declare ...

WATCH: Tom Izzo’s Emotional Message To Denzel Valentine After Michigan State’s Shocking Loss
"We just got beat," Izzo managed to croak out after a 90-81 loss to No. 15 seed Middle Tennessee State on Friday ended their pursuit far sooner ...

Foxx parlays personal story, message of change to big win
Chicago Tribune Foxx parlays personal story, message of change to big win Chicago Tribune Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez and challengers ...

What’s Taking So Long With that Email? Google Adds Smart Reply To Messages
Not sure how to reply to that email about your upcoming class reunion from Karen? Don’t worry your pretty little head, Google has apparently ...