Resolve Internet Explorer 9 Did Not Finish Installing Error

Internet Explorer 9 just released by Microsoft yesterday, some of the
users may face issue showing error message below and the installation
of internet Explorer 9 did not finish during setup.

    Internet Explorer Did Not Finish Installing
    Setup can=92 continue because a more recent version of Internet
Explorer is installed on your computer.

This issue caused by beta, preview build or RC build of Internet
Explorer 9 installed on system to prevent final version installation.

A very first step to troubleshoot this error message is to check
whether you have previously installed beta, preview build or RC build
of Internet Explorer 9. Go to Control Panel > Uninstall a Program >
third party software listing and in Installed Updates to see if an
earlier build of Internet Explorer 9 is listed there.

Follow below instruction to uninstall Internet Explorer 9:

1. Start button, type Programs and Features in the search box, and
then click =93View installed updates=94 in the left pane.

2. Under =93Uninstall an update=94, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows
section.

3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then
when prompted click Yes.

4. Click one of the following:

* Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer
9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

* Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your
computer).

If you are using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit system, you may still
face problem with similar error message when you run the Internet
Explorer 9 setup after perform uninstallation steps above.

Refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base entry 2409098, suggested to run the
Internet Explorer 9 setup with administrative privileges by right-
click on IE9-Windows7-x64-enu.exe and select on Run as Administrator
to resolve this error.

Regards,
alex
http://www.pupuweb.com/blog/resolve-internet-explorer-9-did-not-finish-inst=
alling-error/
0
pupuweb
3/15/2011 2:35:25 PM
comp.windows.misc 3201 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Thanks for this post, i will try that.
I did all these steps but does not work for me, however finally i got the solution for that and i got rid of this problem.and now i would like share this to all.
please open this below solution i hope that would be work for you. because it has worked for me.
Solved
http://www.techsupportall.com/how-do-i-fix-internet-explorer-did-not-finish-installing/

Many thanks to www.Techsupportall.com
After I had tried to install IE 10 the first time it just stopped working w=
hile it was "configuring Windows - Do not turn of" so I had to do a hard re=
set of the PC. After this I was not able to install IE10, and kept receivin=
g: 'Internet Explorer Did Not Finish Installing'. After 3 hours of testing =
I found a solution (which I could not find anywhere online)!

Solution:
Booted in to Safe Mode and run the installer there. It installed with no er=
rors.
0
emilskibsted
8/28/2014 6:57:38 AM
> Booted in to Safe Mode and run the installer there. It installed with no errors.

Whatta ya know, it worked. Thanks!
0
the

Windows Explorer and Windows Internet Explorer crashing
My Windows Explorer and Windows Internet Explorer keep on crashing. All the other programs on my pc are fine except for these two. I am running W2K SP4. I initially thought that it could be SP4 but it does exactly the same on SP3. I got ride of Symantec software and replaced this by McAfee without any result. I also reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled W2K but this did not help either. Anyone any ideas ? On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 03:52:34 -0800, bas alberink wrote: > My Windows Explorer and Windows Internet Explorer keep on crashing. > All the other programs on my pc are fine...

installed 9.3, uninstalled 9.2 --> now batch submit (all sas related) is missing from windows explorer (right mouse()
I just installed sas 9.3, checked to make sure properly worked (it did) and then proceeded to uninstall SAS 9.2. once finished, open windows explorer, found *.sas file, right-click on mouse to bring up window, NO BATCH SUBMIT! am unable to find info to get batch submit back. tried the utilites/file management tool -- unable to make changes there due to some registry problem thanks in advance shan On Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:23:37 AM UTC+5:30, Shan Putnam wrote: > I just installed sas 9.3, checked to make sure properly worked (it did) and then proceeded to uninstall SAS 9.2. once finished, open windows explorer, found *.sas file, right-click on mouse to bring up window, NO BATCH SUBMIT! > > > > am unable to find info to get batch submit back. tried the utilites/file management tool -- unable to make changes there due to some registry problem > > > > thanks in advance > > > > shan Hi Shan, My self Suresh from India working as SAS EBI Admin having 5 years of IT exep in that 2 years SAS EBI Admin... Could you share some of technical knowledge about SAS EBI 9.3 Admin please Thanks, Suresh On 11/13/2012 8:37 PM, gsureshks@gmail.com wrote: > On Sunday, November 11, 2012 4:23:37 AM UTC+5:30, Shan Putnam wrote: >> I just installed sas 9.3, checked to make sure properly worked (it did) and then proceeded to uninstall SAS 9.2. once finished, open windows explorer, found *.sas fil...

When is Internet Explorer NOT Internet Explorer?
T'other day I was bored on t'bus, and decided to do some surfing using my cellphone and Google's WAP service. So imagine my surprise when the site I visited said that I was using Internet Explorer, and that I'd be much better off using Firefox. FYI, when I'm browsing with my laptop, I use Firefox. When browsing via my mobile phone I usually use my Nokia 3220's built-in WAP browser. Not, I repeat NOT IE. Is this the Big Lie? Or a little one? Either way, it's UNTRUE!! __/ [ Da'Punk-A ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 12:17 \__ > T'other day I was bo...

Internet Explorer Separated from Windows Explorer
http://www.businessweek.com/mediacenter/podcasts/techmaven/techandu_03_09_06.htm No, it's not intended to open competition and facilitate uninstallation of IE. It is security-driven. On 2006-03-22, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> posted something concerning: > http://www.businessweek.com/mediacenter/podcasts/techmaven/techandu_03_09_06.htm > > No, it's not intended to open competition and facilitate uninstallation of > IE. It is security-driven. This has to be a lie. They swore in court, under oath, that it's all inseparable. -- Windows: Microsof...

Internet Explorer 9 Users Twice on Windows 7 in Prior Month
I Found the latest technology news about Internet Explorer 9 and i want to share with you Internet Explorer (IE) 9 will soon pass the 10% handling share on Windows 7, considering the newest iteration of IE=92s escalation because of launch in mid-March 2011. For more information read here : http://techblog.weblineindia.com/news/internet-explorer-9-users-twice-on-wi= ndows-7-in-prior-month ...

LLBs opening in Internet Explorer not Windows Explorer
Labiew 7: &nbsp; Having enabled the option "Enable Windows Explorer for LLB files", I've noticed that clicking LLB files actually opens the library in "Internet Explorer" rather than the "Windows Explorer", which is a minor nuisance. &nbsp; Does anyone know why this might be, and is there anything that can be done about it? &nbsp; I've checked the .llb file association and I can't see any way to change the "explorer" association. &nbsp; Note: I'm using LabVIEW 7 on Windows XP. Some time ago,&nbsp; when I was previously...

Windows installer error when installing fixpak 4
I have UDB ESE fixpak 2 installed on a Windows XP Pro machine. I downloaded ESE fixpak 3 (and fixpak 4) from the IBM Web site. When I run the fixpak 3 installer (or the fixpak 4 installer for that matter) I get the following error: "This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it or contact the vendor". I know the 500 meg fixpak file is valid because it installed correctly on another Windows XP machine. The account that I am using to do the install is a member of the Windows administrator group. Has anyone run into ...

how to install internet explorer?
i want to install a internet explorer in wine.but the installer told me that i have already install a internet explorer.what can i do? On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 09:10:55 -0800 (PST), xionglingfeng@gmail.com wrote: >i want to install a internet explorer in wine.but the installer told >me that i have already install a internet explorer.what can i do? You can't install Internet Explorer under Wine. See FAQ for details: http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ However, if what you want is to run Internet Explorer for testing websites and web applications, then do this: * install QEMU and ...

link errors when trying to install 9.2 client under Mandrake 9.2
I don't need to install all of Oracle, just the client parts. I found the installation docs for Mandrake 9.1 at Dizwell. I hope they work under MDK 9.2. I followed all of the setup for the oracle and dba groups and users and I've updated the oracle user .bashrc During the client install process I get this linking error: Error in invoking target ntcontab.o of makefile /u01/app/oracle/9i/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk Help! Jeff Fox <jfox@airmail.net> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.01.20.18.28.40.367445@airmail.net>... > I don't need to install all of Oracle, just the client parts. > I found the installation docs for Mandrake 9.1 at Dizwell. I hope they > work under MDK 9.2. > > I followed all of the setup for the oracle and dba groups and users and I've updated the oracle user .bashrc > > During the client install process I get this linking error: > Error in invoking target ntcontab.o of makefile /u01/app/oracle/9i/network/lib/ins_net_client.mk And because you (as everyone should), before posting to this newsgroup, wanted to solve your problem by only your effort without bothering us, you for sure tried to find out what was the problem with this file (e.g. if it existed, how looks that line in makefile etc.). So why you didn't share these information with us? -- Dusan Bolek ...

cookie problem in new window when browsing using file explorer not internet explorer
We have a webpage, which pops up a new window, prompting logged-in user to upload images. This works completely fine with regular internet explorer because we use cookie to verify if users are logged in or not. However, if somebody were browsing our website using windows' file explorer, not internet explorer, they have no problem be recognized via cookie when they browse to a regular page that needs loggin, but when they try to upload a image in the new pop up window, they will be told that they didn't login. Does anybody have any idea? Thanks. *** jiangcheng.bao@gmail.com wrote/e...

Errors installing on Windows..
I had already had Oracle installed which includes Apache. I tried to follow the installation instructions for installing the php plug, but keep getting errors, such as : [Wed Jun 14 12:16:12 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] [ecid: 10.#.##.##:####:###########, #] MOD_OC4J_0015: recv() returns 0. There has no message available to be received and oc4j has gracefully (orderly) closed the connection. [Wed Jun 14 12:16:12 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] [ecid: 10.#.##.##:####:###########, #] MOD_OC4J_0054: Failed to call network routine to receive an ajp13 message from oc4j. [Wed Jun 14 12:16:12 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] [ecid: 10.#.##.##:####:###########, #] MOD_OC4J_0033: Failed to receive an ajp13 message from oc4j. [Wed Jun 14 12:16:12 2006] [warn] [client 127.0.0.1] [ecid: 10.#.##.##:####:###########, #] MOD_OC4J_0078: Network connection errors happened to host: DA12172 and port: 3301 while receiving the first response from oc4j. This request is recoverable. [Wed Jun 14 12:16:13 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] [ecid: 10.#.##.##:####:###########, #] (10061)No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it: MOD_OC4J_0085: connect() returns: -1. [Wed Jun 14 12:16:13 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] [ecid: 10.#.##.##:####:###########, #] (10061)No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it: MOD_OC4J_0088: connect() returns error: -1. [Wed Jun 14 12:16:13 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] [ecid: 10.#.##.##:####:#####...

Error in installing Oracle 9i (9.0.1) on Redhat Linux 9
Hi, I am facing following problem in installing Oracle 9i on RHL 9 Error in invoking target install of makefile /home/oracle/product/9.0.1/plsql/ins_plsql.mk I have already tried the solution suggested for RHL 7.1/2/3 (editing genclntsh and removing -z defs and running this script). Even after this fix when I click Retry button I get the above error again. When I try to run genclntsh after removing "-z defs" I get this error. cp: cannot stat `/DISCARD/': No such file or directory Created /home/oracle/product/9.0.1/lib/libclntst9.a Any help will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards, Jitendra Agrawal. http://www.telemune.com/ ...

Setting file permission error on Oracle 9.2 installation on RedHat 9.0
Hi, On installing Oracle 9.2 on RedHat 9.0 and AS 2.1, I encounterd the same following error: Error in setting permissions on file/directory /opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8/LICENSE Could someone tell me why it happened and how to fix it? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks, Rob "Rob Green" <rgbg6808@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e050fe5b.0311040942.31347436@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > On installing Oracle 9.2 on RedHat 9.0 and AS 2.1, I encounterd the > same following error: > > Error in setting permissions on file/directory > /opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8/LICENSE > > Could someone tell me why it happened and how to fix it? Your help is > much appreciated. > > Thanks, > Rob Make sure oracle has write permissions to that directory. Usually /opt is owned by root, so to get around this make oracle part of the group that root has assigned to that directory. "paddy_nyr" <mpprpp@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<bo8tm8$1bqknp$1@ID-196946.news.uni-berlin.de>... > "Rob Green" <rgbg6808@hotmail.com> wrote in message > news:e050fe5b.0311040942.31347436@posting.google.com... > > Hi, > > > > On installing Oracle 9.2 on RedHat 9.0 and AS 2.1, I encounterd the > > same following error: > > > > Error in setting permissions on file/directory > > /opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8/LICENSE > > > > Could someone tell me why it happened and how to fix it...

Installing patchset 9.2.0.8 on 9.2.0.1 error
The following running services need to be shutdown before continuing: Automatic Updates Background Intelligent Transfer Server COM+ Event System Cryptographic Services DCOM Server Process Launcher DHCP Client DNS Client Distributed Link Tracking Client Error Reporting Service Help and Support Messenger Network Connections Network Location Awareness(NLA) Remote Access Connection Manager Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Remote Registry Secondary Logon Server Shell Hardware Detection System Event Notification System Restore Service TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper Task Scheduler Telephony Terminal Services Themes WebClient Windows Audio Windows Management Instrumentation Windows Time Wireless Zero Configuration Workstation What should I do, while installing patchset 9.2.0.8 on WINDOWS XP, I am getting above error. "peter" <hhh.database@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:1168424525.937552.232840@k58g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > The following running services need to be shutdown before continuing: > > Automatic Updates > Background Intelligent Transfer Server > COM+ Event System > Cryptographic Services > DCOM Server Process Launcher > DHCP Client > DNS Client > Distributed Link Tracking Client > Error Reporting Service > Help and Support > Messenger > Network Connections > Network Location Awareness(NLA) > Remote Access Connection Manager > Remote Procedure Call (RPC) > Remote Registry > Secondary Logon > Server ...

Setting file permission error on Oracle 9.2 installation on RedHat 9.0 #2
Hi, On installing Oracle 9.2 on RedHat 9.0 and AS 2.1, I encounterd the same following error: Error in setting permissions on file/directory /opt/oracle/jre/1.1.8/LICENSE Could someone tell me why it happened and how to fix it? Your help is much appreciated. Thanks, Rob ...

[ODBC, Windows] How to install the 9.2.0.65 ODBC driver on a 9.2 client?
Hi, I'm using the 9.2 Windows client software and would like to upgrate to the 9.2.0.65 ODBC driver (currently using 9.2.0.54). Now, does anyone know how to install the driver update? The problem is that the Oracle Installer that came with the 9.2 client (OUI version 2.2) can't install the new driver, it says something like "temporary storage requires Installer version 2.3.0.5.0a or higher". I tried the latest installer (the 10g one from patch 4437633), which can't install the new ODBC driver since it requires a products.xml file but the driver only has products.jar; trying that, the Installer tells me to use "OUI 2.3.x or previous". Oracle Support then adviced me to use the latest 2.2 installer, version 2.2.0.18 from patch 2878462. As expected, it failed with the same error message as the original 2.2 installer I tried before. According to Oracle Support, OUI 2.3 doesn't exist: 2.2.0.18 was followed by 10g immediately. So, does anyone know how the 9.2.0.65 ODBC driver can be installed with the 9.2 client software? Thanks for any help W. R�sler Wolfram Roesler wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using the 9.2 Windows client software and would like to upgrate > to the 9.2.0.65 ODBC driver (currently using 9.2.0.54). Now, does > anyone know how to install the driver update? The problem is that the > Oracle Installer that came with the 9.2 client (OUI version 2.2) > can't install the new driver, it says something like &quo...

Installing Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 where the box also acts as a domain controller, install fails with DIM-00019 error
Hi, I am trying to install the latest version of Oacle 10g onto a windows 2003 box for devlopment purposes. This box also acts as a domain controller. Everything gos fine until the the finl DB config stage, the install fails with a DIM-00019 (os 1318) "A new member could be added to a local group because the memberhas the wrong account type" I have checked OTN, but can't find any reference to the error. Anyone got any ideas install it on a different box. -bdbafh On 19 Jan 2006 13:12:34 -0800, bdbafh@gmail.com wrote: >install it on a different box. > >-bdbafh Would if I had one. On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:13:32 +0000 (UTC), melspence@btinternet.com wrote: >On 19 Jan 2006 13:12:34 -0800, bdbafh@gmail.com wrote: > >>install it on a different box. >> >>-bdbafh > > >Would if I had one. Then *buy* one. Oracle advises against installing on domain controllers, due to the overhead of domain controllers. -- Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA buying one will take about three weeks. In the meantime, is there any way of getting of installing the app on the box I have available? Thanks On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:26:06 +0100, Sybrand Bakker <postbus@sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote: >On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:13:32 +0000 (UTC), melspence@btinternet.com >wrote: > >>On 19 Jan 2006 13:12:34 -0800, bdbafh@gmail.com wrote: >> >>>install it on a different box. >>> >>>-bdbafh >> &g...

Windows Explorer error message.
After I copy or move files from the "Desktop" to a folder in Windows Explorer, I get this error when I try to select another folder in Explorer. I substituted username for my name, and a square symbol actually is part of the message. "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop\Desktop\(A Square symbol)\Winnt is not accessible. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." It drives me nuts because it doesn't happen on my son's Win2000 PC, only on mine. What do I have on my PC that is causing this problem? We're both running Win2000 5.00.2195,sp4 & IE6.0.2800.1106,128bit. ...

Internet Explorer windows captions
i'm trying to spy on IE actions such as button clicks / textbox changes / etc.. but i've noticed that IE doesn't contain any handles for it's controls like a "normal" app. , so there's no way to get any info about the controls. same goes for some or all of the menues windows in MS Office 2003. does anyone has any idea how this works or how to put a spy some other way??? Thanx, Kaniga. ...

Internet Explorer Script Error
My wife and I have separate computers. She is running on windows me. She recently changed ISPs, and almost immediately she started getting a script error message whenever she tries to print from the Internet or email. The message states: Internet Explorer Script Error An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 228 Char: 1 Error: Incompatible version of the RPC stub Code: 0 URL: res: \windows\system\SHDOCLC.DLL DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE RUNNING SCRIPT ON THIS PAGE? ...

Certificates in Internet Explorer 9
Under Untrusted Publishers all the certificates appear to have beeen revoked. I assume that the best thing to do is to simply delete these certificates? I have a few in Trusted which are up to date, although I am not sure how they arrived on my pc. Can anyone explain? Thanks ...

RH 9 installation error
Hi, I am trying to install RH 9 with booting diskette. I downloaded 3 iso files in redhat.com and burned them in three CDs. I started with booting diskette and it was working. After I selected Local CDROM for installation method, the screen shows the following errors. --------------------------------------------------- The Red Hat Linux CD was not found in any of your CDROM drives. Please insert the Red Hat Linux CD and press OK to retry. ---------------------------------------------------- The fist iso CD was in CDROM drive. I already checked MD5 checksums. All three CD were correctly burned. I thnik the booting program at least found my CDROM. But why it does not recognize my CD? Thank you in advance. ...

DOM Error in internet explorer

Internet Explorer windows captions
i'm trying to spy on IE actions such as button clicks / textbox changes / etc.. but i've noticed that IE doesn't contain any handles for it's controls like a "normal" app. , so there's no way to get any info about the controls. same goes for some or all of the menues windows in MS Office 2003. does anyone has any idea how this works or how to put a spy some other way??? Thanx, Kaniga. "Kaniga" <haplahapla@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bc38db57.0312081628.2ebd87d8@posting.google.com... > i'm trying to spy on IE actions such as button clicks / textbox > changes / etc.. > but i've noticed that IE doesn't contain any handles for it's controls > like a "normal" app. , so there's no way to get any info about the > controls. > same goes for some or all of the menues windows in MS Office 2003. > > does anyone has any idea how this works or how to put a spy some other > way??? 1. Dress in black cat suit. 2. Wait until it is dark. 3. Creep into office ... avoid security guard. 4. Hide in filing cabinet. 5. Wait until morning (remember to bring snacks). 6. Using small spy telescope watch user click buttons and enter into text boxes. 7. Write it down in small spy notebook (or record with spy camera if budget permits). 8. Wait until it is dark. 9. Creep out of office ... avoid security guard. Shane 003.14159265 :-) ...

Web resources about - Resolve Internet Explorer 9 Did Not Finish Installing Error - comp.windows.misc

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper