Font Size on Generic Text Only Driver

A generic text only printer is connected to an EPSON TM-U230 Receipt
printer. The default font size is too small for cooks that have a bad
eye sight. Is there a way to increase the font size either in the font
selection panel or sending some kind of escape command in the printer
commands panel? The application does not use the EPSON printer driver
and we would rather have the generic device driver set the default font
size. Your help would be appreciated in this matter.

Andre
0
acorbei1 (6)
7/6/2004 11:37:00 PM
comp.windows.misc 3201 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

How to change font size and window size for a pop-up Message Window?
Hello, I am trying to display a very important message to alert our tester or any user when there is an emergency and they have to stop the test they are doing. I really desire to use larger message window/fonts to do this.I have tried Display Message To User and converted it to SubVI, but no luck yet. I thought SubVI might work. But when it's displayed, the original Pop-up Message Window sat right on the SubVI panel. When I then clicked OK to close the Message Window, it closed the SubVI panel as well.Are Text Indicator and its Visible Node the only way to make this happen? If yes, could someone teach me how to pause the program execution like Display Message To User when the program is waiting for user to click OK to continue?Thanks So Much!Shun Hello,   Why don't you create your own vi and customize it.   See the attached example made for you Main4.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/330856/1/Main4.vi messagebox.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/330856/2/messagebox.vi Hi Shun, i think you can�t change the text size of labview popup messages. As you said, you can use a sub vi with a string indicator. If you add an event structure into your sub vi it waits til the use press a button.Hope it helps.Mike ...

How to make sure that font style/size in graphics matches with text font/size?
Hi, I'm writing my phd thesis with pdfLaTeX (KOMA script package with "standard" serif fonts, 11 pt) and now have to create technical drawings, schemes and diagrams. (My thesis is about engineering, so there will have to be some technical drawings and sketches, flow charts and schemes, fotos and many many graphs... I'm writing on a PowerBook with OS X, but am also working on a PC with Windows XP.) I'm not sure what software to use to create (vector) graphics and how to ensure that font size and style look good with the text of the document... Should the text in the graphs also be a serif font or should it be sans serif as a contrast? Is there any tutorial how to layout graphics to look great with a LaTeX document)? Is there an easy way (GUI appreciated) to typeset some LaTeX text over an included photo? Martin p.s. I've already been surfing and procrastinating a lot reading reviews of different apps (xFig, WinFig, Corel Draw, OmniGraffle, Inkscape, ipe, j***Edit, ...) and I'm not really sure what would be the best tool... p.p.s. WARMreader (http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/WARM/) looks very interesting - might this be the tool of choice to label graphics?... Lvood wrote: > Is there an easy way (GUI appreciated) to typeset some LaTeX text over > an included photo? http://tug.org/PSTricks/main.cgi?file=Examples/overlay Herbert -- http://PSTricks.tug.org http://www.dante.de/CTAN/info/math/voss/ Lvood: > I'm not sure wha...

Windows XP "generic/text only" driver
I've got an ancient printer I'm trying to set up in Windows XP. Proper drivers for it in graphical mode never made it past the Windows 3.1 stage, so I'm using the Generic/text only driver. When I used to use Windows 95, I used to be able to use the "fonts" tab in the properties to enter the codes so I could print bold and underlined. I entered: bold on: <ESC>} bold off: <ESC>~ underline on: <ESC>i underline off: <ESC>j This works fine under Windows 95, but under Windows XP everything just prints out as plain unformatted ASCII text with no bold or underlining. I am guessing that WinXP is expecting the codes in a different format or something, but the help file is very vague, and I've tried a few obvious guesses without much luck. Does anyone know how I can do this? Many thanks. ...

Front end text formatting
Hi, I'm totally new to formatting in Mathematica. Please could someone help me make it so my default.nb does fractions that don't shrink in font size? Also, my table font is set to courier and the equations don't do italics as usual. How do I solve this? Many thanks well look hard for options - there are many that may help. here's a clue if you can't find any... on my box Mathematica doubles the Box height when I enter a faction and the fraction is the same size. try changing style sheets? Mine does that for Style Input but not Style Text. For style text the thing does get a double box size but still appears smaller StyleBox[FractionBox[x, y], FontSize -> 18] // DisplayForm shows it larger. there are a few ways you can wrap stylebox around every FractionBox whenever FractionBox is input or whenever it's output. see InputAutoReplacements for one way. Another way is to make FractionBox function yourself (call the orig. one but wrap it). Again there may be a Global Option for BoxData or RowBox I can't find that, using Style Text, chooses a bigger font. HOWEVER. If I change from Text style to Input it is changed: my 1/2 is fully double sized again automatically. ** I'd say pop open the Style Sheet and see where the difference is there ** sorry if that didn't help ...

Windows Font Size
I have found from experience and from posts to the group that a change to the Windows font size under Display Properties often trashes the appearance of forms in Access. Is there a way to programmatically check if the Windows font size had been changed by the user to something other than standard ie. 96 DPI. It would then be possible to display a message to the user when the database is opened detailing the possible adverse effects of using a non-standard font size. Any help appreciated. See whether what Randy Birch has at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/screen/screenfont.htm is what you're looking for. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Wayne" <cqdigital@volcanomail.com> wrote in message news:1110843729.059434.241450@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I have found from experience and from posts to the group that a change > to the Windows font size under Display Properties often trashes the > appearance of forms in Access. Is there a way to programmatically > check if the Windows font size had been changed by the user to > something other than standard ie. 96 DPI. It would then be possible to > display a message to the user when the database is opened detailing the > possible adverse effects of using a non-standard font size. > > Any help appreciated. > Thanks Doug. That is exactly what I was looking for. ...

Font, size and colors of text...
I am wondering if I can change font, size and colors of text, with awk? Tks Steph --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.522 / Virus Database: 320 - Release Date: 29/09/2003 Hello, On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 09:09:02 +0200, Stephane Collas wrote: > I am wondering if I can change font, size and colors of text, with awk? unfortunately, such a question cannot be answered. Sorry, Stepan Kasal In article <blog21$la4$1@news-reader4.wanadoo.fr>, Stephane Collas <stephane.collas@wanadoo.fr> wrote: % I am won...

Generic Windows Ethernet Drivers?
Does anybody know if there are any drivers for Ethernet cards for Windows that work pretty much universally (like with Linux standard drivers) I am setting up a backup server with a really old box, and don't have a clue what ethernet card I am using, or where to find the driver... Cheers for your help in advance, Best Regards Mark Starmer http://www.markstarmer.co.uk Stuartr@nospam.please (Stuart Robinson) wrote in message news:<memo.20030625113251.1176B@srnet.compulink.co.uk>... > Dont see how that would be possible, the hardware on ethernet cards is > dif...

change matlab workspace font size and editor font size
dear all I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do I do it? Thanks in advance, Thanks I have the suggestion in another question posted earlier. "langtran" <lang.tran@iom-world.org> wrote in message news:7795881.1207239680638.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org... > dear all > I wish to change the workspace font size and the editor font size. How do > I do it? > Thanks in advance, Open the Preference window using the Preferences menu item on the File menu. There is a Fonts item in the Preferences that will let ...

Font and size in controls and text
Is there anywhere where I can see a general rule for what fonts and sizes I should use for buttons, areas of text and so on in my app so that it fits in my other system applications? Apologies for all of the school boy style questions this afternoon, thanks for your help! Graeme In article <BE4E381B.2160%graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk>, Graeme Warren <graeme@memoblock.fsnet.co.uk> wrote: > Is there anywhere where I can see a general rule for what fonts and sizes I > should use for buttons, areas of text and so on in my app so that it fits in > my other syste...

size font on a text box
How can i change the size of font on a text box acording the number of character (>25 characters the font size 12 ) Something like this... Use the textbox's Exit event. Private Sub txtBox_Exit(Cancel As Integer) If Len(Me!txtBox) > 25 Then Me!txtBox.FontSize = 12 Else Me!txtBox.FontSize = 10 ' your default here End If End Sub "Themis Parintas ste kardias" <steka2@otenet.gr> wrote in message news:cilpru$k2v$1@usenet.otenet.gr... > How can i change the size of font on a text box acording the number of > character (>25 characters the font size 12 ) > > ...

Changing font size of text
Hi, I'm working with a rather large Simulink model and most of the blocks are put into subsystems. For a good overview I use masks to give each subsystem a name (I prefer this over the name under the block). If I use "fit the system to view" the text on the blocks becomes very small. Is there a way to change the font size of text with the drawing commands? ...

Figures captions font size bigger than font size used in document
Hi, I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it is possible - ???) how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize. While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size "normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size "footnotesize" Many work arounds were tried with the following commands, \floatingfigure \includegraphics \epsfig \minipage the web was searched and some books consulted with out success Best Regards On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 05:30:49 +0100, Lathe_Biosas <lathe_biosas@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I would kindly appreciate some help if someobody could show me (if it > is possible - ???) > how to give a figure a caption text of the same size that is used on > the text of the hole document currently set to footnotesize. > > While placing caption to figures the caption text is of the size > "normalsize" and it is desired to have a caption with font size > "footnotesize" > > Many work arounds were tried with the following commands, > \floatingfigure > \includegraphics > \epsfig > \minipage > > the web was searched and some books consulted with out success I think you will find the caption package a great relief then. Be sure to grab the latest version from CTAN, see <http://www.ctan.org/info?id=caption>. -- Morten Perfe...

How do I increase the font size in the command window?
How do I increase the font size in the command window? TIA, Greg "Greg Heath" <heath@alumni.brown.edu> wrote in message <lnvdq0$1vv$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > How do I increase the font size in the command window? > > TIA, > > Greg File -> Preferences then in the left pane select "Fonts" and here you can change the font size. Best regards, Marko "Marko Kolarek" <kolarek@gmail.com> wrote in message <lnvlqt$mt8$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>... > "Greg Heath" <heath@alumni.brown.ed...

Larger font size in the compose window?
Is it possible to increase the font in the compose window (reply/post/email) independently of other windows? I can read accurately enough at 8 point, and that gets a large amount in each window. But when it's *me* doing the typing, I prefer a larger font, to aid my noticing errors. In my previous post, I hadn't noticed that I'd spelled "ellipses" as "eliipses" until the spelling checker alerted me. Not all of my spelling mistakes are so benign. -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk Wrong group, obviously. -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk In comp.lang.javascript message <u1v5a7hl0hv80vvf3j4fb2s9dn3dhjig5i@4ax. com>, Sat, 22 Oct 2011 18:28:37, Swifty <steve.j.swift@gmail.com> posted: >Is it possible to increase the font in the compose window >(reply/post/email) independently of other windows? That depends on what software you are using. But you can always, I presume, compose in another program and copy'n'paste the completed work into that compose window for launching. If you do that in a textarea (or otherwise) of a local HTML page of your own construction, you have the full gamut of CSS & JavaScript to adjust what you see. And consider <http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-demos.htm#WHEd>. Note: on-topic answer. -- (c) John Stockton, nr London, UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike 6.05 WinXP. Web <http://ww...

Tk::Pod::Text font sizes
Hi, I figured I'd document my project in POD, and let the users view it via Tk::Pod::Text. It seems to work, but I've got complaints that the font for the normal text is too small, and I think I agree with that assessment. Looking at Text.pm, it looks like a couple calls to the zoom_in method might do the trick, but they don't seem to work properly, at least in my test code. Zoom out goes out so far that nothing is legible, zoom in doesn't seem to do much, and zoom_normal doesn't seem to do anything, even after major zoom-outs. Any clues as to get control...

Minimum font size in styled text
Eudora 4.3. I have a nice sharp monitor, set to 1200x1600 resolution. When receiving messages with styled text, often the font size is "tiny" (I expect that it would be OK if I used a lower resolution, but I'd rather not do that). Is there a Eudora setting that forces a minimum size without otherwise altering the font? I went through the list from TidBITS, but nothing looked applicable. thanks, Isaac Isaac Wingfield <isw@witzend.com> wrote: > Is there a Eudora setting that forces a minimum size without otherwise > altering the font? I went throu...

text widget and size embedded window
Hi ! How to stretch the embedded window to the size of the text-widget ? So that when you resize the text widget, changed and the size of the built-in window. ...

setting font size in tk window
Hi, I want to reduce the size of the font that my tk script is producing. I've looked at what info I have on the 'font' command but cant make anything of it - any help greatfully received Steve To create a named font: font create smallfont -family {Times New Roman} -size 10 -weight bold To use your named font in your widget: label .mylabel -text "Hi everybody" -font smallfont To find out which fonts are available (and what to call them in your code!): font families To specify a font without creating a named font: label .mylabel -text "Hi everybody" -font {{Times New Roman} 10 bold} Does that help some? Aric You can control font settings with [font create] command and can use it with [option add] if you want. The exampleS below shows you how: #### EXAMPLE 1 #### option add *font myCustomFont font create myCustomFont -family Arial -size 16 -weight normal -slant roman -underline 1 -overstrike 0 pack [label .1 -text {Example 1: My Font Settings Are Displayed Here}] #### EXAMPLE 2 #### font create myCustomFont -family Arial -size 16 -weight normal -slant roman -underline 1 -overstrike 0 pack [label .2 -font myCustomFont -text { Example 2: Without "option add" command}] Many thanks to those that replied - both worked very well - can understand your intructions better than the books I have ...

Font size of text when printing images
Hello i have the problem that when printing images from 2 different series out of one study to a paperprinter, the demographic datas do not have the same size for the images of the different studies. Question: Where in the dicomheader are these values to find (size and fonts of the demograhhics). Any other ideas of that behavior Thanks in advance for your help Martin Hi Moser, How did you print the demographic details? Where did you say that you want demographic details printed? moser martin wrote: > Hello > i have the problem that when printing images from 2 different series out of > one study to a paperprinter, the demographic datas do not have the same size > for the images of the different studies. > > Question: > Where in the dicomheader are these values to find (size and fonts of the > demograhhics). > > Any other ideas of that behavior > > Thanks in advance for your help > > Martin Hi Ramesh i did send the studies from a pacs displaystation to a printserver (hipax) where a paperprinter is connected to. There is no option to enable/disable demographic layouts for printing, it is just a dicom-print from a pacs displaystation. ramesh.s.raghavan@gmail.com schrieb: > Hi Moser, > > How did you print the demographic details? Where did you say that you > want demographic details printed? > > moser martin wrote: > > Hello > > i hav...

How to change font size in dialog window?
Hi all, I have some problem with dialog windows (x_message,x_mdialog) Default font size is too small.Is it possible to change it? thanks) scilab 5.1.1 so it is impossible?! ...

Font size: osx vs. windows
On my desktop computer, a mac using osx, the keys Command-+ and Command-- cause the current font on the screen to get larger (Cmd+) or smaller (Cmd-). Although I have a 24" monitor, I frequently use the keys to make the font large enough for my old tired eyes to be able to read comfortably. I recently purchased a netbook (12") to use mainly for travel. It uses Windows 7, and I cannot find the equivalent function, although it would be even more useful on my 12" screen as it is on my 24" screen. There is a "Magnifier" built it, but it goes in incremental steps that immediately make the font too large or too small. Does anyone know of an add-on that would give me a convenient screen font increase/decrease in Windows 7? Gary wrote on 18 Apr 2010 10:02:33 -0400: > On my desktop computer, a mac using osx, the keys Command-+ and > Command-- cause the current font on the screen to get larger (Cmd+) or > smaller (Cmd-). Although I have a 24" monitor, I frequently use the > keys to make the font large enough for my old tired eyes to be able to > read comfortably. > > I recently purchased a netbook (12") to use mainly for travel. It uses > Windows 7, and I cannot find the equivalent function, although it would > be even more useful on my 12" screen as it is on my 24" screen. There > is a "Magnifier" built it, but it goes in incremental steps that > immediately make th...

Emerald fonts
Hi there, I've installed the Emerald fonts [1] from CTAN, and have got them working on my system. An example such as the LaTeX Font catalogue's text example [2] works perfectly, but I can't work out for the life of me how to resize the font. I'm using this in the context of: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{emerald} \fontfamily{cmss}\fontsize{12pt}{13pt}\selectfont Here's the body of my text {\ECFAugie Some notes in the magin} Body text continues... \end{document} I wish to use cmss as my default font and Augie enclosed in a group only for short notes. Yet {\ECFAugie \fontsize(10pt) doesn't work as I'd hope} Thanks in advance for any pointers, Stroller. [1] http://ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/emerald/ [2] http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/augie/augie.tex Stroller <stroller@bigfoot.com> schrieb: > Hi there, > > I've installed the Emerald fonts [1] from CTAN, and have got them > working on my system. An example such as the LaTeX Font catalogue's > text example [2] works perfectly, but I can't work out for the life of > me how to resize the font. > > I'm using this in the context of: > > \documentclass{article} > \usepackage{emerald} > \fontfamily{cmss}\fontsize{12pt}{13pt}\selectfont > Here's the body of my text > {\ECFAugie Some notes in the magin} > Body text continues... > \end{document} > > I wish to use cmss as my default fo...

Differents font sizes for differents CLI windows
Hello fellow warpers, I'd like to have differents font size depending on the application that is running in a CMD windows. For example, for one program, I'd like to set the window to a 20x18 font size but for another, that would be a 10x8. Is that possible? TIA. -- Salut, Michel (sur OS/2 Warp 4.50) ICQ #13376913 http://pages.infinit.net/exovede Michel A Goyette writes: > I'd like to have differents font size depending on the application > that is running in a CMD windows. For example, for one program, I'd > like to set the window to...

Setting font size of text box in VBA
I want to be able to set the font size and font type for text in a text box on a report using VBA. I wan't to be able to control it from a setting in a table. The problem is that I don't know the syntax for setting either font type or font size for a text box on a report. Does anyone know? Help. Please! dixie ctlTextBox.Height = 1440 'size in twips: 1440 = 1 inch ctlTextBox.Width = 2880 'size in twips: 1440 = 1 inch 'so you can see the area covered by the textbox ctlTextBox.BackColor = RGB(255, 255, 0) ctlTextBox.FontSize = 20 ctlTextBox.FontName = "Comic Sans MS" changing the font size, name, bolding, means you may also need to change the size of the textbox correspondingly. 1 inch is 1440 twips John Bickmore www.BicycleCam.com www.Feed-Zone.com "dixie" <dixiec@dogmail.com> wrote in message news:C0%Jb.968$FD6.34284@nnrp1.ozemail.com.au... > I want to be able to set the font size and font type for text in a text box > on a report using VBA. I wan't to be able to control it from a setting in a > table. The problem is that I don't know the syntax for setting either font > type or font size for a text box on a report. Does anyone know? Help. > Please! > > dixie > > Dixie, In the Report's Detail Format event: If [SomeField] = "Something" Then [SomeField].FontName = "Ariel" [SomeControl].FontSize = "12" Else [SomeField].FontName = "...

Web resources about - Font Size on Generic Text Only Driver - comp.windows.misc

Generic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

File:Text-x-generic with pencil.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This file contains additional information, probably added from the digital camera or scanner used to create or digitize it.If the file has been ...

OraBrush Buys 1.1 Million “Kisses” Fans, Marketers Actively Bidding for Generic Facebook Pages
The folks at OraBrush , a company that makes tongue cleaners aimed at curing bad breath, let us know this morning that they have successfully ...

Generic Racer (@GenericRacer) on Twitter

Big Trivia Quiz - The generic knowledge game about everything on the App Store on iTunes
Get Big Trivia Quiz - The generic knowledge game about everything on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

generic beer can - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
any use of this image must credit kevin dean and direct a link to http://www.betaart.com

Generic Congressional Ballot: Democrats 41%, Republicans 40%
For the first time in roughly two-and-a-half years, Democrats lead Republicans on the Generic Congressional Ballot, this time for the week ending ...

How money is shaping Melbourne’s 'generic' apartments
The conservative lending practices of banks and financiers are contributing to a proliferation of &quot;generic&quot; one or two-bedroom apartments ...

CSIRO duped global drug firm with generic chemicals as 'secret formula'
The CSIRO has duped one of the world's biggest pharmaceutical companies into buying anti-counterfeit technology that could be easily compromised ...

ICANN Approves First Generic Top-Level Domains And They're Non-English
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is currently busy deciding the future of the internet in Durban, South Africa, ...