Getting rid of "language toolbar"

Something I installed also installed a "language toolbar".  I can get
rid of it, but it comes back with each reboot.  I've searched through
the "add/remove programs" and the "add/remove Windows components" and
can't seem to find anything about the language bar, or the "text
services" that apparently brought the language bar with it.

Anyone know how to get rid of this?

TIA,

Lisa
0
Lisa091704 (371)
10/14/2004 11:16:02 PM
comp.windows.misc 3202 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Try Ad-Aware SE & SpyBot S&D.  The combination of those usually will get rid
of that kind of junk.

  WT

"Lisa Horton" <Lisa091704@lisahorton.net> wrote in message
> Something I installed also installed a "language toolbar".  I can get
> rid of it, but it comes back with each reboot.  I've searched through
> the "add/remove programs" and the "add/remove Windows components" and
> can't seem to find anything about the language bar, or the "text
> services" that apparently brought the language bar with it.
>
> Anyone know how to get rid of this?
>
> TIA,
>
> Lisa

Your can try Browser Hijack Recover
Browser Hijack Recover(BHR) will scan your registry and fix IE
Homepage, IE Default Page, IE Search Page, BHOs, IE Menu, Internet
Options, IE Search Hooks, IE Toolbars, IE Context Menu, and registry.
Website http://www.wamasoft.com
or Download it from
http://www.download.com/Browser-Hijack-Recover/3000-8022_4-10328207.html?tag=lst-0-1

0
zheenma (3)

"out" and "in out"

why "::", not "."

about "++" and "--"

<script language="JavaScript" for="window">
What the for="window" is used for in the <script> tag? TIA Amir wrote: > What the for="window" is used for in the <script> tag? > TIA <url: http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/script.asp /> specifically: <url: http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/properties/htmlfor_0.asp /> Note that "This property is defined in World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Document Object Model (DOM) Level 2", however I'm not certain Gecko-based browsers honor <SCRIPT FOR="..." ..>. -- |...

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

How to get "burn" & "eject" option in window finder
I was looking at the G5's today at CompUSA. I currently own a dual 1.25G4 (MDD) and just installed Panther a couple weeks ago. After opening a folder on the G5 display I noticed that in the menu bar of the folder was the CD BURN icon and the CD eject icon. How do I get these options in my folder menu? Is this a G5 thing? We both had Panther 10.3.1. Thanks, ken In article <20031112220153.29149.00000161@mb-m10.aol.com>, k9660r@aol.comical (K9660R) wrote: > After opening a folder on the G5 display I noticed that in the menu bar of the > folder was the CD BURN icon and the C...

explain what does it mean"there is no attribute"fptype"or"dynamicanimation"or"language"
my website is http://www.access-provence.com and i submit it for validation with http://validator.w3.org yesterday. the results are : 1.there is no attribute "fptype" in line : <script language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation"> 2.required attribute "type" not specified in line :<script language="JavaScript" fptype="dynamicanimation"> 3.required attribute "type" not specified in line :<script language="JavaScript1.2" fptype="dynamicanimation" src=&qu...

Why "window.alert()" over "alert()"?
While reading c.l.j, I've noticed that some people prefer and indeed even recommend the use of "window.alert()" over "alert()". I can't find any technical reason to make this distinction, and seems to have a (tiny) amount overhead since window itself points to the global object, hence, a circular reference. (From everything I am reading, window is just a REFERENCE back to the global object, as opposed to a separate object.) Which brings me to two ideas: a) Either I am wrong, and window is really its own augmented object through a grammar I don't follow ...

"windows socket" and "datasocket"
I'm developing a LabVIEW application, that needs to communicate with another application, developed in C++. This C++ application uses windows socket. How can I communicate with this application? If I use the TCP functions in labVIEW I can communicate with this application? Thank you very much Esther.Lopez wrote: > I'm developing a LabVIEW application, that needs to communicate with > another application, developed in C++. This C++ application uses > windows socket. > How can I communicate with this application? If I use the TCP > functions in labVIEW I can communicate w...

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience working in UNIX environment. Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL) Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no to Karthik@bhaninfo.com. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com # 1572, 7 th Floor Suites, 1 Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River,NY-10965 www.bhaninfo.com ...

how to get rid of "today" "yesterday" etc bars in kmail 1.12.4?
Hi: I looked around in the setup of kmail, I googled but for the life of me I can't find any way to get rid of the superfluous and molesting bars which devide my message list into "today", "yesterday", "last week", "NAME OF MONTH". etc [rant] I am able to read the dates and sort against the dates column - yessir! I don't want such "Outlook-Mania for dummies". Oh wait! Maybe it's not for dummies - 'cause dummies aren't able to get rid of it. [rant] And yes, I would like to stay with kmail. Kind regards, Eike -- "T...

puts "\\".gsub("\\", "\\\\")

Gary Sokolich """"""

Question about "sprintf" "@" "do for"

Can I get "My Document", "Desktop" and "Favourite" folder dynamically?
In difference language of Windows, they have difference name, can I get them dynamically from java? Any API can do this? carfield@gmail.com wrote: > In difference language of Windows, they have difference name, can I get > them dynamically from java? Any API can do this? > I just now it from "My Documents". This is the System Property "user.home". Because i am using Linux with the "windowmaker" Desktop, I have no Idea, what the other two ("Desktop", and "Favourite") could mean. Probably theese two are MsWindows specific ?? Phil...

WHERE did Joseph Smith get the terms "Mormon" and "Moroni" and "Cumorah" from???
Nick thinks he is a historian, and has his own kooky Victor von Frankenstein interpretation of how The Mormons holy "book of mormon" came into being. He is the only one in the world who thinks that Joseph smith actually had gold plates that were smuggled to the americas where he then translated them giving a coded history of Europe. Mormons including their founding prophet think Joe's supposed gold plates, which he said an angel gave to him, detailed a history of american indians. No one other than mormons believe that nonsense, but nick has a theory that only he can be stupid...

Get rid of "Add or remove buttons" dropdown menu on custom toolbar
Access 2000 and 2003. I have made a custom toolbar to allow users to filter by form, etc. The only things I want to appear on that toolbar are the 3 buttons to control filtering. At the right end of the toolbar there is a little arrow pointing down, and if the user clicks it, it says "Add or Remove buttons." I tried the properties, etc., but can see no where to get rid of this command. I have the toolbar set to allow no changes, so hypothetically the users can't do anything anyway, but I don't even want them to know it is an option. Is there a more general option I need to change somewhere? Thank you, Nicole You need to use a menu bar, and not a tool bar if you want to get rid of that. just change your tool bar to a menu bar. Doc it up top, and then turn off the allow moving, re-sizing etc. You will get a resulting standard windows menu that most applications have. You can see some screen shots of menus I made here: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/Articles/UseAbility/UserFriendly.htm -- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP) Edmonton, Alberta Canada pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal Thank you, I will try that! Nicole ...

why have both "." and "->" ?
I used to remember why c++ needed both ? Could somebody help me here ? For example class A{ f(); }; A* aa; You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++ need both operators. Raj "raj" <rajkumar@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:d7fee6d0.0406230748.694b966b@posting.google.com... > I used to remember why c++ needed both ? > Could somebody help me here ? > > For example > > class A{ > f(); > }; > > A* aa; > > You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++...

Windows 8 -- "disjointed" "schizophrenic"
The conclusion of the article on Windows 8... ~~ There are two franchises about which most folks who have known me for any duration of time will conclude I am a loyal fan, despite all the headaches and the miserable episodes. But between Windows 8 and the 2009 Star Trek movie, it is the latter which displays the greatest continuity with its predecessors. And that is saying something. There is a new, vast, and potentially loyal group of users who are just now being introduced to a higher plane of technology by way of tablets and multitouch PCs. If Microsoft seriously intends to meet these new users with a schizophrenic, disjointed, loose assembly of dead ends that is anywhere near the state of the current Windows 8 Consumer Preview, then it will lose those users and it will never get them back. This is where the future of Windows either finally comes together or completely falls apart. ~~ http://snipurl.com/22nmew7 What a mess. -- RonB Registered Linux User #498581 CentOS 5.7 or VectorLinux Deluxe 6.0 or Linux Mint 10 RonB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties: > The conclusion of the article on Windows 8... > > ~~ > There are two franchises about which most folks who have known me for any > duration of time will conclude I am a loyal fan, despite all the headaches > and the miserable episodes. But between Windows 8 and the 2009 Star Trek > movie, it is the latter which displays the greatest continuity with its > pre...

Getting rid of the "Getting Started with Access" page
Anybody know how to prevent the annoying Access 2007 "Getting Started with Access" page from showing up when the database is closed using DoCmd.Quit? My database is used in a terminal server environment and I need to be able to prevent users from creating new databases or opening existing ones using that page. Thanks! On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:07:44 -0700 (PDT), evenlater <evancater@gmail.com> wrote: That page does not show up for me when I close my app using DoCmd.Quit. Rather the desktop appears which was previously covered by Access. You may mean at startup time. If so, just provide a shortcut to your application: access will load and immediately open your app, bypassing this page. Users would still be able to navigate back to it if they really wanted, but perhaps out of sight is out of mind. -Tom. >Anybody know how to prevent the annoying Access 2007 "Getting Started >with Access" page from showing up when the database is closed using >DoCmd.Quit? My database is used in a terminal server environment and I >need to be able to prevent users from creating new databases or >opening existing ones using that page. > >Thanks! Are you using Access 2007? I am already using a shortcut to open the app (in fact, I have to because I'm using an mdw file) and I don't see that page until the user closes Access with DoCmd.Quit. However, when I use the X button in the upper right corner, the "getting started" page doesn&#...

how can i get "mosy" and "postmosy"
I'm attempting to compile a very old software package. The makefile requires "mosy" and "postmosy", which appear to be SNMP utilities. But I can't find them on Internet, how can i get these tools? Can you help me ? Thanks a lot! mosy and postmosy should be utilities of the SNMP Emanate SDK framework. Giampiero. wsfd311@gmail.com ha scritto: > I'm attempting to compile a very old software package. The makefile > requires "mosy" and "postmosy", which appear to be SNMP utilities. > But I can't find them on Internet, ...

"==" is NOT TRUE "==", WHY?
[CODE START] x=5; y=8; if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) a = 3 else a = 8 end [CODE END] When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. Why? Kindly advise. Thanks. "onemilimeter Chen" <onemm@example.com> wrote in message <g7adrj$5tr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > [CODE START] > x=5; > y=8; > if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) > a = 3 > else > a = 8 > end > [CODE END] > > When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. > When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. > > Why? ...

g77/f77 flags to get rid of "Type disagreement" and "Invalid specifier in FORMAT" for ancient fortran code
Hi, I'm trying to compile a piece of ancient FORTRAN code on Linux, with g77 and f77, they complained about "Type disagreement" and "Invalid specifier in FORMAT": ------------------------------------- ACTB = ' ' 1 2 Type disagreement between expressions at (1) and (2) 21 FORMAT(4F10.0,8I,3F) ^ Invalid I specifier in FORMAT statement at (^) -- correct form: [r]Iw.[m] 21 FORMAT(4F10.0,8I,3F) ^ Invalid F specifier in FORMAT statement at (^) -- correct form: [r]...

Web resources about - Getting rid of "language toolbar" - comp.windows.misc