Need help with computer problem

Here's my problem: Sometimes webpages open fine and other times they
won't open. At the bottom of the screen it will say "Done" but it will
only be a blank white window. When I am able to get a webpage open,
there are times when I can't open a link on that page; it will only
open a blank window. I can't open links sent to me via email. To try
to end run around that problem, I copy the URL for the link and try to
paste it into the address space but the pull down menu won't give me
the option to paste. Sometimes when I try to open a link in my email
it even locks up the computer and I have to close Outlook using the
task manager. There will be times when my computer won't print an
email or a webpage (although I know the printer is fine and there are
no connection problems). And, occasionally, I will get a message that
says "not enough memory". This all just started in the last week and
the only way to fix it is to do a restart (but this is only temporary;
it will only start doing it all over again). I'm not much of a
computer whiz at all so any suggestions to fix this problem would be
appreciated. This is happening on a computer where I am running
Windows 2000 Professional/Explorer 6. Thank you.
0
imlswan (1)
1/6/2004 6:54:47 PM
comp.windows.misc 3202 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

try posting more groups e.g comp.windows.misc, comp.os.ms-windows,
comp.os.ms-windows.misc.

Get someone and check for virus.

Web resources about - Need help with computer problem - comp.windows.misc

Computer Show

Computer's Go victory is a warning about the AI in our lives
Landmark event in artificial intelligence wasn't due to an increase in computing power, but a new way for computers to make decisions based on ...

Remarkable nanowires could let computers of the future grow their own chips
If you’re worried that artificial intelligence will take over the world now that computers are powerful enough to outsmart humans at incredibly ...

Accidentally Typing “.om” Instead of “.com” Puts Your Computer At Risk For Malware
We’ve all done it: typed too quickly and gone to Amazonco.m, Netfli.xcom, or countless other incorrect URLs. These goofs often lead to harmless ...

Students finally get their hands on the BBC's Micro:bit computer
The BBC has begun delivering its tiny Micro:bit programmable computers to students today, with every Year 7 in the UK due to receive theirs over ...

Don’t Forget Humans Created The Computer Program That Can Beat Humans At Go
Humankind is licking its wounds after its latest defeat at the “hands” of artificial intelligence. Over the past week, AlphaGo, a computer program ...

The First Tweet, Movie Screening, Sound Recording, And Computer Chip: This Week In Tech History
The First Tweet, Movie Screening, Sound Recording, And Computer Chip: This Week In Tech History

Tencent's security team wins global computer hacking contest
gbtimes Tencent's security team wins global computer hacking contest gbtimes Chinese internet giant Tencent's security team has won the 2016 ...