I have a windows me laptop and I need to install windows 95. help please!

Hello,

I have a running windows me laptop that I am testing with and need to
be able to install 95. Is there a way I can do this?

comp.windows.misc 3202 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Yes, you can erase the disk (fdisk), and then do a clean install of 95.
 I'm pretty sure that would be the best way.

Keep in mind that you are going backwards in operating systems, so you
will loose data.

I hope this helps.

Peace!!!

0
SBlaise (3)

Howto Capture A Window In X-windows? Please Help
his is for a private open-source project I am currently working on. I want to do the following things: 1. Execute an X-program on an X-server 2. Resize(rescale) the program-window of the X-progam to any desired scale x-length and y-length wise USING an external program. So i need to write software that rescales windows belonging to an external X-application. 3. Controlling the program (mouse/keyboard emulation) in performing certain actions, normally invoked by an active user 4. Capturing the graphics output of the program so I can use algorithms to smoothly rescale them to fixed-resulot...

windows 95 drivers with Windows ME
I just updated to Windows ME from Windows 95. (Old computer, not enough power for Windows XP.) Initially, things were fine. However, after having to reboot several times while trying to install DSL software, the system.ini file got permanently trashed (probably my fault in picking the wrong restore file when running "scanreg /restore".) I had to resort to reinstalling Windows ME. After the reinstall, I can only run in 640 X 480 resolution, 16 colors. After the initial upgrade to Windows ME, I was running at 1152 X 865, 256 colors like I did under Windows 95. I reinstalled the graphics driver, but everytime I change the resolution and reboot, it still comes up in 640 X 480, 16 colors. My modem still works fine, so that driver did not get trashed. The graphics board company (NumberNine) went out of business, so the latest drivers are for Windows 95. Any suggestions of how I can get back to a higher resolution ? Thanks. i take it you've tried driver guide just in case ( http://www.driverguide.com Login : temp Password : 512 , the login is if ya dont wanna sign up) maby someone else knows a subsitute. Else try reinstalling win95 and then upgrading to ME again. Same thing happened to me in a Win98 to XP upgrade! Tarl My read on your description of the problem: You can change to the desired resolution but it will not keep that setting once you leave the "Display" section under the Control Panel. I have not used ME but I ran in...

HELP: need to customize the size of the window.open window for different links
Hi - thanks for reading this out there! I'll be quick about it: I've got this row of images (in the end there will be more rows of pics as well). When a user clicks on the image, I want a new window to open with a larger version of the image. I want that new window to be customized to the size of the new larger image. Also, when users go back to see other images in their larger size, I want the new window (assuming they never closed the first one) to come back to the front. I've only gotten as far as getting the larger images to open in a new window at a set size in the functi...

opening new window in one window using Tkinter -- Help please
Hi,... I meant to write an application where there is a button in a window and when you click on the button, it will open a new window, but I want the first window to close, replaced by the second window. I open a login window and start the mainloop, when the user click on the login button, the __call__ function of VerifyProcessor is executed and it will call the new window which is the file manager window The thing is,.. I don't know how to exit the first mainloop and then display the second window...I even tried calling the mainloop again but a weird thing happens. I really need help bec...

Windows, Windows everywhere
where do I see Windows? In my car (GPS) In my house (3 laptops) In my banks (all 3 of them where I bank) In the grocery stores (Point of Sale systems) In the airport (reservations and ticketing) In the doctor's office (appointments and bookkeeping) In my dentist's office (appointments and bookkeeping) At the car dealership (repair shop reservations and billing) At the Vail lift ticket sales window (Point of Sale systems) In my customer's offices (enterprise apps) In the university (faculty, students and administration) in other words, everywhere. Where do I see Macs? A few lonely laptops... Must be that 97% of the world is totally stupid and only 3% is "enlightened". TT In article <32d29944-0164-4716-927e-2be8386d6c0b@s20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>, Tommy Troll <tom_elam@earthlink.net> wrote: > Where do I see Windows? > > In my car (GPS) > In my house (3 laptops) > In my banks (all 3 of them where I bank) > In the grocery stores (Point of Sale systems) > In the airport (reservations and ticketing) > In the doctor's office (appointments and bookkeeping) > In my dentist's office (appointments and bookkeeping) > At the car dealership (repair shop reservations and billing) > At the Vail lift ticket sales window (Point of Sale systems) > In my customer's offices (enterprise apps) > In the university (faculty, students and administration) > > In other words, everywhere. > > ...

Windows is named Windows : But Why?
http://thehmccompany.com/2015/06/19/windows-is-named-windows-but-why/ Quoting from the URL above: The following was taken from a Microsoft corporate blog designed to document the history of Microsoft. When I joined Microsoft as Vice President of Corporate Communications, I came from the cosmetics / skin care industry where perception (branding) was far more important than reality. The branding strategy for Microsoft Corporation & the specific names for the products (which was part of the company branding strategy) came from the original branding strategy ...

Docking windows... in Windows
I'm using the Windows version in Windows 7. There's an option in each window to "Lock tab to dock", but I don't see anything occurring. They just sit there and float like they were before. What behavior should be occurring, and what if anything am I doing wrong? Also, has anyone used a recent version of Visual Studio? I like how you can drag a window to one of the edges of the screen or leave it floating. The user interface for dragging the windows is also real easy to use and makes everything real obvious and clear to the user. ...

window-handlers on windows
hi (this is my first post to this ng; so if it is the wrong ng, please direct me to the one i need...) my problem not necessarily bound to C++ (but could also be C), but since my application is in C++, i post it here. i want to draw from application A into a window that has been created by an application B (in my case: i want to render an openGL-scene into a a browser-window) under linux i can get a handle of type "Window" from the Xserver, into which i can draw (assumed that i have permissions) under windows the only such handle i have found is HWND, which is a pointer to a ...

From Windows to Ubuntu to Fedora, No need for Windows again!
New At Linux ,----[ Quote ] | My friends were talking about Linux and how it overpowers windows. They | told me to try it out | Since I got a new laptop with Vista x64 I followed their advice and used | Ubuntu. | As soon as I looked at the live install, i was like, this theme isn't for | me. (I know I could change it but that would kill the original developers | vision of the linux distro theme) Everything was fine, then I found it had | really old software =( firefox that hasn't been updated to the latest 3.5 | and some other proggys. | Eventually I got that feeling where I need seriously get another linux | distro, (like this doesn't feel like home) so I looked around the net and | found Fedora. | | [...] | | I like Pidgin since I can add all my services together AIM/MSN and so on. | and talk to all my buddies without having AIM/MSN proggys on at the same | time on Windows. | no More windows explorer errors and some other problems. | | [...] | | Everything works great, RPMfusion was needed for wireless drivers and | fixing up my alsabase.conf for my dell studio sound. So far everything is | perfect for a normal home user like me. | | [...] | | Also my dell says my laptop is eligible for Windows 7 free upgrade. I will | pass. =P windows isn't needed for me at all. `---- http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=229562 Choice is great! -- KDE 4.3.1 user On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:56:31 +0100, Tony Manco wrote: > New At Linux > >...

Dialog windows and Data windows help
Hi I am trying to develop a simple bingo calling system ( from 1 to 90 ) My main window consists of 2 pushbuttons called start & stop and a singleline edit field called CALLEDNUM. When i press the START button the system should begin to automatically display and call out numbers until the STOP button is pressed and then resume when the START button is pressed again. METHOD STARTBUTTON( ) CLASS BINGO local nPos, nCurrent as usual // get a random number from uncalled array- initially 90 numbers Rand( Seconds() ) do while Len( aUncalled) > 0 nPos := Integ...

Deploytool help please: Can't get standalone Windows GUI without DOS window
Hi Everyone, I have created a matlab GUI for my program and would like to deploy it as a stand alone application for Windows. - Unfortunately, a DOS window appears when I use the Deploytool to do this. Is there a way I can create a standalone windows version that doesn't have this DOS window come up? - As it stands, the DOS window look sufficiently unprofessional that I'll have to look into an alternative development platform if I can't suppress it. I figure there must be a way (even if I have to start importing things into Visual Studio), but, I really don't have any ide...

Help! Window user needs help installing ruby 1.9 on mac
I just purchased a new macbook pro and would like to install ruby 1.9, but I'm having trouble installing, can someone please provide the easiest steps to install ruby 1.9 please? Thanks -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.] Install macports. Then: sudo port install ruby19 Should do it. Ben On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 6:55 AM, Zayd Connor <devrubygem@gmail.com> wrote: > I just purchased a new macbook pro and would like to install ruby 1.9, > but I'm having trouble installing, can someone please prov...

Windows NT vs Windows 2000 vs Windows XP
Hi, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to computers. I posted in another thread that I just purchased a used computer for close to nothing. I have an old windows NT workstation which I plan on installing. My question is : A friend of mine can sell me a Windows 2000 or Windows XP license for cheap. Is there any reason I need to spend $40 to buy any one of these two operating systems for an old Pentium II computer, instead of a free windows NT workstation system that I already have ? For general home use : access internet, typing documents, etc, is there any difference in us...

Please help with windows 95 floppy
I have an old Pentium 1 laptop which used to run windows 95. It rcently crashed and I was trying to reinstall windows 95. When I inserted disk 2 it said it was corrupted. All i am asking is for someone to tell me where to get get disk 2. I have a cd-key, i have all the other disks and will gladly send you proof if you do not believe. My lap top does not have cd-rom support so using windows 95 CD is not an option. I just need dist 2. Thanks for reading this. See if this is useful. http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q136/1/11.asp Ben Michael Rosales <toxik_tear@...

OT: Windows Help (Windows .dll error)
Hello _all_ , I am sorry for posting this topic here as I am not sure where to post it. I googled a lot still was not sure where to download a .dll for this error ( any trusted website to download .dll files) . Recently I have deleted couple of programs from my personnel laptop, I do not know in that process I have deleted something that is resulting in a windows error Pop up "bcmwltry.exe -Ordinal Not found ---- The Oridinal 968 could not be located in the dynamic link Library LIBEAY32.dll ". Does any body have seen this error if so how did you make it go thanks SL ...

Windows XP Pro $49.95 Windows

Re: Windows Help (Windows .dll error)
> -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On > Behalf Of SAS_learner > Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 7:46 PM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: OT: Windows Help (Windows .dll error) > > Hello _all_ , > > I am sorry for posting this topic here as I am not sure where > to post it. I > googled a lot still was not sure where to download a .dll > for this error ( > any trusted website to download .dll files) . > > Recently I have deleted couple of programs from my personnel > laptop, I do > not know in that process I have deleted something that is > resulting in a > windows error Pop up "bcmwltry.exe -Ordinal Not found ---- > The Oridinal 968 > could not be located in the dynamic link Library LIBEAY32.dll > ". Does any > body have seen this error if so how did you make it go > > > thanks > SL I haven't seen that error, but libeay32.dll exists on my WinXP system as part of the ZoneAlarm antivirus package. Hope this is helpful, Dan Daniel Nordlund Bothell, WA USA ...

show windows get window text? Help
Hey all I read a tut.. on Get windows and show windows in notepad and how to send messages on it I am weary on it can any of you help me understand it better some how in just confused about it -- Frank R. Jr. ...

windows 98Se and windows XP network help
I have a simple network involving a PC on XP and a laptop on 98SE being connected together via a ethernet switch. They can both each other's adress and get a reply via the command prompt, but neither can see the other in network neighbourhood. Any ideas?? Thanks Edward Fixed this too. edwardmluk@hotmail.com (Edward) wrote in message news:<5e8d667.0312300617.507186ac@posting.google.com>... > I have a simple network involving a PC on XP and a laptop on 98SE > being connected together via a ethernet switch. They can both each > other's adress and get a repl...

VB6 and Windows Installer problem on Windows 2000
Hi, I've got Visual Studio 6.0 sp5 installed on a Toshiba laptop running Windows 2000 pro. Whenever I start Visual Basic, Windows Installer starts up and tries to install some unknown component, after clicking cancel Visual Basic hangs up. Help!!! Thanks, McFly Thanks anyway, A key in the windows registry was missing for some MS Office component. The Event Viewer gave the clue to solve this problem. I don't know why vb was triggering that event. Regards, McFly. ...

=?windows-1256?B?yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0g==?= =?windows-1256?B?48fh3yDm5sfP7CDPzOHJIN3sIOTlx8bsIN/D0yDj1dEg?= =?windows-1256?B?x+Ht5uMgx+HTyMogOS8xMS8yMDEzIObH4d7k5sfKIMfh5Mfe?= =?window
yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0uPH4d8g5ubHz+wgz8zhySDd7CDk5cfG7CDfw9Mg 49XRIMfh7ebjIMfh08jKIDkvMTEvMjAxMyDmx+He5ObHyiDH4eTH3uHJCgpodHRwOi8vbmF0aWdh YXM3YWIuY29tLz9wPTU4OA== On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 23:12:07 -0800, بيثصس wrote: > 9/11/2013 Not only did you get the year wrong, it's the wrong group! May your woman betray you, your son be gay, and your daughter screw pigs for a living. Now go eat some pork and choke on it, like a good little terrorist. -- See what happens when you switch the googlegrouper filter off. Shudders! I'll turn it back on right now. ...

=?windows-1256?B?yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0g==?= =?windows-1256?B?48fh3yDm5sfP7CDPzOHJIN3sIOTlx8bsIN/D0yDj1dEg?= =?windows-1256?B?x+Ht5uMgx+HTyMogOS8xMS8yMDEzIObH4d7k5sfKIMfh5Mfe?= =?window
yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0uPH4d8g5ubHz+wgz8zhySDd7CDk5cfG7CDfw9Mg 49XRIMfh7ebjIMfh08jKIDkvMTEvMjAxMyDmx+He5ObHyiDH4eTH3uHJCgpodHRwOi8vbmF0aWdh YXM3YWIuY29tLz9wPTU4OA== ...

=?windows-1256?B?yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0g==?= =?windows-1256?B?48fh3yDm5sfP7CDPzOHJIN3sIOTlx8bsIN/D0yDj1dEg?= =?windows-1256?B?x+Ht5uMgx+HTyMogOS8xMS8yMDEzIObH4d7k5sfKIMfh5Mfe?= =?window
yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0uPH4d8g5ubHz+wgz8zhySDd7CDk5cfG7CDfw9Mg 49XRIMfh7ebjIMfh08jKIDkvMTEvMjAxMyDmx+He5ObHyiDH4eTH3uHJCgpodHRwOi8vbmF0aWdh YXM3YWIuY29tLz9wPTU4OA== ...

Please help install DBI on a Windows systems...
I'm very frustrated because I've just spent the past few hours in the middle of the night (the sun is already up) trying to figure out how to install DBI for MySQL for Ruby on a Windows system and just failing horribly. You'd think it would be as simple as moving some files to the proper directory and having everything "just work." Indeed, if it's more complicated than that then I think someone screwed up. Anyway, how the hell do I get this thing to work? Thank you... > I'm very frustrated because I've just spent the past few hours...

Web resources about - I have a windows me laptop and I need to install windows 95. help please! - comp.windows.misc

The Windows Blog

Apple announces 9.7 inch iPad Pro, targeting existing iPad and Windows users
As part of its media event, Apple has announced a new 9.7 inch version of the iPad Pro from $599 . It features much of the same internals as ...

This is Android N’s freeform window mode
"Freeform Window Mode" running on the Android N Developer Preview. 11 more images in gallery Last week we wrote about the " Freeform Window ...

Manage, move and resize your desktop windows with WinDock
... behave just as it always did. If you don’t need WinDock’s configurability, AquaSnap delivers improved snapping, and a lot of extras: window ...

The only Windows 10 tablet you should even consider is now cheaper than ever
... means people who have purchased it over the past nine months have spent their money wisely. On the other hand, it means that Microsoft's Windows ...

Apple thinks you'll replace your Windows PC with one of its new iPads
... isn't shy about using it to steal away Microsoft users. "You might not know this, but the majority of iPad Pro users are coming from a Windows ...

What to expect from Windows 10 migrations
Process changes spurred by Windows 10 servicing model will test IT more than tech-related migration issues.

Android N has a “Freeform” Desktop-Style Floating App Window Mode
As it turns out, Google’s Multi-Window in Android N isn’t the only new multi-tasking functionality the Android team has added. If you read closely ...